Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-05-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Homer...

Ray Graham - 201 yards rushing, 3 Touchdowns.
Ray Graham is a beast. So underrated but that'll change soon.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Tyrann Mathieu. Only knock on him is his height
Old 09-05-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I really like Tyrann Mathieu. Only knock on him is his height
He's definitely an exception to the height rule when you watch him play. He's always making a play on the ball and can change the game with his intensity. He was one of my picks for Breakout Players of 2011.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Western Michigan WR Jordan White (senior)

He looked very good against Michigan. He had 12 catches for 119 yards against the Wolverines. He had a big years last year as well.

He is 6'0 but looks like a solid possesion WR.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daimion Stafford looked really good for Nebraska, a JUCO player that can really hit. Might have a Year like Lavonte David.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

De'Anthony Thomas needs to work on ball security. However, he looks like he's going to be really good as a RB/WR.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On SportsCenter, they just said Lamar Miller hit slightly over 20 mph on his 41-Yard TD Run. Chris Johnson hit 22 on a TD run before (both in full pads).

I think it's safe to say Lamar Miller has ridiculous speed...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
On SportsCenter, they just said Lamar Miller hit slightly over 20 mph on his 41-Yard TD Run. Chris Johnson hit 22 on a TD run before (both in full pads).

I think it's safe to say Lamar Miller has ridiculous speed...
They got a speed insanely wrong yesterday when I was watching. Not sure how much I really trust those.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 1:
*Danny O'Brien SOPH RS QB Maryland: Really impressive outing for him, had him on the radar last year but he impresses even more this year. Has a very quick release, big kid, accurate, can move in the pocket. If he keeps up his development and stays one or two more years, he could be an extremely high pick and a possible franchise quarterback when all is said and done.

*Spencer Ware SOPH RB LSU: Very impressed with him, has nice leg strength, surprising quickness and can run you over or make you miss. Look for him to have a huge year for LSU.

*TJ McDonald JR FS USC: Nice to see he got a lot tougher tackling, laid down some very hard aggressive hits against the Gophers. If he keeps up that level of intensity and consistency tackling he is a lock 1st rounder whenever he comes out.

*Robert Griffin Baylor RS JR QB/WR Baylor: Wow, what a game, showed a much stronger arm than he has in past years where he just threw short screens all game long. Still does not have a Vick type arm I feel, but with the game he had many might start comparing the two.

*Jake Stoneburner JR TE Ohio State: Solid tight end, good athlete, gets down the field well. Should have a solid season and is a good looking prospect.

*Nicolas Jean-Baptiste SR NT Baylor: Thick guy, natural NT, good athlete, can get after the passer a little as well, very promising player with a lot of potential at the next level.

*Barkevious Mingo SOPH OLB LSU: Like someone else already said, kid is a beast. Great athlete, got constant pressure on the quarterback, really talented player and could be a star 3/4 OLB.

*Ramon Buchanan SR OLB Miami FL: Played a good game, showed great open field speed and always has produced on the field for Miami. He will get a chance in the league, solid player.

*Matt Furstenburg JR TE Maryland: Ok prospect, got down the field well and showed ability to block at times. Still has to work on a lot but is someone to watch.

*Joel Figueroa SR OT Miami FL: Improved his quickness and his footwork, able to stay infront of the defender most of the night. Aggressive blocker, stays with it and finishes plays.

*Sam Montgomery SOPH DE LSU: I like the push he got in the pocket, part of the insane sophomore class for LSU. Very solid pass rusher and should have a fine season.

*Tharold Simon SOPH FS LSU: Another LSU soph, big safety, I love his size and he has improved a lot off last season.

*Harland Gunn SR OG Miami FL: Decent guard, had a very solid game and plays tough and aggressive football, will be interesting to see how he finishes the rest of this season.

Disappointed:
Seantrel Henderson SOPH OT Miami FL: Just the fact the kid got suspended for the game against Maryland for being overweight and being upset he was listed behind someone on the depth chart. Seriously, he is not starting his college career off well, a ton of talent but really has to get his act together if he wishes to be an elite player. Do not be shocked if Washington stays at tackle possible and Figueroa plays over Henderson much like he did last year at times, we will see.

Jermaine Johnson SOPH OT Miami FL: Not clue where he was, did not play against Maryland. Another huge talent on Miami but is not seeing much from him and it is sad if someone that talented cannot even see the field.

Kenny Tate JR OLB Maryland: I like his talent but he looked so so at linebacker. Still getting used to the effort it takes to rush the passer, cannot always get by one with speed at all times or a stunt. Made plays on special teams a lot which was impressive, but need to see more ability to get off blocks if he is going to play linebacker. But there is time, and sure he will turn it around and have a fine year.

Quote:
ElectricEye
The guy who jumped off the page the most to me out of the Oregon/LSU game was Barkevious Mingo. Didn't show up on the stat sheer anywhere as much as I thought he would watching the game with a long tackle for a loss being his only contribution, but he consistently got into the backfield and chased down some of the fast Oregon players all game. Great frame and speed combo at 6'5 240 with a reported 4.5 40 yard dash. Could be a factor in the draft as early as this year, although he's far from a finished product.
Good call, kid is an absolute stud. I hope he comes back for another year but who knows, if he has a great season he could easily come out. Love that size and athletic ability, much less love that LSU sophomore class, it is sick...

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Seantrel had a back problem and is out for the season.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
They got a speed insanely wrong yesterday when I was watching. Not sure how much I really trust those.
Yeah they had "The Clock" on Brandon Boykin's long TD and it showed him hitting over 30mph.

I lol'ed.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don't at all. It just doesn't seem very practical. Nice little thing for ESPN and Sportscenter to be like "Oh, look!", but I've seen some weird things with it too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
keylime_5 I think Seantrel had a back problem and is out for the season.
Oh wow, I think you are right I found an article saying that as well. Huh, well honestly depending on how bad it is a back problem could end his career, much less this season. We will see how he comes back if he is indeed out all year. At least I hope it makes him more hungry, because so far, being an all world offensive tackle in high school, talked about since he was in middle school, clearly cut #1 recruit, former basketball player....he really disappointed in my book. And I hear he dislikes the fact that Shannon got fired, and it could mean he transfers, and that would be three different schools for the guy? That along screams that he is potentially been a pampered player from early on and has not had to work for much at all, and always wants things his way.... Hope he can turn it around.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maryland Jr. ILB Demetrius Hartsfield really impressed me last night, every time I was looking for Kenny Tate to make a play it was Hartsfield who was showing up. He totaled 13 Tackles and seemed to always be around the football. He looks like he will be the next stud ILB for the Terps.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-06-2011 at 10:02 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Tate was invisible last night. Very disappointing.

Danny O'Brien is a stud. He throws the ball so effortlessly, his footwork is effortless, everything is just so smooth from him. The moxy the kid has as well is impressive. Looks like he is always in control. Only a RS Soph, and he has complete control of that Offense.

I really still don't see Griffin as much of a Quarterback. If you just stare at the raw stats he looks good, but I wasn't really impressed watching him. Kendall Wright was just dominant that game. On one catch, where Wright was wide open after putting a nice cut on Verrett (TCU Corner), Griffin massively underthrew it, causing Wright to get tackled immediately. He puts some air on it, that's an easy 6. Griffin showed no touch on what should've been an easy 6.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really sure how you walked away from the game saying Griffin doesn't have great touch. Maybe on that one throw, sure....but the rest were nearly perfect in regards to timing and putting the ball in the right place. TCU got smoked on verts all night, but it's not like those are easy throws that just anyone can make either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-06-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea not sure how anyone can say Griffin was unimpressive against TCU. He dominated them while staying in the pocket most of the game delivering strike after strike. He looked unstoppable.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Those weren't "spread" throws either, not all of them anyway. Looks like he can throw the full NFL route tree. I think the question about his mid-range accuracy is fair, but his ball placement on the short stuff, advanced feel, and deep ball accuracy are well on pace with a first round projection right now.

Throw his legs out the door event. He's just a good quarterback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Oh wow, I think you are right I found an article saying that as well. Huh, well honestly depending on how bad it is a back problem could end his career, much less this season. We will see how he comes back if he is indeed out all year. At least I hope it makes him more hungry, because so far, being an all world offensive tackle in high school, talked about since he was in middle school, clearly cut #1 recruit, former basketball player....he really disappointed in my book. And I hear he dislikes the fact that Shannon got fired, and it could mean he transfers, and that would be three different schools for the guy? That along screams that he is potentially been a pampered player from early on and has not had to work for much at all, and always wants things his way.... Hope he can turn it around.
It would technically be the 3rd team, but its hard to blame him for leaving the first one. The reason he transferred to USC, was because they basically assured him that they there would be no bowl bans/sanctions when there was no evidence for it, and then they got hit with the two year bowl ban, and he was pissed that Kiffin flat out lied to him, and wanted to leave...

Hes kinda got screwed going into two bad situations...
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
TheFinisher Maryland Jr. ILB Demetrius Hartsfield really impressed me last night, every time I was looking for Kenny Tate to make a play it was Hartsfield who was showing up. He totaled 13 Tackles and seemed to always be around the football. He looks like he will be the next stud ILB for the Terps.
I agree, he is an impressive player, I will have to keep an eye on him. However supposedly the coaches think he is a bit of a dog, hard to get him to work hard and keep his level of play consistently at the high level.

Quote:
Duffman57
It would technically be the 3rd team, but its hard to blame him for leaving the first one. The reason he transferred to USC, was because they basically assured him that they there would be no bowl bans/sanctions when there was no evidence for it, and then they got hit with the two year bowl ban, and he was pissed that Kiffin flat out lied to him, and wanted to leave...

Hes kinda got screwed going into two bad situations..
True, those are two bad situations but still, you did not see Robert Woods transfer out of USC, he was a true freshman. Why did Henderson, one thinks they pick a school not only because of the coach but then again look at the age now, players bounce around all over the place if they do not feel they are getting playing time. Will be interesting to see what he does, odd thing is, even if he was not injured I doubt he would start consistently on Miami under Golden. Again thought, I hope he turns it around. Because so far, his career is all hype up to this point...
Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't really watch too much and didn't take any notes like I usually do ...

Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor - Looked so much like Santanio Holmes, I thought I should mention him. Seems a little immature with all show boating he did after making a play though. Really talented player with some good game speed. Raw, but nice potential.

Cody Glenn, OG, Georgia - Yeah, he's not an offensive tackle. He looked terrible. He looked really slow with really bad technique. Just looked awful at times in pass protection. Positioning, depth, punch (looked like he was grabbing and dropping his hands way too much), dropping his head, bending at the waist ... it was a clinical in negatives. Maybe he improves throughout the season, but everything looked very bad. I had to make sure I was watching the right player he looked so bad. Thought he gave up a couple sacks and had a couple false starts. Didn't look good passing pass rushers off to inside linemen. Awareness was lacking.

Nate Potter, OT, Boise St. - He is what he is. Not a physical specimen. Gets by more on technique and positioning than anything else. Weak at the point of attack and will struggle in pass protection early in his career. Needs to bulk up. Had an okay game. Got jacked up and knocked on his ass one time. I believe he gave up 1 sack as well. Just not an overly impressive player, and doesn't belong in round 1. He's a solid third rounder that needs a little development to overcome his rather slow feet and weak punch / anchor ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 AM    (permalink
BrettFavresMember
Rookie

BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember

Watch out for Iowa utility coverage man #4 Jordan Bernstine.

5'11 205 and is said to be the fastest player on the team, and to have a 45" vertical leap.

Had 8 tackles off the bench last week against Tennessee Tech.
BrettFavresMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
True, those are two bad situations but still, you did not see Robert Woods transfer out of USC, he was a true freshman. Why did Henderson, one thinks they pick a school not only because of the coach but then again look at the age now, players bounce around all over the place if they do not feel they are getting playing time. Will be interesting to see what he does, odd thing is, even if he was not injured I doubt he would start consistently on Miami under Golden. Again thought, I hope he turns it around. Because so far, his career is all hype up to this point...
The big difference, IIRC, is that Henderson actually refused to sign his LOI on signing day, to wait for that whole punishment to come down, and only commited when the coaches absolutely promised him that there would be no sanctions against them, or no bowl ban or something like that. Thats the big difference, is that he got flat out lied to and he felt betrayed by USC, so i can see the reason for leaving there.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Couple of guys that i noticed...

Nickell Robey was all over the freaking place. He was just as good as Mathieu was vs. Oregon IMO, same type of player.

Nick Perry was the absolute definition of DOMINANCE. He just made plays in a bazillion different ways. He had 2 pass deflections i think (maybe only 1), he had a sack or two, but he had to have had at least 3-5 pressures, and probably had 2-3 TFLs. He showed close to elite/elite burst off the ball, he showed a variety of moves, could speed rush, bull rush, and had the natural instincts to counter or bend when rushing, and like the first part showed, he had the natural instinct to get his hands up in the passing lane when he didn't get there. He's a monster of a pass rusher, in the mold of Shawne Merriman, pre injury.

Utah has 2 REALLY good DT's.

James Aiono is more potential, but he was a top recruit out of JUCO and has the burst, and strength you want in a DT like him.

But the real star of that D (no pun intended) is Star (Cant remember his last name...lol, it starts with an L though...hahah) somethinorrather. He's your prototypical NT, at 6'3" 325, he had one of the best C's in the NCAA (Holmes) on rollerskates for a good portion of that game. He was an absolute monster in the middle. He's only a Jr. so he proally wont come out, but when he does, i expect big things from him.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Cody Glenn, OG, Georgia - Yeah, he's not an offensive tackle. He looked terrible. He looked really slow with really bad technique. Just looked awful at times in pass protection. Positioning, depth, punch (looked like he was grabbing and dropping his hands way too much), dropping his head, bending at the waist ... it was a clinical in negatives. Maybe he improves throughout the season, but everything looked very bad. I had to make sure I was watching the right player he looked so bad. Thought he gave up a couple sacks and had a couple false starts. Didn't look good passing pass rushers off to inside linemen. Awareness was lacking.
I have let it be known before that I am anti-Glenn. I'm really not sure what people see in him to say he's a 1st round prospect, even at guard. To me, he has always looked a little slow off the ball. He looks fat and sloppy in the midsection. He's not violent with his hands. He's not as technically sound as he should be. I think he has decent feet and great arm length, but to me, he's a 3rd round project at LG in the NFL. Two straight stinkers to start the season, he's clearly not an NFL OT.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote