Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm biased, but 38(9) tds is ******* insane. I don't care what system you're in.40 td passes is likely systematic amplification. But name another rb who came close to 38. Its too farfetched. Plus, 2nd leading rusher in FBS.

1. Ball
2. RGIII
3. Luck
4. Mathieu
5. Richardson

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people bring up Griffin's game against Oklahoma but fail to mention is game against Ok St?

Luck gets alot of grief for that Oregon loss, the only loss of the season for Stanford but he still put up better numbers than Griffin did vs Ok St. which was Baylor's second of three losses.

Also I hear alot of chat about what Griffin did at Baylor...what about what Luck did at Stanford? Stanford is not some powerhouse loaded with talent, the whole reason they have been as good as they are is Andrew Luck.

I just see alot of people buying into the Griffin hype, if he wins the Heisman it will be somewhat of a joke. I doubt Luck will win it unfortunately so I am hoping one of the RBs take it over Griffin.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta give it to Ball here, most deserving but since it's really become the best college QB of the year award it would be RGIII (close second anyway)

My rankings:

1. Ball
2. RGIII
3. Richardson
4. Mathieu
5. Luck

However all this doesn't matter, we know what BS is about to go down:

1. Luck
2. Richardson
3. Robert Griffin III
4. Ball
5. Mathieu

(again these aren't my rankings, this is just how I know it will turn out because this award is a joke)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
However all this doesn't matter, we know what BS is about to go down:

1. Luck
2. Richardson
3. Robert Griffin III
4. Ball
5. Mathieu

(again these aren't my rankings, this is just how I know it will turn out because this award is a joke)
RGIII is squarely in the lead with about 1/5th of the votes made public. Looks like it will be:

1. RGIII
2. Luck
3. Richardson
4. Ball
5. Mathieu

Ball/Mathieu pretty close though.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I guess I was sort of right, it's still going to be the best QB in college award. It's a shame that Ball won't win it and that he is behind Richardson. Luck being #2 is the kind of BS I am talking about

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Well I guess I was sort of right, it's still going to be the best QB in college award. It's a shame that Ball won't win it and that he is behind Richardson. Luck being #2 is the kind of BS I am talking about
Mark Ingram won it two years ago, don't think it has automatically become best QB in college. If Wisconsin was undefeated and crushing people and Ball was getting more carries, I imagine Ball would win it, but with more stats than just TDs, he won't win it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Also seems Collin Klein and Luke Kuechly both have received a 3rd place vote!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Mark Ingram won it two years ago, don't think it has automatically become best QB in college. If Wisconsin was undefeated and crushing people and Ball was getting more carries, I imagine Ball would win it, but with more stats than just TDs, he won't win it.
Yea but of the last 10, 8 have been QB's as opposed to the previous decade where 4/10 were QB's

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also seems Collin Klein and Luke Kuechly both have received a 3rd place vote!
Both well deserved...actually surprised Klein did not get more national recognition.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 is the "proven winner"

If Luck wins this thing I will not watch college football none next season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 won. It's over.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yup, www.stiffarmtrophy.com who has been 9 for 9 on predicting the award, officially says that Robert Griffin will win the Heisman after 22% of the ballots have been made public.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanford's offense is run heavy and complimented by the pass. If Luck threw the ball 35+ times a game, he'd probably have almost 4500 yards and over 40 TDs.
It's weird but he's not really featured in Stanford's offense.

Montee Hall has multiple highlights were he's literally not even touched before getting to the endzone. When your Oline looks like they deserve the Heisman more than you do, your chances of winning as a RB aren't great IMO.
I've never seen a Montee Ball highlight where it looks like he's doing something amazing at the RB position. Compare that to Trent Richardson.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Stanford's offense is run heavy and complimented by the pass. If Luck threw the ball 35+ times a game, he'd probably have almost 4500 yards and over 40 TDs.
Seriously, you put Luck in a pass first offense and he easily puts up 45+ TDs and a ton of yards. The offense isn't geared to take a ton of deep shots or to really even attack through the air that much. If the run play is there, Luck will check to the run and attack them on the ground. Just because he isn't throwing the ball every play doesn't mean he isn't having a major effect on every play.

Luck does more for his team than any other player in college football. The guy gets 3 plays in the huddle and pick the one he thinks is best at the line. The OC can bring up to 350 plays into each game because Luck is actually able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Pat Forde's rankings here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...d_stats_120811

Quote:
1. Robert Griffin III
2. Tyrann Mathieu
3. Andrew Luck
I'd agree with Griffin or Luck winning it. And if you subscribe to the school of thought that the best player on the best team should be in the conversation, then Mathieu works too.

But, if I had to bet, I'd say it goes to Richardson. Sigh. SEC bias and all.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I agree with Pat Forde's rankings here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...d_stats_120811

I'd agree with Griffin or Luck winning it. And if you subscribe to the school of thought that the best player on the best team should be in the conversation, then Mathieu works too.

But, if I had to bet, I'd say it goes to Richardson. Sigh. SEC bias and all.

It's over my man, it is Griffin.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's over my man, it is Griffin.
Really now? Baby steps in the right direction for college football.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Really now? Baby steps in the right direction for college football.
Just when I thought college football couldn't get any dumber, they go and do something like this... and totally redeem themselves!
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Honeybadger would win if he gave a ****?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Luck has more pass attempts than RG3. Only by a few attempts, but I didn't expect that to be the case.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 12-09-2011 at 02:04 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It went to the right guy. Go RG3!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad they gave it to him. He was the best player in the country this year, woulda been a shame to give it to anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ball only gets 348 points? Bunch of idiots.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ball only gets 348 points? Bunch of idiots.
Idk whats worse...that, or Barkley not even getting an invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pathetic Luck was even that close.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote