Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow...the 49ers playcalling is terrible. Just terrible. Six chances to get it in the endzone near the goalline and you can't do it? That's just embarrassing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really sad we get stuffed 3 straight times
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For sure. That is one of the least talented front sevens in the league. To not be able to deal with them is a very bad sign for the season.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Start scouting olinemen. We need at least 3 of them.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers have a good chance to lose to the Seahawks at home, the easiest game on the schedule. Way to start the season.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
49ers have a good chance to lose to the Seahawks at home, the easiest game on the schedule. Way to start the season.
Teddy Ginn says, "wut?!"

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy, Ballgame!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboy had a big game. Other than Ngata, is there a better 3-4 end than Smith?

I just missed the Niners as my DST pick....
Old 09-11-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
KHunter32
Rookie

KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KHunter32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginn for MVP?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shots of Ginn for everyone!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Wow. That was badass.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Teddy Ginn says, "wut?!"
Thank goodness for Ginn deciding to put the team on his back.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See what happens when you realize you have a pair Ginn?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Cowboys rolling into town next week. Not looking forward to facing that offense.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Cowboys rolling into town next week. Not looking forward to facing that offense.
Romo's gonna get hurt real good. Will he last long enough for me to start Austin Miles is the question?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw the first game of my 49ers on NFL ST and good defense even though you could see they got tired in the second half, Ginn won us this game period. OL was average at best, Gore did nothing. Smith and company wasnt much better but my biggest complaint - the play-calling. Is it just me or did it feel like Nolan/Singletary were still our HC?

At least we won. I'm happy about that. We at least build something towards the Cowboys next week.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

1/12 on third downs isn't going to cut it. The playcalling was absolutely terrible. I don't know why Harbaugh was so afraid to let Alex play quarterback. Running twice on third and long when the run game wasn't working was really dumb in my opinion. Ted Ginn can't save us every week, which is why I'm not really excited for this win against the Seahawks, who may be the worst team in the NFL. The Cowboys come to town next week and the passing game is going to have to take off in order for us to have a chance. And we'll need to convert on third downs. Romo could have a career day if the defense has to stay on the field all the time.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Harbaugh is playing conservative because, let's think this out, they've only had a couple weeks of real practices. Ignore that "Camp Alex" non-sense. They've probably installed a small portion of their offense, and when the defense was eating that Seattle o-line alive, I can't blame Harbaugh for doing enough to win his first ever game. I guess I can say that because I'm happy we won (thanks, Teddy).

That said, I am not looking forward to the Cowboys coming to Candlestick and watching DeMarcus Ware eat Alex Smith alive. Especially since I live in Dallas.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-11-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think Harbaugh is playing conservative because, let's think this out, they've only had a couple weeks of real practices. Ignore that "Camp Alex" non-sense. They've probably installed a small portion of their offense, and when the defense was eating that Seattle o-line alive, I can't blame Harbaugh for doing enough to win his first ever game. I guess I can say that because I'm happy we won (thanks, Teddy).

That said, I am not looking forward to the Cowboys coming to Candlestick and watching DeMarcus Ware eat Alex Smith alive. Especially since I live in Dallas.
I thought our OL actually played well in pass protection. Didn't allow a sack and Alex generally had time. I don't think he even got hit once. Run game is another story. But keep in mind Seattle has a very underrated run defense when Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant are starting, but i wish we weren't running into a wall every play.

Anyways, I also agree with you that as time goes on, we'll open our offense up more. Thats simply because as we have more time to practice, we can install more plays. But i was definitely dissappointed in our playcalling, too much like 2010 for my liking.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 09-11-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

That conservative mantra isn't going to work against Dallas unfortunately. Even a lot of the runs were simplistic. I think our best chance is if Frank Gore has one of his best games ever. But I don't see that happening against that defense. The offensive line needs to do a better job run blocking. I think we lose the next game. I'm just praying it's not an embarrassing blowout. We haven't thrown a touchdown pass since last season. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

book it, teddy for player of the week

Old 09-11-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That conservative mantra isn't going to work against Dallas unfortunately. Even a lot of the runs were simplistic. I think our best chance is if Frank Gore has one of his best games ever. But I don't see that happening against that defense. The offensive line needs to do a better job run blocking. I think we lose the next game. I'm just praying it's not an embarrassing blowout. We haven't thrown a touchdown pass since last season. Ridiculous.
Completely agree. When I am begging Harbaugh's image in the screen to let Alex Smith, of all people, throw the football, that's pretty upsetting.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

+1

Like i said during TC and pre-season, the first 4 games are gonna be tough to watch because of the time constraits we were under but after that I expect the team to gel and the staff to be able to gameplan like they would normally. I was wondering why Fangio called a vanilla gameplan defensively. But Kevin Lynch reported after the game that Fangio predicted they would be in max protect a majority of the game to protect Jackson, which they were so I can understand why they didnt really send anything exotic at the Hawk's O.

Offensively, it was what I expected. Our defense dominated the first half and we were playing with a lead so I figured we would just try to maintain and keep Alex upright. I dont think people understand just how much the lockout affected us. We probably have about 60% of the playbook installed and probably havent devoted alot of practice time to situational stuff like a staff normally would so things like red-zone offense, short-yardage, back to the endzone type of stuff will suffer early. But we will have to ramp it up next week. The Cowgirls offense will defintely put our D on notice. How we match-up with Witten, Bryant, and Austin will be very interesting. Bryant is giving Revis all he can handle right now, Austin is a beast, and Witten.....is just Witten, a handful. And Rex Ryan will hold nothing back. The staff will have to earn their money this week.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-11-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are my grades for the game

Special Teams- A+. All the specialists did their jobs well, the coverage units didn't allow a return from Washington, our blocking was good, and Ginn broke 2 TD's.

Defense- B+. Got an insane amount of pressure and our run defense showed no drop off despite losing Manusky, Spikes, and Franklin. Doug Baldwin was the only Seahawk on offense to make an impact, everyone else was largely invisible.

Offense- D+/C-. No sacks and no turnovers, but too few splash plays and too many conservative play calls. I can reason it down to not having a lot of the offense installed, but this won't fly against Dallas and Philadelphia. We won't get 2 TD's from Ginn every week. Need to focus on the passing game more, and need to get Hunter involved in the gameplan as well.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll be at the game next week, and let everyone know my observations