Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: How many games would the Colts win this year if Peyton Manning didn't play?
Less than 4 68 48.57%
4-5 46 32.86%
6-7 17 12.14%
8-9 5 3.57%
10+ 4 2.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colts without Manning: How many wins?

A little disclaimer first: I fully feel as though Manning will be ready to start this season.

But, the possibility of his absence makes me wonder....if Peyton were to miss this season (hypothetically,) how many wins would the Colts have?

I mean, if you look at the rest of that roster...a rather lousy offensive line and a defense that has been, is, and seemingly always will be susceptible to the run, headed by Curtis Painter or Dan Orlovsky at QB...it doesn't look pretty.

They do have a collection of good receiving threats and pass rushers, but I don't think it would be enough to keep this team anywhere near playoff contention.

So, what do you think? How many games would the Colts win this season if Peyton Manning didn't play?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And for the record, I think they would be a 5 win team.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring on the Andrew Luck era.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna be that guy and say none. Sorry but give me a break with this Curtis Painter business.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went less than 4. They're absolute garbage without him. I would actually side with CC.SD here, they may not win any.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I never in my life thought I'd be defending the Colts in something....but 0? They still have a good set of targets for _______ to throw to, including some pro bowlers. Plus, I think Dan Orlovsky won at least a couple games with the Lions. He could probably win a couple with the Colts if he was able to do that.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Curtis Painter starting? 4 wins max.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-5 wins with Curtis Painter.

10+ wins if they trade for Josh Johnson.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, obviously 0 is extreme on a historical level but I think it's a possibility here. I would hope Reggie and Clark could put some points on the board for a couple games. I am interested to see Ernie Sims in their D, stupidly enough.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Complex...10+? Really? Do they get to play the Titans 10 times?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Complex voted 10+, not 0-10! Silly BB!

Fun fact: Jim Caldwell is actually a hologram.

See? Completely see through.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 08-22-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Fun fact: Jum Caldwell is his brother.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Caldwell is just an android created by Bill Polian to provide the "illusion" of a coach while Peyton runs the show.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What can I say I believe in the Painter.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to put it simply: that team is terrible without peyton. not below average. terrible. combine that with the fact that his backups suck pretty badly and its clear theyd be cakewalks for the bottom feeders of the league.

if they had an average qb as the backup, say garrard or something, id say maybe 5 or 6. that team is built to win with a high scoring offense, only peyton can really handle that with their personnel.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Alright, it seems like no one....except for Complex...thinks that the Colts would be anything worthwhile.

Now, lets say they sign Brett Favre like Jim Irsay was joking (I hope joking...) change anything? Slightly better? WORSE even?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they got Farve I think it'd be the same thing as having Painter in there. At Farve's age 1 solid hit and Painter will probably get 15+ games of action.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre is still better than Painter. Painter is miserable. I'm not sure if anybody saw Painter play the Jets and the Bills at the end of the 09-10 season but he was absolutely terrible.

Painter- 4 win team
Favre- 6-7 win team
Manning- 10+

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with 4 or 5. Peyton Manning really makes that team. He's that good, and it's why he's paid so much.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought Manning was going to start opening day, no?

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-22-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Thought Manning was going to start opening day, no?
Read the disclaimer...it's the very first line of the very first post...
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Read the disclaimer...it's the very first line of the very first post...
ahah, my bad i'm kinda ****** up right about now.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Favre, if he decides to sign and play one more year, then probably a 6 to 8 win team. Without Favre or Manning they win 3-5 games max.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we make it that when someone types Favre it comes up as *****?

I don't even want to see his name on here.

Last edited by Splat : 08-22-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-13. They'd suck so badly.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Ok, looking at Painter...

I would change my vote to 0 wins.