Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some serious OL still on the board. James Brown, Rishaw Johnson, Brandon Washington, Michael Brewster, and the Saulsberry kid from Mississippi State is a potential future starter as well.

I wouldn't mind Terrance Ganaway either. We brought him in for a visit, so maybe he's a target.

EDIT: And the Eagles scoop up Washington. Damn.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

philly can go to hell
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course, the Eagles have to draft Washington.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a **** load of talent still on this board. Chris Polk, Terrance Ganaway, Alphonso Dennard, Chase Minnifield, Bill Winn, and all the OL I listed above.

All of those guys could be starters or very good back-ups in the league.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Garrett's offense is essentially a passed down version of Don Coryell's offense with his own twists. So you're right. It's vertical based. What we need from our WRs is speed, speed, speed. They need to be able to get off the ball quickly at the snap. Strong hands are a must, but we don't use "possession receivers" who are the bigger/slower types. With the ball in their hands, our guys need to be good YAC guys. All the successful WRs we've had under Garrett, have had those 3 things - speed, hands, yac. We don't ask them to run a lot of choice routes like the Run 'n shoot. We have a three-digit system of digitizing the routes. The whole passing game is just a matter of putting the numbers together.
Your about the vertical passing game but a critical element to this offense has been a slot receiver who can work the middle against linebackers b/cthe safeties are deep. We had that with craytom but he and Garrett didn't get along. I love the offensive picks. Coale can compete with Harris for the slot spot I think Hanna is perfect fit for what Jason Garrett loves to do with te's. Hanna is flex tight end who can stretch the field. That's used to be what Marty b did but he doesn't have the speed. Hanna might end up with 20+ catches as a rookie.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like Phili has a freaking camera and hidden microphone in our War Room. Damm it..
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

I don't mean to diminish the eagles draft, but their OL is still nothing to write home about, they didn't address safety at all, they don't have anything behind McCoy at RB, and they didn't touch tight end either.

They got some good values, but they're definitely still beatable. So are we, but i'm just saying.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

****, there goes Ganaway.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
There is a **** load of talent still on this board. Chris Polk, Terrance Ganaway, Alphonso Dennard, Chase Minnifield, Bill Winn, and all the OL I listed above.

All of those guys could be starters or very good back-ups in the league.
yeah this draft was loaded. The Johnson pick is the only question mark. Other than that I really liked the picks, but then again I said that last year half those made no impact so i guess we'll see
Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't mean to diminish the eagles draft, but their OL is still nothing to write home about, they didn't address safety at all, they don't have anything behind McCoy at RB, and they didn't touch tight end either.

They got some good values, but they're definitely still beatable. So are we, but i'm just saying.
Yeah but they just had one hell of a draft. This draft class along with another year to gel in that wide 9 defense and more emphasis in man coverage is going to make them a tough tough team next year.

To me personally, the only thing that will hold them back is Michael Vick. I don't believe in Michael Vick.

But that team is going to be dangerous. Philly never misses the playoffs 2 years in a row.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I am nervous that we didn't address OL, but we did sign two guys with size and work ethic, and Costa definitely isn't going to be handed the starting center job. Kowalski, Arkin, and Nagy will all be fighting for that spot, and are all better than Costa in my opinion. Definitely more physically gifted. Can't go into a season with playoff aspirations and Phil Costa starting at center. That just doesn't mix.

In Callahan we trust.
The only thing that makes me nervous would be costa starting again, but I do think livings is good fit as the right guard.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
Your about the vertical passing game but a critical element to this offense has been a slot receiver who can work the middle against linebackers b/cthe safeties are deep. We had that with craytom but he and Garrett didn't get along. I love the offensive picks. Coale can compete with Harris for the slot spot I think Hanna is perfect fit for what Jason Garrett loves to do with te's. Hanna is flex tight end who can stretch the field. That's used to be what Marty b did but he doesn't have the speed. Hanna might end up with 20+ catches as a rookie.
Well that has been Witten's bread and butter as far as being the receiving threat working the middle beneath the safeties with our WRs stretching the Safeties deep. Having a slot there would be helpful too.

What I want Coale to show is ability to break tackles and rip the field with YAC. In the slot he's going to catch those sideline out passes and be expected to run upfield. Ogletree often ran those. Would also like to see him display the skills to rip the field east-west to gain separation and then cut up north.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The only thing that makes me nervous would be costa starting again, but I do think livings is good fit as the right guard.
Pretty sure Livings is going to play LG. Who do you think plays LG?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

That's cause you don't get it.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

But they drafted 2 safeties in the 2nd round the last two years. I do wonder what their gonna do at left tackle but I think they're not gonna try to be like the eagles of the past 3 years and try to outscore you. There gonna win with defense like they used and force turnovers

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 04-28-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Pretty sure Livings is going to play LG. Who do you think plays LG?
Broaddus did analysis of him he a power guard. He's at his best with a guy over him where he can lock on, but not effective pulling and not as good blocking on the second level. There also a piece on him from btb; when he was filling in at rg b/c of an injury he played better. At lg his normal position he struggled to pull and and hit 2nd level targets. Maybe I'm wrong but from that analysis he seemed best fit to line up at rg where he has a 3 tech dt lined up over him.

What do you think d-unit you always ask me questions but never reply to my answers what are your thoughts/opinions?

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 04-28-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

I liked to see vontaze burfict in the 7th. Could play special teams and nice thumper as a stongside ilb I the 3-4
Old 04-28-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's cause you don't get it.
You have the least football knowledge in this thread.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah but they just had one hell of a draft. This draft class along with another year to gel in that wide 9 defense and more emphasis in man coverage is going to make them a tough tough team next year.

To me personally, the only thing that will hold them back is Michael Vick. I don't believe in Michael Vick.

But that team is going to be dangerous. Philly never misses the playoffs 2 years in a row.
There's a first time for everything. When something has been together this long and hasn't worked (Ried), maybe it's just not going to.

They could go 14-2 and I could be completely wrong, but again like you I don't believe in Michael Vick.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7 more picks.....

James Brown....please........
Old 04-28-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I liked to see vontaze burfict in the 7th. Could play special teams and nice thumper as a stongside ilb I the 3-4
WKG not going to happen

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
WKG not going to happen
what EKG stand for?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You have the least football knowledge in this thread.
Says the forum's biggest homer.

Yeah buddy, the Eagles have had such a bad draft. You keep thinking that. They won't be competitive because they have Vick.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
WKG not going to happen
what WKG stand for?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

4 picks and we call it a day.....