Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results: When does True get benched?
Week 1-3 2 66.67%
Week 4-8 0 0%
Week 9-12 1 33.33%
Preseason 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default When does Trueblood get benched?

I didnt care that we re-signed him and massively overpaid but i cant believe we are handing him the starting job. He is terrible, and James Lee totally outperformed him last season.

What week will the coaches realize what they already knew last season and bench True for Lee? Hopefully it doesnt take a free run at Freeman for them to make the call.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

might need to change your sig, bro.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think True fits our O-Line better this year than Lee.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
might need to change your sig, bro.
I'm using it as a lesson to never get my hopes up.

Caddy- you have to pass protect in any system and Trueblood is just terrible at that.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, but you act like he falls on his face every time he tries to pass protect, which is just not true. He is not the greatest, but he is serviceable in that regard. The coaching staff clearly think he has a role to play and I'm willing to go with that. If he plays bad, worst thing that could happen is James Lee goes back to the starting group.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee looked like Trueblood Jr out there tonight. He got flagged 3 times?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Lee looked like Trueblood Jr out there tonight. He got flagged 3 times?
Trueblood is Kenyatta Walker 2.0, so it make sense that his backup (the guy who is supposed to be learning from him) is Kenyatta Walker 3.0.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RIGHT TACKLE: James Lee's holding penalty negated a pass completion that would have set up a first-and-goal in the third quarter.

Lee also missed a block in the second quarter that resulted in a Chiefs defender blowing by him, leaving QB Josh Johnson scrambling.

Lee has been relegated to No. 2 right tackle behind Jeremy Trueblood, who started. Coach Raheem Morris has said he considers the two to be in a position battle, but at first glimpse, Trueblood will remain No. 1.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...kfield/1185844
Old 08-13-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trueblood has been impressive and this o-line blocking scheme fits him. He outplayed Lee last night clearly but it's only game 1. The only problem is Trueblood makes boneheaded plays in the past. Sometimes, o-lineman can take a while to develop, even 5 years or so. Look at Gallary. I think he'll be alright if he keeps his head straight.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Trueblood has been impressive and this o-line blocking scheme fits him. He outplayed Lee last night clearly but it's only game 1. The only problem is Trueblood makes boneheaded plays in the past. Sometimes, o-lineman can take a while to develop, even 5 years or so. Look at Gallary. I think he'll be alright if he keeps his head straight.
I agree. Trueblood doesn't have any physical issues that prevent him from being a good pass blocker. He used to overextend his kick slides and get off balance, and he also let rushers get into his body too much and use his momentum against him. Those are technical problems. He used to be a bonehead but that's in the past, and I like having a "bodyguard" to protect Freeman in case dirty scum like Suh try to toss him around. The 15 yard penalty is worth it if the lesson is taught to the defense.

Lee had an awful game. I was a fan of his going into this year but with Morris taking over as OL coach and Trueblood looking good...there's no debate over who should start.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. ^^

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed ETK. Plus, Davin and Trueblood were terrible fits in the ZBS. They are back into a more comfortable scheme. Joseph used to be a 320 lb mauler and then had to drop weight to be quicker. He's back to his weight and will be HUGE, as long as he's healthy.

Yeah. BTW, I think Freeman can take Suh anyways. Never will forget the stiff arm by Free to avoid the sack on Suh. That was beast.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our o-line looked like **** vs New England.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote