Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm through talking about "The Decision", whats done is done. Funny thing is if Madieu Williams makes the play he's supposed to make, we are 2-0 and nobody's complaining. I knew there would be a pass at some point where Romo would be a little reckless and we would have an opportunity to make a play and that was it. If your going to play the ball, be aggressive and GO GET THE BALL! Instead Williams takes a pedestrian angle to ball, running sideways and WAITS for the ball....UGHHHH! If he takes a hard angle and meets the ball at its highest point, that's a int. I believe if Goldson is FS there, that's a int and we're on our way to sealing a victory. Reggie Smith doesn't look 100% and it seems T. Brown is getting repeatedly picked on in consecutive games.....and for good reason. We need our starters in the secondary back in a hurry. And I want to see Culliver get some snaps in nickel at some point.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Goldson and Spencer back. Brock seems like he's been doing alright.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm through talking about "The Decision", whats done is done. Funny thing is if Madieu Williams makes the play he's supposed to make, we are 2-0 and nobody's complaining. I knew there would be a pass at some point where Romo would be a little reckless and we would have an opportunity to make a play and that was it. If your going to play the ball, be aggressive and GO GET THE BALL! Instead Williams takes a pedestrian angle to ball, running sideways and WAITS for the ball....UGHHHH! If he takes a hard angle and meets the ball at its highest point, that's a int. I believe if Goldson is FS there, that's a int and we're on our way to sealing a victory. Reggie Smith doesn't look 100% and it seems T. Brown is getting repeatedly picked on in consecutive games.....and for good reason. We need our starters in the secondary back in a hurry. And I want to see Culliver get some snaps in nickel at some point.
Not an excuse but I have to wonder if Williams went for that ball so passively because he had the personal foul call from last week in his head. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was going for the int, not a hit....i don't see how that could have been an issue in the slightest. Williams is a back-up but even a 2nd string can make that play more often than not. Just sucks that he couldn't make what was a basic read and take the proper angle to the ball.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-19-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not an excuse but I have to wonder if Williams went for that ball so passively because he had the personal foul call from last week in his head. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
pushing Austin out of bounds would not have incurred a fine, and if a fine is stopping you from playing, then you need to get off the field.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

But worst than actually losing the game, is the fact our secondary(and Fangio) let Romo play the hero. Now I have to hear the national media sing his praises all ****** week long, like he did the unthinkable with half a arm and his ribcage missing. Of all the teams......WHY......smh
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was plays where a secondary (all four of those jokers) looked like they were running around with their heads cut off. it was ridiculous and rather hard to watch.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
But worst than actually losing the game, is the fact our secondary(and Fangio) let Romo play the hero. Now I have to hear the national media sing his praises all ****** week long, like he did the unthinkable with half a arm and his ribcage missing. Of all the teams......WHY......smh
I was listening to Matt Barrows on KNBR this morning. Or at least the podcast he happened to be on. He speculated that Harbaugh felt confident enough that his defense could have handled Romo so perhaps that is why he kept points on the board. Romo hadn't been having that productive of a day up to that point I guess and was pretty banged up.

Even if that is the approach Harbaugh wanted to take, I still don't see the logic in doing that. First and foremost, Romo and Kitna were torching the 49ers pass defense through the air. Romo had struggled a little bit, but receivers were still getting wide open. Even if Romo was banged up, I still wouldn't take my chances against a guy that is considered one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL. Maybe if it was someone like Jason Campbell or Derek Anderson, then sure. But not Romo. Sunday's comeback proved why he is a good quarterback. Harbaugh has a lot to learn.

Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Williams is just not a good safety. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Williams is just not a good safety. It's as simple as that.
The coaching staff must have really not liked what they saw in Taylor Mays to keep a bum like Williams on the team.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Closed Thread