Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-26-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the @Raiders game listed as the most likely "trap" game for NE.

1) West coast
2) Good team that may get overlooked by a young, cocky team that has had some success (see Browns game 2010) - though, I had a feeling we'd win against the Bills (and probably by 14+)
3) Jets next week.
4) The game isn't against a divisional opponent.

With the Bills loss, I have a feeling the Raiders may get more of the Patriots attention than they would have liked. Then again, DMC should get 200+ yards.

Last edited by descendency : 09-26-2011 at 01:29 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Season saving win IMO, if we were to start off 1-3 and play Patriots and Texans back to back would a bad situation.

Huge game from McFadden again, he is an elite RB. The dline showed up in the 2nd half, and held the Jets to only 7 points. Chekwa had an impressive game stepping in for CJ, I hope he can keep it up. Denarius Moore continues to look like the steal of the draft, cant wait until we get all our WRs back and healthy to see what this offense could really look like. Campbell once again played well enough for the win, he is he leader on offense and looked totally in control.
You cannot be serious. Don't you say something like this every week? At what point will you realize that our passing attack won't change much until we get a real QB instead of captain checkdown? We were 0/8 on third down conversions today for a reason. If DMC and the run game weren't so awesome this team would be in trouble.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:55 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
You cannot be serious. Don't you say something like this every week? At what point will you realize that our passing attack won't change much until we get a real QB instead of captain checkdown? We were 0/8 on third down conversions today for a reason. If DMC and the run game weren't so awesome this team would be in trouble.
Before today Campbell has had the 3rd best QB rating the last 7 weeks(going back 5 games into last season). I will let you figure out the 2 who were ahead of him.

My point is, it isn't pretty but All Pro QBs don't grow on trees. Campbell may not be that QB you look at and say go win me a game, but with the way our team has been playing this year it's obvious to me we can do things with him. We are built like a 1970's football team just like Al wants, and we still play that type of football we it comes down to it. We run the ball and he offense is centered around the RB(s). Even our oline is built for us to pound the ball. Campbell fits in as the veteran QB that won't go out and throw 3ints trying to be the hero, but as the game manager giving us a chance to win if the our players play like there suppose to. Being a veteran also gives this offense a coach on the field, I thought it was obvious Campbell looked poised against one if the best defenses in the NFL and made the right decisions when asked. Once we truely get back Ford and Murphy to go with Moore, DHB, Hagan and Schilens I expect the pass offense to take another step forward. That's 6 talented weapons to use, along with Boss who I see being a great option underneath similar to how Zach Miller was last year.

Did you not see Campbell last week? I thought Campbell played the best out of any player on the team last week and without a good game from him there would be no way we have any shot to score in the 2nd half.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Before today Campbell has had the 3rd best QB rating the last 7 weeks(going back 5 games into last season). I will let you figure out the 2 who were ahead of him.

My point is, it isn't pretty but All Pro QBs don't grow on trees. Campbell may not be that QB you look at and say go win me a game, but with the way our team has been playing this year it's obvious to me we can do things with him. We are built like a 1970's football team just like Al wants, and we still play that type of football we it comes down to it. We run the ball and he offense is centered around the RB(s). Even our oline is built for us to pound the ball. Campbell fits in as the veteran QB that won't go out and throw 3ints trying to be the hero, but as the game manager giving us a chance to win if the our players play like there suppose to. Being a veteran also gives this offense a coach on the field, I thought it was obvious Campbell looked poised against one if the best defenses in the NFL and made the right decisions when asked. Once we truely get back Ford and Murphy to go with Moore, DHB, Hagan and Schilens I expect the pass offense to take another step forward. That's 6 talented weapons to use, along with Boss who I see being a great option underneath similar to how Zach Miller was last year.

Did you not see Campbell last week? I thought Campbell played the best out of any player on the team last week and without a good game from him there would be no way we have any shot to score in the 2nd half.
Lol, did you seriously just try and say he's good because of his QB rating? When you actually watch the games, you can see he has probably only thrown the ball further than ten yards a handful of times in 3 games. Just about any QB in the league can throw WR screens, RB screens, and checkdowns all game long.

We don't need an All Pro QB, but we do need one that can move the chains when necessary. The run game is awesome, but it won't get us a first down in third and long situations very often. And I hate to burst your bubble, but we probably won't run for 150+ yards every game the rest of the way. There are going to be situations where we need to look at the QB and say go win me the game, but all we'll have is Jason Campbell. Get real with this coach on the field and looking poised crap. He was probably thanking his lucky stars DMC went off so he didn't have to do anything against that tough D. When we get all our guys healthy, it'll just be more guys to throw screens and checkdowns to.

He did play better against the Bills, but most of that came on about 3 drives where he actually threw the ball further than 5-10 yards (and it surprised the hell outta me lol). Some of those were the jump balls he through to Moore though (I would give most of the credit to Denarious on those, he did a great job to go up and get those) but I was glad that Campbell at least attempted them. But what happened in that game? We lost. My whole point is if we get into a shootout or if we can't run the ball we are going to be in trouble. We'll have to rely on our QB and our D, and neither one has given me confidence they can get it done so far.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I had the @Raiders game listed as the most likely "trap" game for NE.

1) West coast
2) Good team that may get overlooked by a young, cocky team that has had some success (see Browns game 2010) - though, I had a feeling we'd win against the Bills (and probably by 14+)
3) Jets next week.
4) The game isn't against a divisional opponent.

With the Bills loss, I have a feeling the Raiders may get more of the Patriots attention than they would have liked. Then again, DMC should get 200+ yards.
It will be an interesting matchup and could come down to turnovers/special teams. Both teams have craptacular defenses, so whichever offense doesn't shoot itself in the foot certainly has an opportunity to put up big points. Mayo vs McFadden could be one of the deciding matchups of the game. Hopefully there is another packed house to throw some batteries at Brady.
If the Raiders can run the ball like they did last week and limit Brady's possessions you have to like their chances.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Lol, did you seriously just try and say he's good because of his QB rating? When you actually watch the games, you can see he has probably only thrown the ball further than ten yards a handful of times in 3 games. Just about any QB in the league can throw WR screens, RB screens, and checkdowns all game long.

We don't need an All Pro QB, but we do need one that can move the chains when necessary. The run game is awesome, but it won't get us a first down in third and long situations very often. And I hate to burst your bubble, but we probably won't run for 150+ yards every game the rest of the way. There are going to be situations where we need to look at the QB and say go win me the game, but all we'll have is Jason Campbell. Get real with this coach on the field and looking poised crap. He was probably thanking his lucky stars DMC went off so he didn't have to do anything against that tough D. When we get all our guys healthy, it'll just be more guys to throw screens and checkdowns to.

He did play better against the Bills, but most of that came on about 3 drives where he actually threw the ball further than 5-10 yards (and it surprised the hell outta me lol). Some of those were the jump balls he through to Moore though (I would give most of the credit to Denarious on those, he did a great job to go up and get those) but I was glad that Campbell at least attempted them. But what happened in that game? We lost. My whole point is if we get into a shootout or if we can't run the ball we are going to be in trouble. We'll have to rely on our QB and our D, and neither one has given me confidence they can get it done so far.
hahaha yea you're gonna put the Bills game on Campbell. Because he's the one who gave up 38 points right? Yes Moore did a spectacular job coming down with the ball but Campbell threw it well and gave him a chance to make the catch.

I'm not a huge Campbell supporter, we need a better QB I agree but he's what we have right now....unless you'd rather us throw Boller or Pryor out there.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

^^I guess you missed the last part about the D...
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Stash but the problem is, the Raiders don't have anyone better right now.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will see further on in the season if Campbell can be the winning type QB I think we can be with him

Now onto this week, Mike Mitchell is saying he will play against the Patriots which would be a good thing since McClain hasn't coverage TEs well so far and Mitchell could get some packages playing as a LB. Huff is going through concussion tests so hopefully he is fine. We need all the secondary healthy to be able to stop the passing offense of the Patriots. I see the dline playing a lot better though with the motivation of Seymour going into this game. Wouldnt be surprised to see him get a sack or 2

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders look very good so far. I had to LOL though when Clayton was talking about how Hue Jackson has given this team an identity. Tom Cable actually put this team together and developed the identity over the past few years though. I have a feeling Jackson/Davis collaborated to remove Cable from the picture.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Mitchell's first day of real practice, I wonder how much he'll play. Means we'll be seeing less and less of Giordano.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean I think in the long term Jackson will be better.. and hopefully we hold onto him longer than we normally do.

As far as Campbell, we all know what he is and we all know what can win in this league. He is a QB that can manage a game but obviously looking long term he is not the answer UNLESS he takes us into the playoffs and wins a game or 2 depending on the sitch... but should still be looking for a QB sometime soon.

Pats game : They lost to the Bills last week.. :( our running game is set up to look good again but our secondary could get torched by Brady. Lets hope we can pound and keep him off the field..
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats best chance against the Raiders is to have Haynesworth along with Wilfork in the game and play alot of 4-3 fronts to hopefully slow down the Raiders rushing attack. I really like that the Raiders are so dedicated to running the ball in this era of airing it out.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ford and Huff also practicing today so it looks like we are getting most everybody back. Haven't heard anything on CJ though, we need him for this game because I doubt our young CBs will have the success they had against Sanchez when Bradys on the field.

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if we win in any form this week we're clearly on our way to being a AFC contender. McFadden has got to be an MVP candidate thus far (even though Tom Brady would never let that happen)
Donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

We sold out again! Hopefully we put up a good performance and compete with the Patriots. I think it's gonna he a shoot out similar to the 2nd half of the Bills game

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-30-2011, 02:08 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expecting a big shootout. Not sure JC is gonna be able to keep up but we'll see.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Hopefully Seymour can get our defense motivated. The blueprint to slowing Brady down is pressure, and with their Center and RT out I hope we can knock him down a little. I have the feeling Lamarr Houston is going to have his break out game(2 sacks). Our run offense is going to look good once again with DMC going over 100 yards again. As long as Campbell can connect deep with Moore/DHB/Ford we should win this game n

My Raiders Mock

Old 10-01-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nick miller cut, s. moore might be brought back
Old 10-01-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
nick miller cut, s. moore might be brought back
I would like that. I still think he could be a good player from this draft (although he was a UDFA). I liked what I saw from Chekwa as a CB last week so all is not lost with so many DBs injured. I certainly haven't liked him as a safety yet. He works much better when he is next to his man than working in space.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like DB Ron Parker was added when Miller was cut. Huff will be out Sunday with his concussion from last week. Hopefully this means we will see a lot of zone again like last week. Chris Johnson is as out for the game so expect DVD and Chekwa to get a lot of work as well. Ford is questionable but he was out of the field in limited reps this week. Mitchell as well had limited reps but I guess it will be up to Hue if he plays. Shaughnessy and Reece didn't practice at all so I'd expect them to be out which is concerning. Moss and Scott will need to step up at DE, I think Houston has a good game for us though.

My Raiders Mock

Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Heres my prediction for today's game.

34-30 Patriots

Had fought game on both sides but I just don't think our pass defense will be able to cover guys like Welker and the TE well. I expect our dline to generate pressure but it won't be enough to make Brady struggle. Our offense will look solid with the rushing attack combining to go for 150 yards again. I see a TD pass to Boss and maybe another deep pass to Moore or Ford as well. Really tough game for us but there will be good things to see from it.

My Raiders Mock

Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Campbell is ******* ********.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrius played well <3

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:51 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I thought the turning point in the game was the Campbell pick. The defense looked alright against the pass in the first half but it was obvious we were hurting with Huff and CJ out. The final would be the same, but I think if we had those 2 we would have put up a better fight in the 2nd half. Huff/CJ on Welker instead of Chekwa would be a better match-up for us. Our run defense was a non factor and I think not having Shaughnessy hurt the dline play.

My Raiders Mock