Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Would the Colts Select Andrew Luck if They Got the #1 Pick?
Yes 98 86.73%
No 15 13.27%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Justin Blackmon, Nick Foles+ 2013 first rounder<<<<<Luck
If only Foles was good.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how this is debatable. The Colts could potentially have that QB position secure for three decades (spanning from Manning going at #1 though Luck's potential career).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, the advantage of Luck is that the learning curve should be very quick for him. He should be ready to use out of the box, so therefore I don't see any point in him being seasoned. In all honesty, I'd just hand him the keys and trade Peyton away, creating far more cap flexibility. Then go out and spend the money to make sure the team around Luck is top notch. I'd keep Peyton at that cap number for one year at the most if you've drafted Luck, it's just too much money.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
To me, the advantage of Luck is that the learning curve should be very quick for him. He should be ready to use out of the box, so therefore I don't see any point in him being seasoned. In all honesty, I'd just hand him the keys and trade Peyton away, creating far more cap flexibility. Then go out and spend the money to make sure the team around Luck is top notch. I'd keep Peyton at that cap number for one year at the most if you've drafted Luck, it's just too much money.
No rookie QB is ready "out of the box". Manning himself was horrible his rookie year. You don't draft Luck and immediately trade Manning.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
No rookie QB is ready "out of the box". Manning himself was horrible his rookie year. You don't draft Luck and immediately trade Manning.
The thought is that Luck is far further ahead of the curve than most rookie NFL QB's and ready to start right away and not a raw developmental prospect. Fair point, but how do you improve the team in the meanwhile with approximately one quarter of your payroll devoted to one position? Wayne and Mathis are free agents after this season too, and Freeney the year after. You're either re-loading, or rebuilding. Drafting Luck to me means purging the payroll and re-building.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What about a team like Jacksonville, Carolina, Minnesota even? Not great QB situations but invested a 1st in a QB last year. They don't go Luck.
Whether it's New England, Atlanta, Green Bay, Pittsburgh or Carolina, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Tennessee I'm taking Luck in a heartbeat. Those first four teams will just trade him away that weekend, the last four should see if anybody wants to trade for Newton, Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Spectre
Rookie

Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.

When the Colts have a healthy franchise QB, they're a Super Bowl contender. When he's not, a thread like this that hypothetically gives the Colts the worst record in the league is a completely legitimate thought.

It answers itself...
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The Colts gotta take Luck in the scenario.

In fact, there are only two or three teams that should even think about passing on Luck.
I'm interested to know which 2-3 teams you were referring to, Scott..
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh, it's definitely more than 2-3...

Falcon's wouldn't consider it unless it was for trade purposes.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No team is going to just pass on Luck at #1 for another player. Either a team is going to take him #1 or trade the pick for a load of picks/players. His value is just too high. Even if the Packers pick #1, they wouldn't pass on him. That would be like passing on a $100 bill to take a $50 bill, simply because you already have a $100 bill. You trade one of your $100 bills for a $50, 2 $20s and a $10.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you really just say the Packers wouldn't pass on Andrew Luck? To me, that's the definition of hyperbole.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing the 2-3 he means are 2-3 that have a realistic shot of actually picking that high.

So take out the Superbowl/playoff contenders who are impossibly unlikely to be picking that high...Green Bay, Philly, New Orleans, Atlanta, San Diego, New England, NY Jets, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NY Giants, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and I'll even throw in Houston.

The Bears and Cowboys could certainly be playoff teams imo, but if they aren't, they could be in for a regime change and the new staff may want their own QB. Even then, i don't think they'd be in position for Luck because I can't see either being #1 pick bad.

I'm going to piss of Chiefs fans but I still don't think Matt Cassel is a franchise QB, so if they were in position to take Luck, they should. I doubt they'll pick high enough for that though.

I also didn't list Detroit because if Stafford were to get hurt again, and no one should rule that out, they might need to consider moving on to a new QB if in position to take one.

So leaves us with:
Minnesota
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Buffalo
Miami
Washington
Jacksonville
Indy
Tennessee
Carolina
Arizona
San Fran
Seattle
Denver
Oakland

The bolded teams are ones that drafted QBs high just last year. Cincinnati is the only one I could see taking Luck if they drafted that high. The others, and I know that this sounds ridiculous but, would stick with their other recent first rounders IMO. So I'm sorry to say to fans of those teams that even if you're in position to draft Luck, I think you'll pass.

I'll also finally take out Arizona because of how much they gave up to get Kevin Kolb. There is a small chance that if they are bad enough to have a shot at luck, Whisenhunt and crew could be fired and the new staff might take Luck, not feeling as attached to Kolb. So they have a small chance.

And yes, San Fran just drafted Kaepernick, but I don't think Harbaugh would pass on a chance to reunite with Luck.

And of course, we're all debating Indy right now.

So, my list of teams who would draft Luck without hesitation are:
Cleveland
Cincy
Buffalo
Miami
Washington
San Fran
Seattle
Oakland
Denver
Old 09-10-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Did you really just say the Packers wouldn't pass on Andrew Luck? To me, that's the definition of hyperbole.
Nope, they wouldn't pass on him because they'd have traded the #1 pick before the Draft started.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Nope, they wouldn't pass on him because they'd have traded the #1 pick before the Draft started.
You know there is another option? If you already have a starting qb take another player who you think could have a huge impact. Of course this depends on the draft and if there are other must get players. If their is a Ndamukong Suh or Jake Long you take them.Their is no reason to take another qb just to sit on the bench and eat up salary when you get another player who can play and make an instant impact.
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers1984 View Post
You know there is another option? If you already have a starting qb take another player who you think could have a huge impact.
An NFL team is not going to pass on a player of that value, even if they don't need him, when they can instead trade down, get a package of picks/players, and still potentially get the other player they want. Some team with a very high 1st round pick would want to trade up for Luck. The team with the #1 pick might be able to move down to #2 or #3 and still get additional picks/players. Passing on Luck will only happen in the mind of fans. Luck is going #1, no matter who finishes the season with the #1 pick.

Last edited by Halsey : 09-10-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
An NFL team is not going to pass on a player of that valuable, even if they don't need him, when they can instead trade down, get a package of picks/players, and still potentially get the other player they want.
Especially not the Packers, as their GM is very much a value-oriented drafter. If trading the #1 overall pick/the rights to Luck gets you more total value than any other player you could select at that spot, then you do it in a heartbeat.

The Packers would take Luck in the improbable situation that they would select first, but they would trade away his rights before the draft is over.

But if you're picking #1 overall, the sensible thing is to take Luck. Whether it's to trade him or to play him depends on which team ends up picking there.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way they would pass on Luck is if they liked Barkley more and could fleece the team in the two slot and still get the guy they wanted. With Manning's career and the relationship they have enjoyed the chances of them not grading out the more cerebral guy (Luck) higher is pretty slim.

With a really good showing this year Barkley could really close the gap for some talent evaluators. It's a long shot, but there's a reason final grades don't come in until late in the process.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no one is gonna pass on Luck for Barkley. It's one thing that he doesn't do anything as well as Luck, it's another that he's only like 6'1".
Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Take Luck and don't look back

There is too much value in Luck not to take him with the number 1 overall pick. But if I am a colts fan, the thought of having Luck as the successor to Peyton would be awesome. I am a Steelers fan and am hoping Pittsburgh can somehow get him. I think he will be (much) better than Big Ben.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NFL is a business, and if the Colts had the #1 overall pick they have to take Luck. I think Luck would only need to sit and learn for a year, maybe 2 at the most. After that, he needs to start. So if that means trading Manning when he is healthy and good again, thats what that means. And hopefully we'd get something good in return even if he is up there in age.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

Would it make more sense to draft a QB prospect with overwhelming physical gifts like Robert Griffin if you're going to let him set 4-5 years anyways. Then trade the 1st overall pick for more picks to stock that team up with talent.
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thought is that Luck is far further ahead of the curve than most rookie NFL QB's and ready to start right away and not a raw developmental prospect. Fair point, but how do you improve the team in the meanwhile with approximately one quarter of your payroll devoted to one position? Wayne and Mathis are free agents after this season too, and Freeney the year after. You're either re-loading, or rebuilding. Drafting Luck to me means purging the payroll and re-building.
The answer is that you dont. The scenario which you have just implied is the real life scenario for the Colts for the last decade while Manning has been there.

The fact that we are even having this discussion speaks to how badly the organization has been run for the last decade. If your team is dependent on one guy and if you dont have him you go from playoff contender to possible first round pick then imagine how good you could have been if there was a real team around that guy.

People think Polian is some draft guru but he has essentially ridden Peytons coat tails for almost his entire tenure with the Colts.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
People think Polian is some draft guru but he has essentially ridden Peytons coat tails for almost his entire tenure with the Colts.
He rode Jim Kelly's coattails before that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts are just so hard to predict. Needless to say if Peyton is out for the year, they could be the worst team in the league. So, excluding the Colts, these would be my eleven (because I think 7-11 is really close) worst teams in the league:

1) Carolina (Newton)
2) Buffalo
3) Denver
4) Cincinnati
5) Miami
6) Jacksonville (Gabbart)
7) Cleveland
8) Seattle
9) Minnesota (Ponder)
10) Arizona (Kolb)
11) Washington

Take out the four with investments in young QB's and I think that's your top 7. I also think that assures we see at least three quarterbacks go in the top 15 picks. Again.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So, excluding the Colts, these would be my eleven (because I think 7-11 is really close) worst teams in the league:

1) Carolina (Newton)
6) Jacksonville (Gabbart)
9) Minnesota (Ponder)
10) Arizona (Kolb)

Take out the four with investments in young QB's and I think that's your top 7.
Personally, if I'm the GM for Carolina, Jacksonville, Minnesota, or Arizona I would take Andrew Luck at #1 overall. He's a much better pro prospect than Newton, Gabbert, Ponder, and Kolb, and he's likely a rare QB prospect that you can't really afford to pass up on if you have the chance to take him (I have a higher grade on Luck already than on any QB since Palmer.) At the very least, you draft him and wait for offers to come in.