Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 08-09-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Freeman still needs to "Grow"

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...can-be/1184985

Apparently, his coaches are saying he has a lot of growing to do as a passer. If thats the case, that's even better for the Bucs and scary for the rest of the league because what I saw last year was insane from a 2nd year, 22 year old QB. However, I think Olsen and the rest of the coaches need to trust him more in redzone situations.

For example, the Atlanta game at Atlanta, in 4 down territory, threw 1 pass.

Detroit, 3rd and 7, at the 12, they run it. They learned to trust him in New Orleans in critical situations and that paid off.

Even the Baltimore game, with 10 minutes to go, they should have let Freeman open up the offense in no -huddle and call the plays. When they finally did that, he played great, but it was too late.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if Jacory Harris is our QB. When the defense loads up the box and we have a poor short-yardage back, throwing is a no-brainer.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't even see this thread. But, i was actually thinking about this the other day. Freeman didn't even reach his peak yet. If he takes another big step this season our D can be the worst in the league, and he'll still manage to win it.

Also i like the idea of not blowing money like crazy in FA. We won't lose key players to free Agency down the road, and be able to lock everyone up before holdouts :)

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Didn't even see this thread. But, i was actually thinking about this the other day. Freeman didn't even reach his peak yet. If he takes another big step this season our D can be the worst in the league, and he'll still manage to win it.

Also i like the idea of not blowing money like crazy in FA. We won't lose key players to free Agency down the road, and be able to lock everyone up before holdouts :)
NFL players usually reach their prime around 27-28. The sky is the limit for Josh.

Our D should improve. The defensive front is the most important position group in football next to QB and we've upgraded it significantly. Ruud is addition by subtraction and the return of TJax will be huge as he can be the leader of the defense and give us some consistent play at FS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
NFL players usually reach their prime around 27-28. The sky is the limit for Josh.

Our D should improve. The defensive front is the most important position group in football next to QB and we've upgraded it significantly. Ruud is addition by subtraction and the return of TJax will be huge as he can be the leader of the defense and give us some consistent play at FS.

Yeah i know, i meant like improvement. Unlike some QBs (Matt Ryan for example) that barely look any diffrent the next season.

BUT..

Speaking of T-Jax ... The depth at S is so good right now. You think he'll have to battle for his job when he returns? I actually like the idea of Grimm moving over to SS (better suited for it, plus Sean Jones is ***).

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson will be straight back on the roster, but he will have to compete for his starting position. It might take a few weeks or months but I think he will earn it back because he is by far and away the best safety we have.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The thing is there is a salary floor now so the bucs HAVE to spend like $40 mil by march of 2012.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
The thing is there is a salary floor now so the bucs HAVE to spend like $40 mil by march of 2012.
Salary Floor doesn't take effect until 2013. I'm pretty sure a few young guys will have extensions by then.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
Yea. It's March, 2013. By that time, I believe we'll start locking up guys like Mike Williams, Josh Freeman, EJ Biggers, maybe Talib and Blount.

Don't forget, McCoy's contract will get expensive by that time as well, I think he's due 9 million in 2013 and 2014.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When comparing Freeman to the other QBs in the division, and young QBs in general...

The guy already established himself as elite in the last 8 games last season when he tossed 15 TDs and only 1 INT. At 23 years of age, Freeman is coming off a wildly successful 2nd season, other QBs his age are getting ready for their rookie seasons or beginning their redshirt senior seasons.

Compare Freeman to Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers or any other NFC QB and look at how they did in season #2. Freeman blew them all away. His hugely impressive 6'6 250 lb frame helped, his rocket arm was a big factor, his tremendous mobility was a nice bonus, his outstanding accuracy was important, but what makes Freeman so special is his awesome work ethic. Despite his extraordinary physical gifts, he works as hard as Peyton Manning, has the calm demeanor of Joe Montana, and is dedicated to the game like John Elway.

And no, we can't go solely by the fact that Freeman's QB rating was higher than both Ryan's and Brees' last season, or the fact that Ryan didn't have a season that was even comparable to Freeman's until his 3rd season (when he was 25) or Brees have one comparable to Freeman's until his 4th season (when he was also 25-Freeman was 22 last season, BTW), but the fact that Freeman has been soooo good at such a young age, it is only natural that one would believe that he will continue to improve when he is at an age where Ryan was a rookie and Brees hadn't even made his first professional start.

So, to sum up, Freeman is at an age where neither Brees nor Ryan had ever started a game yet coming off a season that it took Ryan 3 years to come close to and Brees 4 seasons to come close to... plus Freeman is getting better as most 23 year old QBs do, Brees is 32 and looked to have regressed badly last season (22 INTs), Ryan is pretty good, but he is no Freeman.

BTW, isn't it time to stop referring to Aaron Rodgers as a good YOUNG QB? He turns 28 this season... that's not that young.. heck, even Matt Ryan at 26 isn't exactly wet behind the ears.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Jackson will be straight back on the roster, but he will have to compete for his starting position. It might take a few weeks or months but I think he will earn it back because he is by far and away the best safety we have.
He's in great shape and already knows the defense. Rah has talked about how he feels we can bring in a safety and have him ready to play in a week or less. I don't remember who but it was an UDFA we brought in late in the year and he would've got significant PT if Asante went down...Rah had full confidence in him regardless.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-15-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
He's in great shape and already knows the defense. Rah has talked about how he feels we can bring in a safety and have him ready to play in a week or less. I don't remember who but it was an UDFA we brought in late in the year and he would've got significant PT if Asante went down...Rah had full confidence in him regardless.
If/when TJack comes back, the Bucs will be given a 3-6 week roster/practice exemption, meaning he can practice with the team during that time and not be activated to get him into game shape. If the Bucs are smart and are playing well at the safety position at the time, they'll take the full amount of time and wait to make the move and use the exemption like a player on the practice squad and be able to plug TJack in if a player isn't cutting it or is injured.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Josh Freeman didn';t think his performance against KC was anywhere near good and was unhappy with it.

I thought it was solid/good for a 1st game back since January. Had 2 dropped balls, but he's still very accurate. You could see the timing he's had with Strougter and Briscoe and it showed with Mike WIll as well on some of the passes.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Josh stats were horrible, but that is mostly due to our line not giving him one second to throw.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-19-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Josh stats were horrible, but that is mostly due to our line not giving him one second to throw.
Trust me, he's going to be up at 6:00 am tomorrow in the film rook and working hard to make sure this performance won't happen again;. It's the type of QB he is. He wants/has to be perfect and won't settle for anything else. That is why he's going to be a top 5 QB in this league.