Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-30-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
He just might end up being my 3rd ranked WR. If he had even slightly competent QB play, I think he'd be getting first round talk. He's a very talented athlete - 6'3, explosive, great hands, great body control, can stay low and accelerate out his breaks and he has an impressive feel for the position for someone who's only played WR three years in his life.
I still like Blackmon, Floyd and Sanu more as bigger WRs. And Jeffrey isn't my cup of tea, but I still think some team will (and should) take a gamble on him if he falls too far in the draft. But there's no reason Randle can't be a better pro than all of them. He may be the fastest in this group of 5, and I think he has the most upside. If he can really work on his route running, he can be a star.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 14:
*Jerel Worthy JR DT Michigan State: What a game that kid played, easily the best I have ever seen him play. Lived in the backfield, got great penetration, played with a good motor and showed just how awesome he can be. Only issue was he did not stay on the field consistently but still amazing game against a great offensive line.

*Jamie Collins JR OLB Southern Miss: Freak athlete, got sick pressure against Houston and changed that game. Could be a fine 3/4 OLB as a pass rusher or could play in a 4/3 I think too. Has such great upside and I could see him come out early this year and be a mid round pick. But if not he could be quite a player come next years draft.

*Brad Wing FR P LSU: What a punter, kid is a freshman? Who, is amazingly effective and for being only a freshman, sky is the limit for this kid, could have a great future at the next level.

*Darqueze Dennard SOPH CB Michigan State: Sick corner back, fine athlete, very smooth in coverage and only a sophomore. He could develop very nicely and be one of the best corners to come out of Michigan State in awhile.

*Russell Wilson SR QB Wisconsin: If he decides to go with football, I would be shocked if he did not get drafted. Has a fine arm, accurate, athletic, good head on his shoulders. Would be a nice backup for any team in the NFL, that is for sure.

*Tracy Lampley JR WR Southern Miss: Good athlete, can make plays and run after the catch. Dangerous player and if he comes back for his senior season he could really increase his draft stock.

*Alfred Blue SOPH RB LSU: Yet another great LSU running back, how about that sophomore class, they have three fine running backs in that class alone on the same roster. Big kid, runs fast and is one in the stable.

*Justin Johnson SR WR Houston: I like his size, good hands, tough player and could be a nice slot receiver in the NFL if he shows he has open field speed to separate from defenders.

*Marcus McGraw SR ILB Houston: I like his athletic ability, a bit small but active and is productive on the field. With good play in the post season All Star games he could be one of the inside linebackers selected in the draft.

*Justin Gilbert SOPH CB Oklahoma State: Part of a par of solid corners for Oklahoma State. Very active, competes for the ball in the air, can stay with receivers and overall has a very good upside.

*Le'Veon Bell SOPH RB Michigan State: The best I have seen him run the football. Played with great speed, ran really hard and go a lot of yards after contact. If he runs like that next year, he will clearly be the number one back on Michigan State and possibly tear it up in the Big Ten.

*Travis Jackson FR C Michigan State: Part of the reason why they ran the ball so well. Very athletic center, gets down field and blocks, is a tough kid and is one to watch develop.

*Chris Borland SOPH ILB Wisconsin: Playing great inside linebacker for Wisconsin. Making tackles all over the field, staying away from any injury issues and making a big impact. Is turning out to be one of the better sophomore inside linebackers in the nation.

*Markelle Martin SR FS Oklahoma State: A lot of people talk about him, fine athlete, covers the field well, has good speed and is sound in coverage. Wish he was a little tougher but still a nice prospect and will most likely be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Good developmental safety at this point, but has a lot of competition surprisingly.

*Dasman McCullum FR DE Southern Miss: Another speed rusher for Southern Miss that played so well. Provided great pressure off the edge and will be interested to watch him develop over time.

Disappointed:
Tony Jefferson SOPH CB/S Oklahoma: I have no idea what the deal is. Kid was a stud last year in the slot but clearly was only effective as a quick unblockable linebacker type with Nelson is playing this season. Back at safety he is very uneffective and does not make that many tackles. Sure on paper he is the same, but in the game he does not really make an impact like he used to I feel. Not sure what happened to him, might be playing out of position and I have no clue why he is not being tried at corner. Overall he has really disappointed this year, considering how great he seemed last season. Hopefully he gets a shot at corner next year, because at safety he really does seem lost and not sure he has the body for a safety anyway.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone give me a Scouting report on Andrew Jackson he is a Sophomore from Western Kentucky? He is 6-1, 255 and went to the same High School as Ray Lewis. He was making plays when he played LSU this year.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dannyz Can anyone give me a Scouting report on Andrew Jackson he is a Sophomore from Western Kentucky? He is 6-1, 255 and went to the same High School as Ray Lewis. He was making plays when he played LSU this year.
Define a scouting report. The few times I watched the kid he really impressed in run defense. Attacked the line of scrimmage, made impactful tackles and was able to shoot the gap and make the correct read on run downs. Love his intensity on the field, love the fact he is only a sophomore and has one or two more years to improve. I like his lower body strength and overall stout build. Only question is how he is in coverage down field and how his overall open field speed is. I know he has the intensity and strength, but does he have the speed side line to side line. Overall though really interesting prospect, but I would not say he is the by far #1 ILB prospect as a sophomore. I would say he is in the top 3 or 4 though in that class.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Define a scouting report. The few times I watched the kid he really impressed in run defense. Attacked the line of scrimmage, made impactful tackles and was able to shoot the gap and make the correct read on run downs. Love his intensity on the field, love the fact he is only a sophomore and has one or two more years to improve. I like his lower body strength and overall stout build. Only question is how he is in coverage down field and how his overall open field speed is. I know he has the intensity and strength, but does he have the speed side line to side line. Overall though really interesting prospect, but I would not say he is the by far #1 ILB prospect as a sophomore. I would say he is in the top 3 or 4 though in that class.
Thanks that's all I needed. It sucks he plays for Western Kentucky they had like 8 Wins but don't get a bowl game but teams that they beat do. People don't get to see him much but I think by the time he gets to the Draft in either 2013 or 2014 he could be a 1ST Rounder and should battle it out with guys like Tom Wort, CJ Mosley, Chris Borland, James Morris.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Bowls Well another year in the books sadly. I was not able to watch as many bowl games as I wanted too, but here are a few standouts I thought in the bowl season, players that played really well. Overall, just a sick amount of talent in college this year, and the NFL can be thankful for the next few drafts, a lot of top end talent at most positions.

*Ladarius Green SR TE/WR Lousiana Lafayette: Had a great bowl game and really showed off his talent. Could argue he is a wide receiver at the next level, a Plaxico Burress type, great athlete overall.

*Markelle Martin SR FS Oklahoma State: Kind of had an up and down season, but in the bowl game he really played with fresh legs. Showed great closing speed and toughness at the point of attack. Big time athlete and if he works out well he could compete for being the #1 FS taken in the draft, but if McDonald comes out early he will most likely take that spot.

*Dwight Bentley SR CB Lousiana Lafayette: Was a big time standout, played great at the corner position, tackled aggressively, showed fine anticipation and confidence out on the edge. Will drop in the draft because of so many other good corners, but still he is a fine prospect and a possible steal in the later rounds.

*Evan Rodriguez SR TE Temple: Had a fine bowl game, has good speed at tight end and soft hands. Not an elite performer in college but in the later rounds of the draft he could be a nice pickup at tight end.

*Bennie Logan SOPH DT LSU: Played a really fine game, one of many outstandout athletes on that LSU front. Big kid, good motor and will only get better in time.

*Javone Lawson JR WR Lousiana Lafayette: One of the many Cajun stars in that bowl game, nice lean athlete, lengthy and really explosive in the open field.

*Ryan Lindley SR QB San Diego State: Should be a lock for being one of the top 5 quarterbacks drafted. Big strong arm, tough kid, competes hard, knows the game and could be a fine backup and potential starter if given time to develop.

*Arthur Brown JR ILB Kansas State: Mentioned him before, but just an outstanding inside linebacker. One could completely argue he has played better than Vontaze Burfict this year and if players like Teo do not come out and Hightower is drafted as a 3/4 ILB, Brown could be the #1 4/3 ILB in the up coming draft. Will see what happens, great prospect though and really can shoot the gap and make impact plays behind the line.

*Kevin Norwood SOPH WR Alabama: Showed flashes for Alabama when they needed a threat at receiver. Really broke out in this game, is a strong athlete and can go up and get the ball in the air when needed.

*Ed Stinson SOPH DE Alabama: Nothing amazing in the game, but shows good strength at the point of attack and is one of many very solid 3/4 DE's on the Alabama roster. Stinson is a young player that will only get better.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ozzy. Good stuff as usual. I watched a lot of the bowl games. Good list. Particularly like the love for Rodriguez and Bentley. Two of my favorite smaller school kids.

Others I was impressed with:

- Bernard Pierce, RB. Temple. Didn't have an eye popping game, but looks like an NFL workhorse. Very tough runner. I think he can be a franchise RB.

- Michael Smith, RB Utah State. Looked electric and outplayed Turbin. A guy to watch out for next year.

-Doug Martin, RB Boise St. 151 rushing, 3 for 26 receiving, KOR for TD. Going to be a huge steal in this draft.

- Nigel Bradham, LB Florida St. My question with him was instincts, showed great instincts in pass game. All over the field vs. ND

- Terrance Ganaway, RB and Philip Blake, C Baylor. Ganaway reminds me a lot of Michael Bush. Blake led the way on nearly every yard Ganaway had. Both look like 3rd rounders to me right now.

- Jeff Fuller, WR TA&M. My favorite WR before this season. Finally showed up to play in the bowl game. I wonder if he was hurt a little this year. Back in the day 2 conversation to me.

- Case Keenum, QB Houston. Why can't he be an NFL QB? Don't lump him in with Detmer, Klinger, Ware, and other NFL failures just yet. Destroyed a big time defense.

- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU. Man is he long and tough to block. Fluker had all kinds of trouble with him. Could have an Aldon Smith like rise this time next year.

- Eric Reed, FS LSU. He wasn't necessarily all over the place, but he was right where he needed to be on every play. That discipline with that natural ability is very similar to an NFL player with his same 1st initial and last name.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

"rawdawg Ozzy. Good stuff as usual. I watched a lot of the bowl games. Good list. Particularly like the love for Rodriguez and Bentley. Two of my favorite smaller school kids.

Others I was impressed with:

- Bernard Pierce, RB. Temple. Didn't have an eye popping game, but looks like an NFL workhorse. Very tough runner. I think he can be a franchise RB.Surprised he is coming out, good player though, as for franchise RB, well wish that was the case but now a days a good running back is at best a nice thing to have but has not been a necessary thing for quite some time with all the rule changes. Packers do not have a go too back and they have no issues really, same with the Patriots etc.

- Michael Smith, RB Utah State. Looked electric and outplayed Turbin. A guy to watch out for next year.

-Doug Martin, RB Boise St. 151 rushing, 3 for 26 receiving, KOR for TD. Going to be a huge steal in this draft.

- Nigel Bradham, LB Florida St. My question with him was instincts, showed great instincts in pass game. All over the field vs. NDPhysically he is just a beast, and against the run is far more physical than Zach Brown, but Brown shows more athletic ability in coverage potentially

- Terrance Ganaway, RB and Philip Blake, C Baylor. Ganaway reminds me a lot of Michael Bush. Blake led the way on nearly every yard Ganaway had. Both look like 3rd rounders to me right now.

- Jeff Fuller, WR TA&M. My favorite WR before this season. Finally showed up to play in the bowl game. I wonder if he was hurt a little this year. Back in the day 2 conversation to me.Yeah I saw that too, was nice to see him make big plays when they needed it, sadly A&M had a really disappointing year this season I feel, they were so talented

- Case Keenum, QB Houston. Why can't he be an NFL QB? Don't lump him in with Detmer, Klinger, Ware, and other NFL failures just yet. Destroyed a big time defense.I would not call Penn State big time, they played good during the season but mentally they simply were not there since the scandal. His targets and weapons on offense will probably be more successful than he is. Who knows but simply put rarely are system quarterbacks like him real successful in the NFL.

- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU. Man is he long and tough to block. Fluker had all kinds of trouble with him. Could have an Aldon Smith like rise this time next year.Yeah that kid is a beast and would be a high pick this year if he could come out, a really elite 3/4 OLB prospect potentially

- Eric Reed, FS LSU. He wasn't necessarily all over the place, but he was right where he needed to be on every play. That discipline with that natural ability is very similar to an NFL player with his same 1st initial and last name."I would not call him Ed Reed just yet, not that elite of a playmaker. Reed returns punts. Reid on LSU is more a tough guy and plays on intimidation like Rodney Harrison or Adrian Wilson potentially. Will be interesting to see how he develops next year
Old 01-10-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
The more I watch Doug Martin, the more I think he could be awesome. He's got everything.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

I Love that LSU Defensive Line with Montgomery,Mingo,Logan,Brockers. I thought the Honey Badger got beat pretty good Last Night and it shows that he should be moved to Safety and be like a Troy Polamalu type in the NFL Blitzing the QB. He is just to small to play CB.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I Love that LSU Defensive Line with Montgomery,Mingo,Logan,Brockers. I thought the Honey Badger got beat pretty good Last Night and it shows that he should be moved to Safety and be like a Troy Polamalu type in the NFL Blitzing the QB. He is just to small to play CB.
Too small to play corner, so you think he should play strong safety? I swear dannyz, you've got something special going with your weed hookup.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Too small to play corner, so you think he should play strong safety? I swear dannyz, you've got something special going with your weed hookup.
No I don't do that stuff. I just think he will get exposed in the NFL with WR's like Calvin, A.J. Green, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
No I don't do that stuff. I just think he will get exposed in the NFL with WR's like Calvin, A.J. Green, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson.
Sure, but... those guys are all 6'3"+ and are pretty much taller than everybody. Tyrann is 5'9", 180. He's small for a corner, but he's a corner. Strong safeties are the biggest of the defensive backs. You don't move a tiny guy to strong safety so that he can blitz the quarterback. That is kind of absurd. A SS has a lot of run support responsibilities, and what's more... they cover tight ends. Who are a lot bigger than the receivers you just named. You think he's too small to cover Fitzegerald, wait til he's lined up over Gronkowski or Graham. He's a cornerback. He's a ferocious tackler, especially for his size, but the guy is just not big enough to be a strong safety in the NFL. Maaaaybe free safety, but realistically I don't think that's even on the table. I think he's a great nickel guy and kick returner. I think he's a guy you play match ups with and use to cover slot receivers. I think a team can get a lot of use out of him, but they're going to be picking which guy he covers. And who's to say he can't blitz the quarterback out of the nickel spot? But he's just not big enough to take on a Polamalu role. NFL fullbacks would be drooling at the thought of lining up a 180 lb guy on a lead block.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:35 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=rawdawg;2820439]
- Nigel Bradham, LB Florida St. My question with him was instincts, showed great instincts in pass game. All over the field vs. ND

I watch a lot of FSU games. Buddy is a Noles fan he texts me a million times per game so I might as well watch to see what he's bitching about. He had a couple of dumb penalties in some early games. OU and Clemson. But had some real good games later. BC and the bowl game. Team captain and special teams player. Sounds like a profile the Pats like. Seems like a good WOLB for a 4-3 team.

- Jeff Fuller, WR TA&M. My favorite WR before this season. Finally showed up to play in the bowl game. I wonder if he was hurt a little this year. Back in the day 2 conversation to me.

Craig James mentioned a bunch of times in their game against Texas that he was bothered by a bad hammy all year. Mentioned it so many times it sounded like Drew Rosenhaus. I thought Fuller looked great last year. Curious to see his workouts.

- Case Keenum, QB Houston. Why can't he be an NFL QB? Don't lump him in with Detmer, Klinger, Ware, and other NFL failures just yet. Destroyed a big time defense.

I'm a PSU alum. They didn't come to play. Props to Keenum for tearing us to shreds. The team(fight with Mcgloin and Drake) and coaching staff were not ready to play football. PSU did have a good defense. But, their stats were a little deceiving because we didn't play many good passing attacks.
Down year for qb's in the Big 10. Best was Cousins and we didn't play them.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote