Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: How many games would the Colts win this year if Peyton Manning didn't play?
Less than 4 68 48.57%
4-5 46 32.86%
6-7 17 12.14%
8-9 5 3.57%
10+ 4 2.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Manning is this bad off then I have no interest in a 6-10 season. Just tank and get Luck next year. He can sit for 2 years and be the the Steve Young to Manning's Joe Montana.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like next year's potential QBs over this past years....I'd have any of Luck, Barkley, or Landry Jones rated higher than than the more raw, more heavily flawed prospects of last year.

I don't think the Colts will take a QB, even if they have a high pick. The hubris of the Polians probably wouldn't allow for it. If you had had a top 10 pick, they'll probably draft a WR or RB. Then they'll ride Manning until he's completely shot.

The only reason the 49ers got Steve Young is because he busted with the Bucs first then they took him off the trash heap. The Packers only got Aaron Rodgers because he fell much further than anyone would have expected.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I like next year's potential QBs over this past years....I'd have any of Luck, Barkley, or Landry Jones rated higher than than the more raw, more heavily flawed prospects of last year.

I don't think the Colts will take a QB, even if they have a high pick. The hubris of the Polians probably wouldn't allow for it. If you had had a top 10 pick, they'll probably draft a WR or RB. Then they'll ride Manning until he's completely shot.

The only reason the 49ers got Steve Young is because he busted with the Bucs first then they took him off the trash heap. The Packers only got Aaron Rodgers because he fell much further than anyone would have expected.
I would not yet lump Chris Polian in with his dad. The '11 draft was his first and it at least has the potential to be a very good one. Irsay needs to put the bong down for a few minutes and realize Bill has lost whatever he had, it's his time to go for good. He doesn't need to hang around deciding when to interject his nebulous authority.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-24-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Collins might not retire and instead sign with the Colts? Yikes they are desperate.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Kerry Collins might not retire and instead sign with the Colts? Yikes they are desperate.
It's not a might, he has signed with the Colts.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If Manning is this bad off then I have no interest in a 6-10 season. Just tank and get Luck next year. He can sit for 2 years and be the the Steve Young to Manning's Joe Montana.
At least you guys will get good draft position when your Qb goes down, we just went 11-5 to miss the playoffs and pick in the middle of the pack. But The Colts getting luck would be just unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to think Manning won't be 100%

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
At least you guys will get good draft position when your Qb goes down, we just went 11-5 to miss the playoffs and pick in the middle of the pack. But The Colts getting luck would be just unfair.
Would you rather have an organization run so poorly that losing one player completely unravels the whole team? I'd love to have a system where a backup can play well enough with the rest of the team to get 11 wins.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats, NE sucks, etc etc. But I would love to have an NE-caliber coaching staff and similar roster depth.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-24-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What? They replaced the entire roster in the last 3 (which you conveniently left out) drafts and have maintained their dominance over the AFC East... Lay off the crack.

And most people graded the '06 draft as one of - if not the best draft that year.
I said the 2010 draft was a good one, but the 09 draft is a C at best. And who cares about what the draft grade was after the draft, it turned out to be an F.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The patriots have had a few years of bad drafting, omg seriously they are so bad at drafting that they somehow manage to be playoff bound year in and out. There are far worse drafting teams in the last ten years than the patriots, so you can sit there and throw a couple of years at us but again we pretty much hit on every pick last year and this year is looking like it will be solid as well, non of us Pats fans are really concerned.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would you rather have an organization run so poorly that losing one player completely unravels the whole team? I'd love to have a system where a backup can play well enough with the rest of the team to get 11 wins.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats, NE sucks, etc etc. But I would love to have an NE-caliber coaching staff and similar roster depth.
But, hey... Andrew Luck!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stick by my 6-7 games, with Kerry Collins especially.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll manage a handful of wins with Kerry Collins, I'd say .500. Then Manning returns.

Reggie Wayne is apparently real confident with Painter at QB. His quote about bringing Collins in was interesting.

Quote:
We don't even know him, we ain't vanilla, man, we ain't no simple offense. So for him to can come in here and be the starter, I don't see it. I think that's a step back.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except Manning can play for maybe five more years, if not potentially more. Paying Andrew Luck to sit on the bench would be pretty dumb. The Colts should use that opportunity to actually get better players around Manning so they could actually have the chance to win a game if he or any other franchise quarterback ever went down.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Wayne shouldn't have said anything, Collins is going to be alot better of an option than Painter.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Except Manning can play for maybe five more years, if not potentially more. Paying Andrew Luck to sit on the bench would be pretty dumb. The Colts should use that opportunity to actually get better players around Manning so they could actually have the chance to win a game if he or any other franchise quarterback ever went down.
Couldn't agree more. The Colts could really use an O-Line (Khalil, Martin, Rieff). QB is not where they go in the first, second, or even third round as long as Peyton breathes. Especially when a vet, such as Collins, can be had without sacrificing a pick.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Collins.. ill say 7-8 wins. its not like hes throwing to nobodies.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Kerry Collins.. ill say 7-8 wins. its not like hes throwing to nobodies.
The only person i have real confidence in is Dallas Clark. Reggie Wayne is old. An you really think he can elevate the play of players like Pierre Garcon, Gonzo, or Blair White? White and Garcon would be practice squad players without Peyton Manthang.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
The only person i have real confidence in is Dallas Clark. Reggie Wayne is old. An you really think he can elevate the play of players like Pierre Garcon, Gonzo, or Blair White? White and Garcon would be practice squad players without Peyton Manthang.
Since when is 32 old for a wide receiver?

Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If Manning's neck is bad enough to miss games this year he will not play 5 more years. Without the neck injury I would expect another 5 years but this isn't a new problem with his neck, and if it's really bad enough for him to lose his consecutive starts streak, it's bad enough that I doubt he plays more than 3 more years.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
If Manning's neck is bad enough to miss games this year he will not play 5 more years. Without the neck injury I would expect another 5 years but this isn't a new problem with his neck, and if it's really bad enough for him to lose his consecutive starts streak, it's bad enough that I doubt he plays more than 3 more years.
Regardless that doesn't warrant drafting Andrew Luck if the Colts had the first overall pick. Unless Peyton Manning can't play again, it doesn't warrant the selection if the Colts had it. Brady lost his consecutive starts streak a few years back and he's coming off an MVP season. Manning, just like Brady has been this tough for years. His rehab has been slow though, due in part because he was unable to work out with team trainers during the NFL lockout.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-25-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoot, I'd say if the Colts tanked enough to get the 1st overall pick, trade down and really load up and get depth on the roster.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Regardless that doesn't warrant drafting Andrew Luck if the Colts had the first overall pick. Unless Peyton Manning can't play again, it doesn't warrant the selection if the Colts had it. Brady lost his consecutive starts streak a few years back and he's coming off an MVP season. Manning, just like Brady has been this tough for years. His rehab has been slow though, due in part because he was unable to work out with team trainers during the NFL lockout.
Which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. He is a multi-millionaire. He could go through rehab anywhere he wanted. If he actually waited to do any rehab at all until after the lockout then he really screwed himself and the team.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. He is a multi-millionaire. He could go through rehab anywhere he wanted. If he actually waited to do any rehab at all until after the lockout then he really screwed himself and the team.
It may just be a matter of working with certain individuals that he's accustomed to and certain trainers being familiar with how his body operates and how to handle it. Finding professional NFL trainers to help you rehab isn't easy especially when you aren't allowed to associate with them.

Back to the main point, if last year proved anything it's that the Colts need to surround Manning with more talent. They barely made 10-6 last year with Manning doing way too much for that team. It's time to build a better supporting cast, something the Colts haven't had in like five years.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-25-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
It may just be a matter of working with certain individuals that he's accustomed to and certain trainers being familiar with how his body operates and how to handle it.
Like I said, stupid. This is the same type of thinking that at one time forced him to take polaroid pictures of his wardrobe because he couldn't just look at his clothes and figure out if they matched.

I understand being more comfortable with this or that medical person, but that is not a good reason to put rehab off for months, especially if it results in missed games.

i done stole dis sig