Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Luck reminds me of Aaron Rodgers in how he moves and throws.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the value of players that will be at 14 that go with our needs, DeCastro is a no-brainer for me.

Guys like Upshaw, Ingram, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, etc. would not be as dominant at their positions than DeCastro would be at guard. It wouldn't even be close. He will be an all-pro for the next 12 years. Would you rather have that, or some above average CB who eli will still shred like Dennard or Kirkpatrick? It's not even a question. Get a proven veteran in FA like Terrell Thomas at CB. Rookie will just shred a rookie. Unless it's a patrick peterson/champ bailey type prospect, which none of them are, it isn't worth it.

The only other player worth taking is Claiborne, and he won't be available and this team has too many holes to trade up.

Imagine a line of this:

LT: Smith
LG: Arkin (after bulking up)
C: Costa (add alittle muscle, he's good enough)
RG: DeCastro
RT: Free

In addition to quality back-ups in Parnell, Kowalski, and Nagy.

DeMarco Murray would win the rushing title for the next 5 years.... and forget about the time Romo would have to throw to Miles, Witten, and Dez.

I'm dreaming about it. The logic is perfect. The argument I just presented is unarguable. It's a no-brainer. PLEASE JERRY PICK DeCASTRO.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-02-2012 at 11:52 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
For the value of players that will be at 14 that go with our needs, DeCastro is a no-brainer for me.

Guys like Upshaw, Ingram, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, etc. would not be as dominant at their positions than DeCastro would be at guard. It wouldn't even be close. He will be an all-pro for the next 12 years. Would you rather have that, or some above average CB who eli will still shred like Dennard or Kirkpatrick? It's not even a question. Get a proven veteran in FA like Terrell Thomas at CB. Rookie will just shred a rookie. Unless it's a patrick peterson/champ bailey type prospect, which none of them are, it isn't worth it.

The only other player worth taking is Claiborne, and he won't be available and this team has too many holes to trade up.

Imagine a line of this:

DeMarco Murray would win the rushing title for the next 5 years.... and forget about the time Romo would have to throw to Miles, Witten, and Dez.

I'm dreaming about it. The logic is perfect. The argument I just presented is unarguable. It's a no-brainer. PLEASE JERRY PICK DeCASTRO.
Agreed minus the extremely optimistic proclamations on Murray and DeCastro being available at 14.

IF he falls then we have to take him. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes top ten. He compares very well to a guy like Steve Hutchinson and is the type of guy you start day one at right guard and forget about it for a decade. Less than optimistic about him being available at 14.

I share the opinion that we'll fix our secondary through FA and with the number of guys better than Newman's Walker Balls we'll have a good shot and drastically improving our secondary.

We have to fix the spot across from Ware as well; if DeCastro isn't available and Ingram is sitting there I wouldn't hesitate either. He gets to the QB based on pure athletic ability. He may be raw but given some refinement he could be an EXCELLENT compliment to Ware.

Quote:
Impression: He is an impressive pass rusher who can get after the QB in a number of ways. Ingram is raw with his technique and can get better, but his suddenness, length and natural feel for the game makes me think he's one of the draft's best pass rushers.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Agreed minus the extremely optimistic proclamations on Murray and DeCastro being available at 14.

IF he falls then we have to take him. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes top ten. He compares very well to a guy like Steve Hutchinson and is the type of guy you start day one at right guard and forget about it for a decade. Less than optimistic about him being available at 14.

I share the opinion that we'll fix our secondary through FA and with the number of guys better than Newman's Walker Balls we'll have a good shot and drastically improving our secondary.

We have to fix the spot across from Ware as well; if DeCastro isn't available and Ingram is sitting there I wouldn't hesitate either. He gets to the QB based on pure athletic ability. He may be raw but given some refinement he could be an EXCELLENT compliment to Ware.
You really think DeCastro will be gone by 14? Some have him going to the chiefs at 12, but with all their needs I hope they don't take a guard.

It's really like the football gods put us in this situation to take DeCastro. 14th is about the earliest you can take an interior lineman, and he is almost the best prospect you can get at the position.

My only fear is that Jerry won't go OL in the first round 2 years in a row. I pray to God that I am wrong.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-03-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Harmonykor
Rookie

Harmonykor hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You really think DeCastro will be gone by 14? Some have him going to the chiefs at 12, but with all their needs I hope they don't take a guard.

It's really like the football gods put us in this situation to take DeCastro. 14th is about the earliest you can take an interior lineman, and he is almost the best prospect you can get at the position.

My only fear is that Jerry won't go OL in the first round 2 years in a row. I pray to God that I am wrong.
It will be a huge surprise to everyone if Jerry picks a offensive lineman. Most draft analyst have the cowboys picking a defensive player. I think this draft they should focus on the defensive side of the ball.
Harmonykor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Trade up for Claiborne.

Just food for thought, I was taking a look at the potential ways the top 10 picks might shape up and noticed there is a chance that Claiborne could fall to #8

1) Indy or whoever pays the king's randsome : Andrew Luck QB, Stanford- No brainer really whoever holds the number one pick will select Luck.

2) St Louis: Matt Kalil OT, USC- The Rams have a lot of money tied up in Bradford and need to keep him healthy to be successful. The pieces are in place if Brandon Lloyd extends and Steven Jackson continues to carry the team on his shoulders.

3) Minnesota: Justin Blackmon WR, OKS- Blackmon's stock is going to go through the roof once the the combine and Pro Days come around. His numbers should be similer to Dez's and Justin is a much better student of the game which will impress coaches. He is the perfect compliment to Percy Harvin and will give Christian Ponder a big target in the red zone.

4) Cleveland: Quinton Coples DE, UNC - The Browns rated 31st in league allowing 150 ypg on the ground and would be an immediate upgrade over any DE on the team. Teaming up with Phil Taylor and Rubin would provide the Browns with on of the most talented "young" d-lines in the league and could grow into a dominant force in the trenches.

5) Tampa Bay Bucs: Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford Claiborne will get a serious look her considering Ronde Barber will be 37 this year and Talib is a ticking time bomb. Iem not quite sure he is the ideal fit for the Tampa two considering he is pretty thin and would be regularly asked to play downhill in run support. TB was looking to upgrade at tackle last offseason and almost got their hands on Free. They could also potentially trade down if they like Kirkpatrick better then Claiborne or want to improve their LB corps by drafting Kuechly, who both fit needs and schematically.

6) Washington: Trent Richardson RB, Alabama- Can Shanahan lock this pick in now? Richardson is the ideal fit fot the zone rushing scheme that coach likes to run. A one cut and go power runner who displays excellent vision and patience. Major upgrade over Hightower and Helu who are good rotational backs, but are not in the same class as Richardson.

7)Jacksonville: Riley Reif OT,Iowa- Surprisingly Jacksonville is a pretty solid team and is much better then their record would indicate. They ranked in the top ten in both rush/pass defense and possess one of the most underated players in the league... this years rushing champion Maurice Jones-Drew. Unfortunetly, injuries to Zach Miller and Mike Sims-Walker handcuffed Blaine Gabbert into an up and down rookie year. The Jags need to get some pieces healthy and improve an offensive line that allowed the 3rd most sacks in the league.

8) Miami/Carolina- This is as low as Claiborne will fall imo, at this point he has excellent value and fills needs for either team. Miami may take a look at QB considering Henne or Moore didnt exactly light up the world, but at this point Morris might be too good to resist.

Anyone in favor of moving up six slots too get the best CB in the draft?

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 01-03-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on taking a freaking guard at 14.

I can see the comparison of Upshaw to Spencer, but I disagree on Irvin. I think he's a much more accomplished pass rusher in college than Spencer was. I also mentioned Mercilus; he's got a knack for causing turnovers. I also would be okay with a CB at 14, but I think it's got to be an impact position and our defense is what needs the most help.

Why not Zeitler later? I know our interor OL needs upgrades, but at #14?

Even if I grant you that 14 might be too high for someone like Ingram or Mercilus, why not trade down a couple of spots, still get those guys and pick up another 2nd?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Imagine a line of this:

I'm sorry, but Costa is quite possibly the worst Center in pro football. I don't want him any where near the starting center job next year. In fact, with Kowalski's versatility at guard and center, I wouldn't mind Costa being released. He's that bad, guys.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Uhh. That is not exactly out of the realm of possibility. Guards are hardly ever top 10 locks no matter how good they are.

Quote:
Okay now THAT, is extremely optimistic. I'll give Arkin a chance, he didn't really get a fair shake, but Costa is the new Cory Proctor. Adding muscle doesn't necessary make you a better player by the way.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

My worst nightmare is this:

The team think's they hit on freakin' Bill Nagy, and with a year with Woicik will make him a quality starting guard.

HE'S TERRIBLE. I really, really hope Jerry swallows his pride after this season. The interior OL needs serious upgrading. You can't just think the offense is fine because of the flashy toys on the outside.

I'll admit I was a bit too optimistic on Costa. Sign Hardwick then.

I want a real, dominating offensive line.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My worst nightmare is this:

The team think's they hit on freakin' Bill Nagy, and with a year with Woicik will make him a quality starting guard.

HE'S TERRIBLE. I really, really hope Jerry swallows his pride after this season. The interior OL needs serious upgrading. You can't just think the offense is fine because of the flashy toys on the outside.

I'll admit I was a bit too optimistic on Costa. Sign Hardwick then.

I want a real, dominating offensive line.
I think hardwick would be a good signing. And I think between Kowalski, Arkin and Nagy, one of them should be able to handle one guard spot. The other has to be another FA (Bobbie Williams) or a draft pick.

Here's what I would like to see next year on the OL - something like:

LT - Smith
LG - Arkin, Kowalski or Nagy
C - Hardwick
RG - Zeitler or Bobbie Williams
RT - Free

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 01-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I just realized B. Williams was 35. I didn't think he was that old. Here's a thought - Wonder if you could get Max Stark for a reasonable amount and drop him down to guard. He's also got versatility if you had a T go down.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-03-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Anyone see Jorel Worthy collapse the pocket and help block a FG yesterday?

He'll be at 14 if he comes out and he will be a stud NT. Compares favorably to a smaller (younger), more agile Casey Hampton.

I'd take him over DeCastro given everything we know right now. And if crazy ass Gholston comes out, take him second round. He will slip cuz of his brother but he is a better talent.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I just realized B. Williams was 35. I didn't think he was that old. Here's a thought - Wonder if you could get Max Stark for a reasonable amount and drop him down to guard. He's also got versatility if you had a T go down.
What about Ben Grubbs?

Two disappointing things I just found out:

1. Hardwick is 30, but he is thinking about retiring because he doesn't want to have long term issues with health.

2. I'm listening to the Lunch Break on DC.com and Nick Eatman was just talking about taking an interior OL at 14 and a scout said it probably isn't likely. Damnit Jerry, come on.

Free Agency is going to show us a lot about what this team is thinking, and where we will go in the draft. I'm excited, but nervous that this team f*cks it up. If they ignore the interior OL, I might not even watch next season lol. Enough is enough.

I know people like how Ferrarri's look on the outside, but you still have to take care of the engine.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

I think if we get better at C, the Guard play will improve drastically.

With that said a DeCastro/Hardwick plus what we got ... I think we are well on our way to have a great Offense for 2012 and that covers up lots of D sins.

And I think it a snow ball chance our D is much improved b/c of the many holes ...... try to get the O dominant with less pieces.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
What about Ben Grubbs?

Two disappointing things I just found out:

1. Hardwick is 30, but he is thinking about retiring because he doesn't want to have long term issues with health.

2. I'm listening to the Lunch Break on DC.com and Nick Eatman was just talking about taking an interior OL at 14 and a scout said it probably isn't likely. Damnit Jerry, come on.

Free Agency is going to show us a lot about what this team is thinking, and where we will go in the draft. I'm excited, but nervous that this team f*cks it up. If they ignore the interior OL, I might not even watch next season lol. Enough is enough.

I know people like how Ferrarri's look on the outside, but you still have to take care of the engine.
That is why Jerrah is an idiot. Look around the league to quality OL nowadays ... fairly high picks.

Problem is Jerrah thinks it is 1990 and scouting has evolved. Guys like Larry Allen would go first round just form workouts.

The days of getting quality big men after the third round are dead.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

We just need a secondary chance, both players and coaching. Campo, thanks for your 20 years of service with the Cowboys, but it's like to gtfo. The game has passed him by.

We won't we shutting people down left and right or be the '85 Bears by any means, but atleast we will have a chance.

Next year, Eli will have to think. Opponents will see something new. It's been the same thing since Wade got here as far as pass coverage goes, and we have continuously gotten shredded.

We just need to go in a new direction in the secondary. Get a CB and S, and get a young mind with new ideas.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How we ended up at 14TH in total defense is beyond me. Must have been a **** year for defenses, if our D was statistically better then 18 other teams.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
That is why Jerrah is an idiot. Look around the league to quality OL nowadays ... fairly high picks.

Problem is Jerrah thinks it is 1990 and scouting has evolved. Guys like Larry Allen would go first round just form workouts.

The days of getting quality big men after the third round are dead.
I 100000000% agree on this point. People always use that garbage cliche that "you can get a fine guard or center in round 3 or 4." No, you can't anymore. This isn't 1980 where scouting departments suck and completely overlook guys.

It's just like saying S and OG aren't that important. YES THEY ARE. THOSE 2 POSITIONS ALONE ARE THE REASON WE HAVEN'T GONE DEEP INTO THE PLAYOFFS OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS.

It's not even arguable anymore.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I 100000000% agree on this point. People always use that garbage cliche that "you can get a fine guard or center in round 3 or 4." No, you can't anymore. This isn't 1980 where scouting departments suck and completely overlook guys.
Really? Let's take a look at some of the better Centers and Guards in the League right now.

Scott Wells - 7th Rounder 2004
Chris Myers - 6th Rounder2005
Josh Sitton - 4th Round 2008
Carl Nicks - 5th Round 2008
Jahari Evans - 4th Round 2006
Kris Dielman - Undrafted 2003

Just to name a few. Yes high picked interior lineman like Grubbs, Mangold, the Pounceys', Mankins and Hutchinson are all studs, but saying you can't find quality players in the middle rounds is just ridiculous.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Paul is right.

I think it's more based on positions of impact.

Those positions are:
QB
Pass Rusher
CB
WR
LT

Those are the positions that can have the greatest impact on the outcomes of games. We are pretty decent in those areas except for another pass rusher and CB.

I'm not saying that you don't need guards, but guard play is simply not as impactful as pass rushers and CBs.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-03-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
How we ended up at 14TH in total defense is beyond me. Must have been a **** year for defenses, if our D was statistically better then 18 other teams.
We had a pretty bad ass start to the year on defense, and yeah, it was a pretty ****** year for defenses around the league.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Really? Let's take a look at some of the better Centers and Guards in the League right now.

Just to name a few. Yes high picked interior lineman like Grubbs, Mangold, the Pounceys', Mankins and Hutchinson are all studs, but saying you can't find quality players in the middle rounds is just ridiculous.
Oh give me a break. Look at the darn Pro Bowl roster over the past few years and compare to the 1990s. All Pro bigs are early rounds
Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Those are exceptions to the rule. How bout this. You can go draft a guard in the 6th round, and i'll take DeCastro at 14. We'll see who is winning games and running the football with success.... It wouldn't even be close. I don't care that he's a guard and we are taking him at 14. What other player is worth the 14th pick at our needs that will be available? NO ONE. Ingram, Dennard, etc. are not worth the 14 pick. DeCastro is. He'll be a top 3 guard in football for the next 12 years. Jerry isn't gonna take 2 OL in the first round in back to back years so your gonna have your way and I won't, but I think that's wrong. If we go into the season with Bill Nagy or some marginal FA signing at LG, we're going to regret it. Then in 20 years when DeCastro is giving his HOF speech, we'll see who is saying "I told you so."

As for Macarthur, I don't agree with you. Save QB, every position is pretty much equal to me. Football is the ultimate team game. Did you see Alan Ball last year? He single handedly probably cost us 5 games at safety. But people keep saying S and OG aren't that important. Those 2 positions alone are the reason we haven't been to the superbowl in the past 5 years. I'll keep saying it until people acknowledge that point. The '07 and '09 playoffs losses were directly due to poor OL play and horrific safety play. That's like when idiot's at the gym say lifting legs isn't important, or you don't need vegetables in your diet.

Everything has an integral part. In football and in life. If DeCastro is head and shoulders the best prospect at 14, which he probably will be for our needs, then pick him, be happy as hell about it and go defense heavy for the rest of the draft.

Upshaw is just another spencer we would rent for 4 years, and once his rookie contract is up people will be saying gtfo just like Spencer. All the other don't deserve to be picked that high. Irvin at 14? LOL please get off the codine. Figure out another way to get a pass rusher.

Think about it this way: Some college DE who we have to transition to 3-4 OLB would not be better than spencer as a rookie, and probably not as a 2nd year player either. Who knows if he even would pan out. Even if you take a player who was a 3-4 OLB in college, none of them at 14 would be that much better at spencer in this draft. On the other hand, DeCastro would be head and shoulders above any guard on our team from day one, and be an all pro for the next decade. It's not even an argument man.

I don't see the problem. The logic is perfect. Get some secondary help in FA and the 2nd/3rd round. There is no argument. Unless we sign someone like Grubbs in FA, DeCastro has to be the pick.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Oh give me a break. Look at the darn Pro Bowl roster over the past few years and compare to the 1990s. All Pro bigs are early rounds
Umm, Evans, Nicks, O'Hara and Deilman were on the All-Pro since 2008, and they were drafted in the middle rounds or later, and the rest were your typical big early round names like Mangold, Hutch, Mankins and Snee. How does that disprove my point exactly?