Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fire Bresnahan...immediately. They seriously shouldn't even wait until tomorrow. Just do it right now.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Fire Bresnahan...immediately. They seriously shouldn't even wait until tomorrow. Just do it right now.
I listened to Hue's press conference and it seems like it is coming, especially when he said he was disappointed in our defense this year and said that Bres knows I'm not happy. Hopefully Hue knows of a good DC to come in and finally give us a defense that can stop the run and deep ball.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Machiavelli
Rookie

Machiavelli is a cocksman.Machiavelli is a cocksman.Machiavelli is a cocksman.

At the very least, it should be someone competent and has most if not all say in how to gameplan, scheme, and play the D. I heard Nolan's going to be available, I wouldn't mind that warts and all.
Machiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Machiavelli
Rookie

Machiavelli is a cocksman.Machiavelli is a cocksman.Machiavelli is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
WC is out of the picture now, I believe. It's all up to KC and the "Revenge of the Pocket Sloth."
Which that part went well. The other part, not so much.
Machiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck and most of the defensive staff will be fired, according to reports today. Also look for Michael Huff to be moved to CB next season, so FS could be a hole heading into the draft/free agency. Hopefully Hue can find a DC that knows how to use the type of talent we have on defense. Please be a 3-4 DC!!!

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie is a strong candidate for our GM role.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Sounds like Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie is a strong candidate for our GM role.
Reports say its basically a done deal, which is exciting IMO. Green Bay has had a strong front office for a while now and McKenzie can hopefully come in and bring us some winning football. Now we need to find a DC who can run some up to date defensive football and we could be actual contenders.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-06-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A packers beat writer said he traded texts with McKenzie who confirmed it but declined further comment. Schefter reported it as well, seems like a done deal

GREAT hire for Oakland. Highly regarded, highly respected and has won 2 SB rings here with a chance at a 3rd. Here are 2 stories about him from earlier this year that I think you guys might like to read

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...eggie-McKenzie

Quote:
General Manager Ted Thompson receives the most credit for the franchise being positioned for current and future success, but McKenzie’s fingerprints are all over this roster. He oversees all the professional scouting efforts and is heavily involved in the college scouting and draft preparation.

“We tried to sign Reggie while I was with the Redskins,” former executive and current CBS analyst Charley Casserly said. “He’s a bright guy, understands the game, good personnel guy, a solid football man and certainly would be an excellent candidate for any GM job.

“It’s an advantage if you’ve been around good people to learn from and a good system. … Reggie has a good work ethic and certainly is a guy that has applied himself to learn and improve. Certainly has been a major contributor through the years with the Packers. He will tell you he’s fortunate to be around some of the men he’s been around, but he’s taken advantage of that, too, and that’s a credit to him.”
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.co...uting-process/

Quote:
Reggie McKenzie(on scouting):“You look at the talent and his ability to be a football player. Does he make the ordinary play? What jumps out physically and talent-wise? In my mind, a lot goes into that from a standpoint of instincts, physicality, is he tough, play hard, does he make plays? There’s a lot that goes into what a real football player should look like.”

“When I look at somebody on tape, after you watch a game, you’ll know if this guy can play or not. The next thing is to determine how good is he? Just because a guy can play, now you have to put some kind of value on him. That’s where the fun begins, trying to figure that out. A lot goes into the research of it, as far as anything from medical to character, the obvious height-weight-speed.”
Wish him the best. Sucks that he is gone but he definitely deserves this shot
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Chuck and most of the defensive staff will be fired, according to reports today. Also look for Michael Huff to be moved to CB next season, so FS could be a hole heading into the draft/free agency. Hopefully Hue can find a DC that knows how to use the type of talent we have on defense. Please be a 3-4 DC!!!
I think between Hiram Eugene, Tyvon Branch and Chimdi Chekwa, the Raiders will feel comfortable at FS. I won't, but all three of those can get some time there.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Its now on Raiders.com that Reggie is the new GM.That with Schefter and other sources its a done deal.

The universe tends to unfold as it should.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I think between Hiram Eugene, Tyvon Branch and Chimdi Chekwa, the Raiders will feel comfortable at FS. I won't, but all three of those can get some time there.
If Tyvon is playing FS whos playing SS?
I wouldn't be so sure of Huff moving to CB either.The report was made before Reggie was officially hired and we won't know who the DC is going to be.
Don't forget about Giordano. I don't like him as a starter but I think hes good depth. Chekwa could be interesting.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word/rumor was that Eliot Wolf(son of Ron Wolf) would head to Oakland with McKenzie, but it was just announced by Packers writer Bob McGinn that Eliot Wolf will be staying in GB. Just giving you guys some more info

living near the bay area I'll get full coverage of what McKenzie will be doing in Oakland. Look forward to seeing how he builds that team going forward
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like McKenzie will start working with us right away and not finish the season in Green Bay, which is even more good news. Hopefully he and Hue can sit down and really figure out what this team needs, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Wouldn't mind if McKenzie were able to bring Winston Moss from Green Bay to be our DC. If that happens I could really see this team making some noise next year.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-06-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I can tell, Oakland made a very smart hire with McKenzie. Sounds like he is very similar in phiphilosophy to Ted Thompson, which means not very flashy offseasons, but a consistent draft and develop system. Looking forward to what he does with Oakland's roster.

Regarding Winston Moss, I don't know that he would leave Green Bay to be anything less than a head coach, but that's just my feeling.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope McKenzie gets to do his job, seems like Hue wants to be the Head Coach, OC, DC, QB coach, ST coach, GM, etc.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/7699.html

Good article on McKenzie

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe we have a GM, wow.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Reggie McKenzie woll be introduced tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him announce if Hue will be staying or not as well...

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-10-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Reggie McKenzie woll be introduced tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him announce if Hue will be staying or not as well...
Hue did a lot of damage with the Carson Palmer trade. I like him as a play caller and a offensive mind, but getting rid of Cable a year ago started the mess. McKenzie will pull a 2005 Thompson approach to the Raiders, and he will have to rebuild them.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

99% sure Winston Moss will be the HC....

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-10-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Here is my recap of the press conference:

McKenzie will take as long as it takes to find the right guy for the Head Coaching job, and the process to find one begins now. McKenzie also likes Palmer, but admits the Bengals got the better of us in the trade down the line. He knows we don't have enough picks, but don't be surprised for him to try and get more. McKenzie believes an organization starts from the top down, and has to be a "chain of command". Everything will be looked into, the expectations didn't get reached. McKenzie likes both the 3-4 and 4-3 defense. Mark Davis will consult with McKenzie in finding the new Head Coach, but McKenzie will have the main control in the personel moves. McKenzie wants a system that works and gets win, doesn't mean he will go with 100% with Packers schemes. Mark Davis seems to regret the Palmer trade, had to be done too fast and it had to be done. McKenzie feels like he is back home now with the Raiders, the job couldn't be passed up and he is excited to be apart of this organziation. McKenzie will evaluate everything, no quick decisions. He doesn't want to give up a player and see them go be a Pro Bowl player somewhere else. He promises to improve every part of this team. Mark Davis doesn't think he will sell his fathers team and legacy. Mark Davis is looking into a new stadium, either in Oakland, the 49ers new stadium or potential other area's(L.A.). Mark feels injuries really hurt this team a lot, thinks we could have won the division. McKenzie wants to bring great communication to the team, have one goal to win football games. McKenzie knows how to get the job done, he is ready to roll up his sleeves and get the Raiders to be better. The top prioroity is to get the personel staff together, then the team better. McKenzie ready for the draft process, he wants to try and upgrade every area to get the best group of players. Both Campbell and Palmer will looked at, McKenzie believes competition is vital. Palmer isn't protected and if we can upgrade we will.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-11-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Mike Trgovac as DC. He is Packers D-line coach now, but he was a damn good DC for Panthers for a long time.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Give me Mike Trgovac as DC. He is Packers D-line coach now, but he was a damn good DC for Panthers for a long time.
Either him or Perry will likey get the DC job. I'm hoping we can bring in Tom Clements(Packers QB Coach), to run our offense. We should be able to do some new things with our WR's to make this offense explode. We may need to bring in one more vet WR with some size to take Schilens place though.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that we don't have any picks....makes the draft a bit less interesting and it doesn't give me something to truly look forward to. Thankfully...the time of trading away draft picks stupidly seems to be over.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

We will still have compensary picks, probably a 3rd, 4th and 5th along with the rest of the picks we have. I think we might be able to traade a player or 2 for a mid round pick as well. We need to add players that fit what we are trying to implement, if we are going 3-4 add a OLB, DE and NT...

My Raiders Mock