Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Janzen Jackson... Cliff Harris anyone ?
I think what this draft confirmed was that we won't sniff anyone with a shady background check. Harris destroyed his stock with his slow 40 time.

I was mistaken about Antonio Allen though. I guess he was too much of a tweener. I can see teams not knowing what to do with him. LB? S? His 40 time didn't help either. Too bad...exciting player. This year's version of my Kai Parham hype. hah.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
there on the list with vontaze burfict WKG's
ha I like how quick you pick up the lingo
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ha I like how quick you pick up the lingo
Appreciate it cuz I'm in a good mood +rep for you
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think what this draft confirmed was that we won't sniff anyone with a shady background check. Harris destroyed his stock with his slow 40 time.

I was mistaken about Antonio Allen though. I guess he was too much of a tweener. I can see teams not knowing what to do with him. LB? S? His 40 time didn't help either. Too bad...exciting player. This year's version of my Kai Parham hype. hah.
Minnifield and Judie would be great guys to have on the radar as #5 corners with potential... possibly could play some FS
Old 04-28-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can't complain though, we need tough and smart football players on this team
Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I can't complain though, we need tough and smart football players on this team
Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fairly pleased with our draft. I wish we would've addressed center, but I have a feeling were gonna let Arkin have a shot at it.

I'm digging into some videos now and will have my two cents to come later.

One of the analysts likened Coale to Welker, thought that was interesting.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I noticed a trend w the cowboy picks.

Virtually every one has something along these lines in their profile: good motor, relentless, high character, strong work ethic, team captain.

I think this is clearly the profile of JG players. He really is transforming this roster.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
CSTOCK44
Rookie

CSTOCK44 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSTOCK44 View Post
This kid right here is the WR we should be targeting later on in the draft, but not too late. I have not seen anyone mention him yet, and i just feel like he's going to be the most explosive later round receiver in the draft.

Saalim Hakim

He ran a 4.22 40 at the SDSU pro Day. He has world class speed. Very raw, but that is because he has bounced around and never been able to stick. Last year he played with the Las Vegas Locos because he was only 2 years removed from High School. He is now eligible for the draft and will be getting a call I just hope it is from us.

Oh and his brother is Az-Zahir Hakim formerly of the Rams. Let me know what you guys think.
Ahhhh hahaha YES!!!!!!
CSTOCK44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Adcock and Leary might actually have a chance to make the team... It scares me running 3 tackles on the active roster so hopefully someone makes an impression. Callahan seems high on Leary... Might be able to beat out Nagy, Costa, or Kowalski for the swing guard.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adcock and Leary might actually have a chance to make the team... It scares me running 3 tackles on the active roster so hopefully someone makes an impression. Callahan seems high on Leary... Might be able to beat out Nagy, Costa, or Kowalski for the swing guard.
Josh Ellis ‏
The Cowboys had a third-round tag on Leary, Jerry said, but he has a degenerative knee issue that could limit his career.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Josh Ellis ‏
The Cowboys had a third-round tag on Leary, Jerry said, but he has a degenerative knee issue that could limit his career.
Interesting, I have faith in the training staff... They did a great job prolonging Colombo's career with all his knee issues. He reward type of pick up that really doesn't cost much to gamble on. Hopefully it will work out for the team.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

Virtually every one has something along these lines in their profile: good motor, relentless, high character, strong work ethic, team captain.

I think this is clearly the profile of JG players. He really is transforming this roster.
I'm hoping that it pays off, obviously. You really can't knock a guy for wanting attitude and work ethic over considering this team has had major issues with talented players not having the right work ethic.

I tell you one thing, I was watching the news during halftime of the Mavs/OKC game, and they showed Wilber working out. The dude looked fast as hell! He ran the three cone very smoothly. I looked up his pro day results trying to find reasons to get excited about him. They look pretty impressive.
http://walterfootball.com/proday2012LB.php

Normally I'm one of those types that disregards numbers, but I haven't seen him play so I'm gonna roll with this!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSTOCK44 View Post
Ahhhh hahaha YES!!!!!!
Congrats on this man! That's nuts.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

It is pretty refreshing. I mean you hear every team in the league say stuff like this (outside of the Bengals), but rarely do you see them carry though. Especially Jerry Jones in his past. What I'm starting to realize is that Jerry has given complete trust and confidence in Garrett. Garrett being the straight arrow that he is, is putting his stamp on the kind of players he wants in Dallas. Pretty exciting. I believe in it, but I've also always been the kind of guy that will still favor talent depending on the issue. Seems like Garrett wants ZERO issues. hah. I can dig it. Helps us in the future to more clearly identify draft targets for sure. This draft was revealing for sure.

It also seems like specific measureables are valued. Those guys we got are underrated names who's combine numbers impressed.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good draft for you guys. I really like Crawford for you guys. Raw but great upside could be with a few more lbs and some coaching very Cullen Jenkins like when he played in the 3-4 in green bay. I am from Idaho so i follow both BSU and ISU close and he is a gem good pick.

Jame Hanna I am a bit bummed by that pick I wanted him on the Eagles but very very underrated player there. Wanted the Eagles to use their 5th on him. With NFL coaching and working under Witten he is going to be a steal for where you got him.

Very good draft overall for you. Will say this the division is a 3 horse race this year. I think that 3 of the top 12 defenses will be in the NFC East this year.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but Brockers was the pick at #14 and Bobby Wagner would have been slotted in at #45.

Claiborne > Brockers + Wagner

I would have been ok with the Brockers pick but would have thrown the TV out the window over the selection of Wagner. That would make three years in a row the team went for an ILB in the second round and would be a reach IMO. Kuechly would have been acceptable at #14 because of his pedigree and the case could be made for Hightower's skill set bringing something the position lacked but anyone else makes me think there is a lack in faith in Bruce Carter.

I think there is a good chance Dan Connor starts next to Lee. Hopefully Carter can pan out as a solid nickle back who continues to develop into a starter.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 04-29-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry if I missed it guys but is there a list of udfa we picked up yet? Minnifield and Chris Polk would be tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Sorry if I missed it guys but is there a list of udfa we picked up yet? Minnifield and Chris Polk would be tasty.
Yeah pocketaces posted a thread in our Cowboys forum. Check it out.

Thanks PA!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't know if anyone posted this yet but Brockers was the pick at #14 and Bobby Wagner would have been slotted in at #45.

Claiborne > Brockers + Wagner

I would have been ok with the Brockers pick but would have thrown the TV out the window over the selection of Wagner. That would make three years in a row the team went for an ILB in the second round and would be a reach IMO. Kuechly would have been acceptable at #14 because of his pedigree and the case could be made for Hightower's skill set bringing something the position lacked but anyone else makes me think there is a lack in faith in Bruce Carter.

I think there is a good chance Dan Connor starts next to Lee. Hopefully Carter can pan out as a solid nickle back who continues to develop into a starter.
Yeah really.. That Wagner pick would've thrown me off.

Then again... this whole draft threw me off. lol. If somebody said we'd have a draft like this, I'd be as confused then as I am now.

Morris Claiborne
Tyrone Crawford
Kyle Wilber
Matt Johnson
Danny Coale
James Hanna
Caleb McSurdy
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really impressed with the Johnson kid's video. He was really really quick to the ball(even if his 40 time is relatively pedestrian). And I liked the way he tackled. Hard hits, A shoelace tackle going to the sideline(when any other type of tackle probably results in a TD) and he also produced a wrap up tackle. Quite impressed with that.

Worst Case Scenario he turns out to be a fantastic special teams player.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:31 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett on targeting high character, high effort players:

Quote:
Cowboys believe there's ability in motors

April, 28, 2012
APR 28
8:35
PM CT
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- It’s no secret that Jason Garrett wants high character players with high motors.

That description fit the Cowboys’ seven selections made over the last three days, but particularly on Saturday when the club made five picks: Kyle Wilber, Matt Johnson, Danny Coale, James Hanna and Caleb McSurdy.

But Garrett wanted to dismiss a notion that also flies with the “high character, high motor” guys.

“Why do we think that’s so important?” Garrett said. “We feel like it allows them all to achieve to their potential, and our experience has been when you have guys on your football team like that you practice better and you play better, and it’s infectious. When you step back and look at the seven together, there are a lot of those traits. It’s not like they’re makeup guys who are undersized and will run through a wall for you. They all can play in the NFL and have the physical traits to play.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
Old 04-29-2012, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Garrett on targeting high character, high effort players:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
All the players listed are white (Hanna could be half?)... High effort, high character... Hmm...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pumped about this draft, regardless of the fact that we didn't nab the biggest names out there.

Do I wish we would have grabbed a few different guys? Ya, but there is a reason those guys fell to us and continued falling in most cases. These guys might not have been on our radar... But neither was Mo Clairborne.

So you could call this whole Cowboys draft unpredictable but at the core we really addressed the needs that we had.

Clairborne is awesome we all agree on that.

Crawford has a ton of potential (And many here liked Brockers because of untapped potential and are knocking Crawford for it?)

Wilber played 3-4 Outside Linebacker at Wake Forest his Senior season and led the team in sacks.. (Those two guys right there address our pass rush questions everyone here complains about)

Matt Johnson, I don't know much about him but everything I read makes it seem like he is a true ball hawk that isn't afraid to hit people either. Quite honestly I can't find anything bad about the guy being written other than the fact that no one thought he should have been drafted this early... That confuses me because no one knocks him either? So if there are no knocks on him then why are was no one projecting him to go high?

Coale: Gives us a presence that can come in and compete for essentially a starting spot. From doing some reading on him it looks like he was hurt badly by the QB's he had at Va Tech. Heck worst case scenario we have some competition, someone with returning expeirence and a guy who can actually even compete for the Punting job.

Hanna: We all wanted a tight end and Hanna is a nice pick, he definately has the measurables to be somebody in this league. With all that speed and size it is crazy to think what he might be able to do.

McSurdy: Another guy I don't know much about but his pure production makes me excited to see what he might be able to do. Competes to be the #4 MLB on this team. I see him being a Practice Squad guy but the pure production he had makes me want to believe he could be more.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres some grades, for what theyre worth

NFL draft grades: Bengals, Cowboys immediate winners
What a coup: a shutdown corner, an ideal 3-4 end, an intriguing edge pass rusher and a potential starting safety. Rob Ryan can now get aggressive without getting burned.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-28/nfl-draft-2012-grades-bengals-cowboys-patriots-packers-steelers

I thought the Cowboys had the best draft [in the division]. I thought they really did a nice job getting the corner that they needed in Claiborne, and then adding the defensive lineman in the third round, Crawford. I think he’s a really good football player.
Remember, the Cowboys are just a missed field goal and a couple of situations away from keeping the Giants out of it. Michael Lombardi

This team blew five fourth-quarter leads last season as Rob Ryan's defense faltered time and again. So owner Jerry Jones made the bold move to trade up with the Rams in order to take LSU's Morris Claiborne, the draft's most complete cornerback. This was a bold move, and Claiborne has no character flaws. ... They waited until the third round for their next pick. Ryan has to love the addition of Boise State defensive end Tyrone Crawford. ... Wake Forest outside linebacker Kyle Wilber also has pass-rush potential and, at worse, is a special-teams star. ... Eastern Washington's Matt Johnson will be given every chance to become a starting safety. The late-round find could be Oklahoma tight end James Hanna, who has a quick first step and possibly give Jason Witten a rest, since Witten isn't getting any younger. Grade: B+
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Czar-NFL-Draft-grades-per-team-042812

Overview: Dallas' front office is unwilling to meet injury-prone, contract-year CB Mike Jenkins' financial demands, so it went to work on Thursday night. The Cowboys shipped off picks 14 and 45 to secure Claiborne, who will cover X receivers and perhaps even stalk opposing No. 1s in the Darrelle Revis "shadow" role. Dallas was otherwise quiet on the trade front, but picked up an athletic pass rusher in Wilber to go with one of this draft's more underrated defensive-line pocket pushers in Crawford. Coale was a fifth-round value and will compete right away in the slot, while Hanna is a height-weight-speed guy. McSurdy and Johnson were dominant small schoolers. The Cowboys came away with one surefire blue chip talent, and as many as four or five more 2012 role players. Even after giving up the second-rounder, this has the look of a solid draft. Grade: B
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40438/174/draft-2012-nfc-grades

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote