Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-23-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Hanie is my bet to start even if they get Orton. Think our best bet is to get a lead and force Hanie to beat us and we know if they fall behind Martz will probably abandon the run limiting Forte

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:47 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it will be Hanie at QB Sunday, with Orton going to the Chiefs. Injuries are once again effecting our team. More news today should leak out about if our injured guys will play or not.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I'd rather have faced Orton. I liked what I've seen from Hanie, and the Raiders know Orton all too well.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hanie's athleticism will be a big factor in the game, and just like Tebow and Ponder we will struggle to contain the pocket. We are really missing Shaughnessy at DE. If we can hold Forte and Hanie to under 150 rushing we will win this game.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-27-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Just got a free ticket last night for the game! First Raider game since the 09 season. Must say this might be the biggest Raider I've ever been to.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7-4 can you ******* believe it?

Every time we drop back to pass I have horrible memories from the past 8 years, maybe its time to get used to passing being a good idea.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense didn't look all that good, the O-line didn't step up to the challenge. The D was disappointing as usual and we barely squeaked out the W against a team led by Hanie.

Seabass and Lechler were pretty awesome though. :)
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

A win is a win in my book. We are now set to make the playoffs as long as we dont have any big injuries. Disappointing to see our offense not play at full force but i was impressed with the turnovers we made and also we contained the running game except for like 3 rushes. Overall I was happy with the win and expect us to be even better once we get guys like DMC, Moore, CJ and Ford back.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 11-27-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing, we ONLY had 6 penalties, keep it up boys.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Just got done watching the game on tv, I must say I was impressed with our offense. The Bears D is a top 10 defense in the NFL and we still put up 25 points without our 3 most explosive weapons. The oline struggled at times but the Bears dline has some real good pass rushers. Palmer played another very solid game similar to last week, and made some clutch throws Jason Campbell wouldn't have been able to throw. Also Marcel Reece showed us once again the type of player he can be when he gets the touches, and I'm excited to see him keep playing well.

Our defense made some nice turnovers in the 1st half, which is rarely seen since our scheme usually doesn't translate them. Aaron Curry continues to playing lights out at WLB and it might be able safe to say we won that trade. We once again couldn't contain the QB at all, which helped the Bears on a few drives(3rd and 19 and Hanie ran for a 1st down that lead to points for them). I think we need to address the DE position in the off season and upgrade over Trevor Scott who hasn't been able to return to 100% of what he used to be. A high motor pass rusher like Jake Bequette from Arkansas in the 3rd would be an ideal pick...

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-28-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to even talk playoffs, division lead or not. Don't want to get myself too excited
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you Aaron Curry.

Can any Raider fan sit here with a straight face now and say trading for Palmer wasn't a good move? Forget about this season, heading into 2012 you would have had a middle-ish first round pick and a huge need at QB.

Instead, you have a QB and won't have the 20-something pick in the draft (which likely would have been used on a QB).

Palmer didn't play great yesterday but he was down his top three weapons and still managed a 300-yard day against a top defense...

Imagine how much better he'll be with a full training camp...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
**** you Aaron Curry.

Can any Raider fan sit here with a straight face now and say trading for Palmer wasn't a good move? Forget about this season, heading into 2012 you would have had a middle-ish first round pick and a huge need at QB.

Instead, you have a QB and won't have the 20-something pick in the draft (which likely would have been used on a QB).

Palmer didn't play great yesterday but he was down his top three weapons and still managed a 300-yard day against a top defense...

Imagine how much better he'll be with a full training camp...
I said I supported the trade when it happened and it's obvious now Palmer was worth the risk. We still have a lot of games to play but all signs point to us beig a playoff team. He's grasping the offense even without our top weapons, and should only keep improving once guys like DMC, Moore and Ford return in the next few weeks.

Also thanks for Curry :) he's turning out to be a very good WLB

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we gave up too much for Rusty Knob but at least he's not totally blowing up in our face and playing well.

I'm loving me some Aaron Curry as well. Loving it, he's all over the place.

Also was pleasantly surprised we were disciplined for the most part, had one false start that really came at a bad time but everything else was minimal. Hopefully we can continue to play flag free football.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^So you wish you didn't make the move, didn't have a division lead, and didn't have a QB for 2012 but instead had the 15th pick in the first round?

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the trade and always believed Palmer still had his arm and just needed rest. I just didn't think he was worth what we gave up.

I'm really liking Aaron Curry too...McClain on the other hand always has a play where he really disappoints me.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
^So you wish you didn't make the move, didn't have a division lead, and didn't have a QB for 2012 but instead had the 15th pick in the first round?
If the Raiders got to do it over and didn't do it, I'd be ok with it. The only way Palmer's trade can be justified is if we win a SB in the near future. I like that he's playing well and that we're leading the division and hopefully in the playoffs.

What I don't like is a 1st rounder this year and 2nd next year with the potential to become a 1st.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
If the Raiders got to do it over and didn't do it, I'd be ok with it. The only way Palmer's trade can be justified is if we win a SB in the near future. I like that he's playing well and that we're leading the division and hopefully in the playoffs.

What I don't like is a 1st rounder this year and 2nd next year with the potential to become a 1st.
I just don't get that line of thinking. Do you think the 1st+2nd rounder or two 1sts would lead us to a SB in that same time frame? What are the odds that the players the Raiders would have taken with those picks turn out to be as good as Palmer?

I agree that we gave up a lot, but as long as Palmer continues to play the way he has so far I'm good with it.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Those picks have the potential to be more beneficial to the team's future and might have been worth more than Palmer who may only give us half the time those 2 picks might potentially give us.

Keyword: potential.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Those picks have the potential to be more beneficial to the team's future and might have been worth more than Palmer who may only give us half the time those 2 picks might potentially give us.

Keyword: potential.
To quote Bill Parcells, "Potential just means you haven't done **** yet."

To continue the thought process: It also means you have the potential to never do ****.

I'm comfortable with the skills Palmer brings to the table. Future 1st rounders? Im skeptical.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
To quote Bill Parcells, "Potential just means you haven't done **** yet."

To continue the thought process: It also means you have the potential to never do ****.

I'm comfortable with the skills Palmer brings to the table. Future 1st rounders? Im skeptical.
In this case I think I'd rather roll the dice with potential than with ceiling. Palmer isn't going to get any better, he's going to be 32 this year. That leaves him what, 3 or 4 years maybe? I'm a Palmer fan don't get me wrong, have his USC jersey and everything and I wanted him in Oakland, just not for what we gave up.

Idk, maybe i'm just being a little pessimistic. Hopefully he can be another Gannon for us.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like Moore is back at practice, Ford is doing some light jogging. McFadden, Seymour, McClain and Jones arent at practice...

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-30-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Crickey...we really need Seymour and McFadden back...McClain needs to be healthy too. If we want to stand any sort of chance DMc is gonna need to pull through. ****** hurry up and get better.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-01-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything wrong with a Raiders fan (me) Tebowing? I really want to be on the website.

That was a failed attempt (yes that's me), but this weekend I plan on taking one with the Americas Bridge (bridge over the Panama Canal) right next to me. :D
Old 12-03-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ if we lose this week, i'm blaming you.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote