Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, here is my 10 days until free agency off-season mock. I will do free agency as to what I think the Cowboys will do, not what I would do. I will do the opposite for the draft, choosing who I would pick.

Free agency:

Franchise Spencer-
It's gonna happen unless we strike a multi-year deal, so we just have to let it go at this point.

Brandon Carr- Multiple reports have linked him to us, and I think we are going to make on big splash and get an upgrade, so I guess he is it. I would much rather go with Nicks who will probably be a couple million a year cheaper and is a better football player and add Terrell Thomas for CB help, but of course that makes way to much sense and is too good for our football team for Jerry to even think about. *sigh*

Mike Adams- Basically Abe Elam, but with better coverage skills. PFF ranked him pretty highly in coverage, so i'll take it. If they think Barry Church is ready then by all means go ahead, but he is in the last year of his deal. Maybe draft a middle rounder to develop. Iloka, Janzen Jackson, etc.

Re-Sign Robinson if we have enough money- I don't know what the cap figure will be after these 3 guys, but stephen jones is pretty good with the cap and might be able to make Carr's base salary low with bonuses or something so the cap hit is minimal. Robinson has been flying under the radar for a while and I think that might be a good thing for us. With all the WR's on the market and Robinson's injury history accompanied with only 10 good games of production in 4 years in the league, he might not get the money people think. I personally don't care at all if we re-sign him, I think a guy like Ryan Broyles in the 4th would be just fine because anyone besides kevin ogletree will produce behind Miles, Dez, and Witten. But hey, if it's under 4 million a year I wouldn't mind.

Other possibilities- LaRon Landry, Michael Griffin, Terrell Thomas.

Draft:

14: Fletcher Cox, DT/DE, Miss. St.- Athletic 5 technique who will finally give us something from our down 3. I really think Jerry is finally starting to see that you are suppose to draft lineman in the 1st two rounds. They are the foundation of a football team, and have the lowest bust rate. If a lineman is rated that high, he can play. Period. All the other positions have so many other variables that make it so much easier to bust. Sure there are the tony mandarich's of the world, but they are few and far between. I believe that is a direct correlation as to why we have struggled lately. You need to pick lineman high. I hope the Tyron Smith pick has knocked some sense into Jerry, and I really hope that picking lineman high is something Jason Garrett believes in.

2nd round: Kevin Keitler, OG/C, Wisconsin- May be a bit wishful thinking he will be here, but there is as decent chance. He has decent buzz right now, but that buzz always cools off by the draft and unless your the top interior OL (DeCastro) those guys tend to slip a little bit. Has said he is getting reps at center to show position versatility, so that's a plus. Guy is pretty close to a sure thing, give me him over somebody like Silotuli from a smaller school with maybe a little better physical tools. Know what you are going to get from Zeitler. Above average starter for a decade.

3rd Round- Best available CB- There are so many in this range that you guys can take your pick. Johnson, Judie, Bentley, Hosley, Norman, Hayward, Flemming, and maybe even Minnifield who had an awful combine (183 pounds, didn't run the 40, 7 reps on the bench) and even Boykin if his injury keeps him under the radar. Even if we land Carr in free agency, I want another CB in the top 3 rounds, at worst the 4th. I hope the organization feels the same way, but we know Jerry doesn't build on strengths so I have my doubts. Enough of the Mike Mickens type players in the 6th round. Get someone who can play.

4th round- Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State- Absolutely love this kid. Beast. Jerry and Garrett were adamant about likely Felix, but I hope it's a smoke screen if something better arrises. The reason I have hope for this is because Turbin obviously brings something we don't have in pure strength, but he is also a great receiver out of the back field and blocks like a champion. Two things Garrett loves. Holding out hope on that.

4th round (compensatory for Steven Bowen)- Bobby Wagner, ILB, Utah state- Probably waited to long for Kendricks after his combine, but this is a nice consolation prize. Back to back tough Utah State Aggies. Wagner didn't compete at the combine and with guys like Kendricks shooting up the boards and the undervalued importance of ILB, hopefully he is still here. Great #3 who could start in a pinch and will be a stud on special teams.

5th-7th round- Pointless in mocking, especially on March 3rd. Just give me athletes or guys who had serious production in college. Don't give me the average guy like Mike Mickens who belongs in the 6th round. Unless there is a guy who has a 3rd round grade and fell this far for some reason, just take fliers. If Omar Bolden or Vontaze Burfict are on the board, run to the podium. Either give me a freak athlete who has the potential to be coached up, or someone with insane production who is just always around the football. We have enough JAGs, we need playmakers.

So, CB is addressed, safety has another stop gap and I wish I could've drafted someone but there isn't enough picks for everything. I want a true NT but our Owner and VP don't feel the same so I tried to upgrade the down 3 with Cox. Zeitler should be a good starter for a decade, and bobby wagner should help ILB depth and special teams.

Thoughts?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Comparing LSU 5tech prospects

2005 Marcus Spears 6'4 307, Forty Yard Dash 5.04, Bench 225lbs 15 reps
2008 Glenn Dorsey 6'2 297, Forty Yard Dash 5.09, Bench 225lbs 27 reps
2009 Tyson Jackson 6'4 296, Forty Yard Dash 4.94, Bench 225lbs 20 reps
2012 Michael Brockers 6'6 322, Forty Yard Dash 5.36, Bench 225lbs 19 reps

Eerily Similar... two top five picks, a "top ten prospect", and a guy that the Tuna wanted to take at #11 over Ware. All coming off of solid careers from a powerhouse college and have untapped potential to reak havok in backfields.
I think everyone here has as grasp on who Marcus Spears is... although scouted as a NT in a 4-3 Dorsey has the most impact in terms of stats and Tyson hasn't shown much in his first three years. Of the three players in the league with a combine 14 yrs of experience, they have managed 556 tackles, 15 sacks, 4 forced fumbles. That averages out to 40 tackles.. a shade over a sack and a half of a FF a year. Thats a pretty mediocre impact for a first round pick let alone a top 15 selection.

That being said Jerry please dont buy into the hype... Stay away from Brockers if he falls in your lap. I trust a LSU 5tech about the same as I trust a cookie cutter QB prospect out of USC... Maybe thats why D-Unit likes Brockers to much ;) jkjk. All joking aside I think he will be very similar to Spears as a player that is stout against the run but leaves you wanting more.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So, anybody want to take a flyer on Parrish Cox? He was found not guilty yesterday and is looking to get back in the NFL.
He got off on a technicality, his own teamate Demaryius Thomas testified against him. He witnessed Cox carrying the drunk/drugged girl and saying "She's ready". Im not sure thats the kind of guy that I want on my team. Especially when you already have to babysit Dez so he keeps his nose clean.

IM good.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Perrish Cox doesn't get picked up at first i'd sign him on an incentive-laden deal to be our 4th CB. That would be a great pick up. It's not like he has pacman's notoriety so it wouldn't cause a media circus, and if he does something the contract he signs should be easily cuttable. With the siuation our secondary is in, I'd do it. Just compare him to Alan Ball. Our 4th CB position would be upgraded 10 fold for a league minimum salary. Low risk, high reward.

Anyway, I was just in the draft section and checked out the Lavonte David thread. Watched his film vs. Michigan... sign me up. Dude is a baller. A bit undersized, but I want athletes. Dude has great instincts and can run. Love him as a possible 3rd rounder.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
If Perrish Cox doesn't get picked up at first i'd sign him on an incentive-laden deal to be our 4th CB. That would be a great pick up. It's not like he has pacman's notoriety so it wouldn't cause a media circus, and if he does something the contract he signs should be easily cuttable. With the siuation our secondary is in, I'd do it. Just compare him to Alan Ball. Our 4th CB position would be upgraded 10 fold for a league minimum salary. Low risk, high reward.

Anyway, I was just in the draft section and checked out the Lavonte David thread. Watched his film vs. Michigan... sign me up. Dude is a baller. A bit undersized, but I want athletes. Dude has great instincts and can run. Love him as a possible 3rd rounder.
Where would you want him to play Nicklebacker??? A third round pick is an expensive price to pay for a part time player... especially when you factor in Carter and Lee both have the ability to play in space. I much rather sign someone in FA to add depth and save that third round for a developmental player at CB/OLB/S.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Where would you want him to play Nicklebacker??? A third round pick is an expensive price to pay for a part time player... especially when you factor in Carter and Lee both have the ability to play in space. I much rather sign someone in FA to add depth and save that third round for a developmental player at CB/OLB/S.

The last thing this team needs is a Nickel LB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We already have Lee and Carter to play Nickel downs, there's no need to spend a high pick on a backup Nickel LB.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

You guys are right. I am just so sick and tired of the Akin Ayodeles, Zach Thomas', Keith Brookings, and Bradie James' that I just want to go overkill on speed and athleticism.

We don't have any depth there at all though. A 3rd round pick for a #3 ILB isn't a bad pick. They play a lot. It could be used a lot worse.

Are you guys ok with Cliff Harris in the 6th-7th round? I'd rather take a flyer on a kid with future starter potential than another run of the mill over achiever like a Bill Nagy in the later rounds.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-04-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Free Agency

Franchise Spencer: Should I stay or should I go situation... the Jones's are forced to tag Spencer in an attempt to work out a market value deal without the fear of losing him to a team that is willing to offer a big time deal. It will be a dance through out the season to see if something can get done. Yet they want an upgrade and have no one even close to starting ability.

Sign Evan Mathis: Everyone has talked about getting Nicks... some have rumbled about Grubbs but rarely has anyone mentioned Mathis. He comes at a steep discount considering he is already 30 and does not have a huge body of work. Signing Mathis will provide one more year of growth for Arkin/Nagy to develop and eventually replace Kosier.

Sign Eric Wright: Wright has been up and down his entire career often looking like he could be a potential starter then getting blown out of the water. The thing I like about right is his shiftiness and ability to play the ball when it is in the air. He will come way way cheaper then Carr or Finnegan saving money in the long run.

Draft

1) Janoris Jenkins- When is it all said and done Callahan convince that he can develop the young guards behind Mathis. Jerry will take a hard look at Ingram and Cox but realizes the value of Jenkins cover skills are too good to pass up. The combination of Jenkins, Jenkins, Scandrick, and Wright makes a 2011 weakness into an area of depth toward the future.

2) Chandler Jones- With Spencer locked up until 2013 this may appear to be a luxary but Chandler provides + pass rushing ability from the SOLB that Spencer lacks. He is a shade raw but has a motor that keeps running coupled with long arms and an explosive lower body make him an excellent compliment. Slight medical history and the reemergence of Nick Perry into 1st round territory pushed Jones into the upper 2nd round.I propose Jerry trades the 4th to slide higher and snatch him up.

3) David Molk- Slightly undersized for the center position but put very impressive numbers up at the combine. He has a fiery personality and wants to be the best. Overachiever and the type of effort player Callahan need to anchor the middle of the line.

4th supplemental) Derek Wolfe- 6'5 287 lbs 33 inch arms...has a strong base and can hold ground in the run game. Keeps working through blocks while locating the ball.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...mario-williams

First time I've seen us linked to Mario at all.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post

Lol weve been here all day discussing it. ;)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Read the full post. There is nothing concrete linking us to Mario Williams. It just says it's logical because we need a pass rusher opposite Ware. So basically, it means nothing. It has as much validity as me saying they are going to get Nicks, Carr, Griffin, and Soliai on the first day of free agency because it would be great for the team.

We aren't landing Mario.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read the full post. There is nothing concrete linking us to Mario Williams. It just says it's logical because we need a pass rusher opposite Ware. So basically, it means nothing. It has as much validity as me saying they are going to get Nicks, Carr, Griffin, and Soliai on the first day of free agency because it would be great for the team.

We aren't landing Mario.
At least you have finally admitted that there is no validity to that.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant to follow up and say it was speculation. Sorry decided to spend time with the family.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

With the buzz of the current prospects on our radar and our position in the draft, I think the best course of action is to trade back into the mid 20's if DeCastro is off the board. I like Cox and Kirkpatick, but I like a trade down better.

We are in a great position now because of the combine Kuechly just had. People will want to move in front of the eagles to pick him, so we should have some decent offers. If we can get into the 24-28 range and pick up another 3rd I'd do it in a heart beat.

At that spot one of Jenkins, Kirkpatrick, Konz, Barron, or an attractive DL will still be on the board. That plus another 3rd is the best option to me right now. This team needs quality depth just as much as playmakers. Besides WR (if we re-sign Laurent Robinson) we are one injury away at any position of becoming a significantly worse football team. I know you can say that about most teams, but we are in really bad shape as far as back ups go. We have no depth. Another 3rd rounder can help that.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With the buzz of the current prospects on our radar and our position in the draft, I think the best course of action is to trade back into the mid 20's if DeCastro is off the board. I like Cox and Kirkpatick, but I like a trade down better.

We are in a great position now because of the combine Kuechly just had. People will want to move in front of the eagles to pick him, so we should have some decent offers. If we can get into the 24-28 range and pick up another 3rd I'd do it in a heart beat.

At that spot one of Jenkins, Kirkpatrick, Konz, Barron, or an attractive DL will still be on the board. That plus another 3rd is the best option to me right now. This team needs quality depth just as much as playmakers. Besides WR (if we re-sign Laurent Robinson) we are one injury away at any position of becoming a significantly worse football team. I know you can say that about most teams, but we are in really bad shape as far as back ups go. We have no depth. Another 3rd rounder can help that.
Don't be surprised if Kirkpatrick goes higher than 20. With that combine and a lack of 1st round CB talent, I can see some guys reaching for him a bit.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One guy I would love if he slips to the mid rounds would be Tank Carder. I'm all for giving Bruce Carter the shot to be the guy for the future, so ILB wouldn't even be on my list unless some serious talent drops. If Tank Carder goes somewhere in the 5th it would be way too hard to pass up. The guy is an excellent player with some seriously good instincts. I don't know how he's timed and all that mojo, but watching him at TCU the past 3 years I've seen one helluva football player. In the future he'd make one sweet ass rotation with Lee and Carter.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
One guy I would love if he slips to the mid rounds would be Tank Carder. I'm all for giving Bruce Carter the shot to be the guy for the future, so ILB wouldn't even be on my list unless some serious talent drops. If Tank Carder goes somewhere in the 5th it would be way too hard to pass up. The guy is an excellent player with some seriously good instincts. I don't know how he's timed and all that mojo, but watching him at TCU the past 3 years I've seen one helluva football player. In the future he'd make one sweet ass rotation with Lee and Carter.
I'm all for getting another young player at ILB, but I'd rather wait to the mid rounds to do it. I've been reading and seeing some good things about Carder. It could be a good pick-up.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Anyone else thinking that Poe is just a workout warrior? Listening to a lot of analysts really thinking he's not worth a 1st round pick. I haven't really seen much tape on him to formulate my own opinion. But the guy wasn't even all conference in a weak football conference.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Anyone else thinking that Poe is just a workout warrior? Listening to a lot of analysts really thinking he's not worth a 1st round pick. I haven't really seen much tape on him to formulate my own opinion. But the guy wasn't even all conference in a weak football conference.
I don't care how fast my DT runs. I'm definitely not riding his hype (never really was). He's worth a gamble in late Round 1 but you're risking a lot taking him any higher than that. I think he'll stick in the NFL for a long time, I just don't know about his greatness. He's so raw, that he needs a lot of coaching... and DTs have such a high bust factor that I would stay away.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't care how fast my DT runs. I'm definitely not riding his hype (never really was). He's worth a gamble in late Round 1 but you're risking a lot taking him any higher than that. I think he'll stick in the NFL for a long time, I just don't know about his greatness. He's so raw, that he needs a lot of coaching... and DTs have such a high bust factor that I would stay away.
Yet you want Brockers? Everything you just said perfectly describes him..
Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers and Poe are both potential laden players with zero tape.

Brockers the ideal 3-4 DE. Poe the ideal NT. Personally I wouldn't touch either at 14 but if pressed would take Poe since he has the POTENTIAL to be an immense disruptor if we ever gets it all together.

If we are looking at 3-4 dline at 14 (which I hope not considering my complete disdain for using 1st rounders on the d-line) it would have to be Cox. Gambling with our 1st rounder isn't really an option this year :(

On the plus side of everything we still have plenty of room to splash in FA and hopefully make our draft board a little clearer.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yet you want Brockers? Everything you just said perfectly describes him..
Brockers stock fell after the combine. I wouldn't be mad at taking him at 14, but I would much rather get him later in Round 1.

Brockers and Poe are not similar players. One is a football player the other is a gym rat.

Poe's potential lies in his ability to learn the game. Brockers' potential lies in him gaining strength. Bust factor is so much higher on Poe.

Brockers is so young, he hasn't even scraped his potential. He's a guy who plays with great balance and athleticism. He stays on his feet and continues to push his motor until the whistle is blown. Poe is a sloppy DT who gets too easily neutralized at the point of attack and is always picking himself up off the ground.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Brockers the ideal 3-4 DE. Poe the ideal NT. Personally I wouldn't touch either at 14 but if pressed would take Poe since he has the POTENTIAL to be an immense disruptor if we ever gets it all together.

If we are looking at 3-4 dline at 14 (which I hope not considering my complete disdain for using 1st rounders on the d-line) it would have to be Cox. Gambling with our 1st rounder isn't really an option this year :(

On the plus side of everything we still have plenty of room to splash in FA and hopefully make our draft board a little clearer.
I don't know about "plenty of room" now that we tagged Spencer, we just cut our spendings in half with 1 slightly above avg player.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

I'm avoiding a DL in round one this year for a 3-4 defense. I just don't feel there's anyone worth a 1st round pick. Maybe Cox, MAYBE!