Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
With Bruce Irvin's arrest he could be available in the 4th round. If he's there we better pounce on it. I don't care if we've already taken an OLB earlier either. Can't have enough pass rushers. I don't care where or how you play him, get his on ass the field on 3rd and long.
What and when?
__________________

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,000
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This weekend I believe breaking **** inside a jimmy johns or something. Bruce Irvin is not the RKG and he won't be a cowboys. Since Garrett has been here he has put a process in place. Irvin just proved all of his talk at the combine was just that...talk. Not happening cdcb
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
This weekend I believe breaking **** inside a jimmy johns or something. Bruce Irvin is not the RKG and he won't be a cowboys. Since Garrett has been here he has put a process in place. Irvin just proved all of his talk at the combine was just that...talk. Not happening cdcb
You are reading way much into the "RKG" crap man. Jason Garrett wants to win. If that was true Dez would have been cut/traded a long time ago. Garrett is a high character guy, and he came from a good family and went to an Ivy League school, but don't let that fool you. Garrett is a competitor and he wants to win. You really think if Bruce Irvin is there in the 4th they won't pull the trigger because he punched a sign at some deli....?

Come on now bro. I know you are better than that ESPN garbage propaganda. Garrett wants to win and he will pick whoever helps him do that. We we're very high on Kirkpatrick and Janoris Jenkins for crying out loud before we scooped up Carr. We are still bringing in Kirkpatrick for a visit.

This will not stop us from picking Irvin. Im not saying we will pick him, but I doubt they wouldn't love that value in the middle rounds if he falls.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,325
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
You are reading way much into the "RKG" crap man. Jason Garrett wants to win. If that was true Dez would have been cut/traded a long time ago. Garrett is a high character guy, and he came from a good family and went to an Ivy League school, but don't let that fool you. Garrett is a competitor and he wants to win. You really think if Bruce Irvin is there in the 4th they won't pull the trigger because he punched a sign at some deli....?

Come on now bro. I know you are better than that ESPN garbage propaganda. Garrett wants to win and he will pick whoever helps him do that. We we're very high on Kirkpatrick and Janoris Jenkins for crying out loud before we scooped up Carr. We are still bringing in Kirkpatrick for a visit.

This will not stop us from picking Irvin. Im not saying we will pick him, but I doubt they wouldn't love that value in the middle rounds if he falls.
Some teams might grade Irvin as a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or undrafted player. But that doesn't mean he'll be there. It only takes one team to like him and there are a lot of teams who don't really care about character concerns because they think they have the right coach and right player leadership to be able to make sure he does one thing right... produce on the field.

All this talk about him going late is wishful thinking imo. He won't escape the 3rd round with his combination of production and measurables. That's my opinion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 61
Reputation: 19941
D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Uh, just for informational purposes, next time you see that Deion said a guy at the combine is a safety, what he means is the guy can't play corner. Not that he is going to be a good safety.

It is not a ringing endorsement.
I think his opinion holds more weight than anyone who posts here. The guy is the best corner to ever play the game, so his evaluation of a secondary player should be respected.
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,000
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I wouldn't be surprised to see Irvin go undrafted. He is a thug with a wrap and I'm not talking about his high school teachers...these are run in's with the cops. Jason Garrett won't bring him on the team the same reason we won't draft Janoris Jenkins.

Funny thing cbcd is that you made a statement earlier that I meant to touch on but I forgot. This is another example.

You said in so many words that we overpaid for Livings and we could have gotten holland for a cheap one year vet min deal and gotten just about the same if not better production.

The reason I bring this up is because of how outside thinking this is. Jason Garrett preaches the RKG then brings in high character guys...look at all of our free agent signings since garrett has been in charge. We didn't pay 4 times more for Livings because of his on the field play...we gave it to him because of what he brings to the culture of this team, what kind of guy he is, what kind of work ethic he has, and because we decided to go younger and cut koiser but not losing the starting experience. I'm not saying this is the right or wrong way to manage a team just that if you don't think Garrett is serious when he says RKG I ask you to bring up someone who wasn't a RKG since garrett has been here. Dez? He befriended one best athlete of all-time and got punished pretty severily and garrett has routinely said that dez loves football. you can see it on the field. So while Dez might not have the best history...his concerns when being brought to the dallas cowboys was work ethic and how rusty he would be and the supposed character concerns. Dez is immature but he has never been considered an average player. He plays every play like it's his last...can't say the same about Bruce Irvin. I love his numbers as much as anyone....but you can't preach one thing and then do another no matter how much PR you put behind it to spin it. You can only get a team to follow you if they believe you. That is how you win championships...not by bringing thugs in with off the chart measurables to try to make a difference on your team what 10-15 snaps a game? I just don't see the risk/reward. It's not like we are talking about JPP here....JPP/Aldon/Von/JJWatt all guys that had high character, and hard workers attached to their names. Not to even mention Irvin in the same sentence as those guys...but my point is we have targetted nothing but high character guys since we've been here. Look back at the year our draft board leaked...how many questionable character guys weren't on that list. I remember a few. I'm not saying punching a Jimmy John's sign is inexcusable....but it's basically like showing up in a job interview and pooping your pants. Nothing you can do but admit it and look like a dumbass. How rowdy do you have to be in the first place....or maybe idk get out of dodge when you are about to make millions and already have concerns attached to your head.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Irvin go undrafted. He is a thug with a wrap and I'm not talking about his high school teachers...these are run in's with the cops. Jason Garrett won't bring him on the team the same reason we won't draft Janoris Jenkins.

Funny thing cbcd is that you made a statement earlier that I meant to touch on but I forgot. This is another example.

You said in so many words that we overpaid for Livings and we could have gotten holland for a cheap one year vet min deal and gotten just about the same if not better production.

The reason I bring this up is because of how outside thinking this is. Jason Garrett preaches the RKG then brings in high character guys...look at all of our free agent signings since garrett has been in charge. We didn't pay 4 times more for Livings because of his on the field play...we gave it to him because of what he brings to the culture of this team, what kind of guy he is, what kind of work ethic he has, and because we decided to go younger and cut koiser but not losing the starting experience. I'm not saying this is the right or wrong way to manage a team just that if you don't think Garrett is serious when he says RKG I ask you to bring up someone who wasn't a RKG since garrett has been here. Dez? He befriended one best athlete of all-time and got punished pretty severily and garrett has routinely said that dez loves football. you can see it on the field. So while Dez might not have the best history...his concerns when being brought to the dallas cowboys was work ethic and how rusty he would be and the supposed character concerns. Dez is immature but he has never been considered an average player. He plays every play like it's his last...can't say the same about Bruce Irvin. I love his numbers as much as anyone....but you can't preach one thing and then do another no matter how much PR you put behind it to spin it. You can only get a team to follow you if they believe you. That is how you win championships...not by bringing thugs in with off the chart measurables to try to make a difference on your team what 10-15 snaps a game? I just don't see the risk/reward. It's not like we are talking about JPP here....JPP/Aldon/Von/JJWatt all guys that had high character, and hard workers attached to their names. Not to even mention Irvin in the same sentence as those guys...but my point is we have targetted nothing but high character guys since we've been here. Look back at the year our draft board leaked...how many questionable character guys weren't on that list. I remember a few. I'm not saying punching a Jimmy John's sign is inexcusable....but it's basically like showing up in a job interview and pooping your pants. Nothing you can do but admit it and look like a dumbass. How rowdy do you have to be in the first place....or maybe idk get out of dodge when you are about to make millions and already have concerns attached to your head.
Your wrong dude. That has nothing to do with us ultimately picking him or not. The reason we aren't picking Janoris Jenkins is because we wanted to get bigger and more physical at CB and already have the same exact player in Scandrick who we just re-signed long term. That's the end all be all to that situation. Jenkins' off the field troubles didn't effect that situation.

I'm sorry but your wrong. We can agree to disagree on this, but you are wrong. Jason Garrett wants to win. End of story. You really think he'll take a guy off his draft board for one misdemeanor arrest? Come on now.

Garrett wants to win. You are wrong here. That's an ESPN stereotype. Not picking Irvin would have nothing to do with this minor "incident."
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,325
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Irvin won't go undrafted so long as the Bengals are an NFL team. LOL.

But seriously though... I don't question Irvin's commitment when he's on the field. If his off-field antics totally take him off our board along with Janoris Jenkins, then Dre Kirkpatrick is in that same group too.

Garrett might have a problem with character concern type individuals, but through the years Jerry certainly hasn't shared that opinion ever since he's been owner. Michael Irvin still trots out there like he owns the place. Deion, TO, Tank Johnson, Pac Man... I think with a DC like Rob Ryan, that if the desire is strong enough, that breaking a sign won't get in the way of them adding him. Might even attract a guy like Rob. LOL.

However, on offense.... if you're talking about the players that Jason Garrett is hands on with, then you can bet they won't have a blemish on their records.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,000
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Irvin won't go undrafted so long as the Bengals are an NFL team. LOL.

But seriously though... I don't question Irvin's commitment when he's on the field. If his off-field antics totally take him off our board along with Janoris Jenkins, then Dre Kirkpatrick is in that same group too.

Garrett might have a problem with character concern type individuals, but through the years Jerry certainly hasn't shared that opinion ever since he's been owner. Michael Irvin still trots out there like he owns the place. Deion, TO, Tank Johnson, Pac Man... I think with a DC like Rob Ryan, that if the desire is strong enough, that breaking a sign won't get in the way of them adding him. Might even attract a guy like Rob. LOL.

However, on offense.... if you're talking about the players that Jason Garrett is hands on with, then you can bet they won't have a blemish on their records.
Dre has a record? Thats news to me
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,879
Reputation: 296885
Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Dre has a record? Thats news to me
no criminal record, was caught with the mary j but wasnt charged
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,325
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Dre has a record? Thats news to me
His January 17 arrest for marijuana possession was discharged, but where there's smoke there's fire.

...and NFP's report on his combine interviews was not very glowing...

Quote:
Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama CB. Representatives from three NFL teams indicated Kirkpatrick did not interview well. One said he did not explain his story well about being arrested on marijuana charges. Another said he came across as difficult to trust.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-7533.html
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,000
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Your wrong dude. That has nothing to do with us ultimately picking him or not. The reason we aren't picking Janoris Jenkins is because we wanted to get bigger and more physical at CB and already have the same exact player in Scandrick who we just re-signed long term. That's the end all be all to that situation. Jenkins' off the field troubles didn't effect that situation.

I'm sorry but your wrong. We can agree to disagree on this, but you are wrong. Jason Garrett wants to win. End of story. You really think he'll take a guy off his draft board for one misdemeanor arrest? Come on now.

Garrett wants to win. You are wrong here. That's an ESPN stereotype. Not picking Irvin would have nothing to do with this minor "incident."
I'll choose to agree to disagree. But let me ask you this. If you bring in someone for a job interview. They tell you something. Then 2 weeks later directly conflict what you just told them....i just don't know. Same reason why I wouldn't draft Marshawn Lynch however long ago is why I wouldn't draft Irvin. We don't have the defensive leadership to take a chance with a guy like that.

I'm not sure what Irvin said in the interviews...but I found tons of articles with him saying stuff similar to what I have quoted below.

Quote:
"I now take life more seriously because I was struggling a lot and making a lot of bad choices," he said. "Now, I know how blessed I am to have another opportunity to be doing what I love to do."

"I now take life more seriously because I was struggling a lot and making a lot of bad choices."

Read more: http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/10232...#ixzz1pgyGfxea
For the record he is being charge with

Quote:
Former WVU defensive end Bruce Irvin is facing destruction of property charges in Morgantown. The 24 year-old Irvin was arrested late Saturday night after he allegedly broke a sign at the Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop on High Street.

Irvin has also been charged with destruction of property and disorderly conduct.
But don't those 2 statements contradict themselves? I'm sorry but if the first thing you tell the GM/owner/coach is a lie....how could you expect anyone to draft you. Sorry but no matter how innocent he was...he was out late on a saturday night broke a sign......I'm just saying...talk is cheap and he just didn't back it up.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,000
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
His January 17 arrest for marijuana possession was discharged, but where there's smoke there's fire.

...and NFP's report on his combine interviews was not very glowing...



http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-7533.html
Ya I'm speaking on behalf of what we know or what we've been told. If Dre didn't come off as trustworthy to Garrett I think there is a very good chance we move him down our draft board. Obviously there are some players that don't get taken off they get moved down.

The other person that teams listen to is Nick Saban and I don't think he has been far off of his mark when talking on camera about him. Saying his size is his biggest asest. And that he needs to clean up the little stuff and you'll have a very good corner with size. Says he will gamble but is a hard worker and loves football.

Now maybe the wvu coaches Janoris's coaches speak up...but how much weight do they hold in comparison to a guy like Saban. His endorsement carries a lot of weight imo.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
His January 17 arrest for marijuana possession was discharged, but where there's smoke there's fire.

...and NFP's report on his combine interviews was not very glowing...



http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-7533.html
I really can't fathom how these guys "bomb interviews." They are coached up on what to say and millions of dollars are at stake. If you did something, admit it and be truthful. Some of these guys really must be idiots. It pains me to think what they would do in the real world if they didn't have football to give them millions of dollars.

To thule, i'm not saying anything about if I trust the guy or not, i'm saying you are over rating Garrett's "RKG" mentality. If there is a dude in the draft who is a good value and can help this team win, he will pick him. As long as he isn't on trial for murder, I have no doubt Garrett would have no problem pulling the trigger on a player.

Like D-Unit pointed out, Jerry has done it plenty of times in the past as well and I doubt Rob Ryan would have a problem if the dude is a good football player.

Who cares if the kid got caught with weed one when he is 22 years old, etc? I know Garrett doesn't. He wants to win football games.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,325
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I still think it's early to jump to conclusions about Irvin's story. Maybe he broke the sign because he was trying to use it to stop a thief who just robbed a little old lady. hahahahaha
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,000
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I still think it's early to jump to conclusions about Irvin's story. Maybe he broke the sign because he was trying to use it to stop a thief who just robbed a little old lady. hahahahaha
at 2am on a saturday night...nice guy...which brings up the next question of why was the old lady out at 2am in the first place walking around by herself.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,325
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
at 2am on a saturday night...nice guy...which brings up the next question of why was the old lady out at 2am in the first place walking around by herself.
I was making a funny.

Really am curious to hear what he has to say for himself though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,489
Reputation: 98039
Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Who cares if the kid got caught with weed one when he is 22 years old, etc? I know Garrett doesn't. He wants to win football games.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. If you think JG cares nothing about character, you sir, are the one that is wrong.

Now, it's all about risk reward. If JG knows he can get a talented kid, but has some issues, it becomes a risk reward situation. I think if JG is sitting there in the 4th round and Jenoris is sitting there, I think he might take him. But there is no doubt in my mind he would not take him in the first round under any circumstances.
__________________
In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,325
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. If you think JG cares nothing about character, you sir, are the one that is wrong.

Now, it's all about risk reward. If JG knows he can get a talented kid, but has some issues, it becomes a risk reward situation. I think if JG is sitting there in the 4th round and Jenoris is sitting there, I think he might take him. But there is no doubt in my mind he would not take him in the first round under any circumstances.
I think Garrett is more concerned about the character of his offensive players. Defensively, he probably cares less... and would let Rob shoulder the load. But mabye Rob has the same standard, I dunno. Doesn't come across as that way though.

The reason why teams avoid bad characters is because they want players who will listen and are capable of applying to the coaches commands. Everyone needs to be in order. If you have one guy who is not doing what the group needs you to do (ie. if he's a hot head), then you're dead in the water.

You can't categorize all problems the same either. A guy who is self-centered is worse than a guy who smokes weed. A guy who isn't willing to take to instruction is worse than a guy with a record of carrying unlicenced guns. A guy who doesn't have the commitment in the film room is worse than a guy who scores bad on the wonderlick. A guy who continues to make the same penalties is worse than the guy who tries hard, but isn't as naturally talented. etc etc etc.

Getting caught with weed is bad, breaking a shop sign is bad, but there are varying degrees of bad and "character "covers such a wide range of attributes. You have to analyze each situation uniquely and weigh it against the positives.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,489
Reputation: 98039
Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Getting caught with weed is bad, breaking a shop sign is bad, but there are varying degrees of bad and "character "covers such a wide range of attributes. You have to analyze each situation uniquely and weigh it against the positives.
Agree 100%
__________________
In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Here's my 4 round mock for us.
  1. Michael Brockers- DT- LSU
  2. Vinny Curry- OLB- Marshall
  3. Philip Blake- C- Baylor
  4. Trumain Johnson- CB/S- Montana
__________________

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,932
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Here's my 4 round mock for us.
  1. Michael Brockers- DT- LSU
  2. Vinny Curry- OLB- Marshall
  3. Philip Blake- C- Baylor
  4. Trumain Johnson- CB/S- Montana
Sign me up! I LOVE it!
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,325
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Here's my 4 round mock for us.
  1. Michael Brockers- DT- LSU
  2. Vinny Curry- OLB- Marshall
  3. Philip Blake- C- Baylor
  4. Trumain Johnson- CB/S- Montana
Nice and simple. I think we improve nicely.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,000
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Here's my 4 round mock for us.

1. Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Ill
2. TRADE Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin (2nd and 4th) to move up to 25-27 range.
3. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
4. Markelle Martin, FS, OSU

Projecting a 4th round for Bowen but who knows...might take a player to close the deal for the trade to move up...idk if we will but I do think we highly covet Konz and will move up to grab him or Zeitler if we view either as a center...because i don't think we have that spot taken care of...screams to me that we are looking there in the draft.

Overall I'm skeptical on Mercilus but I understand how we'd be interested in him. Ideally I think we'd like to move down 5 or so picks and then use that ammo to move up and secure konz/zietler. But both cases would involve a trade partner so I guess we will see how the pieces fall on draft day.

Also not sure what the grade is on Crick...maybe he tape and pro day keep him in the top 2 rounds...but I just have a hard time thinking he will go so high after not playing a whole year...but I guess they say DL goes early...if that is the case I think we might want to look WR/secondary if the DL value is weak.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern California/ Bay Area
Posts: 13,724
Reputation: 488728
RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I thought OLB wasn't that big of a need with Anthony Spencer back?
__________________


Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.