Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How is our o line looking today guys?I've been at work all day( boring day ) Just now catching OT.But why again does Smith have under 180 yards in passing dam it

OK how does dallas QB still have enough gas left to even win over us grrrrrrrr.
Alex didn't look awful, but he still didn't look like a megastar. Which is why his passing numbers are so pedestrian for the second straight week. I just hope he cracks 3,000 yards passing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Horrible way to lose a game. 3 TDs given up to just atroious safety play. I'd have rather us been blown out.
Yes at least I could have left the bar early. That was the most embarassing walk home I've ever had. And I only live two blocks away. I refused to wear my 49ers hat I was sporting at the bar. I was so ashamed.

Won't be surprised if Andy Dalton has a career day against us next week. The secondary sucks ass.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The decision to keep the 3 points was ******* stupid beyond belief. I can understand if its still 4th down after the penalty but it was 1st down. Harbaugh is NOT being aggressive at all. Harbaugh is NOT showing any confidence or faith in Smith. He's basically trying to get a small lead and hang on for the cheap win. Come on. Up 7 and getting that first down, I would have accepted the penalty and went right after the Cowboys secondary which is just as bad or worse than ours. Basically, I would have tried to put the dagger in them.

Oh well, whatever.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how the **** were there THAT many Cowboys fans at Candlestick?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
how the **** were there THAT many Cowboys fans at Candlestick?
Dallas has a lot of fans everywhere + 49ers "fans" don't go to the stadium anymore after all of these years of losing.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

It's already week two of Jim Harbaugh's first season as head coach and now I'm wondering if he is going to be another Mike Nolan.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Dallas has a lot of fans everywhere + 49ers "fans" don't go to the stadium anymore after all of these years of losing.
Fair enough. I guess living in Dallas (which makes all this so much more annoying) has afforded me few chances to see the Niners in person. I can't take such chances for granted.

Also, I'll say it: Jesse Holley... c'mon, son. We get it, you're happy.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

God I'm so angry. So ******* angry.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ZOMGZZZZZZ!!! A 10-point lead with 10 minutes to go? That's ******* insurmountable!!! We win by mercy rulezzz!

/incompetant coaching staff.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow Harbaugh, wow. Way to instill confidence in your Offense. I thought we got rid of this crap..smh.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

This is the kind of **** that really makes me not want to watch any games. Being bad is par for the course, but not having any heart or balls is so much worse.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other frustrating thing is SF gets the ball back with 3 point lead and over 6 minutes left in the game and can't run the clock down. I'm just pissed off run blocking looks exactly the same as last season. Wish we paid the extra dough to keep Baas.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some of you need to lay off Harbaugh just a tad. Sure I would have liked to see him take the first down and maybe run three straight times to burn some clock and then kick another field goal but look at the team he's dealing with. Just our luck its a botched handoff, or a fumbled snap. Or someone blows a block and and we end up losing yardage after 3 plays. The smart decision was not to take points off the board. IF this team excuted a little better, maybe I'm agreeing with you all. But at this point in the season, I totally understand his thinking.

My problem with this loss is defensively and it starts with Fangio. You knock Romo out of the game and you have a robotic QB in Kitna in the huddle of a sudden and you now decide to go passive and sit in Cover 2. I swore it was Manusky for a second. And then you continue to let a veteran QB just stand in the pocket and carve up your zone AND throw the game-tying TD to boot. I just for the life of me can't understand how you go after Romo but you play coverage with Kitna. And then what happens when you finally send some heat and run some trap zone behind it? He throws into coverage for a tip int by Brock. That to me is where we blew the game. We should have been hunting some Kitna the moment he stepped on the field. We played it safe on D and it bit us in the ass.

But as BAD as this lost feels, Im actually optimistic about this team. The D had its moments when our safties weren't having brain farts. Alex looked good, despite missing his top 2 WR for most of the game and the O-Line failing at times. A couple of more games, and I see us doing some really big things. I see us putting it all together after the Eagles game and stringing together some good football. I was expecting to get blown out and instead we right there in the end. Just ashame the secondary lets them get the win in overtime.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-18-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Let's not try and justify what Harbaugh did. It was a dumb decision plain and simple. In that scenario you don't think about botched snaps or false starts or whatever, you think about running out the clock and getting another chance to score. You play to WIN the game.

As for the future I really don't know what to think of this team. We have coaches that apparently have loads of experience, but they aren't making common sense decisions during crucial parts of the game. That's very unsettling.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Let's not try and justify what Harbaugh did. It was a dumb decision plain and simple. In that scenario you don't think about botched snaps or false starts or whatever, you think about running out the clock and getting another chance to score. You play to WIN the game.

As for the future I really don't know what to think of this team. We have coaches that apparently have loads of experience, but they aren't making common sense decisions during crucial parts of the game. That's very unsettling.
It was a 15 yard penalty, and they could've run down more of the clock..it was pathetic.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am i the only one noticing the complete lack of a run game? The O-Line never gets any push. It's awesome to see all those 1st round picks are paying off.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 09-18-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its only a dumb decision because we lost. If we hang on and win, nobody is even talking about it. Its second game of the year, you act like we just lost the Super Bowl. If he's going to make a questionable call, I'd rather it be now. Harbaugh will learn from the loss just like the team will.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Its only a dumb decision because we lost. If we hang on and win, nobody is even talking about it. Its second game of the year, you act like we just lost the Super Bowl. If he's going to make a questionable call, I'd rather it be now. Harbaugh will learn from the loss just like the team will.
UHHH, I guarantee plenty of people would still be talking about it, because it was a direct slap in the face to the Offense. It made me feel crappy the moment it happened, mainly because Alex wasn't even playing bad ans he was very accurate. This guy is supposed to be an aggressive, offensive minded coach who signifies a change from the insufferable conservatism we've endured recently.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Am i the only one noticing the complete lack of a run game? The O-Line never gets any push. It's awesome to see all those 1st round picks are paying off.
Nope, it's overshadowed by the Alex obsession and the ball-less Harbaugh call, but I'm honestly getting tired of Gore. I never thought I'd be saying that, but I'm sick of seeing Gore, sick of it.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

if it wasnt for my alma mater being a top ten team, I'd probably stop caring about football.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some sickening quotes via Barrows...

Quote:
With 4:52 left in Sunday's game and the 49ers hanging onto a three-point lead, the Candlestick crowd erupted in a prolonged chant of, "De-fense! De-fense!" What was odd: The 49ers had the ball at the time. "I was very surprised," said 49ers safety Donte Whitner of the large number of Cowboys fans. "They had their own chants going. It was almost like a split house."
Quote:
"That was amazing," Dallas tight end Jason Witten said. "Nine years playing in this organization, I don't know if I've ever been on a road game where the chants are so loud. ... That doesn't happen in this league very often. That was special. I think it helped the players with their mindset."
Old 09-18-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
UHHH, I guarantee plenty of people would still be talking about it, because it was a direct slap in the face to the Offense. It made me feel crappy the moment it happened, mainly because Alex wasn't even playing bad ans he was very accurate. This guy is supposed to be an aggressive, offensive minded coach who signifies a change from the insufferable conservatism we've endured recently.
It wasn't about Alex. I think it was mainly based on the Dallas D and the fact that they were starting rape the O-Line and Ware and Co. were constantly in the backfield. Alex had just escaped a near miss sack-fumble by Ware a few plays earlier. If this offense is futher along in its development, I think he takes the first down. I just dont think we're there yet and Harbaugh knows it so he took the points and was hoping our D could rattle a battered Romo. Maybe that's too much confidence in our D you could say but I don't know what everybody else sees with this offense, but I see a group that's still at the mercy of a good front 7. Like I said, I didnt like the call but understood that its hard take points off the board with our offense the way it is.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a terrible decision by Harbaugh to not take the penalty. Worse case, you run it 3 times and take time off the clock and still score 3. Its not like we have some JV Kicker, Akers has been automatic. Considering we drove down to Dallas territory, we might have even scored a TD. Instead, we get more playing not to lose BS coaching. Where's the agressive offensive coach we were all expecting? We still have our best offensive weapon blocking and we still run Gore into a wall 20 times a game even if isnt working. I'm tired of this ****.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
No. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I still would have thought that was a stupid decision and we got lucky with the win. I can't see myself looking back and thinking that was a smart move. It didn't help the 49ers at all.

Quote:
Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
That was a terrible decision by Harbaugh to not take the penalty. Worse case, you run it 3 times and take time off the clock and still score 3. Its not like we have some JV Kicker, Akers has been automatic. Considering we drove down to Dallas territory, we might have even scored a TD. Instead, we get more playing not to lose BS coaching. Where's the agressive offensive coach we were all expecting? We still have our best offensive weapon blocking and we still run Gore into a wall 20 times a game even if isnt working. I'm tired of this ****.
^^^ This 100%.
Closed Thread