Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

Want to know what all of you're opinions are on him. I have him and Stephon Gilmore as the top rated CB prospects in 2012, with Dennard 1.

He's 5'10 and 201 lbs. Solid size. I see him as a better player than Amukamarah and see Champ Bailey as a comparison. He's physical and can play man and some zone (perfect Tampa 2 cover 2 def.) type of CB.

I had a discussion with a fiew forum bloggers and said he's nothing more than a nickel/dime type of CB and will be vastly overdrafted and should be a 3rd/4th round prospect because he has bad hips and isn't fluid in coverage.

I disagree, but want to get everyones thoughts.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

brilliantly violent jam, god damn he would look good as a steeler.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I hope not. I'm in big ten country, so I'll see a lot of him this year. As a Bucs fan and with Talib's future up in the air after the 2011 season, I see them looking at CB and him or Gilmore would be my #1 choices.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not real big on gilmore, or even kirkpatrick really. Dennard and minnifield are my guys this year as potential steeler corners
Old 08-09-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
not real big on gilmore, or even kirkpatrick really. Dennard and minnifield are my guys this year as potential steeler corners
What do you see in Minnfield? Just curious because the film and games I seen him in, he was burned by solid/better teams and played better against weaker competition. I think he's got bust all over him.

Gilmore reminds me a lot of Aqib Talib (skill set, not character, thank God) and is a physical and rangy ball hawk who might get beat every now and then due to his willingness to gamble.

Janoris Jenkins, if he stays out of trouble, is another guy I like as well.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I agree with you on Dre Kirkpratrick. I don't think he's that good due to all this hype he's getting. I think he'll overdrafted, unless he absolutely plays terrible.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i think jenkins and hosley are fine players but are so contact shy...great cover guys and likely ballhawks but undersized and weak tacklers...some teams dont mind that but the steelers DBs all tackle WAY better than they cover...its kinda depressing sometimes.

minnifield filled in nicely for dowling last year, i think he grows nicely as a player this year. his ability reminds me a lot of revis ( i wasnt sold on revis by any means nor am i eluding minnifield is gonna be anywhere near that level) but when you watch minnifield you can see hes got natural technique that when fine tuned has the potential for dominance as a corner, not super polished but the skills are naturally there which makes coaching him up so much easier. Good speed, good tackler/, good returner, and exceptional hands/ball skills.

hes got work to do this year now that hes the #1 guy at virginia, but imo he'll be a better prospect than cook and dowling as a corner and they were both what? top 34 picks?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Janoris Jenkins has such amazing cover skills. Only problems are inconsistent tackling and his character issues.

I really like Dre' Kirkpatrick and Xavier Rhodes though.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i love rhodes...not sure if hed come out though
Old 08-09-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Bolden of Arizona St. was the best corner that the UW Huskies faced last year but you'd have to throw Dennard in the same boat.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what I posted in the Bucs forum.

What I see with Dennard is:

-Short (5'10, maybe shorter)
-Stocky. He's listed at well over 200 lbs. Not a good weight at his height
-Stiff, extremely so. He's got the hips that you'd expect from someone so stocky and tightly wound. He really has trouble transitioning his breaks in his backpedal and trail technique. When the receiver gets away from him he doesn't flip his hips, but turns his body around with his back to the QB. He also falls down when he tries to break on the ball. His hips are just awful, and you can tell by looking at him and seeing the results of his movement on the field.
-Slow. Not awfully slow to the point where he can't cut it, but in combination with his lack of size and hips...it's not good. His speed is below-average by my estimates, but you really need to be a burner if you're gonna play at a high level with hips as bad as he has.

He's physical and has good cover skills so I can buy that he's a good player in college, but he'll get absolutely toasted in the NFL and there's no defense to mask his deficiencies. Like I said before, Captain Munnerlyn at least has long speed and return ability to make up for his small stature and robotic hips. Brandon Flowers is small and has average speed but he has excellent hips and burst so he's a great zone corner. Dennard brings nothing to the table in the NFL. I'm tempted to say UDFA but he's getting so much hype that I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, somewhat.

Champ Bailey is an awful comparison. Bailey is 6' 190 (lean) with elite speed and hips. He was a 2-way player at Georgia and is one of the best overall athletes to play the position. Dennard is stocky, slow and has brutal hips. He's basically the opposite of Bailey.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

im gonna disagree with some of that...first i wouldnt call him short, maybe average height and hes definitely has a very unusual, thick build for a corner but i think in the steelers zone blitz he would be great. he can really mix it up with WRs at the line and the steelers corners play 5-8 yards off the ball in zone, i think thats a perfect defense for him to be in and would easily be the best bet to mask his less than ideal hips.

i just really think hes a good player, not the smoothest but UDFA is way extreme, im betting he puts up a good year as their #1 corner this year.

what do you think about minnifield? i love him too, but for completely different reasons
Old 08-10-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Patrick Peterson has an extremely thick build for a CB as well and the same was said about his hips and whether or not he can play CB. Yet, he was a top 5 pick as a CB.

If you're going to make Dennard's build as thick and slow, thats where you're wrong.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Patrick Peterson has an extremely thick build for a CB as well and the same was said about his hips and whether or not he can play CB. Yet, he was a top 5 pick as a CB.

If you're going to make Dennard's build as thick and slow, thats where you're wrong.
I haven't paid enough attention to Dennard to know whether I agree with etk, but using Peterson is not a good argument. Peterson is enormous by NFL CB standards and runs a sub 4.4 40 to go along with solid overall athleticism. He's a bit stiff in the hips but that's pretty much his only physical flaw.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im gonna disagree with some of that...first i wouldnt call him short, maybe average height and hes definitely has a very unusual, thick build for a corner but i think in the steelers zone blitz he would be great. he can really mix it up with WRs at the line and the steelers corners play 5-8 yards off the ball in zone, i think thats a perfect defense for him to be in and would easily be the best bet to mask his less than ideal hips.

i just really think hes a good player, not the smoothest but UDFA is way extreme, im betting he puts up a good year as their #1 corner this year.

what do you think about minnifield? i love him too, but for completely different reasons
Brandon Harris was listed at 5'11 in college and measured in at a hair under 5'10 at the combine (over 5'10 at his pro day). He's considered short. Dennard is absolutely short...he's listed at 5'10 and looks even shorter because of how wide he is.

I understand what you like about him, but I don't see where he fits in the NFL because of his shortcomings. Even the Steelers couldn't mask his deficiencies imo, and he definitely can't play in a Cover 2 because he's slow out of his breaks.

I like Minnifield, but I don't love him. He does some things extremely well: he's long and has great closing speed/burst coming out of his backpedal. He's also a playmaker who can highpoint the ball. He gets beat a lot in college because UVA plays him in off-man trail technique and he has average hips and agility. He's at his best dropping back and keeping the play in front of him so he can use his quickness and length to break on the ball. He'd work well in a zone or in man as long as he doesn't have to mirror the receiver and trail. Bump-and-run is OK for him but pure off-man is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Peterson is long and lean. He might be 215 lbs. but it's spread over his length and he doesn't look bulky. Dennard is stocky and bulky which is not good for a CB. Chris Houston has a build like that only smaller and Houston is much faster, more explosive and more fluid an athlete than Dennard...and he's a bust. There's no precedent for corners with Dennard's build and athletic deficiencies.

Like ChiFan said, Peterson is only a bit stiff in the hips. That argument has been blown way out of proportion to reach for weaknesses in an elite athlete. Dennard's hips are woeful, like Joe Haden x10. He's constantly slipping and struggling to turn his body around.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Harris was small more than he was short though, nobody is gonna mistake dennard for brandon harris even if they are both the same height. I think his build is very unique, but i think it could be a favorable trait as well

nevermind edit:

thats prince and dennard...prince listed at 6-0, brandon harris is 5-9 and change...considerably shorter than both

Last edited by K Train : 08-12-2011 at 01:19 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't consider Dennard to be on the same level as Amukamara, although this year he should receive considerably less targets.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennard Arrested for Punching Police Officer

Pretty dumb thing to do a week before the draft..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Dennard Arrested for Punching Police Officer

Pretty dumb thing to do a week before the draft..
Hopefully that means the Patriots won't draft him.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You weren't kidding. Just ask that cop he hit.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that'll probably drop him 2 rounds, maybe more

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is just ********. I can defend guys like Jenkins and Mike Adams who just like smoking weed... but punching a cop in the face 5 days before you're about to get a multi-million dollar contract? I don't even know how to comprehend that.

That being said, as long as he is on the field (doesn't get significant jail time which I doubt), if someone gets him in the 5th or 6th round that's a major steal.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This caps off the worst offseason possible for him. He did everything he could to drop his stock.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I cannot see a single player that's done more to destroy their future than this guy. He's teetering on the edge of the "worst stock plummet" along with Vontaze Burfict. He might still get drafted on his ability, but it's not going to be real high.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always thought he was overrated anyway but obviously this doesn't help. He'll be a potential steal in the late rounds though.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote