Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-12-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

game day bitches. yes, we have a million receivers, but lets run it down their throats.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still sticking with my 27-17 win for us tonight. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the game live, but will get updates through the radio and on my phone. I'm expecting as a team to get over 150 yards rushing combine with DMC, Bush and Jones. We will see how the oline does against Dumervil and Miller, who both looked good during he preseason. Veldheer should be fine, but Barnes will likely have trouble. Boss and Murphy will be out, so maybe we will see more 6 olinemen sets on the field which should mean we will run the ball.

On defense it will be interesting to see how Chris Johnson is able to play after coming off an injury. We shouldn't have problems against their run offense since there oline isn't anything special and Moreno is average at best. They have talent at WR though and Orton can be effective in the right situation.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That shouldnt have been an ugly win, at least it was nice to see the the front 7 create pressure.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Front 4 looked like monsters.
Donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the game right now, right before halftime. Our defense looks nasty, and I am loving the creativity of both sides of the ball. We are blitzing! The front 4 is the backbone of our defense and have owned the Broncos so far. Excited to see the 63 yard field goal coming up as well lol

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I really like what Trent Dilfer has said about the Raiders during the game and he clearly watched him film on us before the game. He sees all the weapons on offense, the overall talent on defense, we just need to be disciplined and not get so many damn flags. If we cut them in half, it would help us so much on both sides of the ball.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why isn't Barksdale starting over Barnes?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Why isn't Barksdale starting over Barnes?
The staff probably thinks he isn't ready. Ive been predicting around week 8 that Barkadale will get his shot and hopefully take it. I actually thought Barnes had played decent though , way better than I thought he would.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Barnes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
The staff probably thinks he isn't ready. Ive been predicting around week 8 that Barkadale will get his shot and hopefully take it. I actually thought Barnes had played decent though , way better than I thought he would.
Honestly, you watch the game and you can see Barnes always talking to the other offensive players, helping guys up, pats on the helmet, etc. Despite the false starts he is busting his butt out there and trying to bring some veteran leadership to an offense that needs it. He definitely played better than I was anticipating.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Honestly, you watch the game and you can see Barnes always talking to the other offensive players, helping guys up, pats on the helmet, etc. Despite the false starts he is busting his butt out there and trying to bring some veteran leadership to an offense that needs it. He definitely played better than I was anticipating.
Ya I do agree if he does cut down on the flags I would be fine with him at RT, if he can keep up the type of play he had last night. Though Denver's dline is weak, Barnes and the other all looked solid and opened up holes for DMC and Bush.

On a side note, I was disappointed to see Taiwan Jones and Denarius Moore not be involved in the offense last night. I would atleast put one of them back returning punts just to get the ball in their hands. I still don't understand why Nick Miller is on the team.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-13-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We desperately need a QB.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
We desperately need a QB.
This. It is so frustrating to watch Campbell lock on to the RB's immediately after the snap on 3rd and long situations. The only times he attempted to throw it further than 5 yards were on play-action fakes.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That missed throw to DHB was a killer...

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I thought Campbell played decent last night, just enough for us to win. Denver's secondary isn't great, but they do have some nice players back there against our young WR's so I expected some difficulties from the passing game. Don't give up on him week 1, I expect the passing offense to improve once Boss is able to come back

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-14-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell is not the answer. We know this.

Buffalo next, good chance at a 2-0 start.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like Kevin Boss is practicing today which is a great sign for him bein able to play this week. Another weapon for Campbell to throw to and will give us a good run blocker.

I am still hoping we are looking at some OLBs though, it was obvious to me that Groves is our weakest player on defense

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post

I am still hoping we are looking at some OLBs though, it was obvious to me that Groves is our weakest player on defense
I agree. It would be nice to add a rangy OLB with the effective tackling of McClain and the pass rushing skills of Wimbley. I don't think we can trust Groves to cover RB's or TE's and his pass rushing skills are pretty minimal considering he is a converted DE.

I think this week's game will be fairly close. The Raiders traditionally suck at Sunday morning East Coast starts, but Hue's approach may help. If our secondary can tighten things up and Campbell can hit a couple deeper throws I think we will have a good shot at the W. If we can complement our run game with an efficient passing game, there are not many teams that can hold us under 20 points.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I haven't gave my official prediction either, but I have the feeling this game could come down to the last drive for a team. Maybe Janokowski hits another long field goal?

Also some bad news, Jacoby Ford and Michael Huffs status for Sunday are up in the air. Looks like Boss will play though

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-16-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ford has quickly become our best offensive player right behind DMAC and kinda has been since last year.. we need more guys like him that love to play the game and leave it out on the field.

Glad to have Boss back if true and hopefully we can run it even better than we did last week!
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like Huff is back at practice today and should be fine to play. Ford still out and it's looking doubtful he will play on Sunday. We also gave Taiwan Jones some looks at KR today which is a good sign, I have having Miller back there.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-16-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ford is officially out. Hopefully this means we see some Denarius Moore

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-17-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I think we will be fine without Ford. Hagan will get a chance to play and I think he could be our best WR on the team at this point. I hope to see Hagan and Schilens be more involved as the #2 guys and we will see if DHB can keep it up. Moore should also see more snaps in the packages designed for Ford.

Also idk if you all have heard about this but I guess Janikowski got into trouble last year for battery and false imprisonment right before the Cardinals game. It wasn't reported and the possibility of him getting a suspension is still unknown

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 09-17-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the old Seabass lol. I thought those days were behind him.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Ford has quickly become our best offensive player right behind DMAC and kinda has been since last year.. we need more guys like him that love to play the game and leave it out on the field.

Glad to have Boss back if true and hopefully we can run it even better than we did last week!
We tried force feeding him the ball and the offense looked bad...He's the 3rd WR when Murph gets back.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
We tried force feeding him the ball and the offense looked bad...He's the 3rd WR when Murph gets back.
It will be real interesting to see where Murphy is on the depth chart when he does come back. DHB is a lock at #1 but if Hagan gets a chance to play I really think he can become our #2 guy out there with Ford coming in on his packages.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota