Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona St.

What are everyone's thoughts on him? He's a junior and this will be his first year as a full time starter.

My thoughts:

He's HUGE, listed at 6'8 and appears to have a very lively arm having thrown some nice passes tonight. He also looks like he can move around pretty well too.

I think he's a guy to watch for 2013.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him a lot. Big frame, big arm, puts a lot of zip on his passes, and he's pretty mobile for a guy his size. He also has a quick delivery. He is still very raw though. Like you said, he is someone to pay attention to in 2013.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The sick reality of this business is that he might be a guy to watch for this year if he has any production whatsoever. You don't find guys with that kind of size and athleticism very often. It's still super early with a small sample size, but you've got to like what you've seen so far. Best thing I've seen about him is the sheer athleticism. He moves far better than most jumbo size quarterbacks do. Not a scrambler or a guy who is going to burn you running very often, but his movements and mechanics are just very easy and fluid. Moves well within the pocket as well.

He's got a long way to go, but he's got as much potential as any QB out there south of Luck... and as much physically as anyone.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to toot my own horn but I was impressed with him last year as a replacement for Threet. He has all the tools needed at the next level. I hope he stays the next two years and does not leave early so he can develop.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As has been said, he has a ways to go yet, but the only comparison I can think of with that kind of size and smooth athletic ability is Ben Roethlisberger.

I was most impressed with a couple of shorter passes he threw. On-target laser beams.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe semantics, but I don't see Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger is a naturally thick human being. Osweiler has a wing basketball build, which has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages. I also haven't seen a guy that likes the hold the ball as much as Big Ben does quite yet. Small sample size, but I'm not quite feeling that at the moment. Can't really give a precise answer as to who he reminds me of though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that TD to #4 didn't lead him as much as I would have wanted, if we are going to nitpick.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Maybe semantics, but I don't see Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger is a naturally thick human being. Osweiler has a wing basketball build, which has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages. I also haven't seen a guy that likes the hold the ball as much as Big Ben does quite yet. Small sample size, but I'm not quite feeling that at the moment. Can't really give a precise answer as to who he reminds me of though.
In my opinion there isn't a true comparison. We haven't seen a 6'8 QB, let alone one with his skills.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that TD to #4 didn't lead him as much as I would have wanted, if we are going to nitpick.
I think he's got the right ideas about ball placement and timing. Clearly some stuff to work on there though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of John Skelton if anyone, not a bad think I loved Skelton as a prospect

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea there really isnt a good comparison for him. his body type is more like a john isner or an andrew brackman than any of the other 6'6+ QBs we've seen

i really like what i've seen from him. he isn't a finished product by any means but teams have taken bigger fliers on guys with worse tools and ability
Old 09-10-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With two more seasons of experience in CFB, this guy could be quite the prospect. He has a terrific arm and a very compact release considering his height. He actually reminds me of a young Joseph Flacco.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I really like is that his size isn't a handicap for him. He moves well and just looks fluid. His arm strength is looking like its very good to great, but not quite elite yet. His release is a lot quicker and compact than I would think for a lanky guy like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
JLaw45
Rookie

JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy View Post
In my opinion there isn't a true comparison. We haven't seen a 6'8 QB, let alone one with his skills.
Actually...
JLaw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about going to the university of montana to play football for a little while my senior year, half way through the year we go to play Flathead High School in Montana....Osweiler was their QB.

Beat him 42-6.

Now look at the frickin kid lol. Prolly gonna be makin some bucks playin on sundays. He has come a long way from when I played against him, release is much quicker now than it was, and hes gotten much thicker.

His freshman and sophomore year he was committed to play basketball at Gonzaga by the way. Good athlete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on him? He's a junior and this will be his first year as a full time starter.

My thoughts:

He's HUGE, listed at 6'8 and appears to have a very lively arm having thrown some nice passes tonight. He also looks like he can move around pretty well too.

I think he's a guy to watch for 2013.
If Barkley goes pro, I'd have him as the #1 QB in 2013.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:/ he's no where near that good, with a good year he can be a mid-late round developmental QB but his footwork and throwing motion need a ton of work as well as he needs to add a ton of muscle to his frame.

But most likely ASU's new headcoach is going to come from a spread offense (Leech or Sumlin) so he will just continue to take snaps from the shotgun and not work on his drops

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Little bit of thread necromancy....he looked quite good in the game I was watching when I first posted this at least.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw45 View Post
McGuire was the first one to come to mind and that isnt necessarily a good thing.

Brock is a good athlete. Originally was going to go to Gonzaga on a basketball scholarship so there's that. Personally will need to see a lot more before i can get too excited about him for 2013.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-nfl-draft/

Osweiler is coming out. Must not have liked the idea of the change in ASU coaching staff.

Mid-rounder with enormous upside I'm thinking. 5th round pick?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump. No Barkley, no Jones. Someone will fall in love...

EDIT: one minute later... wtf
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Bump. No Barkley, no Jones. Someone will fall in love...

EDIT: one minute later... wtf
Yeah, the position has two GREAT ones at the top, them some "meh" ones in Tannehill (2nd round imo) and Foles (who I strongly dislike at the position.)

5th round is my early starting point. If he works out well and some teams fall in love with the physical tools, he could raise. Given that is pretty raw and only has one year as a full time starter, I wouldn't take him any earlier than the 3rd. Someone may though.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he signs with Tom Condon, he'll get first round buzz by tomorrow.

We may have found this year's Gabbert. Love this kid's tools, but he's going to get seriously overdrafted.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Josh Freeman declared did people think he was a 1st rounder or did he steadily rise up draft boards because of his tools?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
When Josh Freeman declared did people think he was a 1st rounder or did he steadily rise up draft boards because of his tools?
I think he was regarded as a 1st rounder by a lot of draftniks but not mid first when he first declared.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote