Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16 picks till we're up. Still plenty of D-linemen & corners.

*edit* ok, that hurts a bit. I'll have to read up on Allen, but ... yeah.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 04-27-2012 at 08:21 PM.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two TEs?

Ok, I guess we'll use that set a lot.

Still, with so many needs, spending 2 high picks on one position isn't what I would do.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super conservative mode with that pick. Flex TE is the new wave for the NFL. I guess Luck knows how to use 3 TEs. Maybe they think that it'll take a couple of years for their defense to develop and are relying on vets the first year and then working in rookies with next season? Giving all the snaps to the vets?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pathetic. Our defense will suck, again, and Allen isn't that good. Horrible use of high end picks on the worst TE class in a while. Just horrible.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe that whole run game/defense talk was an elaborate smoke screen. Allen doesn't sound like a great blocker either. Not sure that's something that will be improved with both, but who knows. Luck will certainly have some tall receiving options. He's got a basketball background, so he's got some skills which can be used effectively. Just have to wait till the season to see how things work out.

Going to be some good players there for our 4th I guess. If it's not a defensive player that would be unfortunate.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Maybe that whole run game/defense talk was an elaborate smoke screen. Allen doesn't sound like a great blocker either. Not sure that's something that will be improved with both, but who knows. Luck will certainly have some tall receiving options. He's got a basketball background, so he's got some skills which can be used effectively. Just have to wait till the season to see how things work out.

Going to be some good players there for our 4th I guess. If it's not a defensive player that would be unfortunate.
I can't believe Ta'amu is still on the board. I hope we get him.

Edit: Nevermind we have no 4th

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 04-27-2012 at 11:15 PM.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't kill me, but I'll make a case for our first 2 days picks.

Look, we probably won't compete this season. The best thing for us is for Luck to get comfortable and to develop as fast as possible. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be upset if they pick talented OLs today.

Ta'amu, Markelle Martin and Lamar Miller are my favorite prospects right now.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I figured I'd drop in to see how you guys were doing/what the reaction was

I had to check online again this morning to make sure the pick wasn't reported wrong but indeed you guys took two TEs in the first 100 picks

Ta'amu probably gone by the time you select again.

Didn't address 3-4 DE or NT at all (I guess you could go the later round approach) and no 3-4 OLB/ILB. The only player left which might fit this scheme is Taze but...yea.

No corners to speak of that fit Chucky's old scheme

Was this all a clever ruse? Are you guys still going to run that undersized 4-3 scheme?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Yea I figured I'd drop in to see how you guys were doing/what the reaction was

I had to check online again this morning to make sure the pick wasn't reported wrong but indeed you guys took two TEs in the first 100 picks

Ta'amu probably gone by the time you select again.

Didn't address 3-4 DE or NT at all (I guess you could go the later round approach) and no 3-4 OLB/ILB. The only player left which might fit this scheme is Taze but...yea.

No corners to speak of that fit Chucky's old scheme

Was this all a clever ruse? Are you guys still going to run that undersized 4-3 scheme?
I hope to heaven that we don't. I really hate watching our defense get trucked by every running back in the league.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping Dennard CB from Nebraska is our pick

Edit: Chapman is so much better. Picks are looking up!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 04-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Vic Ballard - RB.

Bruising back. Don't we already have 2 of those in Carter and Evans?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Vic Ballard - RB.

Bruising back. Don't we already have 2 of those in Carter and Evans?
Yeah. I feel like there were again better players on the board, at positions of need. Like Dennard and Minnifield. Or Tommy Streeter or Marvin McNutt. Or Audie Cole. Or Markelle Martin. Or Levy Adcock. But whatever. It's the 6th.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-28-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Finally, a D player.

Fugger sounds athletic.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I like Fugger. Not just for the last name either. Surprised we got zero CBs in this draft. There were some good ones.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

Got to think they'll hit that with UDFAs. With no corner depth and the rebuilding of the front 7, I could see us being a promising team for UDFAs. Unless there's a run on corners, there's half a dozen I'd like to try out.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm thinking Micah Pellerin will make the team and play significant minutes. UDFA CBs will be flocking to sign with the Colts.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A list of confirmed UFAs so far:

Micah Pellerin - CB, Hampton
Jabin Sambrano - WR, Montana
Cameron Chism - CB, Maryland
Buddy Jackson - CB, Pitt
Chris Galippo - ILB, USC
Matt Merletti - S, UNC
Griff Whalen - WR, Stanford ... making sure Andrew has plenty of people to hand out with
Antonio Fenelus - CB, Wisconsin
Jason Foster - OL, Rhode Island
Brian Stahovich - P, San Diego State
Hayworth Hicks - OL, Iowa State
Steven Baker - OL, East Carolina
Kevin Eagan - DE, Endicott
James Aiono - DT, Utah

Jackson is a career backup, but had a very impressive pro day. Baker is a very interesting OL prospect. Not sure about the rest.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
Bottom of the needs pile? Cmon man! TE is a major need for sure. I think Wayne is the only for sure thing at WR right now. Collie when healthy is good but I highly doubt he ever plays a full season again. Blair White is terrible and Donnie Avery is a big question mark.
Hats off to Grigson :D
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Another UFA signing.

Chigbo Anunoby, 6'-4" 320lbs NT from Morehouse.

Interesting.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The more the merrier.

i done stole dis sig