Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
1. Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU - Jerry Jones targets the top available CB in the draft to give Rob Ryan a shutdown cornerback after Terrence Newman moves on.

2. Mark Barron, S, Alabama - One of the top safeties falls to Dallas in the second round. Barron will be an excellent run-stopping, in-the-box safety in Rob Ryan's scheme.

3. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin - The Cowboys get their Center of the future in the third round and promptly relegate Phil Costa to his more deserved role as a backup.

4. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - Martellus Bennet has been disappointing, and who knows how long Jason Witten will play? Fleener has the potential to be a great TE for Tony Romo.

5. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin - Jerry double-dips on Wisconsin offensive linemen. The Cowboys will be extra-strong up front in the future with these big boys on their line, and Tyron Smith / Doug Free developing into Pro Bowlers.

6. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State - The Cowboys decide to take a developmental project in the later rounds to groom into a potential trade piece or successor to Tony Romo. Cousins is a winner with some limitations but also the potential to be a solid NFL QB.

7. Tony Dye, S, UCLA - Jerry decides to take a flier on a talented safety prospect in the 7th round. Dye can start out on special teams and then later have the opportunity to impress Rob Ryan in training camp and possibly earn a starting role.
Just wondering how the Cowboys are going to get a Top 5 overall pick for Claiborne and an extra first rounder for Barron, who will be a Top 25 pick? :o)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention that Fleener will be gone by the 4th. Terrible mock.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoot, There's more talk about this mock than then all of mine combined! Lol

I'm jealous. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Just wondering how the Cowboys are going to get a Top 5 overall pick for Claiborne and an extra first rounder for Barron, who will be a Top 25 pick? :o)
Jerry Jones greases some palms?

Also, I thought most draftniks had Barron as a 2nd round prospect. He's not exactly an elite cover safety and those typically fall out of the first round, no?

And CBs, even ones as great as Claiborne, rarely go top 5. I see Claiborne as more of a top 10-15 guy, which is in range for a Dallas trade-up.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry Jones greases some palms?

Also, I thought most draftniks had Barron as a 2nd round prospect. He's not exactly an elite cover safety and those typically fall out of the first round, no?

And CBs, even ones as great as Claiborne, rarely go top 5. I see Claiborne as more of a top 10-15 guy, which is in range for a Dallas trade-up.
Good for you for sticking to your beliefs. You should've said Claiborne was a trade-up candidate to be clearer.

So with that said.... If we trade up... it better be for a QB. Not a CB. Class is too deep to trade up for one. Especially since he's not elite. This class lacks an elite CB like Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey, Darrelle Revis, etc etc.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a name to remember for maybe the 5th or 6th round.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/sports/...hl_chad01.html

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better not trade up period. Our immediate needs are interior OL, CB, and future S. QB can be those project types as it is a need for about 5 years from now :P

But yeah. Barron in the first is funny. He isn't an elite guy and definitely doesn't have the 'ball-hawk' attributed to 1st round safeties. I wouldn't even have him on our board for the first round.

As long as Fia recovers (which he is reportedly back to working out) I severely doubt we take a FB. He's done really well truth be told.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still in favor of trading down. There's still good value at CB and OG in the early to mid 2nd.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Here's a name to remember for maybe the 5th or 6th round.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/sports/...hl_chad01.html
I just hope Fiammetta comes back healthy. What a tease he has been.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm still in favor of trading down. There's still good value at CB and OG in the early to mid 2nd.
I don't remember that being discussed but yeah, I would definitely agree.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's Dontari Poe's stock at right now? Memphis isn't exactly the most televised team...
Old 11-30-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Where's Dontari Poe's stock at right now? Memphis isn't exactly the most televised team...
i'd say he's a mid 2nd round guy at this point. Scott has had him mocked in the first (even around the middle of the first) and to go that high you need to dominate at the college level, which he hasn't exactly done at Memphis. He's a big man with very good athleticism for his size so there's a team, or several teams, that will want to try and maximize his potential.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
i'd say he's a mid 2nd round guy at this point. Scott has had him mocked in the first (even around the middle of the first) and to go that high you need to dominate at the college level, which he hasn't exactly done at Memphis. He's a big man with very good athleticism for his size so there's a team, or several teams, that will want to try and maximize his potential.
Who do you like between Poe and Ta'amu?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Just an interesting tab bit I saw looking at some scouting reports... Scouts Inc compared Poe's game quiet favorably to Phil Taylor who I was hoping to draft and is having a very solid season in Cleveland. I'll post both scouting reports for anyone interested.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Poe...Ta'amu got completely shut down when he went up against David DeCastro this year and when I look at prospects I feel that's the best way to judge how good they could potentially be, when they go up against someone who considered equally as goodor even better, which in this case DeCastro proved to be far better. I wish I could watch more of Poe to get a better idea at this point, and when it comes to the DT class for this draft I'm having a hard time liking any one of them alot

Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading down is easier said than done. I fear Jerrah getting super cute with the extra picks and getting nothing in return like 2009.

Much of this need talk will be informed by what knocks us out of the playoffs (or worst case, the playoff race), whether it be the secondary being torched, the lack of pass rush or the O line getting trampled on.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Poe...Ta'amu got completely shut down when he went up against David DeCastro this year and when I look at prospects I feel that's the best way to judge how good they could potentially be, when they go up against someone who considered equally as goodor even better, which in this case DeCastro proved to be far better. I wish I could watch more of Poe to get a better idea at this point, and when it comes to the DT class for this draft I'm having a hard time liking any one of them alot
From what I've seen of Ta'amu, he seems to be on roller skates in the fun game much more than he should be at his size.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
From what I've seen of Ta'amu, he seems to be on roller skates in the fun game much more than he should be at his size.
Ranking the senior defensive tackles (note: I think Poe and Wrothy should stay in school and continue to develop bc they haven't been as dominant as I'd like to see but the potential is there to be really good)

1. Billy Wynn : Boise State - He's been a solid player for what seems like forever at Boise State...doesn't necessarily have the ceiling of some of the guys listed below but I think he has one of the higher floors in the draft...I think he works his way into the middle of the 2nd and should be that way

2. Devon Still : Penn State - He struggled significantly against Wisconsin but I don't think the front seven is as good as years past and the Badgers were able to expolit that. I don't see him as anything higher than a Top 45 player though.

3. Derek Wolfe : Cincinnati - Wolfe has great size/athleticism mix for the position and provides scheme flexibility...I don't see enough love for him in the draft community...a guy that could very well be taken in the bottom third of the 2nd round, maybe into the high 3rd

4. Jared Crick : Nebraska - A pectoral injury derailed his season and his game play wasn't too impressive early on, much like he started 2010, but his a very talented player, another guy with scheme flexibility, and the injury shouldn't affect his long term health/durability...I'd say another low 2nd, high 3rd round guy

5. Kendall Reyes : UCONN - He's another one of the guys in the draft, much like the three above him, that's a good athlete for a big guy and has scheme versatility. He's a leader and a guy that has produced throughout his time at UCONN...I'd put him in the middle of the 3rd round

6. Alameda Ta'amu : Washington - I mentioned earlier how I like Poe better than him and he did struggle against DeCastro this year, but he is one of the few nose tackles in this draft and has ability as a run stuffer...I rate him as a bottom of the 3rd round type guy who's more of a rotational player

One guy I was really impressed with when watching the Clemson v. South Carolina game this weekend was Clemson DL Rennie Moore...He's a good athlete but slightly undersized to play inside, but I see him as a guy with potential to be a 5-tech who can put pressure on the quarterback

Last edited by princefielder28 : 12-01-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Based on that crap we saw in AZ last night:

1. Interior OL, Interior OL & Interior OL!!!!!!

2. CB.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I didn't get a chance to say it last week, but I want Jerel Worthy. He would've helped us tonight. Dude is a beast and we need interior defensive line presence in the worst way.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Based on that crap we saw in AZ last night:

1. Interior OL, Interior OL & Interior OL!!!!!!

2. CB.
Based on that 400 yard performance from Eli:

1. CB

2. CB
Old 12-12-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry will target Morris Claiborne in the draft. He'll trade up if he has to.

Book it.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we played ourselves back into Dre Kirpatrick range I think.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well we played ourselves back into Dre Kirpatrick range I think.
I think I like him more as a Safety.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Jerry will target Morris Claiborne in the draft. He'll trade up if he has to.

Book it.
I certainly hope not.