Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
One team source told Sporting News that his club has a higher on-field draft grade on Georgia CB Brandon Boykin than Janoris Jenkins.
The team source explained that Boykin graded out higher regardless of off-the-field concerns. When you do factor in character concerns, we wouldn't be shocked to see Boykin picked before Jenkins, likely in Friday's second round. Boykin is squeaky-clean off the field, and a more physical corner than Jenkins. Apr 22 - 4:59 PM
Source: Sporting News
i believe i mentioned that before but got no response, he's alot like asante samuel the good and the bad
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
One team source told Sporting News that his club has a higher on-field draft grade on Georgia CB Brandon Boykin than Janoris Jenkins.
The team source explained that Boykin graded out higher regardless of off-the-field concerns. When you do factor in character concerns, we wouldn't be shocked to see Boykin picked before Jenkins, likely in Friday's second round. Boykin is squeaky-clean off the field, and a more physical corner than Jenkins. Apr 22 - 4:59 PM
Source: Sporting News
DeCastro at 14 and Boykin at 45 would be ridiculous. I'd find all of you and give you a hug (creepiness aside). People might think 45 is a bit high for Boykin but I really don't care.

I JUST WANT THURSDAY AND FRIDAY SO BAD!!!!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i believe i mentioned that before but got no response, he's alot like asante samuel the good and the bad
Ummm... ewww. Hell no. Boykin is a quick twitch corner who can cover man to man and tackles for a small guy. Asante Samuel is an average athlete who doesn't tackle for ****. Boykin is faster too. Yes Boykin gambles a bit like Samuel, but that's about the only comparison and you could say that about almost every corner.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was glad to read that piece from the DMN. It said what I have put on here a few times, and it was nice to see someone agrees with me.

All of the front seven guys have warts this year. I love Bruce Irvin only, but he seems to want to go to jail. Whiney Mercilus looks okay, but not at 14 for me.

Either DeCastro, Michael Floyd or a trade down. I agree that I like a lot of these guys more between 25 and 40 than I do at 14. And Floyd is not a need. I just think he is by far the best WR.

This is a bad year for the drafting spot we got and the needs we have, IMO.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 04-22-2012 at 10:43 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Asante Samuel is an average athlete

Uhh, do what? Anyone else read this?

My friend, some times I think you hit the nail right on the head. And other times you seem to be a shock jock.

That statement was really silly. No average athlete is ever the top cornerback in free agency.

Seriously? No, Seriously? No, Seriously .

Old 04-22-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Uhh, do what? Anyone else read this?

My friend, some times I think you hit the nail right on the head. And other times you seem to be a shock jock.

That statement was really silly. No average athlete is ever the top cornerback in free agency.

Seriously? No, Seriously? No, Seriously .
He is though. He's small with average speed, jumping ability and quickness. He was a good player that got interceptions, but as a pure athlete Samuel is nothing to write home about. You can just see it with your eyes, but if you want to get into combine numbers he ran a 4.50, a 1.59 10 yard split (terrible for a CB), a 35 in vert and a 10' flat broad jump. All very pedestrian numbers.

All i'm saying is Boykin is a much better athlete... and he is. How can you disagree with that?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I was glad to read that piece from the DMN. It said what I have put on here a few times, and it was nice to see someone agrees with me.

All of the front seven guys have warts this year. I love Bruce Irvin only, but he seems to want to go to jail. Whiney Mercilus looks okay, but not at 14 for me.

Either DeCastro, Michael Floyd or a trade down. I agree that I like a lot of these guys more between 25 and 40 than I do at 14. And Floyd is not a need. I just think he is by far the best WR.

This is a bad year for the drafting spot we got and the needs we have, IMO.
Couldn't agree more. Really sucks after the brilliant free agency we just had. This draft is actually a situation where Jerry might need to get creative with trades instead of doing it for now reason.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ummm... ewww. Hell no. Boykin is a quick twitch corner who can cover man to man and tackles for a small guy. Asante Samuel is an average athlete who doesn't tackle for ****. Boykin is faster too. Yes Boykin gambles a bit like Samuel, but that's about the only comparison and you could say that about almost every corner.
i meant janoris jenkins is like samuel he gambles too much and he doesnt like to tackle, duuuuhhhhh
Old 04-22-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

So I reserve my right to change my opinion. I went over to a buddies house today, and he was going on and on about Fletcher Cox. So I went back and watch a lot more video on him. He is growing on me.

I am still not sold on him by any means, and I would rather trade down. But I could live with him at 14. I think he could be disruptive. Still not in love, but I like what I see a lot more now.

And the more I watch Michael Brockers, the more I don't like him. He might want to look at a career in mall walking. Cause when I watch his videos I see him jogging around the field a lot.

He should get together with Roy Williams (Wide Receiver) or Lamar Odom. They could really maximize his ability to cash those big pay checks from jogging around.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Let's just say we do draft Barron in the 1st, what do you guys think about using a late round pick on a FS? A guy I had in mind is Janzen Jackson in the 5th or 6th. If he would pan out as a solid FS, we would be set back there for the next 8 years. I wouldn't want two rookies back there day one, but he could play spot duty year one and learn behind Sensy/Pool.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
Let's just say we do draft Barron in the 1st, what do you guys think about using a late round pick on a FS? A guy I had in mind is Janzen Jackson in the 5th or 6th. If he would pan out as a solid FS, we would be set back there for the next 8 years. I wouldn't want two rookies back there day one, but he could play spot duty year one and learn behind Sensy/Pool.
It's not bad in theory get Sensy just signed a 5 year deal so I doubt he's going anywhere for a while. Sensy is going to be the starter for the next 3 years at least unless he is terrible which I don't think will happen. When you draft a guy past round 5 they only sign a 3 year contract... so that really wouldn't work.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I looked up Jackson, he is smallish, only weighed 175 as a freshman but bulked up to 192.

Sounds good, I want as many SEC DBs as we can collect. 192 is what Casey Hayward weighs & I want him in later rds.as well

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ard-will-shine

I want Barron or Kirkpatrick or a rookie corner not named Janoris Jenkins who can cover, depth for all 4 secondary spots. Emphasis on the secondary is where Dallas needs put it in this draft.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think 2 safeties in the draft would be a bit overkill. I'm still holding out hope that Church can develop as well.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
more than likely theyll look corners than at another than safety or a corner to convert to safety. Doubting garrett would approve an jackson, with such a weak safety crop good chance he goes in late 3rd round anyway if a teams willing to over look his red flags. heyward is top 60 pick, he's gone by early third. heyward in the second in jackson with comp pick in the 4th is the more likely scenario

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 04-23-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I looked up Jackson, he is smallish, only weighed 175 as a freshman but bulked up to 192.

Sounds good, I want as many SEC DBs as we can collect. 192 is what Casey Hayward weighs & I want him in later rds.as well

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ard-will-shine

I want Barron or Kirkpatrick or a rookie corner not named Janoris Jenkins who can cover, depth for all 4 secondary spots. Emphasis on the secondary is where Dallas needs put it in this draft.
sec homerism?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll only take another undrafted FA safety and not pick one if we get Barron in the 1st.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hate to be picky on your post but Casey Hayward in the later rounds? He has a good shot to be taken at the bottom of round two to the top of round three so you'll have to look elsewhere for those later round options

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

If Hayward is there after round 3 I'd be HIGHLY surprised.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I hate to be picky on your post but Casey Hayward in the later rounds? He has a good shot to be taken at the bottom of round two to the top of round three so you'll have to look elsewhere for those later round options
Rds. 2-3 are later than rd. 1. Picky..... And yes it is SEC homerism but I want secondary depth & if there's a choice here prefer to take it off the top shelf.

I'm a firm believer that you plug the hole you're bleeding to death through 1st, & that's Dallas' pass defense, secondary specifically. Pool as a FA is fine, but reupping Sensabaugh to a new 5-yr. was not a good thing. A 1-yr, OK, but he'll long gone after 2-3 yrs. unless he steps it up dramatically.

Edit: Rant> I was just sick of seeing Manningham break that 20-yd. deep out in front Dallas safeties to the big gain, open every damn play. And the safeties frozen in the 2-deep zone like their feet were in cement, major enraging outrage pissoff for me. I use past tense b/c Manningham is now a 9er not a Giant & Dallas won't face him this yr. Other offenses saw that open too, but still.... no defensive adjustment just ground my gears.

Last edited by jojo : 04-23-2012 at 01:10 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rds. 2-3 are later than rd. 1. Picky..... And yes it is SEC homerism but I want secondary depth & if there's a choice here prefer to take it off the top shelf.

I'm a firm believer that you plug the hole you're bleeding to death through 1st, & that's Dallas' pass defense, secondary specifically. Pool as a FA is fine, but reupping Sensabaugh to a new 5-yr. was not a good thing. A 1-yr, OK, but he'll long gone after 2-3 yrs. unless he steps it up dramatically.
I disagree....

I think Sensy has done a decent job when he is playing the correct position in SS. It's when he is asked to play FS where he struggles.

Bring in Brandon Carr will help our secondary and a healthy Jenkins will help as well. However, the best way to help our secondary is by getting to the stinking QB. We have guys that can cover respectively, we just need some help at DL to help with pass rush, collapsing the pocket, etc.

Some of you mention the short passing game. I would rather a team try and beat us on a 12-14 play drive down the field by dinking and dunking, then to complete 3-4 longer passes, 12 yard+ plays because the QB has all day to throw.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Quote:
It's not bad in theory get Sensy just signed a 5 year deal so I doubt he's going anywhere for a while. Sensy is going to be the starter for the next 3 years at least unless he is terrible which I don't think will happen. When you draft a guy past round 5 they only sign a 3 year contract... so that really wouldn't work.
I looked up Sensy's contract and it looks like its backloaded pretty heavily. here is what his contract looks like:

In every year except 2016, he has a signing bonus of 140k

2011: Base Salary= 1.8 mil Cap Hit= 1.94 mil
2012: Base Salary= 1.0 mil Cap Hit= 1.14 mil
2013: Base Salary= 3.0 mil Cap Hit= 3.14 mil
2014: Base Salary= 4.0 mil Cap Hit= 4.14 mil
2015: Base Salary= 4.0 mil Cap Hit= 4.14 mil
2016: Base Salary= 6.5 mil Cap Hit= 6.5 mil

As you can see, his pay triples from this year to next year. This year is actually the least his making on his contract. After looking at this, it makes sense to draft a safety and keep him on for atleast one more year for sure. It looks like if we were to cut him, next year would be the time to do it. And by my calculations if we cut him next year we'd have to pay out the remainder of his signing bonus, which would be 420k.

I don't see any problem with drafting two safeties in this draft after researching this. The second safety would have to be a late round pick, but I don't see anything wrong with that. We could inject youth into our secondary immediately. We could still keep Sensy and Poole to help mentor them.

All of this is based off of his contract. There's always the possibility there could be hidden guarantees within his contract that I don't see. Here's the link I used for my research:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-co...ld-sensabaugh/
Old 04-23-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure about you guys but there are only a few guys that the more I hear about them the more I want them. Brockers and Poe aren't those guys for me. But the more I watch and read about Mark Barron the more I want him come Thursday evening to be wearing a Star.

Some notes that I have noticed on him. People keep saying they worry about his coverage ability when actually it appears he played a lot of Centerfield for Alabama during his time there, ya he doesn't have the most fluid hips in the world which may cause a problem.

He brings the lumber with him on hits, which is something our defense has been lacking since Roy Williams had his career go downhill. Receivers might actually be worried about going over the middle against a guy like him.

What gets me excited more than anything are a couple intagible things.
1) He was a voted, by his teammates, as a Captain of the defense (Which we have all talked about the problem of us not having a leader on the defensive side of the ball)
2) He has been noted as being one of the hardest working players at Alabama (Which shows me that the guy is going to be willing to learn and work for every rep he gets)
3) He apparently has a very high football intelligence, which as a safety is crucial as he is going to be able to figure out plays faster in order to help him get on the field. Once he is on the field he can read an offense quicker which will actually make up for his hips not being the best.

Just my two cents.
Here is hoping for a Barron and Boykin/Jenkins first 2 picks.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go Barron, I think we go DL/Pass rush in round 2... It could be a guy who falls, or a guy we really like and move down a bit for, like Wolfe...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

i'm actually really high on Barron myself. I just don't mention it much because it sparks the same debate over and over about him just being an "in the box safety". i agree with you 100% on the intangible things you mentioned. I think he would work well in Dallas, and Rob will have fun with him back there.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
If we go Barron, I think we go DL/Pass rush in round 2... It could be a guy who falls, or a guy we really like and move down a bit for, like Wolfe...
Oh, I agree we are more likely to go for a pass rush type of guy but I personally am hoping we go BPA which would hopefully be a Boykin/Jenkins. I don't think we are really going to find a true "Pass Rush" guy that is any better than what we have currently in round 2. Sure we could find a few guys to help out in the rotation but I'm not sure if that is what we should do in round 2 with such an early pick.

Quote:
i'm actually really high on Barron myself. I just don't mention it much because it sparks the same debate over and over about him just being an "in the box safety". i agree with you 100% on the intangible things you mentioned. I think he would work well in Dallas, and Rob will have fun with him back there.
I agree, the more I watch things on him the more I think he is a Rex Ryan type of guy. Alabama had some exotic blitzes drawn up for him and that is the kind of thing Rex seems to like to do. Just seems like a natural fit to me.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote