Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 07-28-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Barber would look alot better in the slot.
That's why I was saying he would be moved to full-time NB (nickleback).

Just heard that Amobi Okoye is on the block for the Texans. He's only 24 and would be a great backup if we could get him cheap enough. He hasn't produced much but in his defense, he came into the league as an underdeveloped 19 year old kid. He still has talent and give he has gotten a little older, may be closer to becoming a quality player.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
That's why I was saying he would be moved to full-time NB (nickleback).

Just heard that Amobi Okoye is on the block for the Texans. He's only 24 and would be a great backup if we could get him cheap enough. He hasn't produced much but in his defense, he came into the league as an underdeveloped 19 year old kid. He still has talent and give he has gotten a little older, may be closer to becoming a quality player.
I'd love Talib and Joseph as the starters with Barber in the NB role.

I think we'd wait for Okoye to be cut. Wouldn't trade for him. Honestly, I read the reason why Price is not on the PUP list is because he passed his physical and cleared for football activities, he just needs to get in shape.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Jonathan Joseph has officially signed with the Texans.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'd love Talib and Joseph as the starters with Barber in the NB role.

I think we'd wait for Okoye to be cut. Wouldn't trade for him. Honestly, I read the reason why Price is not on the PUP list is because he passed his physical and cleared for football activities, he just needs to get in shape.
Well, when I said, "if he could be had cheap enough" I meant for something like DT Frank Okam or an old bag of used K-balls.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to have Okoye, too.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we just entered the Nnamdi sweepstakes. Seems like its down to Tampa and San Fran unless he has a change of heart and takes less to play for NY Jets.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Saw something on Twitter about the Bucs offering NA a record deal for a CB? WHere are you getting your info?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Joebucsfan?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Saw something on Twitter about the Bucs offering NA a record deal for a CB? WHere are you getting your info?
Not Joebucsfan, I haven't seen any legit sources about an offer but I did see we are interested.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...-want-decision

Not surprised. It's interesting we became players for Nnamdi once Joseph signed with the Texans.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Here's my thing. We don't need NA, we need a pass rush. But if we did sign him, he would definitely put our D over the top. We would be able to play single high safety all the time, Talib would probably bump over to RCB and we would have one shutdown CB and a big-time playmaker at the other... then we'd have Professor Barber at NB. That would be positively sickening! We could rush 5-6 guys 75% of the time if we wanted. Talk about Tampa 2.0... This would be Tampa 22.0.

If it doesn't happen, no big deal. We still have Talib, Barber, and two very good young CBs in Biggers and Lewis.

My thing is, if we pay for NA and even if he were to lose a step or two (he's 30) in a few years (assuming we give him a 5 year deal), he can move to S, play in a role like Woodson (who is now 34) does for Green Bay. He played safety for half his time he played in college at Cal. I'm good if we do or don't. I'd just like to see Roddy White make a big-time catch late in a game (or Calvin Johnson give us fits) this season with NA on him.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

This girl from NJ.com says there have been discussions by Tampa:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...stakes_st.html
Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Not Joebucsfan, I haven't seen any legit sources about an offer but I did see we are interested.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...-want-decision

Not surprised. It's interesting we became players for Nnamdi once Joseph signed with the Texans.
Not surprising though, we supposedly offered on J Joseph.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not surprising though, we supposedly offered on J Joseph.
I believe joebucsfan in a way. It seems strange and curious that once Joseph signed with Houston, we entered in the race for Aso.

Honestly, when T-Jack comes back, can you believe how good the Buccaneers secondary would be? A top end FS, 2 top end CBs; 1 shutdown and 1 ball hawk. You have Barber and Biggers as NB and DimeBack and Grimm/Sean Jones at SS.

I think our d-line will be better. Sure we have two rookie DEs, but htey are better than what we had last year, regardless of the inexperience.

McCoy will be better. He's improved on his strength, especially in the lower body.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

In an interesting note, the Eagles just released DT Jeff Owens, whom the Bucs tried to sign off the Eagles practice squad last season only to see the Eagles put him on the active roster to block the move.

Perhaps the Bucs try to pick him up again? Owens is a fireplug of a DT, with good quickness (under 5.0), and outstanding strength (40+ reps of 225 at combine, 44 I think).
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

After a tiny bit of research I saw that Owens failed his physical. It turns out that one week after he was activated in my previously mentioned post, he tore his patella tendon (now known as "the Cadillac" of knee injuries). This came only two years after tearing his ACL at Georgia.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will run down Dale Mabry butt nekkid if we sign Nnamdi.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
I will run down Dale Mabry butt nekkid if we sign Nnamdi.
Well, Peter King is reporting we were never and still aren't in the hunt for Nnamdi, while John Clayton and several other sources are reporting the Bucs are right in the running along with the Jets and 49ers.

This is getting crazy.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was all cleared up after he signs. Similar to the Fat Albert deal back when he was a FA.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I know ALL of you would be against this, and I don't blame you, but leading up to the 2007 draft I was crushing on two different prospects for us to draft (I HATED Gaines Adams becoming a Buc with a passion). One of those two guys just became available.

The guy I wanted us to draft much won't be available until 2017 probably at the earliest, LB Patrick Willis.

The second place guy I wanted, and the DE I liked the best, was Jamaal Anderson. Anderson has been a big disappointment in the NFL, but he still has the size, athletic ability, and is still pretty young, to become a good player in the NFL (Jason Babin, Vandenbosch, and others were late bloomers).

The thing is about Anderson, is that he's ONLY 25! He turned 25 in February, he's a very young player. At 6'6 and 290 lbs, he ran 4.75 at his pro day in 2007 (including a very impressive 1.59 10 yard split), had a WR-esque 6.88 3C, VJ of 32.5" (not that impressive), and benched 22 reps of 225 (also not that impressive). He has improved as a player, and would be a solid DE/DT swingman, better than Kyle Moore is anyways. I'm sure he would come cheap...and with redemption on his mind. I say offer him a contract and get him into camp.

For comparison's sake, Anderson, as of right now, is only one year older than what Gaines Adams was in 2007 when we made the humongous mistake of drafting him with our #1 pick. His body is still maturing a little and he can still improve.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummmm. No?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Here's my shortlist of former #1 busts I would like us to take a chance on:

DE/DT Jamaal Anderson
DT Amobi Okoye
DE Vernon Gholston

All three of these guys have tremendous athletic ability and I think that if our coach and new DL coaches are are good as advertised, then we can get some production out of these guys.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Ummmm. No?
Great rationale. Is it because you think Doug Worthington is going to be a player for us down the line....? Anderson is easily better than 1/2 the d-linemen we have on our roster right now (including rookies). Considering there is not a giant age difference it would make for better competition and possibly make us a better team if he made it.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Bring him to camp for the vet minimum. Otherwise I would much rather have Bowers/Clayborn/Bennett/Moore and Okam/Woods/Price/McCoy/Miller than that scrub.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

You'd rather have Kyle Moore? Ouch!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I was thinking we would pay him the vet minimum. See what, if anything, he has to offer. Maybe nothing, which is still more than the Doug Worthingtons of the NFL have to offer.