Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
yes id take brockers

everybody here wants to be bill belichik or scott pioli, but a point ur forgetting is ur esentially passing on a better player at 14 for two lesser players later in the first round and either a third rounder or fourth. unless a team is desperate, they're not gonna give you second rounder and if they do its still gonna be after your second rounder.

now,if ur sitting at 14 and the best player on your board are tannehill, kuechly or an OT yeah then trading down is good scenario b/c those positions are filled. but what im not for its passing on good player in brockers ( or coples, barron or decastro) who had alot upside, to take kendall reyes who i would compare to a ziggy hood, a good player but he's complementary player not a foundation player, just to get a player in the 3rd or 4th. statistics show the further down the draft the least likely you are to hit. have we forgotten 2009 draft 13 players in round 3-7, lots a value right, how many of those guys are even still in the league.

to me the cowboys are in a good spot you have good team (not a great team) at 14 they're sure to be reaches you could get a top 10 player on your board that could be impact player.

i put it this way, your picking players for a basketball team would rather have derrick rose or luol deng and carlos boozer? would u pass on a great player for two good players.
Dude Brockers is just a younger run stuffer. He looks pretty with his long arms but he doesn't use them so who cares?

You argue with me on Poe... yet Poe was more productive then Brockers. Sure the competition was different but who cares? He should've dominated regardless if he's what you say he is, not to mention all of the first round picks he is playing next to..
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Yeah but there was no free agency then so you could keep all of your guys. Doesn't work that way now. Sure they got lucky with some late rounders... but do you trust that to happen with this team? Bill Nagy isn't exactly Mark Stepnoski is he?
Lol What does FA have to do with anything? Just pointing out that Jerry has won without high round OL before and probably thinks he doesnt have to use a premium pick on one. Last year was an exception, think he'll do it 2 years in a row? I have my doubts. We'll see Thursday. Im hoping for Cox or Coples myself

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude Brockers is just a younger run stuffer. He looks pretty with his long arms but he doesn't use them so who cares?

You argue with me on Poe... yet Poe was more productive then Brockers. Sure the competition was different but who cares? He should've dominated regardless if he's what you say he is, not to mention all of the first round picks he is playing next to..
abrockers had more tackles and tackles for loss in his one season as a starter vs poe best year in his 3 years. brockers also played better competition. brockers can get better at using his long arms the difference is he didnt use arms and he still was a dominant player in the sec vs poe who good sometimes vs conference usa

poe more productive, should be for such blasphemy
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like already stated, Pool is on a 1.25 million dollar deal none of which is guaranteed. Do I like him more than Elam? Sure, he is a much better athlete and playmaker. Elam was allergic to the football. But Pool is a journeyman safety who is turing 29. That's not the future.

All of that said, if Barron is the best guy on our board and we pass him up because we have Brodney Pool on the roster, this management is still terrible. That is not how the good teams operate. Would the Patriots pass on Barron because of Brodney Pool? Hell no.

I can't wait for thursday!!! I'm actually more interested in rounds 2-5 than the 1st round. Who we get in those mid rounds is going to have a serious impact on our team. This draft needs to be a hit after the 2009 debacle in which we are still recovering from.
It's just that out of the 3 guys mentioned, Pool is the only one that fits what you're looking for at FS. I guess if we drafted Barron we would be moving Sensy to FS, but I can't say I like him there more than Pool. It's going to be an issue of contract numbers, Barron would be the best SS and Pool would be the best FS... but Sensy's contract will probably win out.

In a perfect world I'd have no problem drafting Barron and teaming him up with Pool, I think they would compliment each other well.

Why did we shell out that deal to Sensabaugh again?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
abrockers had more tackles and tackles for loss in his one season as a starter vs poe best year in his 3 years. brockers also played better competition. brockers can get better at using his long arms the difference is he didnt use arms and he still was a dominant player in the sec vs poe who good sometimes vs conference usa

poe more productive, should be for such blasphemy
Poe was more productive... and he had no help. Brockers had one more TFL this past year, Poe had decent production for three years. I don't care if Brockers only played two years, he's an idiot for coming out. Should you be banned for lying?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Wait a second... is CowboysBeastMode actually Rob...?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Mosley ‏ @mattmosley Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Hearing some big-time draft rumblings from Valley Ranch here in the UK. I'll share some of this in a Fox exclusive. Think DeCastro.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-22-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Hearing some big-time draft rumblings from Valley Ranch here in the UK. I'll share some of this in a Fox exclusive. Think DeCastro.
Don't tease me. I'm from Connecticut so I won't see that Fox exclusive, will you?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't tease me. I'm from Connecticut so I won't see that Fox exclusive, will you?
should be on their website I wouid think.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/cowboys

Old 04-22-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait a second... is CowboysBeastMode actually Rob...?
who is rob?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote:
Poe was more productive... and he had no help. Brockers had one more TFL this past year, Poe had decent production for three years. I don't care if Brockers only played two years, he's an idiot for coming out. Should you be banned for lying?

i lie, dude every point you make you contradict yourself, make me think ur skip bayless

for instance our coaches should make poe better but brockers can't be coached up
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean this Matt Mosley?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't understand the love for Brockers.

Now let me be clear, I like Brockers a lot. But not for you guys. It's an awful fit. I view Brockers as a dominant run stuffer at the next level with potential to develop a pass rush. For a team like the Giants, I'd love to pair him up with Joseph and have our own poor man's version of Adams/Siragusa in the middle.

But for you guys, you need a legit pass rusher. Brockers is not that guy. He can become that guy, but it's a big roll of the dice. Do you really want another Marcus Spears? It's just not worth the gamble for you guys.

Fletcher Cox is a different story. He'd be a great pick. But Brockers? I don't get it. I don't see why you guys would want him. He's just not worth the gamble.

Especially for a team/fanbase that feels they're only a piece or 2 away (I personally feel this is the wrong approach to take, but that's a different conversation). If you want an immediate impact guy, I don't see why you would want Brockers.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Now let me be clear, I like Brockers a lot. But not for you guys. It's an awful fit. I view Brockers as a dominant run stuffer at the next level with potential to develop a pass rush. For a team like the Giants, I'd love to pair him up with Joseph and have our own poor man's version of Adams/Siragusa in the middle.

But for you guys, you need a legit pass rusher. Brockers is not that guy. He can become that guy, but it's a big roll of the dice. Do you really want another Marcus Spears? It's just not worth the gamble for you guys.

Fletcher Cox is a different story. He'd be a great pick. But Brockers? I don't get it. I don't see why you guys would want him. He's just not worth the gamble.

Especially for a team/fanbase that feels they're only a piece or 2 away (I personally feel this is the wrong approach to take, but that's a different conversation). If you want an immediate impact guy, I don't see why you would want Brockers.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Preach it BBD! Convince D-Unit.

As for thinking we are one or two players away, I don't think Jerry thinks like anymore. He accepts that this is a process and is trying to build the team into a perennial winner.

God I hope we take DeCastro.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

yes the cowboys could use a pass rusher, but they what they dont have is a player who collapse the pocket either, time and time again even when ware was able to beat his qb were able to step. as the season went one adjustment i noticed was in the nickel defense anthony spencer would rush hard inside to make the qb move off his spot. a guy that we had that was chris canty. remember that 2008 sunday night game last cowboys vs giants at texas stadium. eli manning got killed. ware had three sacks but watching the game it was easy for ware manning had nowhere to step up. that push in the pocket was lacking in the pass rush. rob ryan had design ways for guys to get free runs at the qb but they need somebody inside to collaspse the pocket. plus we also need to improve the run defense after eagles showed our flaws alot of teams had success running the ball against. hell you guys with the worst runnung game in the league had 100 yard rusher against us

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 04-22-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I agree, Cox, Coples, or Ingram for me. If they are gone I could see DeCastro or a trade down.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, Cox, Coples, or Ingram for me. If they are gone I could see DeCastro or a trade down.
I'm not an Ingram fan. 29 inch arms. I just don't see that working out in the NFL.

Quote:
yes the cowboys could use a pass rusher, but they what they dont have is a player who collapse the pocket either, time and time again even when ware was able to beat his qb were able to step. as the season went one adjustment i noticed was in the nickel defense anthony spencer would rush hard inside to make the qb move off his spot. a guy that we had that was chris canty. remember that 2008 sunday night game last cowboys vs giants at texas stadium. eli manning got killed. ware had three sacks but watching the game it was easy for ware manning had nowhere to step up. that push in the pocket was lacking in the pass rush. rob ryan had design ways for guys to get free runs at the qb but they need somebody inside to collaspse the pocket. plus we also need to improve the run defense after eagles showed our flaws alot of teams had success running the ball against. hell you guys with the worst runnung game in the league had 100 yard rusher against us
Canty is worlds better than Brockers as a pass rusher right now. They're not comparable.

I understand the desire for a 5 tech, I just don't see how Brockers is the answer to that problem.

You're better off getting Poe and solving the NT riddle.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Quote:
I'm not an Ingram fan. 29 inch arms. I just don't see that working out in the NFL.

Canty is worlds better than Brockers as a pass rusher right now. They're not comparable.

I understand the desire for a 5 tech, I just don't see how Brockers is the answer to that problem.

you're going to be blown up on here for suggesting Poe. Not many fans of his on this board. Just a heads up.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I support him. Tell him to fire off and take up two blockers. It's that simple. Ratliff, Spencer, and the middle linebackers are instantly better and the defense won't wear down in the 2nd half of the season. Football isn't astrophysics. X's and O's have there play but so does having physically dominant human beings to just say, "**** this get out of my way." That's what Poe brings and we need it. He positively effects multiple guys along the front 7... Brockers would just disappoint and be a run stuffer. Not even close argument for me.

BBD to the rescue!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I support him. Tell him to fire off and take up two blockers. It's that simple. Ratliff, Spencer, and the middle linebackers are instantly better and the defense won't wear down in the 2nd half of the season. Football isn't astrophysics. X's and O's have there play but so does having physically dominant human beings to just say, "**** this get out of my way." That's what Poe brings and we need it. He positively effects multiple guys along the front 7... Brockers would just disappoint and be a run stuffer. Not even close argument for me.

BBD to the rescue!
Look at what I bolded....

Please show me the difference here? Your argument for Anti-Brockers is he won't create pass rush... He also ways 300+ lbs with longer arms than Poe.

Your Argument Pro-Poe is that he will take up blockers and help in the run game.... Not help in the pass rush....

The difference between the two is simple from what I can see

Poe: Less Production at a lower level of competition, blew up the combine, and weighs 350lbs.

Brockers: Being amped up because of week DT class overall, average production at High level school, longer arms, weighs 300lbs, didn't blow up combine.

I don't want either of them personally but I'm trying to see how you're arguing the point you are when it applies to both prospects. (Take up 2 blockers and have 0 pass rush)

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Interesting piece i found on BTB about Barron. I really would like to see him in a Dallas uniform. I think he can step up and be a young leader on the Defense along with Lee.

"As stated above, Barron knows what he is doing. He lined up as both a free and strong safety at Alabama, alone in deep coverage and in Cover-2, in the box as a blitzer, short-zone defender, and force defender, and anywhere else a safety can find himself. Barron adjusted to sudden assignment changes because of defensive audibles and/or formation shifts; it was not unusual to see him start at deep safety, then race to the line to blitz after offensive motion. He should have no trouble mastering a complex defense"

Here's the link to it: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...ft-mark-barron

Last edited by primetime217 : 04-22-2012 at 10:26 PM.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put my money on the pick being between Barron and DeCastro and I would say it is whoever is higher on the board. I don't see a trade down coming regardless unless somehow they are both gone at our pick.

Apparently the Patriots and a couple other teams have recently gotten very high on Barron and are considering trading ahead of us to get to him.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

One team source told Sporting News that his club has a higher on-field draft grade on Georgia CB Brandon Boykin than Janoris Jenkins.
The team source explained that Boykin graded out higher regardless of off-the-field concerns. When you do factor in character concerns, we wouldn't be shocked to see Boykin picked before Jenkins, likely in Friday's second round. Boykin is squeaky-clean off the field, and a more physical corner than Jenkins. Apr 22 - 4:59 PM
Source: Sporting News

Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

first and foremost did you actually read what i wrote, never did i say brockers would rush the great passer, but he could be a guy that can push the pocket back into the qb's face, brockers can do that now, interestingly enough when canty was in dallas thats what he did best. there are more elements to pressure than sacks. while he may not be a great pass rusher now, he can improve in that area. but as a rookie he can collapse pocket, something this team could really use in its pass rush. its not just about sacks, someone in middle pushing deosn't allow the qb to step up in the pocket, which gives your edge rusher a shorter distance to the qb. its allows disrupts the passing windows and makes the qb have to move off the spot, which also disrupts the timing with the recievers. brockers can have a role in the pass rush, but his job won't lead to sacks but it would help everybody else. hell richard seymour had been the premier 3-4 end of his time, STAT he has averaged less than 6 sacks a year for his career. the disruption and attention that brockers will get will help the defense he just won't have a huge numbers.

poe as a nose tackle in the 3-4 smh at that. how you gonna have nose tackle that struggles to anchor against double teams.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Look at what I bolded....

Please show me the difference here? Your argument for Anti-Brockers is he won't create pass rush... He also ways 300+ lbs with longer arms than Poe.

Your Argument Pro-Poe is that he will take up blockers and help in the run game.... Not help in the pass rush....

The difference between the two is simple from what I can see

Poe: Less Production at a lower level of competition, blew up the combine, and weighs 350lbs.

Brockers: Being amped up because of week DT class overall, average production at High level school, longer arms, weighs 300lbs, didn't blow up combine.

I don't want either of them personally but I'm trying to see how you're arguing the point you are when it applies to both prospects. (Take up 2 blockers and have 0 pass rush)
Brockers isn't a mammoth NT though, Poe is. Even if Poe is playing jumbo 5-tech he would take up multiple blockers. Brockers won't take up 2 blockers at all times and he doesn't have the pass rush skills to beat one blocker.