Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Say what? I just think it's funny how a lot of posters react nowadays. The quality has dipped for sure...everyone wants to be the new Skip Bayless, it seems. Just being truthful, this has been a rough year in the Cowboys forums. It just seems more casual like. Not trying to hate, but it just hasnt been the same compared to past years, imo. Some of the stuff being said, is just really out there. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...but if I wanted to listen to dudes make ridiculous Madden like trade offers and bash players for all the wrong reasons...I'd just find any casual Cowboy fan on the street, or post on the dmn blog...among the many other weak Cowboy forums.

But anyway, I like how everyone's answer is to trade star players. As if trading player personel was that prominent in the NFL anyway. The NFL is not the NBA, MLB, or NHL...player trades are a rare occurence. I swear Madden/Fantasy football has warped fans minds.
Yeah, these damn forums. Hardcore GMing should be going on here all the time.

Why would the Owners of this website want lots of posters with stupid ideas to sell advertising to. Rather have 2 posters arguing with each other.

No, let us find the 3 or 4 "under 30 year-old men" that exist in this country who can talk football with Bill Parcells and we can MARKET TO THEM!!!!!!!!!

We can promise advertisers great coverage to 3 people.

Get a grip.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to agree with Paul and MOTH. Come here to find insight and engage in intelligent football banter. Not listening to how people would play their Madden franchise. Get a grip folks. Talking about trading future HoF'ers and building an entire new team from the draft is not only incredibly stupid but discredits the intelligence of the entire 'Boys draft community.

I find it extremely short sighted and a knee-jerk reaction to all of our stars for draft picks and blowing up a team that is a few better bounces away from already clinching the playoffs this year. Are we perfect? No. Are we consistently maddening? Yes.

Our expectations at the start of the year was not to win the superbowl. Hell I remember a lot people claiming they would be happy for .500 or better. Guess what folks? We are most likely looking at 8-8 or better barring a 5 game skid. I'd say the team has fulfilled our expectations and exceeded them in many regards. This team has IMMENSE potential but still has the same major flaws as preseason.

Short off-season and a roster that needed mroe than a single year before vying for the spotlight. We have BEGGED Jerry to build for the future through the draft and smart FA signings and to throw away the "plug the holes with aging overpriced vets" approach and we are in year 1 of the transformation.

Put your expectations back where they belong. We has major problems with our interior line (kudos though for last game), our pass rush aside from our defensive MVP is awful, and our secondary cannot cope with Rob blitzing. I've cooled a lot on my opinion of Rob but his hands are tied with our roster. If he doesn't send the heat we don't get pressure and our secondary eventually loses. If he does send the heat our secondary isn't good enough to man-to-man and we get torched. Damned if we do; damned if we don't. Not an enviable position.

Now... that's why the sky is falling HOWEVER if we beat the Eagles and then the Giants we're not only in the playoffs but we're hosting a playoff game. Let that soak in.

If you asked me before the season started if I would be happy with this team being in a position to host a playoff game only required them to beat the Eagles at home and then beat the Giants on the final week of the season I would of taken it in a heartbeat.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Have to agree with Paul and MOTH. Come here to find insight and engage in intelligent football banter. Not listening to how people would play their Madden franchise. Get a grip folks. Talking about trading future HoF'ers and building an entire new team from the draft is not only incredibly stupid but discredits the intelligence of the entire 'Boys draft community.

I find it extremely short sighted and a knee-jerk reaction to all of our stars for draft picks and blowing up a team that is a few better bounces away from already clinching the playoffs this year. Are we perfect? No. Are we consistently maddening? Yes.

Our expectations at the start of the year was not to win the superbowl. Hell I remember a lot people claiming they would be happy for .500 or better. Guess what folks? We are most likely looking at 8-8 or better barring a 5 game skid. I'd say the team has fulfilled our expectations and exceeded them in many regards. This team has IMMENSE potential but still has the same major flaws as preseason.

Short off-season and a roster that needed mroe than a single year before vying for the spotlight. We have BEGGED Jerry to build for the future through the draft and smart FA signings and to throw away the "plug the holes with aging overpriced vets" approach and we are in year 1 of the transformation.

Put your expectations back where they belong. We has major problems with our interior line (kudos though for last game), our pass rush aside from our defensive MVP is awful, and our secondary cannot cope with Rob blitzing. I've cooled a lot on my opinion of Rob but his hands are tied with our roster. If he doesn't send the heat we don't get pressure and our secondary eventually loses. If he does send the heat our secondary isn't good enough to man-to-man and we get torched. Damned if we do; damned if we don't. Not an enviable position.

Now... that's why the sky is falling HOWEVER if we beat the Eagles and then the Giants we're not only in the playoffs but we're hosting a playoff game. Let that soak in.

If you asked me before the season started if I would be happy with this team being in a position to host a playoff game only required them to beat the Eagles at home and then beat the Giants on the final week of the season I would of taken it in a heartbeat.
For the record... Romo isn't a future HOF'er. :D

I know my bounds... Ware trade talk makes my head hurt. To hear that JPP is better makes me want to barf.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For the record... Romo isn't a future HOF'er. :D

I know my bounds... Ware trade talk makes my head hurt. To hear that JPP is better makes me want to barf.
Just cause it makes you sick does not mean it is incorrect.

I would take JPP right now over Ware. Flat out beast who makes KEY plays and is younger then Ware.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

I would take JPP right now over Ware. Flat out beast who makes KEY plays and is younger then Ware.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH.... *Deep Breath* AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Now I've heard it all.

Give me the DL and Secondary that JPP has and I'd take Ware 100 times out of a 100. There's no damn way in hell that JPP does what Ware does. Not only does he have a superior surrounding cast, he doesn't get the same attention that Ware gets. This is the stupidest thing I've seen you say.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LOL. If you honestly believe that you shouldn't be posting on a draft board. You should be posting on ESPN comments.

No offense but that is one of the more stupid comments I have heard (even including your trade our superstars comment).

LOL.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware is Elite, but JPP isn't far behind. That kid can be something special if he keeps it up.

Anyways, I truly believe this team is not far off being 12-13 win team next season. We still have Romo, Witten, Ware, Ratliff, and Austin all in there prime. Murray,Lee,Tyron, Dez, and Laurant on the rise. Guys like Elam, Fiammatta, and Hatcher play there part well. We have the players. We have a rookie HC who will have a season and a half under his belt and hopefully will have learned from it. I am not ready to give up on this core yet.

Jerry has to be liberal with his checkbook in Free Agency and we must draft players who can contribute right away. I want to load up and make another run at this.

If sports has taught me anything, it's patience. Being a Maverick's fan, I witnessed them flounder in the 90's and come up short constantly in the 00's. So as a fan, I fully appreciated what they did this season. It was an amazing feeling knowing I stuck with them through all that ****, and I was really happy Dirk finally got one, he deserved it. Same thing for the Rangers, yeah they loss two straight WS, but the fact that Michael Young had a chance to play in a championship game was a big deal to me. As a fan I enjoyed it.

Same for this team. Romo, Ware and Witten have stuck with us for this long and has produced on a consistent basis. I'm okay with staying patient. I just want Jerry to put them in a position where they can at least compete for a Super Bowl. Give them a couple more seasons. But 3-4 years down the line, I don't know, we maybe in rebuilding mode.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP is very good, but I agree with D that a lot of his success can be attributed to the players he has around him. Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora and Mathais Kiwanuka are pretty good pass rushers in their own right. Corey Webster and Aaron Ross are an under rated CB combo, the issues with their defense begin when they play multiple WR sets, because their depth has been destoryed by injuries through out the defense. He needs to improve his run defense to be considered "elite", JG called run plays all day to his side with very good success. Free was pretty effective getting position and sealing off the edge.

As for the draft this is where im at right now:

Round one wish list,

1) Vontaze Burfict ILB ASU, Schematically Burfict fits into Ryan's defense perfectly and would be a great compliment to Sean Lee's skill set. Bruce Carter or not, if Burfict is there I think Jerry should pull the trigger. Think of the good 3-4 defenses in the league, Niners, Pittsburgh,Ravens and Green Bay, all stock pile talent at the second level. The thought of Ware, Lee, Burfict, and Butler makes me smile.

2) Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska, Good fit for the system... aggressive bump and run defender with the ability to shadow recievers. Strong with solid bulk for his size, very similar to Jenkins IMO.

3) Dontari Poe, NT Memphis, Might be a pipe dream to think the team will draft a true NT with Jay Ratliff still on the roster, but one can hope right. Under the radar at this point, but will begin to shoot up draft boards once teams begin dissecting tapes and see him work out in person. He is a legit athlete for a man of his size and could potentially play DE with his speed/strength combination. Still raw in terms of moves and will have some stamina issues, but that can be cleared up with a good offseason workout program.

I believe Jerry will jump into free agency more than last year, testing the CB and O-line market. I would perfer bringing in a Center rather than having Costa/Kowalski part 2, and am almost convinced T-new will be cut or demoted so corner will be on the FA agenda as well. Tyron will get a chance to start on the left side and I would suspect Kosier would flip back as well. I like Decastro and Glenn, but I feel the team has to go defense in the 1st.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
JPP is very good, but I agree with D that a lot of his success can be attributed to the players he has around him. Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora and Mathais Kiwanuka are pretty good pass rushers in their own right. Corey Webster and Aaron Ross are an under rated CB combo, the issues with their defense begin when they play multiple WR sets, because their depth has been destoryed by injuries through out the defense. He needs to improve his run defense to be considered "elite", JG called run plays all day to his side with very good success. Free was pretty effective getting position and sealing off the edge.

As for the draft this is where im at right now:

Round one wish list,

1) Vontaze Burfict ILB ASU, Schematically Burfict fits into Ryan's defense perfectly and would be a great compliment to Sean Lee's skill set. Bruce Carter or not, if Burfict is there I think Jerry should pull the trigger. Think of the good 3-4 defenses in the league, Niners, Pittsburgh,Ravens and Green Bay, all stock pile talent at the second level. The thought of Ware, Lee, Burfict, and Butler makes me smile.

2) Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska, Good fit for the system... aggressive bump and run defender with the ability to shadow recievers. Strong with solid bulk for his size, very similar to Jenkins IMO.

3) Dontari Poe, NT Memphis, Might be a pipe dream to think the team will draft a true NT with Jay Ratliff still on the roster, but one can hope right. Under the radar at this point, but will begin to shoot up draft boards once teams begin dissecting tapes and see him work out in person. He is a legit athlete for a man of his size and could potentially play DE with his speed/strength combination. Still raw in terms of moves and will have some stamina issues, but that can be cleared up with a good offseason workout program.

I believe Jerry will jump into free agency more than last year, testing the CB and O-line market. I would perfer bringing in a Center rather than having Costa/Kowalski part 2, and am almost convinced T-new will be cut or demoted so corner will be on the FA agenda as well. Tyron will get a chance to start on the left side and I would suspect Kosier would flip back as well. I like Decastro and Glenn, but I feel the team has to go defense in the 1st.
Very nice wish list! Inspires me to do a top 3 too. :)

I won't lie. If we ended up with Burfict, I'd be thrilled! I agree with Dennard too. I think he fits Rob's style of D with his physical traits. Poe is still yet a mystery to me, but I can't complain about trying to fix up the DL.

Here's mine:

1) Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Syracuse. Been driving this bandwagon for a little while now. He's one of the breakout players of the year for me this season. ...and he broke out in a big way leading the nation in sacks and TFLs. With Anthony Spencer being a FA and mediocre player, I'm going in the draft guns blazin' hoping for a Ware/Mercilus attacking duo going into 2012.

2) Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona St. To hell with Bruce Carter. He can be a career Nickel LB for all I care. Hopefully one of the best in the league at it too. But Burfict is the type of enforcer we need in the middle of our defense and a GAMECHANGER. This is a guy that can give our D and identity. I've been complaining for years about my issues at ILB. This would finally put those to rest. Every great defense needs a fiery leader and indimidator in the middle of their D. Sean Lee is great, but we could use someone who can take it to another level.

3) Jerrel Worthy, DT, Michigan State. Just a majorly aggressive defensive tackle that can generate tons of attention in the interior and open things up for others. Smart, powerful, high motor and displays a lot of different moves. I think with the way Rob moves guys around on the line, Worthy would be a weapon whether he lined up at NT or DE. ...and he CAN do both.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
LOL. If you honestly believe that you shouldn't be posting on a draft board. You should be posting on ESPN comments.

No offense but that is one of the more stupid comments I have heard (even including your trade our superstars comment).

LOL.
You sounds like the same folks who told me about the wonders of Roy Williams Safety as I was running him out of Dallas in 2006.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You sounds like the same folks who told me about the wonders of Roy Williams Safety as I was running him out of Dallas in 2006.
Go back to telling us how good Justin King will be in the NFL.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People can say what they want about Roy Williams, his issues in man coverage and being overpaid / drafted to high... he was a better playmaker then any of the safeties Jerry has rented since imo. I would like to have the opportunity to see how a creative DC like Ryan could have played to his strengths and possibly been succesful.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
People can say what they want about Roy Williams, his issues in man coverage and being overpaid / drafted to high... he was a better playmaker then any of the safeties Jerry has rented since imo. I would like to have the opportunity to see how a creative DC like Ryan could have played to his strengths and possibly been succesful.
Roy would've been a killer doing the job that Barry Church has today.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your the naive fan who thinks change solves everything. Your the poster who, even if we cleaned house and became a running team like you suggest, would still want something different. Especially when it doesn't work.

The NFL is a league where you need continuity. Look at the raiders... Cleaning house every year does NOT work. This team is not far away. We have a rookie HC and a DC who is in his first year and had to work around a lock out. This team is on the upswing. We are a few parts on defense and an Interior Olineman or two away from being perennial superbowl contenders for the next 5+ years.

Your one of those fans who wants to blow the entire thing if the team hasn't won back to back superbowls... You realize this is the NFL right? 31 teams go home losers at the end of the year. Everyone is good. You realize it takes time and a system to be good right?

Nonetheless, the bottom line is that Jerry believes in the coaches and players that are in place, so what you want is never going to happen anyway.

Stop trying to act like some messiah who knows everyone, yet all you do is preach the exact opposite of the real life situation, so no one can call you out on being wrong because what you want will never happen.

It's a pathetic and cowardly cop out. You want to blow the team up, but also said we should win 12 games?

Texico From Mexico... I liked that account name much better Bob.

/end DOMINANT rant

Last edited by CDCB14 : 12-15-2011 at 06:06 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a random thought, but I don't think DE is a need at all. Even if Ratliff doesn't move out there they are still sitting pretty. Hatcher has come into his own well, and Lissemore is looking like he could be a nice starter in the next year or so. Coleman and Spears are decent enough on the rotation that DE isn't a need at all. If they move Ratliff out there it would be awesome to see. I think it's time, but regardless of what they do NT needs to be addressed somewhere.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I really, really, really like Mercilus D but this year the quality of the top end of the draft is really underwhelming. For me to want to use my top pick I want him to be a stud and something I can't find in the next round. I see far too many good pass rushers in this draft that can/will slip into 2/3 that allow us to target someone like Dennard, whom I see in our scheme as a stud, that simply won't be available in rounds 2 or 3. I wouldn't be upset at all with that pick though. xD
Old 12-17-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just from an outsiders opinion, this forum has kind of always been a bit of a circle jerk from the same 4 or 5 guys posting comments that ranged from intelligent to the ridiculous. The fact that others have joined the party shouldn't be frowned upon, nor doe it preclude anyone from posting their version of "intelligent" posts. Just sayin'
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
I was surprised to hear over the weekend that Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o -- the No. 15 overall prospect on our latest board, and the No. 2 inside linebacker behind Luke Kuechly of Boston College -- has decided to return to the Fighting Irish for his senior season.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog/_/name/nfl_draft

There goes my hopes at a possibilty at draft Burfict, almost certainly ups his value.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

duplicate response
Old 12-18-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Your the naive fan ....... This team is not far away. .......... We are a few parts on defense and an Interior Olineman or two away from being perennial superbowl contenders for the next 5+ years ...... Nonetheless, the bottom line is that Jerry believes in the coaches and players that are in place, so what you want is never going to happen anyway ........ Stop trying to act like some messiah who knows everyone, yet all you do is preach the exact opposite of the real life situation......... It's a pathetic and cowardly cop out. You want to blow the team up, but also said we should win 12 games? ..... DOMINANT rant
Just discovered Starbucks?

Hey, I have been hearing this team is one year away since 2006.

So call me naive for thinking that is 5 years ago and all the same "Stars" on that tam are the "same stars" on this team. Which means they are lots older and closer to being on the downside of their careers.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Go back to telling us how good Justin King will be in the NFL.
I had more than a few CB on my draft board that year. He was a second round target in my book. Loved the CB class that year.

I wanted Rashard Mendenhall and then Jenkins in the first and then King in the second. But I would have taken Godfrey or Kendall Langford intead of Martellus

Looks like Flowers might be the best CB of the bunch from 2008 ...
Old 12-18-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 1st 3 Rounds

I think CB or LB would have to be our priorities in next years draft. I would not be disappointed if we got a "C", but we do need a top notch CB. I know some people here always are bashing Jenkings, but I think his is a solid CB and I love him on the team. He is a baller.....

Regarding drafting a LB in the first round u can never have enough LB in a 3-4. I think that is the key. Anthony Spencer will probably not be resigned and he will probably be picked up by another team and in all honestly I think we can survive him leaving. I think Butler brings more of a solid play. While Spencer might have more upside I don't think we will lose anything with Butler. Spencer should have showed more than what he has showed up to this point to warrant a new contract.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that Butler is an upgrade over Anthony at all. One thing with Butler that worries me is that he still isn't all that great at closing off the edge. Anthony has definitely slipped in this last half of the year that I want an upgrade there, but he offers much more than Butler. Butler should just be a situational pass rusher here. Maybe he can grow into something better, but right now there would be a big step taken back if they don't resign Spencer and let him start. I like him, but he's not starter material right now.

Spencer disappoints me a lot. In 09 he was killing it out there. Last year he took a step back, but wasn't bad at all. This year he's been so inconsistent. One minute he's playing great again, then the next he's over pursuing so hard in the middle that the edge is wide open. That's so out of character for him because he's a damn fine run stopper.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I really, really, really like Mercilus D but this year the quality of the top end of the draft is really underwhelming. For me to want to use my top pick I want him to be a stud and something I can't find in the next round. I see far too many good pass rushers in this draft that can/will slip into 2/3 that allow us to target someone like Dennard, whom I see in our scheme as a stud, that simply won't be available in rounds 2 or 3. I wouldn't be upset at all with that pick though. xD
Oh yeah? Which OLBs in Round 2/3 are you referring to?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Just from an outsiders opinion, this forum has kind of always been a bit of a circle jerk from the same 4 or 5 guys posting comments that ranged from intelligent to the ridiculous. The fact that others have joined the party shouldn't be frowned upon, nor doe it preclude anyone from posting their version of "intelligent" posts. Just sayin'
I'm not pointing this statement back to you, so don't take it that way...

BUT.... Look guys, if you think this is a forum that lacks intelligent conversation, then do something about yourself rather than make snide comments and act like you are better than us. How about rather than sit up top your high horse, and look down at the crowd, how about each of you do your own part. Change the way things are by dropping some intelligence of your own.