Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pass Rush

looks like Tamba's gonna have some help finally getting after the QB.Houston looked like a beast, Sheffield had a good game and heck even T-Jax was all over Flacco.hopfully Sheffield and Houston build off last night cause definately saw some potential
Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Studebaker has no business starting. I like the kid and glad to have him on the team he just isn't a starter.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're basing that off limited action in a preseason game? When Sheffield and Houston mostly went up against second teamers? I'm really glad you're not making personnel decisions for the Chiefs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have reservations about Sheffield. He may play at this level, but pass rush will never be his strength. Houston, in contrast, looks born to rush. Gabe Miller is showing promise. In 2-3 years I have hopes those two will be Merriman and Spencer.

The name everyone is forgetting finished second in sacks to Hali: Wallace Gilberry. Dorsey is not a player to pressure off the edge, but WG makes up for it. By all accounts, he has done his weight room time. We may see him in more medium yardage situations, since he is not an obvious target for the running game. As much as people claim this was a one man rush, Gilberry proves it wasnt.

And do not forget the Alpha Dog, Allen Bailey. He is a natural 3-4 DE, who has played 4-3 all his life. Once he figures a few things out, his natural ability will get some pressure.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You're basing that off limited action in a preseason game? When Sheffield and Houston mostly went up against second teamers? I'm really glad you're not making personnel decisions for the Chiefs.
Same goes for you you would have cut Thomas Jones...

But seriously I'm not just basing if off of this year I just don't feel he is a starter.

I'm not saying that Sheffield or Houston are the answer I'm not sure the answer is on the roster.

I think it's going to be OLB by committee at that spot.

Last edited by Splat : 08-20-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would cut Thomas Jones right now. I'm tired of watching him run into his own offensive line or make a beeline for the sidelines. He's Larry Johnson 2.0, except his assaults are against his own teammates and not women.

As far as Studebaker, I don't know if he's the answer either (and I don't think Belcher is the answer long term inside) but I'd at least give him a shot before I replaced him. Houston might be a player in this league, but he needs to let RAC coach him up more and he needs to work hard if he wants to play opposite Tamba.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm gunna bring it back up. i feel it's obvious that Houston needs to be on the field on passing downs, but can he develop the other skills necessary to become a starter opposite Hali? having a pass rusher opposite Hali is going to be HUGE for this defense and the further development of the secondary. if Houston can play the run and cover his zone at 3/4 of what Studebaker can, then he needs to start. also, does he have a position when we're in nickle?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Honestly, from the last few games I think Houston might already be a better fit for this scheme than Studebaker. He played in it at Georgia and he already sets the edge well and doesn't let things outside.

I still think Studebaker deserves a shot, but I expect Houston to be starting by week 3.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Study moving inside and being the utility backer. Houston is a monster and Sheffield isn't too much worse.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least we're in agreement. that means that the coaches have to see it too. i know that Haley and Crennel will make a rook earn his stripes and playing time, but Houston is easily our best option at OLB opposite Hali.

nepg, i like Study as Jack-of-all-Master-of-none player in this defense. playing as an ILB he'd play the run well and be 1 heck of a blitzer from that position. LB depth is key to keeping your studs fresh in a 34. Study is definitely good depth.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pass rush needs major upgrading. I do not think it is an issue via OLB opposite Hali since the scheme does not call for absolute rush opposite Hali. They are more used for situational edge rush but more edge setting and also covering TEs and dropping into zone. The pass rush needs to come from the DEs, and by pressure I do not mean Jared Allen type pass rush. They need to be able to contain blockers/puss them back in to the pocket causing QB pressures. Sacks are overrated, it about Qb pressures. QB pressures cause early, off balance wayward throws where the Chiefs skilled secondary can make plays. So n essence the defensive end position in the base defense must be upgraded. I like Bailey and Gilberry in the nickle situations, they do an above average job with QB pressures.

Dorsey and Tjax are not creating any pressure themselves. The way RAC draws it up is not for the OLB opposite Tamba to do the pass rushing but the 5 techs to do something!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the pass rush is a problem. I'd like to see them bring more pressure from the inside, but Houston and Hali were getting held and facemasked all game long tonight. If the Chiefs were a better, more well-known unit they'd be getting those calls.

Crennel likes to bring guys in from the secondary, but they're so banged up and unathletic with Berry injured, it's really tough to find a spot where you're comfortable leaving a safety out to dry in man coverage so you can take a shot at the QB.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish we'd stop sending Houston into coverage.when he's in just tell him to attack the QB
Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Houston has to learn coverage, especially in this defense. I'd love to see him rush the passer too, but he is being taught how to be a COMPLETE LB, and that is important.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Houston has to learn coverage, especially in this defense. I'd love to see him rush the passer too, but he is being taught how to be a COMPLETE LB, and that is important.
Even though I get frustrated at how many time I see Houston dropping into coverage instead of pass-rushing, gotta agree here. Crennel isn't going to send his strongside backer into rush an awful lot.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

And Houston has looked good in coverage. The big pass he gave up to the RB was perfect coverage. The kid is a beast.