Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think tyrann mathieu has to make an appearance sometime soon... keeps causing turnovers and is arguably the best player on one of the best defenses in the country
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weird that you guys posted, I was going to update this earlier today but had to run and honestly didn't feel like putting the thought into it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Heisman Watch Post Week 3:

1. Kellen Moore, QB Boise State
2. Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina
3. Robert Griffin, QB Baylor
4. Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
5. Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin
6. Taylor Martinez, QB Nebraska
7. Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
8. Geno Smith, QB West Virginia
9. Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
10. Case Keenum, QB Houston
The top really remains the same.

Heisman Watch Post Week 4:

2. Robert Griffin, QB Baylor
3. Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina
4. Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin
5. Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
6. Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
7. Lamichael James, RB Oregon
8. Taylor Martinez, QB Nebraska
9. Tyrann Mathieu, CB LSU
10. Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma

We're about two weeks away from this really taking shape, in my opinion.

I really wanted to find a spot for Taj Boyd, QB Clemson but it wasn't in the cards this week. Lucky for him, he has a game in Blacksburg this weekend. Step up Boyd. If he wins with a good performance, he's easily top 5. Beating three ranked opponents won't go unnoticed. If you swapped him in for Landry right now, I wouldn't dispute that.

If you remember, I eliminated Lamichael James for disappearing against LSU week one, and missing on a huge opportunity for a Heisman moment. That was the biggest game on Oregon's schedule. And still is. But even I can't ignore 288 yards on the ground. So for now, he's back. He still won't be in the top 3 without a 'Heisman moment' but he's put himself back on the conversation. The disappearing act against LSU is almost excusable at this point with how well LSU is playing.

Speaking of LSU's defense, Tyrann Mathieu, CB LSU and one of my picks for breakout players of the year is on the list. He's a baller, no really other way to say it. The measurables aren't there but he produces and is certainly a talent to keep an eye on.

Andrew Luck was knocked down because of an off week for Stanford, and really an underwhelming season thus far as far as the Heisman goes.

You'll notice that the top 3 in QB rating are represented here, as well as the top two rushers in the country.

Now, tear it apart.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baylor has only played one legitimate team, but RG3 has more touchdowns (13) than incompletions (12). That's ridiculous.

Also, Landry Jones shall now be referred to as Laundry Jones.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's Boyd's team but Sammy Watkins anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

taj boyd and chris rainey are right outside the top 10 for me, so i agree with the list. mathieu will move into my top five if he balls against bama like he did against oregon and west virginia. rainey can make his way into the legitimate discussion with a big game against alabama and will get some serious love if florida manages to take down both bama and lsu, but i doubt that.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I know it's Boyd's team but Sammy Watkins anyone?
Sammy Watkins is legit, but like you said it's Boyd's team.

And in response to you, no problem. It'll be cool to look at this when the final count does come around. I don't think I'm mirroring any lists by any sites because I really don't think anyone does it aside from ESPN, but if it does look that way, I promise these lists are 100 percent original and that's what makes it fun on a week to week basis.

Rainey is fringe right now with the likes of Denard Robinson, who most have a lot higher than they should. Guilty for that once.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sammy Watkins is legit, but like you said it's Boyd's team.

And in response to you, no problem. It'll be cool to look at this when the final count does come around. I don't think I'm mirroring any lists by any sites because I really don't think anyone does it aside from ESPN, but if it does look that way, I promise these lists are 100 percent original and that's what makes it fun on a week to week basis.

Rainey is fringe right now with the likes of Denard Robinson, who most have a lot higher than they should. Guilty for that once.
I'm not following no one elses list, but your's weekly so don't slip up on us with the weekly updates

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I'm not following no one elses list, but your's weekly so don't slip up on us with the weekly updates
They'll be up on Tuesdays, most likely. The weekend, then the case of the Mondays always delays everything.

So, what's the discussion here? No debate? I has a sad.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:47 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doubt he gets serious Heisman talk unless SC starts dominating but I think one could make a case for Robert Woods being the best football player in the nation.

Last edited by TACKLE : 09-28-2011 at 03:55 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I had Ray Graham on the list after Week One and rightfully so, but as much as he's done for Pittsburgh this season I'm not sure it can make up for their lack of team success. As we all know, the Heisman is very contingent on team success as much as individual play.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Still no Miller Time????? He is killing defenses! It has to be a crime he does not get consideration as a Top 10 guy as of now through 3 games.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still no Miller Time????? He is killing defenses! It has to be a crime he does not get consideration as a Top 10 guy as of now through 3 games.

He's not gonna get any Heisman talk because Miami is not good.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
He's not gonna get any Heisman talk because Miami is not good.
That's Larceny!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
That's Larceny!
i'm thinking you might want to double check your word choice there. also, miller is not even in the discussion.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's Larceny!
Yeah wc there is not good. Libel, slander, blasphemy, or sacrilege all work better if you're in this same situation again.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright SEC fans.Big game of the week is near an hour away,GO GATORS!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Doubt he gets serious Heisman talk unless SC starts dominating but I think one could make a case for Robert Woods being the best football player in the nation.

yup
Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Heisman Watch Post Week 4:

2. Robert Griffin, QB Baylor
3. Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina
4. Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin
5. Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
6. Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
8. Taylor Martinez, QB Nebraska
9. Tyrann Mathieu, CB LSU
10. Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
Heisman Watch Post Week 5:

1. Robert Griffin, QB Baylor
2. Kellen Moore, QB Boise State
3. Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
4. Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
5. Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin
6. Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina
8. Tyrann Mathieu, CB LSU
9. Taj Boyd, QB Clemson
10. Robert Woods, WR USC

I don't think there is a clear cut #1 right now, but I'd have to go Griffin if I were forced to chose despite his lone interception on the year being a costly one in the loss to KSU. 18 TDs to 1 INT is impressive.

We're going to see an Andrew Luck push in the coming weeks, and it might catapult him into that #1 spot if Baylor can't win out on Griffin's back.

Richardson will have his chance at the LSU defense in due time. He's been nothing short of impressive since the Kent State game, in which he still scored 3 TDs.

Russell Wilson has played near flawless for a top 5 team in the country but won't accumulate the stats necessary to actually win but he remains on the list.

Lattimore had an off game in a loss which is why he dropped a little.

James had a bye week, but back to back 200 yard weeks keep him on the list.

Boyd led Clemson to yet another win against a ranked opponent, but he didn't do it in a flashy way. The fact that he was even able to go into Blacksburg and win after beating Auburn and FSU was impressive. He'll have plenty more opportunities to rise big with two remaining road games vs ranked opponents. (@SCAR, @GT)

Robert Woods had no problem bouncing Landry Jones from the top 10.

As always, tear it apart. I'd love to hear your opinions.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Braves225
Rookie

Braves225 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Russell Wilson! Let's goooooooo!
Braves225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Robert Griffin|QB|Baylor
2. Andrew Luck|QB|Stanford
3. Landry Jones|QB|Oklahoma
4. Russell Wilson|QB|Wisconsin
5. Kellen Moore|QB|Boise St.
6. Trent Richardson|RB|Alabama
7. Tyrann Mathieu|CB|LSU
8. Marcus Lattimore|RB|S. Carolina
9. LaMichael James|RB|Oregon
10. Robert Woods|WR|USC
Old 10-08-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see Moore still in Heisman talk even playing only 3 quarters per game. That's a sign of how good the guy actually is.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

It's a damn shame that Miller would never get a Heisman consideration, because we suck. He is arguably a Top 3 Heisman candidate right now.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
It's a damn shame that Miller would never get a Heisman consideration, because we suck. He is arguably a Top 3 Heisman candidate right now.
seriously? make me an argument that puts him ahead of any of the following: kellen moore, trent richardson, tyrann mathieu, landry jones, russell wilson, marcus lattimore, etc. miller isn't even sniffing heisman talk, but he is very good.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
seriously? make me an argument that puts him ahead of any of the following: kellen moore, trent richardson, tyrann mathieu, landry jones, russell wilson, marcus lattimore, etc. miller isn't even sniffing heisman talk, but he is very good.
What this guy said. Tenfold.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote