Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-29-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory X View Post

If someone's going to say, "Osweiler's got so many tools and look how successful Newton was with just one year's starting experience!" it worthy to note that Cam was better in every single ******* aspect.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand, at all, why people are comparing Osweiler to Newton. If there's a QB from last year to compare Osweiler to, it's Mallett what with awkward too-tall frame, the bad footwork, and the corresponding accuracy issues with non-primary reads and under pressure.

The key difference is that Osweiler lacks experience, while Mallett had big time character reds.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mobility, size, and scheme. Newton isn't a good name to bring up because of the difference between the two running, but I wouldn't say Mallet is a good name either. Brock's ability to escape pressure and run a little bit makes him a drastically different player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I don't understand, at all, why people are comparing Osweiler to Newton. If there's a QB from last year to compare Osweiler to, it's Mallett what with awkward too-tall frame, the bad footwork, and the corresponding accuracy issues with non-primary reads and under pressure.

The key difference is that Osweiler lacks experience, while Mallett had big time character reds.
Not sure anyone intended to compare him to Newton just their situations. (one full year starting)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

to be 6ft 8inches tall,he really gets around good! he's a beast! i wish he'd fall into the skins laps draft day.he may not play this season,but he's worth waiting on,IMHO.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osweiler's 40 time is probably going to be directly in between Newton's and Mallett's. He shouldn't be compared to either of them
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Osweiler's 40 time is probably going to be directly in between Newton's and Mallett's. He shouldn't be compared to either of them
I honestly can't think of anything that takes place at the combine I care less about than "quarterback 40 times." He could run a 4.2 and that wouldn't elevate him as a QB prospect in my eyes.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly can't think of anything that takes place at the combine I care less about than "quarterback 40 times." He could run a 4.2 and that wouldn't elevate him as a QB prospect in my eyes.
Agree. Not like those two guys in the game next week are speed burners. I do like to pay attention to shuttle times though.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a 6'8 guy ran a 4.2 it would move him up my board pretty quickly.

...as a WR.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
neoroks32
Rookie

neoroks32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

...as a WR.
Lebron James???
neoroks32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

He cetainly won't have a hard time seeing over the linemen ,will he?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:

...as a WR.
QBs often refuse to do WR drills, and I wouldn't draft this hypothetical 6'8" 4.2 guy until he shows me he can catch the ball.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
QBs often refuse to do WR drills, and I wouldn't draft this hypothetical 6'8" 4.2 guy until he shows me he can catch the ball.
You can improve a guy's concentration on catching the ball and you can improve his route running. You can't teach 6'8 4.2.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Osweiler is far closer to Newton than Mallett, not skill wise but just the way they play
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If said 6'8 player was a former high level basketball player I'd draft him regardless.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Osweiler is far closer to Newton than Mallett, not skill wise but just the way they play
Well that's like saying that I'm closer to Shaq than the guy who played Mini-Me. Newton and Mallett's styles of play are THAT drastically different. Newton is a smooth natural athlete while Mallett has bricks for feet.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's like saying that I'm closer to Shaq than the guy who played Mini-Me. Newton and Mallett's styles of play are THAT drastically different. Newton is a smooth natural athlete while Mallett has bricks for feet.
Even then, that may be giving him 2 much credit lol. I think Mallett is, well let me say, can, be a very good NFL starting QB. Top 10 eventually. He just has to take this time seriously behind Brady, and I still think he's always going to run into issues if his line breaks down. Even a guy like Rivers who is just as clumsy, seems to have a much better feel for the pocket.

Luckily those are things you can learn with time if your not rushed, and the Pats seem to be well on their way to an elite offensive line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper's #3 QB and McShay's #4 now. But McShay also had him as his most overlooked guy and had Tannehill, his #3 for the moment, as his most risky guy.

I agree. I think RT has more upside but I'd put Brock over him because of that risk factor. Basically I just don't see RT leading his squad down the field for the game winning score very often even though I do like him. Poor man's Joe Flacco imo, which if you watched the Ravens playoff game isn't half bad to be. But I like Osweiler's pocket presence better. Especially his ability to get it there while under duress/getting hit. Delivery reminds of Phillip Rivers but I still see a giant Mark Sanchez-as a prospect coming out-before Rex sat on him.

Looking forward to seeing Luck, Griffin and Osweiler throw at the combine. Osweiler likely the consensus #3 guy afterward. But it's too bad Tannehill can't show that he's easily got the strongest arm of the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can improve a guy's concentration on catching the ball and you can improve his route running. You can't teach 6'8 4.2.
Matt Jones was 6'6 and 4.3...That's pretty close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How I feel about Kiper and McShay right about now.

HOW THE **** IS OSWEILER OVERLOOKED AND/OR RISKIER THAN TANNEHILL.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pity the team that drafts Osweiler.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's not about who drafts him, but where. There's nothing wrong with taking a guy like Osweiler in the second if you really believe he can be a franchise QB one day. It's more about the fact that it's looking more and more like he has a legit shot at the first round that's disturbing.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He's going to be a "flame out of the league before his rookie contract is up" type of guy like I expect Gabbert to be.

CAA blows in those ESPN ears hard, man. They pump those guys up every ******* year.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gabbert = Osweiler thing is getting tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
It's not about who drafts him, but where. There's nothing wrong with taking a guy like Osweiler in the second if you really believe he can be a franchise QB one day. It's more about the fact that it's looking more and more like he has a legit shot at the first round that's disturbing.
But if you believe that, then why not in the first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
The Gabbert = Osweiler thing is getting tired.

But if you believe that, then why not in the first?
Honestly? Risk assessment. Why draft someone who can bust in the first when you can draft a much safer player and a developmental guy later?

The problem with this line of thinking, of course, is that not everyone adheres to it. That's why Osweiler might not be there for the team thinking like this in the second, because some dumbass went ahead and pulled the trigger 40 picks too early.
Quote: