Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 07-28-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Sky Is Falling!!!!1

We haven't signed any big-name free agents before the FA period actually starts! OH NOEZ!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lollerskates

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone that surprised? We won't reach the floor till the end of the season.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Is anyone that surprised? We won't reach the floor till Aug 2012.
fify

10char

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love our moves so far, except the lack of pursuit for Bush and/or Sproles. We better go full tilt for Bradshaw now. The Saints have Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush and Chris Ivory and we have Legarrette Blount. At least sign a guy like Norwood or something...yeesh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All we need is Blount!

Old 07-29-2011, 07:32 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I love our moves so far, except the lack of pursuit for Bush and/or Sproles. We better go full tilt for Bradshaw now. The Saints have Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush and Chris Ivory and we have Legarrette Blount. At least sign a guy like Norwood or something...yeesh.
Norwood is supremely talented... and constantly injured. Not trying to insult you, but I sense a bit of the Matt Millen GM in you. You don't seem to care when players can't stay healthy. That's what got the Lions in trouble (that and drafting WRs every year), ignoring injury/medical issues and overdrafting guys based on their potential, despite the fact that they stayed hurt in college.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
All we need is Blount!
I don't know about the wisdom there. It would be nice if we had an RB that could be a threat out of the backfield...run routes...be a change of pace. At this point, all we have is Huggins and Earnest Graham, and only Huggins is a guy that is a threat to run to the perimeter.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I don't know about the wisdom there. It would be nice if we had an RB that could be a threat out of the backfield...run routes...be a change of pace. At this point, all we have is Huggins and Earnest Graham, and only Huggins is a guy that is a threat to run to the perimeter.
It was a joke :\

Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Ohhhhhhhhh
Old 07-29-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Norwood is supremely talented... and constantly injured. Not trying to insult you, but I sense a bit of the Matt Millen GM in you. You don't seem to care when players can't stay healthy. That's what got the Lions in trouble (that and drafting WRs every year), ignoring injury/medical issues and overdrafting guys based on their potential, despite the fact that they stayed hurt in college.
When I see a name the first thing I think of is their talent level. I can't help it. Norwood was a beast in college and had some exciting runs for the Falcons, but they were always loaded at RB so he didn't get many touches. It's hard to keep track of injuries in my head so I don't bother.

If you know an explosive 3rd down back that doesn't command Bradshaw money, and is durable, name him for me. Has to be a FA by the way in case that wasn't clear.

Did you see the contract Sproles got by the way? Why the fugg wouldn't we give him 1.5 times what the Saints gave him? That was robbery by Payton...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still PO'd we haven't looked at a RB yet or a 3rd DE to rotate.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Ah...3rd DE. Forgot about that one. We need a backup for Clayborn big time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

O Noez!!!!! Nnamdi Is An Eagle!!!!!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

His contract implies that other teams were concerned about his age in getting a long-term deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Forgot to add "/sarcasm"

Old 07-29-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
When I see a name the first thing I think of is their talent level. I can't help it. Norwood was a beast in college and had some exciting runs for the Falcons, but they were always loaded at RB so he didn't get many touches. It's hard to keep track of injuries in my head so I don't bother.

If you know an explosive 3rd down back that doesn't command Bradshaw money, and is durable, name him for me. Has to be a FA by the way in case that wasn't clear.

Did you see the contract Sproles got by the way? Why the fugg wouldn't we give him 1.5 times what the Saints gave him? That was robbery by Payton...
Explosive and durable? Sproles was it. And he's durable which is why I liked him. Now I hope he never lives up to my expectations.

The only other 3rd down RBs options out there are Jason Snelling, restricted FA-Tim Hightower, Ronnie Brown is a good pass catcher, he's never really stayed healthy, but if relegated to 3rd downs it could help him... he's still explosive.

Justin Fargas, Addai, Maroney... all three injury prone... not like Norwood though.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Just uncovered a quality DE that nobody has talked about.is Tennessee's Jacob Ford. Ford is 6'4 255 lbs and possesses edge quickness that no other Buc DE has.

Ford just turned 28 and has played 4 NFL seasons. He missed his entire rookie season but came back in year 2 to play in 14 games (starting 2) and posting 7 sacks. He's had 15.5 sacks in the 3 actual years he's played and started 8 games. After his rookie season he was healthy enough to play iin all but 5 games.

At the combine in 2007, Ford ran 4.65 in the 40, a lightning quick 1.53 10 yard split, and put up 19 reps of 225. If nothing else, this guy can rush the passer. Perhaps Ford is the guy to provide some quickness of the edge for the Bucs?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan...

I'll switch you guys :(