Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Reveiz, one year starter, former walk-on, son of a kicker, blew out his knee in 09, 5'9 230, ran 4.70 37" VJ 6.99 3C, 28 BP, over 100 tackles his one full season as starter. I remember watching him in college and thinking, he's the son of Fuad Reveiz, the former NFL kicker? But never thought about him as a prospect.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have seen that we may have also signed:

Vidal Hazelton, WR
Armando Allen, RB

Notable guys:

Derrick Locke Minnesota
Chad Spann Indianapolis
Mark Herzlich Giants
Darren Evans to Indianapolis

Still wondering where Deaunta Williams signed.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 07-26-2011 at 11:10 AM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ratiffshabang
Rookie

ratiffshabang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I heard Williams was going to sign with the Panthers, not sure if that is a lock tho. I read on the PewterPlank(which is a total joke of a site btw) that the LB from Tennessee could replace Ruud. What a joke
ratiffshabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LS Christian Yount from UCLA

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 07-26-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
LS Christian Yount from UCLA
Did we get him? I wanted him or Danny Aiken... I'll settle for Yount for sure.

I'm really disappointed with our UDFAs, most of these guys are camp bodies with only Young and Webber having the talent to really stick on the roster while other overlooked guys are being picked up by other teams left and right. The Boise St. QB, Adu, OC Matt Allen of Texas A+M? other than Detron Lewis and Derrell Smith, the rest look like they have no shot at the practice squad.

RB Armando Allen didn't produce in college.. nor could he stay healthy, he's another camp body and future injury settlement.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

If we can sign Keith Darbut, Jeremy Avery, Deaunta Williams (when he's healthy), Ogbu, Gatlin, and a couple others I will be happy, but as of right now I'm wondering if we've used ANY of the $75K we're allowed to spend on UDFAs because most of these guys would have come to camp for free.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Did we get him? I wanted him or Danny Aiken... I'll settle for Yount for sure.

I'm really disappointed with our UDFAs, most of these guys are camp bodies with only Young and Webber having the talent to really stick on the roster while other overlooked guys are being picked up by other teams left and right. The Boise St. QB, Adu, OC Matt Allen of Texas A+M? other than Detron Lewis and Derrell Smith, the rest look like they have no shot at the practice squad.

RB Armando Allen didn't produce in college.. nor could he stay healthy, he's another camp body and future injury settlement.
Gotta relax man...there are hundreds of UDFAs out there and we're not gonna sign all the ones you want. We're not gonna hit on every signee but I like a handful of those we have, especially the WRs.

Webber is a beast. I'm sure you already know this, but 6'3 220 with his production, 4.5 pro day speed and impressive film. He's well-spoken and ambitious - in a YT interview he was talking about chasing Jerry Rice for the SWAC record books and the NFL being his dream. He attacks the seam well, is a strong, physical runner, mixes speeds well as a route runner. He's a lot like Benn actually. I'm shocked that he dropped so far and got little fanfare.

Lewis is very agile and elusive, runs slants, drags and fades well, and plucks the ball nicely in traffic.

Hazelton was a top-rated recruit and has plenty of talent if he can stay healthy. PS type guy for now but he can make it in this league.

Allen was one of my favorite UDFAs period. He was doing well this year before he got injured and Cierre Wood took over. He's tiny but a good inside runner that's quick and has the burst to get upfield. He runs with more strength and toughness than his size would indicate. His skillset and durability is a lot like Huggins' so hopefully 1 of them will pan out.

Reveiz has a good shot at making it as a STer and backup like Hayward. I wanna see film but the picture I have of him is positive, lol.

I don't like Smith at all but the rest are fine and have a legit shot at making it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I'm disappointed too but we have to spend at least $42 million of the available $54 million in cap space so I hope/expect that we'll make a splash in free agency.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah...the Boise State QB is a huge head-scratcher, but he hasn't done anything good or bad, so who knows? Our staff works hard to scout and they obviously saw something.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Gotta relax man...there are hundreds of UDFAs out there and we're not gonna sign all the ones you want. We're not gonna hit on every signee but I like a handful of those we have, especially the WRs.

Webber is a beast. I'm sure you already know this, but 6'3 220 with his production, 4.5 pro day speed and impressive film. He's well-spoken and ambitious - in a YT interview he was talking about chasing Jerry Rice for the SWAC record books and the NFL being his dream. He attacks the seam well, is a strong, physical runner, mixes speeds well as a route runner. He's a lot like Benn actually. I'm shocked that he dropped so far and got little fanfare.

Lewis is very agile and elusive, runs slants, drags and fades well, and plucks the ball nicely in traffic.

Hazelton was a top-rated recruit and has plenty of talent if he can stay healthy. PS type guy for now but he can make it in this league.

Allen was one of my favorite UDFAs period. He was doing well this year before he got injured and Cierre Wood took over. He's tiny but a good inside runner that's quick and has the burst to get upfield. He runs with more strength and toughness than his size would indicate. His skillset and durability is a lot like Huggins' so hopefully 1 of them will pan out.

Reveiz has a good shot at making it as a STer and backup like Hayward. I wanna see film but the picture I have of him is positive, lol.

I don't like Smith at all but the rest are fine and have a legit shot at making it.
I do need to relax... which I would gladly do if we spent some of that $75K on guys with a legit shot to make the team.

Did we definitely get Hazelton? I thought he signed with Cincy or San Diego (can't remember where he was reported to have signed). I'm not a huge fan, but he was on my big 100 list.

I am excited about Webber, I thought I had stated that, his production and personal workout were outstanding. His clips on youtube are pretty impressive too, except for the fact that 98% of his highlights were from Go routes, bubble screens, and crosses. I really see him as a Mike Williams-type, a guy that after the catch can get upfield quickly and do damage. Obviously playing at a HBC against mostly other HBCs made him look a little faster on tape than he really is, he looks to have competitive speed and was given tons of cushion when DBs were playing off-man coverage.

Like I said before, the QB is a camp arm, I expected Van Camp, hoped for Portis, the RBs are legs, I don't expect them to do much, Matt Allen the OC is tiny and probably not athletic enough to make up for it, Webber, Yount, Lewis, Hazelton, and Smith have bottom of the roster/practice squad potential.. though Young and Webber would surprise me if they didn't make the team.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I think you need to make the distinction between "who we got" and "who we didn't get". When you forget about the other guys and just focus on who we signed you might feel differently.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

It's the "who we didn't get" that upsets me.

Had a man-crush on Mario Harvey and a few others... Damn Steelers.

I'm not seeing that we signed Hazelton... this is what I have so far:

Nick Reveiz (LB, Tennessee)
Derrell Smith (LB, Syracuse)
Raymond Webber (WR, Arkansas Pine-Bluff)
Detron Lewis (WR, Texas Tech)
Mossis Madu (RB, Oklahoma)
Mike Coughlin (QB, Boise State)
Armando Allen (RB, Notre Dame)
Matt Allen (C, Texas A&M)
Corey Brandon (OL, Oklahoma) 6'7 325 lb. lumbering OT/OG
Brandon Heath (LB, Louisville) 6'1 228 ran 4.83
Josh Jasper (K, LSU) camp leg
Christian Yount (LS, UCLA) should make team
Jock Sanders (WR, West Virginia)-Tiny tiny tiny but quick... did I mention tiny?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

I forgot where I saw that we got Hazleton,I think it was a thread on PR. My bad, brasho.

I like Madu, Sanders and Lewis. Water bug return types, IMO.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Hazelton with Chargers. It's UDFA classes like the Seahawks had that upset me, the Jags did well too.

Seahawks
Brett Osborne (OT, Harvard)
Jeron Johnson (S, Boise State)-should make team
Ricardo Lockette (WR, Fort Valley State)-speed demon with size
Ricky Thenarse (S, Nebraska)
Ladi Ajiboye (DT, South Carolina)-solid DT
Michael Morgan (LB, USC)-fast T2 LB
Doug Baldwin (WR, Stanford)-productive little WR
Pierre Allen (DE, Nebraska)-Strong base DE
Jesse Hoffman (S, Eastern Washington)
Josh Portis (QB, Cal PA)-great wildcat option
Ryan Travis (TE, West Liberty)
Zach Hurd (OL, UConn)-could be a starter
Zac Lee (QB, Nebraska)
Ron Parker (S, Newberry)-speedy S with decent size
Jarrett Crittenton (DE, Middle Tennessee State)
Deron Minor (LB, McNeese State)
Michael Huey (G, Texas)
Dorson Boyce (FB, Washington)
John Gold (P, Texas)

They have 9 gys that I think have a great shot at making their team, and not only that, making their team better.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

The thing that calms me down a bit in regards to our UDFA class this year:
A. we raped other teams Prac Squads last year
B. these kids choose where they feel they have a shot at making the team
C. By missing out on some of the bigger names this year, agents must think highly of the talent on our team
D. I am starting to look forward to Friday's UFA signings now. lol

Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

There are 7 guys still remaining from my big list:

Jeremy Avery-who had nearly 3000 yards rushing, and nearly 800 yards receiving and 33 TDs. Smallish (5'9 181) but fast (4.40) and explosive (38" VJ).

DeMarco Sampson- (6’2 204) very productive his last season in college (67-1220-8) and had a good personal workout as well (4.41 and 35.5” VJ).

Blaine Sumner-one of the strongest men on Earth. He’s 6’1 335 lbs. of muscle, face-paint, and intensity. He benched 225 52X, 49 officially, his VJ was 32, (40 was 5.32) and he was pretty productive at DT, and even threw in some production at FB. Might not even want to play in the NFL (world class powerlifter), might not be able to pass substance abuse tests. Regardless, the guy is a freak, with freak strength, and has an explosive lower body.

CB Chris L. Rucker-Excellent size (6'1 194) and decent athleticism (4.54) and production but comes with a ton of character questions.

Deaunta Williams-highly rated going into final season, has pretty good size (6’2 205) and athletic ability. Had broken leg to end 2010 season, but if healthy, he has talent.

Jerrard Tarrant-decent sized (6’0 204) S with good striking ability and decent speed (4.51-4.57)

QB/RB/WR/S Josh Nesbitt-QB from GTech was a horrendous passer but fairly effective as a runner (1000 yards rushing in 09). Good size (6'1 219) and decent speed (4.59) that could make for an interesting Wildcat or trickplay option.

K Kai Forbath- He's good, and with the new kickoff rules, almost any old kicker will do, as long as he can hit from 45 and in. Was an excellent collegiate PK.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

From the list there are at least 4 guys that may be having issues that are keeping them from being signed,
Blaine Sumner may never be able to pass a PED test and might not want to. Chris L. Rucker had serious character questions in college and could be an even bigger POS that previously assumed where even Raheem won't touch him,
Deaunta Williams has announced that he won't sign with anybody until he is healthy from his broken leg (from 8 months ago!)
Josh Nesbitt might really think he is a QB...though that would be ridiculous

So that makes one wonder whyTarrant, Avery, and Sampson remain unsigned.

I would love to see all 3 of them on the team and think all three are, at the very least, practice squad material.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
The thing that calms me down a bit in regards to our UDFA class this year:
A. we raped other teams Prac Squads last year
B. these kids choose where they feel they have a shot at making the team
C. By missing out on some of the bigger names this year, agents must think highly of the talent on our team
D. I am starting to look forward to Friday's UFA signings now. lol
Exactly. Most teams fill their roster with UFA signings as backups. We prefer rookies to build around. Once again there will be tons of talent that we couldn't get to TC that will become available for us to snatch up during/after the preseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Yeah, we gotta remember that our UDFA signings aren't over. We did some of our best work acquiring Free Agents AFTER the final cutdowns (Larsen, Blount, Briscoe, Crowder in 09, Michael Bennett, Brandon Carter, Robert Malone, and Al Woods. I'm sure there's other, but all of those guys were young guys that spent their training camps with their original teams before comig to the Bucs after final cutdowns.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Doug Worthington is the only other one I can think of.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Doug Worthington is the only other one I can think of.
Yeah, I thought of Worthington and JD Folsom and a couple others, but they weren't WORTHY of mention. You see what I just did there? Worthy... somebody shoot me!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

RB Derrick Locke failed his physical with the Vikings. Don't know if that means he could be brought in... or why he failed, but he's a possibility.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

And just like that the Eagles sign Locke... which is weird, they draft Dion Lewis, sign Noel Devine, now sign Derrick Locke. That's three tiny tailbacks. What's the point?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I have DeMarco Sampson crossed way off my list. I didn't know he was 26, nor that because of numerous injuries it took him 7 years to leave school (3 redshirt seasons).

Regardless, there are still a few guys I like out there:

QB Jeff Van Camp is supposedly not signed. Dolphins were supposed to be signing him, but they now have Pat Devlin... and Kyle Orton on his way.

RB Jeremy Avery

RB/QB Josh Nesbitt

DT Blaine Sumner

S Deaunta Williams is reportedly waiting until he is healthy to sign a contract.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Ok, not announced yet but looks like Nesbitt will be a Bill.