Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clayborn is done which is fantastic for us. The quicker he gets into camp, the quicker he and Gerald can wreak havoc for us.

Also, keep in mind that with the salary cap issue, we don't need to hit the salary floor until MARCH.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my list of young free agents that I believe the Bucs might/should consider targeting:

RB Darren Sproles, Mike Tolbert, Jason Snelling, Tim Hightower

OT Jared Gaither

OG That Joseph guy

P Dan Sepulveda

DE Ray Edwards, Tim Crowder, Mark Anderson, Manny Lawson, Vernon Gholston (for next to nothing)

DT Brandon Mebane, Eric Foster, Turk McBride (as DE/DT swingman)

LB Stephen Tulloch, James Anderson, Quincy Black, Rocky McIntosh, Tavares Gooden, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Thomas Howard, Ernie Sims

CB Nnamdi (I'm not big on this one but...), Jonathan Joseph, Antonio Cromartie, Chris Houston

S Eric Weddle

For the most part, the other free agents NOT listed are either too old (Jason Babin), too many injuries (Kiwanuka), or at a position of too much talent on roster (Zach Miller).
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Here's my list of young free agents that I believe the Bucs might/should consider targeting:

OT Jared Gaither

OG That Joseph guy

P Dan Sepulveda

DE Ray Edwards, Tim Crowder, Mark Anderson, Manny Lawson, Vernon Gholston (for next to nothing)

LB Stephen Tulloch, James Anderson, Quincy Black, Rocky McIntosh, Tavares Gooden, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Thomas Howard, Ernie Sims

CB Nnamdi (I'm not big on this one but...), Jonathan Joseph, Antonio Cromartie, Chris Houston

S Eric Weddle

For the most part, the other free agents NOT listed are either too old (Jason Babin), too many injuries (Kiwanuka), or at a position of too much talent on roster (Zach Miller).
I agree with you on Mebane. I think he'd be an excellent tandem with McCoy. Don't know what you see in Cromartie. He's a horrible tackler when it comes to playing the run. Don't really want him.

Ernie Sims wouldn't be bad as he could provide some competition at WLB. Chris Houston could be a solid addition, but Dominik I think is starting to gamble on Talib not being suspended, which means he's happy with his secondary.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Gaither is not a RT. He struggled and reports are the Raiders are heavily courting him.

Don't like Edwards. We drafted Bowers and Clayborn, no need to break the bank for this guy.

I think the Bucs are definately going to resign Black, Joseph and Trueblood now.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joiseph hasn't been offered a contract yet per his twitter.

Quincy Black is closing in on a long-term deal.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/7/27/...ay-free-agency

I wonder if JoeBucsFan will eat his words after all those asinine articles and blurbs about how good Barrett Ruud is and how Black shouldn't return.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went head-to-head a few times with Joe about Black and Ruud. It seems the best argument he could make was, "It's my site, nanny nanny boo boo."

I countered with information about how Black had the best numbers of ANY Sam in the T-2 since Dungy arrived... then he made Tarzan and Jane comparisons... I'm pretty sure I was right BEFORE this information came out.

BTW, funny use of the word "asinine". I guess Joe thinks players getting ridiculous money which is paid for on the backs of the fans is a good idea. Let's face it, the owners are going to make money no matter what, so are the players. But to rape the fans so they can both get filthy rich is what's asinine.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At every level (HS, college, pro) reporters and analysts get blurred into one entity. Anyone with a blog thinks they have a worthy opinion just because people are reading. Mousey looking rumor hunters like Schefter and La Canfora voice their thoughts, and people who hold up mics tell the fans who should be recruited and who should be given contracts.

Those who are qualified for reporting are NOT automatically qualified to be football analysts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Agreed 1000%. I remember Len Pasquarelli thinking he was sooooo smart because Rich McKay used to feed him information all the time regarding the Falcons. Which in turn, made Lenny think his opinion was valid on any other subject that McKay didn't give him.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

OT Jared Gaither

OG That Joseph guy

P Dan Sepulveda

S Eric Weddle

I like this. Lawson, Gholston, Sims are all cheap, low risk kind of additions.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team should go after a corner, it's a big need, expect Talib to be suspended for a couple games. Especially as Saints use multiple receivers so often and now the Falcons having Jones.

I would pass on Cromartie. He looked great last year with the Jets, the two years before in San Diego he struggled. Good chance he's a contract player. Once he gets a long-term deal its a real possibility his effort goes way down.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Also, Gaither is not a RT. He struggled and reports are the Raiders are heavily courting him.

Don't like Edwards. We drafted Bowers and Clayborn, no need to break the bank for this guy.

I think the Bucs are definately going to resign Black, Joseph and Trueblood now.
Gaither was moved to RT last season, he did struggle, but because of injury, not because he can't do it.

You might not like Edwards, but having 3 DEs, especially considering 2 have yet to prove anything, is essential for consistently putting pressure on a QB.

Look at the Giants with Strahan, Umenyora, and Tuck.. and what about the Giants with Umenyora, Tuck, and Kiwanuka. If a team uses their 3 DEs right, each will get 67% of the snaps and will be fresh. No defensive linemen play more than 75% of all snaps anyways, Edwards is proven, still young (26), and a quality player. Edwards at LDE, Clayborn at RDE, and Bowers could be the swingman like he was at Clemson.

I'm not big on Cromartie because of his tackling deficienies but he's a good cover guy.

As for Trueblood, I'm not sure which is more likely... him being re-signed, or Barrett Ruud. I don't think Trueblood has a chance in hell of coming back. He's proven over his time in the NFL that he is a barely adequate NFL RT... and considering the only position he CAN play is RT... he has no versatility and little value. Especially when better OTs are already on the roster (Lee, Dotson, Zuttah).
Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gaither was moved to RT last season, he did struggle, but because of injury, not because he can't do it.

You might not like Edwards, but having 3 DEs, especially considering 2 have yet to prove anything, is essential for consistently putting pressure on a QB.

Look at the Giants with Strahan, Umenyora, and Tuck.. and what about the Giants with Umenyora, Tuck, and Kiwanuka. If a team uses their 3 DEs right, each will get 67% of the snaps and will be fresh. No defensive linemen play more than 75% of all snaps anyways, Edwards is proven, still young (26), and a quality player. Edwards at LDE, Clayborn at RDE, and Bowers could be the swingman like he was at Clemson.

I'm not big on Cromartie because of his tackling deficienies but he's a good cover guy.

As for Trueblood, I'm not sure which is more likely... him being re-signed, or Barrett Ruud. I don't think Trueblood has a chance in hell of coming back. He's proven over his time in the NFL that he is a barely adequate NFL RT... and considering the only position he CAN play is RT... he has no versatility and little value. Especially when better OTs are already on the roster (Lee, Dotson, Zuttah).
Over on Footballsfuture.com Tampa forum, a link insists that Tampa is a darkhorse for Jonathon Joseph because they can sign him easily. I believe it was payneinsider.com. I don't know how credible the source is, but we're also interested in Fabian Washington, a former 1st round pick.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph would be an amazing signing. We do need some depth though because if Talib is suspended we could be in trouble.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Joseph would be an amazing signing. We do need some depth though because if Talib is suspended we could be in trouble.
Yeah. John Clayton reported last night that Joseph would decide on a team Wednesday night, but something got held up.

The Texans are trying extremely hard to land Asomugah, but are still in contact with Joseph as a backup plan. Don't be surprised if Dominik swoops in and makes an offer. Remember, he HAS to spend money to reach the floor and he hasn't even come close to that.

Mebane is another guy to keep an eye on too.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:11 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Talib won't miss a game this year unless he gets injured so I don't see why we need to acquire insurance right now. We have 3 starting CBs in Talib, Barber and Biggers. Lewis is a good backup to stick on bigger WRs and Gaitor can be the #5 corner that covers the slot in nickel and dime situations.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Over on Footballsfuture.com Tampa forum, a link insists that Tampa is a darkhorse for Jonathon Joseph because they can sign him easily. I believe it was payneinsider.com. I don't know how credible the source is, but we're also interested in Fabian Washington, a former 1st round pick.
Yeah, I saw that. I don't think the Bucs are looking to break the bank or stunt the growth of their young players with a big signing.

Everybody we want them to go after (Aso, Sproles, J Joseph, Mebane) has gotten no mention from the Bucs.

They have talked to guys we haven't talked about (Washington, Colledge, Free-not as much). I assume they're still looking for some help on the OLine, possibly a RT and/or OG (could be negotiating tactic aimed at re-signing D Joseph) and a backup CB. But they've beenn silent on RBs, DEs, and high-end CBs.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I wonder what the penalty will be when we fail significantly to reach the cap floor?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wonder what the penalty will be when we fail significantly to reach the cap floor?
Me too, but keep in mind we can extend players after this season. Freeman is one of them, and his contract will go a long way towards getting us to that floor.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Me too, but keep in mind we can extend players after this season. Freeman is one of them, and his contract will go a long way towards getting us to that floor.
Usually, you don't extend players until a year before there contract is up. For example, Freeman has a 5 year deal, after his 4th year, then I think it'd be wise to negotiate extension. That has been done for players like Brady, Eli Manning, Roethlisbuerger, and Rivers to name a few.

They can't extend Mike Williams until after his 3rd year, same with Benn.

Talib would have been up for an extension, but he blew that with his off the field screw ups.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We have until March of next year to reach it. We CAN extend our 3rd year players AFTER the season... so Freeman will be eligible, Miller and a few others. We should get there, even if we have to give Freeman a crazy front-loaded contract.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Buccaneers making a late push and offer for CB Jonathon Joseph.

Source: http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/7/28/...hnathan-joseph

Also, reports are they have come to terms with RT Jeremy Trueblood and RG Davin Joseph.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/7/28/...eers-tampa-bay

Not big time media sources, but they have been extremely credible in the past before it hit stations like ESPN and NFL Network or Fox and so on.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Both those links are dead. I'm checking twitter to see if anything has come out unofficially.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

As of an hour ago, Davin tweeted that there's no deal yet.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

All I heard is that the Bucs made J Joseph an offer, nothing confirmed about that, but interesting. He would immediately make Ronde a NB and move Biggers and Lewis battling for the leftovers.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber would look alot better in the slot.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote