Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Actually he was fairly good in Cleveland last year. This year, I know Henne is terrible in the red zone, but it seems like the offense is much better than last years. I could imagine Daboll getting a shot at the HC if Sparano was let go. But still, ultimately I see Fisher being the next coach.
Nooo thanks. Believe I will pass on Daball being the next HC. Fisher is a way better option. I'm hoping for either Gruden, Cowher or Fisher to be the next coach. This team needs an experienced, proven guy to come in here and turn this team around and help sell tickets.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point I want Gruden just because I want an offensive guy. I'd be happy with Cowher as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We claimed Slaton...yay?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CHAMPIONSHIP!i

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Psh...more like dynasty.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

LMAO this is just hilarious and down right sad now. Dolphins have reached out to Garrard and Delhomme but so far both has turned us down. Nobody wants to come to this mess. Not even one of the worst QB's on the market.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

At this rate, if Henne is out for the season we'll be rocking Moore and Devlin because none of the veterans will want to play for us. Awesome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

dolfan75071 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we win the "Luck Sweepstakes" that will be the Silver lining from the trifecta. That will be their legacy and if it happens I for one will be thankful. :)

Bye Bye Trifecta

Hello new HC and Luck.

Would number 7 be a cursed number for Luck? haha
dolfan75071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

We're working out Jim Sorgi!!! The savior of our franchise is coming.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

and just like that Sage Rosenfels has officially become our backup QB...again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Since we all know that Sparano is gone after the season who are some coaches you guys would like to see replace him besides the top three guys (Fisher, Cowher and Gruden)?

Rex right hand man Mike Pettine is an interesting guy who I wouldnt mind being brought in.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see us get Cowher, I think he's the best coach available with Fisher being a close second. I'm not really a big fan of Gruden but he'd definitely be an upgrade on Sparano.

The biggest thing though is cheering for 0-16, I want Luck. This team is going nowhere so why win 4 or 5 games and get stuck with Landry Jones? It still burns me that we could have had Drew Brees twice, we're still trying to replace Marino 12 years later.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Idk who I want honestly. I liked Brian Schottenheimer and Russ Grimm as head coaching candidates back when we hired the trifecta and both are still looking for a head gig but at the same time, neither have done much of anything to help their stock, in fact both have gone backwards.

I like Cowher a lot and would definitely welcome him. Also not the biggest Gruden fan. Definitely don't like Billick even though it seems many still like him. A lesser known guy that I like is Pete Carmichael, New Orleans' offensive coordinator.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Idk who I want honestly. I liked Brian Schottenheimer and Russ Grimm as head coaching candidates back when we hired the trifecta and both are still looking for a head gig but at the same time, neither have done much of anything to help their stock, in fact both have gone backwards.

I like Cowher a lot and would definitely welcome him. Also not the biggest Gruden fan. Definitely don't like Billick even though it seems many still like him. A lesser known guy that I like is Pete Carmichael, New Orleans' offensive coordinator.
Yeah, thats a guy I think should come in for an interview(when the HC interview process has begun) to pick his brains and see what he's all about. Only problem with him is that he never called plays before up to my knowledge.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Anyone else thinking that tomorrow night's game is going to be fugly for us? The Jets attacking defense is going to kill our OL and Moore.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

full on Suck for Luck mode.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Gruden and Luck sure would be an epic duo together. Ahhh a man can dream.

Anyway, here's some interesting news.....

Quote:
So Ross is apparently planning ways to make sure the future isn’t spent in the same AFC East cellar where the team currently resides. And that means needing a plan for beyond 2011.
The limited portions of the plan sources have shared with The Miami Herald would go into effect as early as January if the team doesn’t turn things around. And the known parts of the plan are as simple as this:
Ross wants a franchise quarterback at the helm in 2012. He is said to be committed to veer away from any attempt that would add a “caretaker” quarterback as a potential starter. He is said to be tired of watching the Dolphins field backups disguised as starters.
Quote:
He wants his football people to find a quarterback that can compete either immediately or eventually on the same level as the NFL’s elite quarterbacks.
Ross is apparently so committed to doing this that the source confirmed it was the owner himself who told Jeff Ireland to shut down the attempt to add Kyle Orton in the summer when the general manager was still trying to trade for the Denver quarterback.
“Orton is a nice quarterback,” the source said. “But he’s not a franchise quarterback, and we weren’t going to pay him like one when he isn’t one.”
It doesn’t stop there. Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he’s aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.
So who is going to pick and coach the franchise quarterback Ross covets?
Sources close to Ross said the owner is open to either hiring a superstar head coach who would have final say over all of football operations or hiring a football czar type who would hire a coach and either hire a general manager or serve as the GM while having final say over all personnel moves.
Quote:
It’s impossible to predict which direction the Dolphins will be able to go. But this much is possible to predict:
Ross intends to hire a star.
If he hires a coach, his plan is to hire a proven name — someone such as Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden or someone else who might be available. That coach will have final say over all football matters. He would pick his GM and have final say over everyone in football operations.
Me like!

Old 10-18-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the sounds of that but I would also like an elite owner to go along with an elite QB and an elite Head Coach. However, this might be the best thing Ross has done for the team since he's been in charge. I think it's obvious that the team has tuned out Sparano and he needs to go, but it's pointless to fire him now and bring in somebody else because that plan very easily could backfire. The team rallies around the new coach, plays with newfound intensity and wins a couple of games and then we're out of the Suck For Luck race. Keeping Tony for the remainder of the season is IMO the best way for us to win that top pick then as soon as January rolls around, Tony's gone, new coach is in and Luck is as good as our's!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Man that was close, we nearly won a game. Phew.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Silly me for thinking we had this game won when we was up 15-0 with little time left. I should have known better then that.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man we can lose with style.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-31-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Another one bites the dust. St. Louis finally gets a win. Still hoping Peyton comes back for the final 4 games or so and they get 2-3 wins. Ideal situation for me would be that Indy and Jax split their two games, Indy beats Ten at home and we beat Washington. I don't want to go defeated but in that scenario, we'd get only one win while everyone else got to two (assuming StL and Ari pick up some wins in conference play which would be shocking if they didn't as both of their schedules get MUCH easier the rest of the way).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that we could win today's game?

Old 11-06-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Don't talk crazy dude.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-06-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that we could win today's game?
Thanks for jinxing it. Here's hoping to find yet another way to lose a game firmly in our grasp.

sig by BoneKrusher