Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So you want DeCastro at 14?
Yes but I let go of that dream when we signed the two guards.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
Anyway cdcb,hey guys what guys do u hope fall to the cowboys in the 2nd round, i hope either a versatile player like Chandler jones is there or Brandon boykins never can enough pass rushers and corners
No way do you want Chandler Jones standing up. Change that to Shea and I agree. Too many top tier interior line prospects around our pick to avoid taking them though.

Amini
Zeitler
Konz
Osemele

Now if something amazing happens like say Jenkins falling to 45 of course you don't even hesitate.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennard just got arrested for punching a cop in the face. These mother ******* amaze me. That being said, if he's there in the 5th-6th i'd still take him in a heart beat. He has a rep for fighting... good. We could use that on this team.

Don't give me the Jason Garrett won't take him speech. Garrett isn't a *****. People make him out to be this Ivy League goodie two shoes. He wants to win and will take the players that help him do that.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
No way do you want Chandler Jones standing up. Change that to Shea and I agree. Too many top tier interior line prospects around our pick to avoid taking them though.

Amini
Zeitler
Konz
Osemele

Now if something amazing happens like say Jenkins falling to 45 of course you don't even hesitate.
no i wouldnt use jones as olb i'd use as de in 4 man line and get him stronger so i could in his 3 or 4 year he could play as both as a 5 tech and base end and have ultimate versatility to interchange between 3-4 and 4-3
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Amini
Zeitler
Konz
Osemele

as for players that might fall.

Jenkins would be a slam dunk at 45... idk if JG would pull the trigger. Guys like Reyes, Worthy or Still would be great value at 5 tech... Andre Branch would be nice as a OLB and if Konz would be a great pick in the 2nd too
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think my earlier question got lost.

Any of you guys have some opinions on Hardin from Oregon St.? He's a big corner that could prob play FS. Ran a 4.40 and 4.36 at the pro day.
Quote:
I dont know anything about him. When I tried to look him up he wasnt in the top 35 CB rankings. Must be a 7th round FA guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSTOCK44 View Post
He missed all of this passed year with a broken shoulder. He's an athlete though. Big, Physcial, good speed, can cover. He's lacking in experience. Sounds good for a late rounf flyer.
on espn insider mcshay has him as a possible 4th rounder
Old 04-21-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
as for players that might fall.

Jenkins would be a slam dunk at 45... idk if JG would pull the trigger. Guys like Reyes, Worthy or Still would be great value at 5 tech... Andre Branch would be nice as a OLB and if Konz would be a great pick in the 2nd too
i would not draft janoris jenkins, pacman jones all over again, we don't need this guy around dez. he has not handled being a superstar very well at all, so now what's he gonna do we has $100,000 in his pocket. i know he has inncredible talent be he's not dependable.

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 04-21-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i would not draft janoris jenkins, pacman jones all over again, we don't need this guy around dez
I agree that I would't take him in the first round.. but I think you can roll the dice in the second and hope you can straighten him out. Like I said above I dont think JG will pull the trigger, but he would be in serious consideration for the first corner taken above Claiborne if he was a choir boy.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I agree that I would't take him in the first round.. but I think you can roll the dice in the second and hope you can straighten him out. Like I said above I dont think JG will pull the trigger, but he would be in serious consideration for the first corner taken above Claiborne if he was a choir boy.
what round doesn't you take him don't matter to me at all, i just don't want him anywhere near dez, one knucklehead is enough
Old 04-21-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
what round doesn't you take him don't matter to me at all, i just don't want him anywhere near dez, one knucklehead is enough
Stop watching ESPN. It's not like Dez is going to hop into the car and be like "yeah Janoris let's go ruin our lives bro!"

Dez is a good kid who hung around with the wrong crowd but he is past that. He loves football and wants to be the best. Jenkins really would have no effect on him off the field. These guys are grown men not 10 year olds looking for the "cool" thing to do.

If Jenkins is there at 45 and we don't take him, we will regret it. The dude smoked pot and likes getting *****... who cares? He can ball.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Stop watching ESPN. It's not like Dez is going to hop into the car and be like "yeah Janoris let's go ruin our lives bro!"

Dez is a good kid who hung around with the wrong crowd but he is past that. He loves football and wants to be the best. Jenkins really would have no effect on him off the field. These guys are grown men not 10 year olds looking for the "cool" thing to do.

If Jenkins is there at 45 and we don't take him, we will regret it. The dude smoked pot and likes getting *****... who cares? He can ball.
haha i did u read that last statement i wrote? dez is a knucklehead one is enough

u say dez hangs around the wrong crowd, well same thing is said about jenkins, i think we've all heard enough off the field stuff from dez, we don't need another guy with the same problems. its not like janoris jenkins is a shutdown corner, as a player he compares alot to asante samuel the good and the bad, he gambles too much and he's not a willing tackler.

janoris jenkins needs to be around guys who will a positive influence on him, not a locker room where guys like anthony spencer are mailing it in nobody has the guts to hold him accountable
Old 04-21-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

EVERYBODY cares. If nobody cared he would never make it to 45. You went on a rant earlier this year about how the Cowboys dont want a smallish CB and they wouldnt draft him. Now hes a bigger pothead than we thought and your condoning the pick? Makes NO sense. I highly doubt that hes even on our board anymore. If hes doing all this now, whats he going to be doing when you give him a million bucks?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
EVERYBODY cares. If nobody cared he would never make it to 45. You went on a rant earlier this year about how the Cowboys dont want a smallish CB and they wouldnt draft him. Now hes a bigger pothead than we thought and your condoning the pick? Makes NO sense. I highly doubt that hes even on our board anymore. If hes doing all this now, whats he going to be doing when you give him a million bucks?
D-Unit and I don't care... I bet you over half the people on this site don't care either.

As for wanting Jenkins... 14 and 45 is completely different, and that was before we signed Brandon Carr who is a bigger corner. No problem with Jenkins now.

Sorry that i'm not a kindergarden teacher. The kid smokes pot... sue him bro. Marijuana will probably be legal in the United States by 2020. It's already legal in some states.

You really think he's that dumb that he is just going to get his contract, use his signing bonus to smoke as much weed as possible, and flame out of the league? You people make me laugh. The media these days has you guys brainwashed.

Who gives a flying ****? The reason he would wall to 45 is because there are other great players in the top 50 who don't smoke weed so teams would feel safer with the player they pick. Fortunately, i'm not one of those little babies. How did passing on Randy Moss go for us buddy?

If you really want to be thorough, put clauses in his contract about marijuana. He'll think twice before getting caught.

You guys who care about character concerns make me laugh. If the guy is a murderer then fine, i'll pass. But if he smoked weed a lot in college? LOL I could care less. In fact, i'll give him weed during the off-season and send him to California as long as he is playing well for me during the season.

In fact, name me one first round prospect who had serious "character concerns" and didn't pan out in the NFL? I don't mean they didn't become a good player, I mean they got in trouble off the field so they couldn't play. Besides Pacman (who is still in the NFL and is a solid player), I really can't think of one off the top of my head. If you can go find a handful, that's still 1 in 1,000 of the guys with "character concerns" who flamed out of the league because of off the field issues. If 999 turn out to be fine, I like my odds.

You act like first round picks with "character concerns" up end going to jail and not being able to play all the time.... THAT NEVER HAPPENS MAN. NEVER.

Character concerns.. and in this case smoking weed..? LOL

Last edited by CDCB14 : 04-21-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14;2959693[B
]D-Unit and I don't care[/b]... I bet you over half the people on this site don't care either.

As for wanting Jenkins... 14 and 45 is completely different, and that was before we signed Brandon Carr who is a bigger corner. No problem with Jenkins now.

Sorry that i'm not a kindergarden teacher. The kid smokes pot... sue him bro. Marijuana will probably be legal in the United States by 2020. It's already legal in some states.

You really think he's that dumb that he is just going to get his contract, use his signing bonus to smoke as much weed as possible, and flame out of the league? You people make me laugh. The media these days has you guys brainwashed.

Who gives a flying ****? The reason he would wall to 45 is because there are other great players in the top 50 who don't smoke weed so teams would feel safer with the player they pick. Fortunately, i'm not one of those little babies. How did passing on Randy Moss go for us buddy?

If you really want to be thorough, put clauses in his contract about marijuana. He'll think twice before getting caught.

You guys who care about character concerns make me laugh. If the guy is a murderer then fine, i'll pass. But if he smoked weed a lot in college? LOL I could care less. In fact, i'll give him weed during the off-season and send him to California as long as he is playing well for me during the season.

In fact, name me one first round prospect who had serious "character concerns" and didn't pan out in the NFL? I don't mean they didn't become a good player, I mean they got in trouble off the field so they couldn't play. Besides Pacman (who is still in the NFL and is a solid player), I really can't think of one off the top of my head. If you can go find a handful, that's still 1 in 1,000 of the guys with "character concerns" who flamed out of the league because of off the field issues. If 999 turn out to be fine, I like my odds.

You act like first round picks with "character concerns" up end going to jail and not being able to play all the time.... THAT NEVER HAPPENS MAN. NEVER.

Character concerns.. and in this case smoking weed..? LOL
Ummm what team do you draft for again? Fortunatly you dont care? Really? HAHAHAHAHAHA NOBODY in the NFL cares what you think! The reason he slides to 45 is NOT because there are 44 better players its because of his character. And its not me that cares, its the NFL that cares. If it were up to you our team would be Poe, Jenkins, Burfict, Dennard and probably Manson if he ran a 4.3! Idiotic

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-21-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ummm what team do you draft for again? Fortunatly you dont care? Really? HAHAHAHAHAHA NOBODY in the NFL cares what you think! The reason he slides to 45 is NOT because there are 44 better players its because of his character. And its not me that cares, its the NFL that cares. If it were up to you our team would be Poe, Jenkins, Burfict, Dennard and probably Manson if he ran a 4.3! Idiotic
It's all on value dude. If you wouldn't take Janoris Jenkins at 45 and Alphonso Dennard in the 5th round then you are simply a fool. You can pass on them, i'll take them and kick your team's ass up and down the field.

You can feel moral correct and know your players aren't going to smoke weed after the game if it helps you sleep at night though. That works too...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
It's all on value dude. If you wouldn't take Janoris Jenkins at 45 and Alphonso Dennard in the 5th round then you are simply a fool. You can pass on them, i'll take them and kick your team's ass up and down the field.

You can feel moral correct and know your players aren't going to smoke weed after the game if it helps you sleep at night though. That works too...

To me this not about value, with all that happened to him can you trust this guy's decision making, no. Whatever your stance on marijuana is, it's still illegal and the NFL had strict rules prohibiting it's use amongst it's players, so if he couldn't get it thru his head after he was superstar at Florida at got kicked out and had to play una and it didn't occur to him that, yeah I like to smoke but if I dont smoke I can make more money than I ever dreamed of.
It ain't about smokin weed, that's the point you fail to understand. It's about making good decisions, and to this point he has done a terrible job. I appreciate his honesty in admitting it, and maybe this could be a turning point for him. I just think he cowboys don't have the type of locker room that can help grow up. We have no accountability amongst teammates so if he's out partying and its taking away from his on field production do we guys tha are gonna straighten him out, no. He very talented but the cowboys are not the fit for him, we have no leaders to help mature and be the caliber of player he could be. on this team everything he does is going to be psychoanalyzed and nitpicked by the media. Let him be in peace

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 04-21-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Alright, let's cut out all of the controversial topics that start screaming matches and just focus on the what would make the Cowboys better.

If we were to trade down with New England and get 27 and 31, would you guys take Fleener with one of those picks? I don't think I would just because of our other needs, but could you imagine coming out in a two tight end set with Witten and Fleener, Dez and Miles on the outside, and DeMarco Murray in the backfield? There should be no excuse for not putting up 45 a game every week. Romo should shatter Brady's touchdown record.

Ahhh, a pipe dream. Again, I wouldn't do it because of other needs and we don't use two tight ends like New England does, but wow would that be an offense.

Thinking about it though, our defense right now is better than what the Patriots had last year and they were a bad throw/drop from winning the Super Bowl.....
Old 04-21-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

I hope they don't trade down. Why pass on the tenth best player in the draft to select the 28th and 34th best players we need impact players.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thinking about it though, our defense right now is better than what the Patriots had last year and they were a bad throw/drop from winning the Super Bowl.....
I know we have work to do, but we were a bad throw / catch away from knocking out the G-men...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
I know we have work to do, but we were a bad throw / catch away from knocking out the G-men...
Very, very good point. I think the objective is to try and make sure the game is wrapped up way before the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter so plays like that don't even need to occur.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree with CDCB14, Jenkins at 45 would be a lock for me. He is too good to pass up. And 14 and 45 are completely different.

On the other hand, saying that Romo would break Brady's record and we would put up 45 points a game by drafting Fleener is crazy. That record is stupid, and there is no one we could add to the team to challenge that record. I am a Romo guy, and I have defended him on here many times. But he is no Brady. That is that.

I might take Fleener in the trade down scenario, but probably not. I LIKE several front seven players this year, but don't LOVE any of them. But at 27 and 31 there are several I would want to take to try and change the front seven completely.

And Cowboysbeast mode, it is funny that you guessed that CDCB14 was 6'8 240 and ran a 4.5 forty. You were wrong about the size, but he actually did say he ran a 4.5 forty. I thought that was kinda funny.

One more thing. Pot is not legal in any state for regular use. It is, by federal law, illegal. I think it should be legal too, but that doesn't change the way things are one bit. If there was a state it was legal in, that state would have a huge growth rate that no state has yet had.

Just trying to set the record straight...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 04-21-2012 at 10:35 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I have to agree with CDCB14, Jenkins at 45 would be a lock for me. He is too good to pass up. And 14 and 45 are completely different.

On the other hand, saying that Romo would break Brady's record and we would put up 45 points a game by drafting Fleener is crazy. That record is stupid, and there is no one we could add to the team to challenge that record. I am a Romo guy, and I have defended him on here many times. But he is no Brady. That is that.

I might take Fleener in the trade down scenario, but probably not. I LIKE several front seven players this year, but don't LOVE any of them. But at 27 and 31 there are several I would want to take to try and change the front seven completely.

And Cowboysbeast mode, it is funny that you guessed that CDCB14 was 6'8 240 and ran a 4.5 forty. You were wrong about the size, but he actually did say he ran a 4.5 forty. I thought that was kinda funny.

One more thing. Pot is not legal in any state for regular use. It is, by federal law, illegal. I think it should be legal too, but that doesn't change the way things are one bit. If there was a state it was legal in, that state would have a huge growth rate that no state has yet had.

Just trying to set the record straight...
Trust me, I was just exaggerating. I do think it would make our offense a lot harder to defend though. But it is a sticky situation because as long as there isn't a significant injury the offense is good enough to compete for a super bowl now (hopefully with the addition of a quality interior o-lineman), it's the defense that needs work. Would you want to spend a top 30 pick on Fleener to make the offense stronger, or use that pick on defense to make it less of a weakness?

I agree that I would probably take the defensive player because when all else fails we still do have a HOF tight end still in his prime, but I wouldn't be mad if we picked Fleener in any way.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, I agree with you. Our interior line was horrible last year.

I was at the game when the center failed FOUR TIMES to get the ball to the quarterback. Think about that for a minute!!! Possibly four drives killed before the quarterback got the ball!

All things being equal, I take Decastro. The upside is really good (I would say great, but he is an interior lineman). The downside is very low (I don't think anyone thinks he will not be a starting NFL caliber lineman).

Also, I would like to make a prediction. I think Michael Floyd goes higher than most expect. The more I watch, the more I like him. If he falls, I don't let him get by. Defense is more of a weakness, but I don't love any of them. Floyd doesn't make me nervous at all, and I KNOW he will get playing time.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Once again, I agree with you. Our interior line was horrible last year.

I was at the game when the center failed FOUR TIMES to get the ball to the quarterback. Think about that for a minute!!! Possibly four drives killed before the quarterback got the ball!

All things being equal, I take Decastro. The upside is really good (I would say great, but he is an interior lineman). The downside is very low (I don't think anyone thinks he will not be a starting NFL caliber lineman).

Also, I would like to make a prediction. I think Michael Floyd goes higher than most expect. The more I watch, the more I like him. If he falls, I don't let him get by. Defense is more of a weakness, but I don't love any of them. Floyd doesn't make me nervous at all, and I KNOW he will get playing time.
UGH, the last thing we need is a 1st round WR. Waaaaay more needs.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I agree, buddy. Trust me, I agree. My problem is that I just can't find a guy that I love on defense this year. And I am not saying that when I fall for someone they are awesome. I have been wrong many times. What I am saying is that I have to love someone to take them at 14. If I have reservations, I can't pull the trigger.

Talent wise, the only front seven guy that I love is Irvin. I can't touch him in the first. He is a mouth breather (i.e.-stupid). So that leaves me to take best player. I think that Floyd might possibly be the best player to fall to 14, although I don't think he will fall that far.

I like Floyd, Decastro and that is about it at 14. I might pull the trigger with Coples, but I would feel very uneasy about it.

I like Whitney Mercilus a lot, but no one else seems too. And that makes me doubt myself. I like what I see with him, but I am still not 100% in on him at 14 either. So he is a no go.

I just hate this crop this year. I can't say why. I am not claiming to know anything. I am just saying I can find BIG holes in almost everyone this year.

I hate this crop as far as need goes.

And for the Brockers fans, please sell him to me. I just don't see it. But I am open to new information on him. As far as I can see right now, he sucks at 14. At 27, I would absolutely take him. But I hate him in the top 15. That goes for Poe, too.