Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 07-26-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What needs to get done...

First:

1. Attempt to fill the roster with UDFAs (today in progress). Maybe find a few gems here and there, but mostly to fill the 90 man roster to bring to camp.

2. Sign our own Draft Picks. I think we can get our 3rd day picks and some 2nd day picks signed today due to the rookie salary cap. Hopefully all will be signed by Thursday.

3. Resign our own players: Davin Joseph is top priorty. I hate to say RT Jeremy Trueblood as well, but he's a much better fit in our new power blocking scheme. Quincy Black is going to be resigned as well and Adam Heyward is a key special teamer.

If Tampa can't find a solid 3rd down back, then Caddy needs to be resigned as well. Remember, team chemistry must be kept and is important to be a contender. This team has it.

4. Make some moves in Free Agency.
- Go after Nmamdi Asomugah. We have the money and must spend the money. Why not front load the contract heavily? If we don't get him, at least make the attempt. Talib might play this year, but his future looks bleak. I like what we got in Lewis and Biggers, but Nmamdi is an All Pro who shuts down one side of the field. Not only that, but him and Talib on the same field this year, with T-Jack coming back could be a top 5 or 3 secondary.

Also, Shefter did report today that Tampa is a strong possibility with their cap space.

- Get depth/special teamers and bring them in.

- If you don't sign Aso, try and bring in Posluszny or Nick Barnett. Leadership to this defense to replace Barrett Ruud is key. Posluszny is a better fit with age and experience in our system.

- Try and find a solid rotational DT to rotate with Roy Miller. Al Woods was solid last year in the rotation and Okam wasn't too bad, so they might be satisfied there. Price is going to miss the 1st 6 games at the least, maybe even the season, who knows. I liked what I saw out of Woods, but depth is a must with Price out.

- Mathias Kiwanuka could be a steal/bargain. I don't know if the Bucs staff and Dominik are 100 % starting 2 rookies at DE. Clayborn is most definately a lock to start, but they could monitor Bowers' playing Time. Kiwanuka and Bowers can split playing time.

- Ian Snelling would be a great compliment to Lagarrette Blount.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
2. Sign our own Draft Picks. I think we can get our 3rd day picks and some 2nd day picks signed today due to the rookie salary cap. Hopefully all will be signed by Thursday.
Mason Foster just signed
Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Mason Foster just signed
Yepp and I expect more announcements throughout the evening/night.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aqib Talib is staying a Buc! Biggest news we could get this offseason imo. Screw all those BS rumors.

Also Dominik basically confirms Ruud isn't coming back! 2nd biggest news!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Aqib Talib is staying a Buc! Biggest news we could get this offseason imo. Screw all those BS rumors.

Links? Happy Ruud won't be with us.

Talib will stick with us this year because this just confirms that Goodell most likely won't be able to suspend any players who got into legal trouble during the lockout.

However, Talib's future after the 2011 season is still in question.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at any football rumors site or Bucs board. Dominik confirmed this stuff in his 4PM interview/PC.

Talib isn't confirmed past 2011, that's true. We'll let the legal situation handle itself.

He was talking about how FOster has big shoes to fill and then he mentioned McKenzie and our UDFAs. No mention of Ruud. Granted it could be a negotiating ploy, but I doubt it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Look at any football rumors site or Bucs board. Dominik confirmed this stuff in his 4PM interview/PC.

Talib isn't confirmed past 2011, that's true. We'll let the legal situation handle itself.

He was talking about how FOster has big shoes to fill and then he mentioned McKenzie and our UDFAs. No mention of Ruud. Granted it could be a negotiating ploy, but I doubt it.
I just saw the link on rotoworld.com about Talib and the Foster signing. Still didn't see where he said no Ruud, but I think they are ready to move on from him. Foster is a better option in the middle.

Also read this.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.ph...5:&Itemid= 15

Geno Hayes seems to have really dedicated himself this offseason. Added 5 lbs of Muscle and working out twice a day. Maybe he knows his job is in jeopordy.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

It won't be in any articles because it wasn't an official word. It's just something that was implied based on the way Dominik answered questions about him.

Nice about Hayes. He's still under contract and will make a good backup for cheap at the very least.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4640/aqib-talib

Apparently Dominik also hinted that we won't pursue Aso. I should've watched this PC.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 07-26-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yepp and I expect more announcements throughout the evening/night.
Daniel Hardy signed
Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Agreed, Talib definitely being back, even if it were just to trade him and get value, is great... but perhaps RUud not being back is even better.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...er-bucs-future

The MD-Ruud no longer in Bucs future story.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ratiffshabang
Rookie

ratiffshabang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have a feeling we won't do much in free agency other than resigning some of our own guys. I'm not sure how we are going to reach the salary cap floor other than overpaying guys like Joseph and Trublood. I'm saddened that it looks like we won't go after Aso. I didn't honestly think we would be able to sign him but would be nice if we made an attempt at a big free agent for once. I realize we want to build from within with a young core, but we still have some holes. Don't get me wrong, i've very excited about this team and our future, just wish we could bring in a big time talent to secure a position of need. Go Bucs
ratiffshabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Looks like the Jets are 'ALL IN' in pursuing Nmadi Asomugah. God Help any QB trying to throw on that defense. Apparently he's willing to take much less for a contender and the Jets fit that.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/779/nnamdi-asomugha
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkk

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need Nnamdi, trust me on this one. We need pass rushers. Talib is back, Biggers and Lewis are players. We get that pass rush going and we can bring Donnie Abraham and Brian Kelly out of moth balls and they'd play well for us. I would like more than anything that is left out there are:

1) DE Ray Edwards-we need 3 DEs, and Edwards would be the only one that has proven he can rush the passer.
2) RB Darren Sproles-perhaps the best 3rd down RB in the NFL.
3) CB...maybe.. Joseph, if we don't want to overpay, Chris Houston.

If not Sproles, then a veteran backup RB that is multi-functional. Mike Tolbert can play FB or RB, Snelling can play FB or RB or be a 3rd down RB.

P Dan Sepulveda would be an upgrade over Malone.

DT Brandon Mebane is by far the best DT out there, and would provide the Bucs with another player to have a killer rotation... it isn't likely.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
We don't need Nnamdi, trust me on this one. We need pass rushers. Talib is back, Biggers and Lewis are players. We get that pass rush going and we can bring Donnie Abraham and Brian Kelly out of moth balls and they'd play well for us. I would like more than anything that is left out there are:

1) DE Ray Edwards-we need 3 DEs, and Edwards would be the only one that has proven he can rush the passer.
2) RB Darren Sproles-perhaps the best 3rd down RB in the NFL.
3) CB...maybe.. Joseph, if we don't want to overpay, Chris Houston.

If not Sproles, then a veteran backup RB that is multi-functional. Mike Tolbert can play FB or RB, Snelling can play FB or RB or be a 3rd down RB.

P Dan Sepulveda would be an upgrade over Malone.

DT Brandon Mebane is by far the best DT out there, and would provide the Bucs with another player to have a killer rotation... it isn't likely.
I like Mebane. Don't want Ray Edwards, would rather Kiwanuka. He's a better player and won't have to be overpaid.

Mebane would be an excellent DT next to McCoy and rotate with Roy Miller. Dominik said today Brian Price won't start the season on the PUP, but many medical reports say he's no where near football shape because of his rare injury and might be another year away, so he won't be productive.
Price wasnt even cleared to practice with the bucs during their OTAs organized by Freeman.

Any Punter would be an upgrade over Malone. I think we need to sign a CB to compete for playing time. We still don't know 100% Talib will be suspended or not and if he is, i suspect 4 games. Don't forget about RB.

Also to report, the Bucs are in a dog fight with Dallas to land T Doug Free. Not sure how I feel about this but if he can be a mauler at RT, then heck yeah, but we need to sign Davin Joseph first.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Also, I don't think Tampa is looking for that homerun threat RB in sproles. I think Morris is getting to Steeler football in having a big and strong physical running game. Blount and Bradford fit that bill and I think we should pursue Snelling as a 3rd down back, unless we resign Caddy.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Yeah, just read the part about Doug Free. Don't think the Cowboys can go nearly as high as we can... I'm thinking with Free at RT, we would be pretty good there... I like it.

I like Edwards better than Kiwi... younger, more production, less health issues (back, knee), better run defender.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Yeah, just read the part about Doug Free. Don't think the Cowboys can go nearly as high as we can... I'm thinking with Free at RT, we would be pretty good there... I like it.

I like Edwards better than Kiwi... younger, more production, less health issues (back, knee), better run defender.
Why would we bring in Edwards at a huge contract when we have Clayborn and Bowers? Kiwanuka would come a lot cheaper and can rotate as a 3rd defensive end and split time with Bowers until he proves his knee is 100%. There have been no links to us with Edwards anyways, so I think the Bucs are avoiding that.

I want Dominik to sweep in and get Mebane though. All reports are that Price's injury is very serious and threatening towards his career. I've read reports that a few players in the past had the same procedure done and never recovered, so he's a long shot.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

I thought Edwards was already going to sign with a team.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
I thought Edwards was already going to sign with a team.
He's been linked to Philly, Cleveland and Seattle.

Barrett Ruud, officially our former Buc (trash) has been linked to Detroit and Cleveland. Can you imagine us opening up against Detroit and have Blount run Ruud right over week 1? haha
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

LOVE IT! Yeah, Cleveland is where I read Edwards was going to sign. Thanks

Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

LINK

Looks like we might be going ham for Doug Free.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

ESPN's John Clayton and Adam Shefter still are saying the Bucs are in play for free agent CB Nmadi Asomugah. Maybe Dominik isn't tipping his hat, but we just lost out on Doug Free. We HAVE to spend money to reach the floor and Nmadi makes sense and puts fans in the seats.