Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Okie dokie, maybe. But, **** me, he didn't play last year cuz he broke his shoulder. Didn't Emery just say we won't take guys with injury histories?

What a weird smokescreen.
His shoulder must be better. I just looked at his pro day. He put 225lbs up 24 times.

Incidentally, that makes him stronger than our first round 3-4 OLB.

Runs in the 4.4s. Pretty good cover skills for a guy his size. I remember him looking legit in the one game I saw him in. The only thing I can remember hearing about him that was bad is his hands. He's a swatter rather than a picker.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, did I mention that our O line is still trash? I have a sad.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Also, did I mention that our O line is still trash? I have a sad.
Our line looked much better before Cutler's injury. Most of the issues with them were due to Martz' system. Look at how they played the Lions in the first game, and then how they pretty much shut them down in the 2nd. They've definitely showed improvement.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tice and Bates will make the offensive line look much better than Martz made it look like. I think they will want to move the pocket to keep Cutler out of danger. 3-5 step drops will also make things easier for him.
As for the picks, Jeffrey is somebody I would have hated at 19, but at 45, it's not too bad. Hardin might be able to do things in our scheme, but his fairly thorough injury history might be difficult to deal with. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about him, so I can't comment.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Emery i trust

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardin's injury history is only breaks, which are much less likely to re-occur than tears. If anyone has had an ACL or MCL tear, I would totally walk away. A broken shoulder? Those typically tend to heal 100%

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any desired picks for 111? I'm thinking it'll be Keenan Robinson, though I don't see the value after signing Geno Hayes.

Ta'amu would be cool but doesn't fit us, Charles maybe?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's another player that I like (very usable FB/H-back which we need).

But, again, is this a guy we couldn't have traded back for? I like Hardin and this pick, but I just don't think they are playing the value game very well at all.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Massie on the board again :(

We needed another TE, but come on. Value on the board at T and we don't snag him!

Edit: surprised Charles is still on the board too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ugh....get off the Massie stuff.

This happens all the damn time. Players drop, and because some draft guy said they were valuable, everyone believes it. There's a reason that every single NFL GM has passed on the guy multiple times.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ok missing a guy who everyone says is "valuable" in round 2, and to some extent in round three. I understand that there is a reason they fall. At the same time, I would like to see the Bears pull the trigger in round 4 on a guy who was valued at round 2, especially at a position of need. The TE fills a hole, but I feel the value was more with T.

But, Emery knows what he is doing better than I do.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obviously he didnt grade out to be a 2nd round talent with the bears

Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These players had better turn out, otherwise Emery will be roasted for the value game....

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

if shea is a great starter, the rest i think will not be such a big deal

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 04-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Exactly. Drafts are judged by the first two rounds. If you get two starters out of a draft, you win. If you don't, you lose.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

My question is: How bad do Andre Smith, Kyle Adams, and Draylen Ross suck that they don't look like they can be used in a FB/H-back role? We know Tyler Clutts can make 19 terrible blocks and one highlight reel block. Surely they can beat that?

I'm fine with the Rodriguez pick, I suppose. I even understand taking him in the fourth. He fits into my personal pick value philosophy. I want first and second rounders to be capable of starting in season one, third rounders to be capable of rotational use in season one with an eye on future of full-time starting, fourth rounders to be boom or bust guys, and round 5-7 to be special teams.

I don't know him, but after reading about a dozen scouting reports it looks like:

Pros:
-Big catch radius
-Excellent run blocking
-Leading receiver on his crappy team
-Capable of some YAC
-Good hands
-Good route running
-Regularly beats linebackers

Cons:
-Too small to be a traditional TE
-Gets overpowered easily when pass blocking
-Plays a little slower than his timed speed
-Was often too slow to beat safeties
-Has 3 misdemeanors on his record

The reports varied on his position. Some think he's a full-time FB. Most think he's an H-back and is going to require some serious creativity to make him productive.

Measurables [bold numbers are NE Patriot Aaron Hernandez for comparison]:
6'1" , 239 lbs [6'2", 245]
32" arms, 9.5" hands [32.25"" , 9.75"]
4.58 forty [4.64]
18 bench [30]
36" vertical , 9'11" broad [33' , 9'3"]
4.28 shuttle [4.18]
6.94 cone [6.83]

I included the numbers for Hernandez because everyone pretty much says he's a poor man's Hernandez.

So he looks like he's got the potential to be moved around and work the middle for mismatches, but do we have an OC good enough to pull it off? Who knows? At this point, Tice is a complete mystery. He could be a bumbling moron or an offensive genius for all we know.

I wish everyone would stop trying to copy the Patriots tight ends and just focus on scheming to stop them. I must admit, though...it is a little exciting that we appear to be tooling up for a high-octane passing attack like everyone else.

Now if we just had an O line...
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Please go BPA at our next pick...there is still some value on the board

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Isiah Frey it is

Old 04-28-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

4 year starter at Nevada. Had 5 picks last season. 1st team all-WAC. Ran a 4.45 at his pro day. That's nice.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-28-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

16 passes broken up last season, too. Either he got thrown at a lot or he really knows how to play the ball. Had the same number of bench press reps as our new first round 3-4 OLB (yeah, still not over that). Solid agility numbers.

I guess he gets burned pretty badly when he has to move laterally, so that's why he's a sixth rounder.

Seems solid for what it is.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most people had him as a stretch to get drafted. I've haven't seen much of him so I can't really say much about him, but I would think corners such as Ryan Steed, Leonard Johnson, and Chase Minnifield would have been better picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Hoping we take a shot Dennard in the seventh. Maybe he doesn't go to jail. Who knows?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Most people had him as a stretch to get drafted. I've haven't seen much of him so I can't really say much about him, but I would think corners such as Ryan Steed, Leonard Johnson, and Chase Minnifield would have been better picks.
I wouldn't put much stock into anything that people on the internet say, particularly when it comes to the later rounds.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

CB Greg McCoy in the 7th. Special teams only. Good returner. Will never play defense because he is truly putrid.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Cannot say that I am happy with the end of the draft. I know, 51, it doesn't really matter. My opinion on the end of the draft is that you may as well take guys who have a pretty good track record in college. IE Dennard, Burfict, some of the other guys who had a higher rating. There is a good chance that the 7th rounder gets cut, so why not take a shot on a guy who slid down?

Overall, not a terrible draft, but one that reminds me a lot of what we would see from JA...so not as enthusiastic as I thought I would be.

Classic TCU pick lol

Quote: