Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of a NT at 11, and I think Pioli will look to trade down. So, I will try and do the same.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Drafting for KC in a First Round Only Mock....

Tell me about your OL situation. Looks like Albert and Winston at tackles, decent guard depth, but who will be your center?

Defense looks good on paper, but are you satisfied with your NT? What about losing Carr, who will take over opposite Flowers?
i dont want to limit the possible selections @ #11, but 3 names make the most sense Poe, DeCastro or Kuechly. all 3 would upgrade the position and have alot of potential. IMO, Poe is a huge risk and i would be extremely happy with DeCastro or Kuechly
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just checked and they won't let me trade down, so I will have to sit tight and take BPA. I will most likely not take Poe because of the bust potential there. I've read up on Powell and Gordon and they seem good enough for a rotation along with a guy in the second or later rounds. Kuechly would be a nice fit inside and DeCastro is about as close as you get to a sure pick in this year's draft.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see Kuechly as a good fit next to DJ. We need a thumper, and Kuechly isn't it.

I'd say go DeCastro if you're against selecting Poe.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd say go DeCastro if you're against selecting Poe.
Agreed...
Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

What are your thoughts if Coples is sitting there?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts are that the Chiefs have way to much money wrapped up at the DE position to take another one in the first round.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
My thoughts are that the Chiefs have way to much money wrapped up at the DE position to take another one in the first round.
What he said. Coples also isn't a very good scheme fit.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are your thoughts if Coples is sitting there?
I would pull the trigger on Coples. He may not be an exact fit as a 34 end, but I think his skill set is perfect for setting the edge, plus he is athletic enough to be a threat in the pass rush. I'd probably go DeCastro first, but I'd take Coples over Poe every day of the week.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Zeitler, osemele and a few other in second/third that could fit in.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I would pull the trigger on Coples. He may not be an exact fit as a 34 end, but I think his skill set is perfect for setting the edge, plus he is athletic enough to be a threat in the pass rush. I'd probably go DeCastro first, but I'd take Coples over Poe every day of the week.
This is the problem with Dorsey though. He's not a good scheme fit. We shouldn't draft players who don't fit into our 3-4.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Coples is off the board. Poe and DeCastro still available for Buffalo. KC will pick next. Leaning towards DeCastro.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coples is off the board. Poe and DeCastro still available for Buffalo. KC will pick next. Leaning towards DeCastro.
DeCastro is probably the safest pick but Poe fills the biggest need. The Chiefs can live with Lilja at LG but they really have no proven NT and they were 26th against the run.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
DeCastro is probably the safest pick but Poe fills the biggest need. The Chiefs can live with Lilja at LG but they really have no proven NT and they were 26th against the run.
Poe has too big of a bust potential and KC needs to HIT on their first round pick this year. There are other guys in the second/third that can help in the rotation at DT.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
That is why I feel he will would draft DeCastro.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
That is why I feel he will would draft DeCastro.
I tend to agree. We will never hear about it but I'll bet there is a lively discussion in the Chiefs war room between a head coach who sees a player he can coach up and build an elite defense around (some people on this forum seem to forget that the Chiefs aren't an elite defense YET) and a GM/former scout who sees "money in the bank" in a guard that could be around for a very long time.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i get what your saying. we need a NT. my only problem with drafting a NT @ #11 is the guy you are selecting. Poe has huge potential and upside. he could become the best NT in the NFL. he has that kind of athleticism for a man weighting in at 350. his problem is he never dominated at Memphis. he played against lesser talent and never was head and shoulders better than everyone around him on a consistant basis. he never produced. then, he comes to the combine and shows everyone that he has even more athleticism than anyone thought possible. Poe is the ultimate high risk high reward player. the Chiefs could draft him and still not have a NT. at this point in the Chiefs process, i don't want to miss on another hig 1st round pick.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i get what your saying. we need a NT. my only problem with drafting a NT @ #11 is the guy you are selecting. Poe has huge potential and upside. he could become the best NT in the NFL. he has that kind of athleticism for a man weighting in at 350. his problem is he never dominated at Memphis. he played against lesser talent and never was head and shoulders better than everyone around him on a consistant basis. he never produced. then, he comes to the combine and shows everyone that he has even more athleticism than anyone thought possible. Poe is the ultimate high risk high reward player. the Chiefs could draft him and still not have a NT. at this point in the Chiefs process, i don't want to miss on another hig 1st round pick.
Exactly and probably why Pioli will draft someone like DeCastro.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I love Poe more than most, but the more I think about it the more I want to do something like DeCastro -> Taamu. I think that would be better for us.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I love Poe more than most, but the more I think about it the more I want to do something like DeCastro -> Taamu. I think that would be better for us.
Thanks exactly what I was thinking... Unfortunately we only get one pick, but my second would be a guy like Taamu, even if it took the second round pick to do it.

Another Option would be to try and trade back some spots, go ahead and take Poe, hope for the best, and then see if you can move back up into the late first and take Zeitler, or sit where you are in the second and take Osemele or another 2nd tier guard.

My preference would be take Decastro and KNOW, as much as you can possibly know, that you have a guy locked in for years to come. Then, pick a rotational NT and hope you can develop Powell. Not every 3-4 team has a Wilfork. Some 3-4 teams' NT are still pretty good with a guy like Ratliff or Sopoaga in the middle.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

i think Ta'amu is more of a natural fit at NT anyway. with his athleticism, Poe will want to move out to 5 tech like most other athletic big guys. Ta'amu played NT when Washington is in their base and played some UT and NT when they were in the nickle. Ta'amu isn't a polished product and will need some coaching, but IMO he is the #1 rated NT in this draft.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

If that holds true, then DeCastro / Ta'amu will look pretty good in with an arrowhead on their helmets!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
If that holds true, then DeCastro / Ta'amu will look GREAT with an arrowhead on their helmets!
Fixed that for you!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

this sucks. i spent alot of time of Word making this kick ass mock with pictures and text boxes and all this extra stuff and i couldnt get it to copy everything over. oh well. here is my shot at a full mock for the Chiefs. let me know what you think.

2012 Kansas City Chiefs Mock draft

RD 1 #11) OG – Stanford – David DeCastro
DeCastro is the best interior lineman in this draft. He is a 3 year starter for an ultra successful Stanford offense. As sound of technique for an OG in quite some time. At 6’5” and 315 lbs he has the size to play David in a run heavy offense. All of the qualities that have made him a 2 time 1st Team All Pac 10/12 are the same qualities the Chiefs are looking for at G. He can play power running, ZBS, pulling , countering and trapping. His best quality though, is his hard work and his character. 2 things not lost on Scott Pioli. The only argument against DeCastro is #11 is to high to draft a G. so it’s ok to draft him @ #13, but not #11? I’m not buying it and I don’t think Pioli is either (see Berry @ #5). Give me a Pro Bowler at @ #11, no matter the position, and I’m happy.

RD 2 #12) NT - Washington – Alameda Ta’amu
Alameda Ta’amu is a big body that demands double teams. At 6’3” 348 lbs, he has the trunk and legs of a NT. He can anchor against a double team in the run game. His motor isn’t in question, only his ability to get and stay in shape. He has played some NT in college and that should help him compete from day 1 with Powe. Ta’amu has flaws like all the NT prospects, but he has the size and athleticism to demand a selection in the 1st 2 rounds. IMO, there is a large drop in talent once Ta’amu is off the board.

RD 3 #11) DE – Boise St – Billy Winn
I really like this kid as a 5 tech. He has a good motor, great size and room to get better. He has great hands and sheds blocks with them well. He gets his sacks and pressure with a good bull rush and quick feet. Getting pressure from the 3 down lineman has been inconsistent at best for the Chiefs. Getting Billy into the rotation and learn from Crennel and Pleasant will help the Chiefs have the ability to trade Dorsey before the trade deadline. Billy is a hard worker and wants to succeed.

RD 4 #12) WR – Florida International – TY Hilton
TY Hilton is an absolute BURNER. He has speed for days. With a 5’10” 183 lbs frame, he isn’t tiny either. Very similar in a lot of ways to the build of Jamaal Charles. He has very good hands and plays the ball in the air down field as well as anyone in this draft. His ability to change directions and get to his top speed quickly will make him dangerous with the ball for any point on the field. He has the ability to play special teams as well, which would be a good start to his career. Will need some coaching on some of the routes, but his upside & speed separate him from the field.

RD 5 #11) ILB – N.C. State – Audie Cole
Audie Cole is a big kid, 6’4” 248 lbs. He is a good defender in the run game and can stay on the field during passing situations with his underrated coverage skills. His path has been similar to DJ’s as in he used to be an OLB in a 43. He moved to ILB at NC State and has flourished. It is thought that because of his coverage skills, his fit could be OLB in a 43 or ILB in a 34. I like his size and capability to shed blocks next to DJ. Tough kid that wants to play. Played through a broken arm, then rebroke it and still played with a cast.

RD 6 #12) CB – Boston College – Donnie Fletcher
Donnie Fletcher has good size for a CB. He has enough speed to keep up with most WRs. He has good instincts and plays the ball very well. His strength is zone coverage where he can read and react to the QBs eyes. His best quality may be his tackling and his help in the run defense. You will notice that all the DBs the Chiefs draft lately have good tackling skills. Donnie Fletcher follows in that mold and could develop into a quality player with the right coaching.

RD 7 #11) TE – Miami (FL) – Chase Ford
Chase Ford is a little known, little used TE. Size: 6’6” 258 lbs. he has a lot of athletic ability and good speed. His strength is his pass catching. His weakness is his blocking. Given time to develop, he has star potential and talent.

RD 7 #31) *aquired from NE Patriots for Jarrad Page* RB – Ole Miss – Brandon Bolden
This pick is a glorified UDFA. This selection gives the team the opportunity to draft a player they like that they don’t believe would sign an UDFA contract with them. Brandon Bolden has a good size to speed combo. He can catch, run and block. He is smart and works hard to get where he wants to go. He played special teams early on @ Ole Miss. So, that is always a good possibility for him in the NFL

thanx vidae for the help. i had to copy and paste each individual player then comment and got no pics.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they really need to get an OT by the 5th Round. I like Hilton's tools, but I'd really like to see a slightly more proven WR taken as the #4 guy. Would also like to see them be more aggressive than a 7th Round flier with the RB position.

And just from a roster management perspective, if the Chiefs aren't drafting an ILB in the first two rounds, I doubt they do it at all. If the guy isn't beating out Belcher & Siler, it's going to be tough to make the roster at all. And getting a 5th Round pick that you think is solid to the PS is not a good probability. The only other option is IR, and banking on someone going on IR is kind of odd.

Last edited by nepg : 03-22-2012 at 05:46 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote