Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a good writeup of all our picks from BTB

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...ades#storyjump

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-29-2012 at 10:30 AM.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DELETE.....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-29-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
All the players listed are white (Hanna could be half?)... High effort, high character... Hmm...
Does Morris Claiborne look white to you?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Draft press conference

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...1985BEE3BD8455

Old 04-29-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
I'm pumped about this draft, regardless of the fact that we didn't nab the biggest names out there.

Do I wish we would have grabbed a few different guys? Ya, but there is a reason those guys fell to us and continued falling in most cases. These guys might not have been on our radar... But neither was Mo Clairborne.

So you could call this whole Cowboys draft unpredictable but at the core we really addressed the needs that we had.

Clairborne is awesome we all agree on that.

Crawford has a ton of potential (And many here liked Brockers because of untapped potential and are knocking Crawford for it?)

Wilber played 3-4 Outside Linebacker at Wake Forest his Senior season and led the team in sacks.. (Those two guys right there address our pass rush questions everyone here complains about)

Matt Johnson, I don't know much about him but everything I read makes it seem like he is a true ball hawk that isn't afraid to hit people either. Quite honestly I can't find anything bad about the guy being written other than the fact that no one thought he should have been drafted this early... That confuses me because no one knocks him either? So if there are no knocks on him then why are was no one projecting him to go high?

Coale: Gives us a presence that can come in and compete for essentially a starting spot. From doing some reading on him it looks like he was hurt badly by the QB's he had at Va Tech. Heck worst case scenario we have some competition, someone with returning expeirence and a guy who can actually even compete for the Punting job.

Hanna: We all wanted a tight end and Hanna is a nice pick, he definately has the measurables to be somebody in this league. With all that speed and size it is crazy to think what he might be able to do.

McSurdy: Another guy I don't know much about but his pure production makes me excited to see what he might be able to do. Competes to be the #4 MLB on this team. I see him being a Practice Squad guy but the pure production he had makes me want to believe he could be more.
Very well said! Great write up. I'm getting more and more pumped about what our future beholds.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also interested in the fact that we drafted not one but two guys from the big sky conference.

One of which, McSurdy was the Big Sky Defensive Player of the year. Not to mention that the teams we got these guys from are consistently competitive in the FCS.

There is definately a Jason Garrett "Type" as all of the picks were a captain on their team and are football players. If you look at them they all had great production on their teams, they didn't blow up the combine or their proday but they had the skills to play football.

Call me a big fan of this draft despite being very skeptical about it yesterday.

Clairborne: Day 1 Starter, Worst case as the #3 in a pass happy league.

Crawford: Intially a pass rush package type of guy in our rotation. Best Case: Finally learns the ins and outs of football and develops into a huge pass rush presence.

Wilber: Worst Case, pushes Albright, Butler and Spencer to keep getting better or he can take their job. Led his team in sacks so let's teach him some technique and get him some in the pros.

Johnson: Been looking for two days now and still can't find any knocks on him other than he was playing hurt his senior year(That really doesn't bother me at all, but looks like he didn't have full use of the arm in which he tore his bicep, which made tackling difficult and trying to make interceptions even more so.) Will someone please show me why no one was talking about a guy that no draft expert has any knocks on? He creates a ton of turnovers, the only safeties who created more turnovers were Mark Barron and Merkelle Martin... Call it a reach or whatever else you want but until someone shows me the knocks on this guy I'm going to be a fan.

Coale: Makes some very tough catches in college. I'll be interested to see how he is playing with QB's that can.... You know.... Throw the ball. Worst case scenario he gets to put the heat on Dwayne Harris (A Guy I was/am very high on) to perform now or never.

Hanna: This dude is BIG and FAST.... I'm really concerned about the fact that he didn't have a lot of receptions though. With that size and speed you would think he would have been a huge weapon? Ya it is one of the only bigger names we took in the draft but that does leave me with questions about him.

McSurdy: I think he is a special teamer that makes the team and sticks here for a few years. Something has to be said for making plays. He doesn't have elite speed, elite size, or anything that makes you go Wow about him on paper. The thing that makes me go Wow with him is the fact he was Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Sky and has ridiculous tackle numbers having only been a two year starter.

Call me a homer, but I like this draft.

I am serious about wanting someone to show me something, heck show me anything, about Matt Johnson that tells me why no one knew about him on here.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody here makes it a profession to know prospects much less those outside of D1. So that's why Matt Johnson was such a stretch. The only guys outside of D1 that even get mentioned are the ones that get some draft hype. This guy had none, so it was definitely a shocker. If he pans out, that's major props to our scouting department. If not, they look like a joke. So that's why I say this was a bold move. The funny thing is, I think he has a better chance of panning out than folding. So it'll be fun to watch his progress and see if he makes the team.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nobody here makes it a profession to know prospects much less those outside of D1. So that's why Matt Johnson was such a stretch. The only guys outside of D1 that even get mentioned are the ones that get some draft hype. This guy had none, so it was definitely a shocker. If he pans out, that's major props to our scouting department. If not, they look like a joke. So that's why I say this was a bold move. The funny thing is, I think he has a better chance of panning out than folding. So it'll be fun to watch his progress and see if he makes the team.
That is a good point, I could imagine part of it is also that there weren't people ranking him highly that were "draftniks". So being on this board and Scott not even having him ranked may make it much more difficult for people here to hype him.

I'm on the kids bandwagon if nothing else.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Claiborne makes this draft a success all by itself. Getting the top rated defender in any draft is a coup, and we got him without giving up the entire draft or any picks next year.

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a Center, but hopefully the team has a plan for addressing the position that doesn't include hoping Costa "gets stronger".

If Crawford or Wilbur can upgrade our pass rush, this draft is an A.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Does Morris Claiborne look white to you?
Not only that, but Crawford and Wilber look black to me. Hell Tyrone Crawford's name is Tyrone!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Not only that, but Crawford and Wilber look black to me. Hell Tyrone Crawford's name is Tyrone!
I think Caddy is just being a troll.

Can you blame him? We literally STOLE Claiborne away from the Bucs. They had to take Barron for crying out loud. Almost every team used Barron as this year's "smoke screen" player and the Bucs were the ones to bite on it. Suckas!

Tell me a month ago that a Bucs fan would be happy with that selection. They'd be lying through their teeth!!! So he comes here to troll. Makes sense.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Caddy is just being a troll.

Can you blame him? We literally STOLE Claiborne away from the Bucs. They had to take Barron for crying out loud. Almost every team used Barron as this year's "smoke screen" player and the Bucs were the ones to bite on it. Suckas!

Tell me a month ago that a Bucs fan would be happy with that selection. They'd be lying through their teeth!!! So he comes here to troll. Makes sense.
Heh. I like Barron, but yeah I'd be a bit upset if I was a Bucs fan because Claiborne is a freaking stud. It's still crazy thinking that he's going to be playing for the Cowboys. I don't think I'll get over it until he gets burned once in his rookie year. Then I'll want them to cut him, and I'll curse Jerrah's name for making that awful trade! Then once he makes a pick I'll be screaming Super Bowl at the top of my lungs.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Claiborne reminds of Champ.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lionel Smith... "Poody" is my boy from back in middle school. Rooting for him, hope he sticks with you guys, or makes his way back home. I want to get his jersey, but instead of Smith, I just want "Poody" on it, hahah.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coale is the best. Big time player.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Lionel Smith... "Poody" is my boy from back in middle school. Rooting for him, hope he sticks with you guys, or makes his way back home. I want to get his jersey, but instead of Smith, I just want "Poody" on it, hahah.
He was someone we brought in during predraft visits, so that shows the Cowboys had real interest in him. Right now the 5th CB spot is wide open, so if he has skills he has a chance.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Coale is the best. Big time player.
Not sure about all that but you need to like productive WR on teams with bad QBs who the run the ball a lot. Coale fits the bill.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Not sure about all that but you need to like productive WR on teams with bad QBs who the run the ball a lot. Coale fits the bill.
I posted this on the main draft discussion thread, I'm so pleased with Coale it bears repeating here:

The Cowboys 5th rd. WR Danny Coale did NOT get the Intriguing rating from McShay, but got the Impact rating instead:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...he-most-impact

He didn't light it up at Va. Tech, but running those 4.3s 40s got the attention of pro scouts. He will make the roster as slot receiver, mark it down now.

New gunner on return STs, & a slot receiver as a bonus.

Last edited by jojo : 04-30-2012 at 12:37 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He runs great routes, has awesome hands, and is an extremely intelligent player.

Only thing he doesn't do, he doesn't have great short area quickness and doesn't create after the catch. Essentially, he doesn't make tacklers miss. But otherwise, Coale is the man. He makes big plays at big times and does everything for the team.

Somewhere, right now, Danny Coale is running open.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

An example of that is at 12:36 of this video. One of the most famous catches in VT history. Sugar Bowl catch would have been the most famous, but the refs did him over on that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-FhXQDefOE

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 04-30-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
An example of that is at 12:36 of this video. One of the most famous catches in VT history. Sugar Bowl catch would have been the most famous, but the refs did him over on that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-FhXQDefOE
You know the ironic thing... I remember that catch and call and I told my friend at the time... I can't believe he got robbed of that catch! The refs just stole this guy's biggest moment that he'll ever have in his career as a football player. He's not an NFL guy so this is his moment of glory and the refs just stole it from him. Pathetic!

I was so mad at that call and felt bad for him... now that same dude is a Cowboy who Garrett has said will have a good shot at being the team's #3 WR. Hahahahahaha! Yes, this is a moment for me.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think this will turn out to be one of your favorite drafts ever. More about substance than shine.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
I think this will turn out to be one of your favorite drafts ever. More about substance than shine.
From your lips to god's ears.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You know the ironic thing... I remember that catch and call and I told my friend at the time... I can't believe he got robbed of that catch! The refs just stole this guy's biggest moment that he'll ever have in his career as a football player. He's not an NFL guy so this is his moment of glory and the refs just stole it from him. Pathetic!

I was so mad at that call and felt bad for him... now that same dude is a Cowboy who Garrett has said will have a good shot at being the team's #3 WR. Hahahahahaha! Yes, this is a moment for me.
I'm a huge fan of VT players and Danny more so than most, so I'll be sure to follow along for the ride!

I'm fully expecting 600-800 yards for Coale in year one, in that system.

He should be great when Tony has to bide time as well. Coale is great at finding holes in coverage and extending plays.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a huge fan of VT players and Danny more so than most, so I'll be sure to follow along for the ride!

I'm fully expecting 600-800 yards for Coale in year one, in that system.

He should be great when Tony has to bide time as well. Coale is great at finding holes in coverage and extending plays.
One analyst says he's similar to that of Wes Welker. If he's 80% of Wes Welker, I'll take that all day long.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote