Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Boldin has been to one before. Didn't Wilson also finally make it this year?
Wilson was there for sure. What was it, NFC and AFC tied at 28, with time ticking down? And a big PI penalty called. Game over.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
CDawg54

1. Kellen Winslow
2. Sean Jones
3. Kamerion Wimbley
Honorary Mention: Leigh Bodden, Eric Steinbach
Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Mark Clayton - look for him to have over 1,000 yards and somewhere around 8-11 TDs

Dawan Landry - He is a beast and with Ed Reed, and C Mac on the other side of him look for him to continue to get oppurtunities to make a ton of INTs.

Haloti Ngata - Ive said it before and I'll say it again, he won't win the award but he'll be the Ravens MVP cause he will continue to eat up blockers and allow Ray, Bart, Sizzle, and Double J to make plays without any trouble. IMO he will be one of the most dominating interior DLman in the NFL for many years to come.
ERU ole buddy we are on the same page once again because these were the exact 3 guys I was thinking of when I was going to post in this thread. And I couldn't agree more on the analysis on all three players. There is a message to the league with all these guys and its do your own scouting. Mark Clayton was a later 1st round pick and was the most polished WR in the draft yet he slipped to the the Ravens, I mean Matt Jones was a QB who would transition to a WR and was drafted before him. Dawan Landry was a 5th round pick and flew under the radar in the draft but the Ravens' scouts knew who he was and weren't afraid to wait to get there guy and once again the strategy worked. As for Ngata, what wonders a veteran locker room to keep a guy with questions about his work ethic coming out of the draft playing at an elite level.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, Jay Cutler
Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCutlery View Post
Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, Jay Cutler
I believe Mr. Bailey may have been to a Pro Bowl once or twice before. :D Try again...

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Houshmanzadeh, Geathers, JJ

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Brian Moorman is barring any other AFC punter from making the Pro Bowl as long his career may go. Which is forever.
I'm hoping for an injury. :p

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I'm hoping for an injury. :p
Crap, we play Washington this year. Don't run a fake!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Dallas cowboys:
-Leonard Davis
-Terence Newman
-Marc Columbo

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Crap, we play Washington this year. Don't run a fake!
That would be brutal and yet hilarious! Or if karma does exist, they run it and Moorman bowls over Taylor for the first. That would be the play of the year without a doubt! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-31-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Tnew fan41...JUST SHUT UP! YOU EMBERASS COWBOY FANS EVERYWHERE! YOU SPEAK OUT OF YOUR A.SS ! sorry for the inconvenience others...he's slow...How come everyone on this site hates you...because u act reterded and make ridiculous statements!

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I believe Mr. Bailey may have been to a Pro Bowl once or twice before. :D Try again...
Oops. I didn't read that. My bad..

Jay Cutler, DJ Williams, Tony Scheffler
Old 03-31-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oops. I didn't read that. My bad..

Jay Cutler, DJ Williams, Tony Scheffler
I like that Scheffler kid, but I think the Graham signing will hurt his playing time. If nothing else he's the future at tight end for Denver.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-31-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

For the Vikings I'll say:
1. Antoine Winfield- Can he really have not been to a pro bowl? I guess he doesn't make the Sportscenter highlight reel all that often, but he's been such a consistent cover CB, and in my opinion the best tackling CB in the league. A leader on the defense, but he's getting up there in years and unfortunately I don't see this happening.
2. Cedric Griffin- Really one of the only picks I liked in our draft last year, he played well and will only get better.
3. Bryant Mckinnie- A guy who many don't believe has lived up to expectations, but I really like him, and think he will eventually (and deservedly) make it to the pro bowl.

If i had to put a 4th, it would be Chad Greenway, a pick I didn't really like but other than E.J. or maybe Chester (both long shots themselves) I'm not sure.

Last edited by Purple N Proud : 03-31-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple N Proud View Post
For the Vikings I'll say:
1. Antoine Winfield- Can he really have not been to a pro bowl? I guess he doesn't make the Sportscenter highlight reel all that often, but he's been such a consistent cover CB, and in my opinion the best tackling CB in the league. A leader on the defense, but he's getting up there in years and unfortunately I don't see this happening.
2. Cedric Griffin- Really one of the only picks I liked in our draft last year, he played well and will only get better.
3. Bryant Mckinnie- A guy who many don't believe has lived up to expectations, but I really like him, and think he will eventually (and deservedly) make it to the pro bowl.

I want to say fat pat too, but he's already so old. If i had to put a 4th, it would be Chad Greenway, a pick I didn't really like but other than E.J. or maybe Chester (both long shots themselves) I'm not sure.
Didn't Pat Williams get selected for this past Pro Bowl as an alternate or injury replacement and played?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-31-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I like that Scheffler kid, but I think the Graham signing will hurt his playing time. If nothing else he's the future at tight end for Denver.
Yeah, but we will start using some two-TE formations, with Scheffler as the reciever and Graham as the blocker.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yeah, but we will start using some two-TE formations, with Scheffler as the reciever and Graham as the blocker.
Graham is a better reciever than people give him credit for. Plus he went to my HS :) - http://tjtouchdownclub.com/alumni.htm

Sig by yours truly.

Last edited by Aftermath : 03-31-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not to mention you don't pay a guy that much money to just block.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

AJ Hawk.
Al Harris.
Nick Collins.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

Haha yea what am I talking about thats just embarrasing
Old 03-31-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
AJ Hawk.
Al Harris.
Nick Collins.
Harris is on the decline. If he was going to make a probowl that time has passed. The only way I see it happening is if the Packers have a 13-3 year or something of the like where 6-7 guys make the probowl.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Harris is on the decline. If he was going to make a probowl that time has passed. The only way I see it happening is if the Packers have a 13-3 year or something of the like where 6-7 guys make the probowl.
Oh you. He may be on the decline age wise, but his play has given no indication that he's ready to give out.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets:
Kerry Rhodes
Nick Mangold
Jericho Cocthery

very good chance all of them are there.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Oh you. He may be on the decline age wise, but his play has given no indication that he's ready to give out.
His last year was definately worse than the 3-4 prior to that. I think most Packers fans would agree with that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
His last year was definately worse than the 3-4 prior to that. I think most Packers fans would agree with that.
Alright. You go ahead and find those Packers fans that believe Harris had a down year last year and I'll believe you.