Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Yet they struggled to run the ball when they needed to most.
Jamaal is back and they signed Hillis. I don't see any reason to draft a back up RB with the 11th pick in the draft.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, to play devils advocate, Hillis IS on a one year deal. Just sayin.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well, to play devils advocate, Hillis IS on a one year deal. Just sayin.
Making 3 million.

If they draft TR than you either have Hillis making 3 million being 3rd on the depth chart or your first round pick being 3rd on the depth chart.

I mean don't get me wrong TR is a stud, I just don't see how he fits in with the Chiefs.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since there is no way Richardson is falling I don't even know why you guys are having this convo :P

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Making 3 million.

If they draft TR than you either have Hillis making 3 million being 3rd on the depth chart or your first round pick being 3rd on the depth chart.

I mean don't get me wrong TR is a stud, I just don't see how he fits in with the Chiefs.
3 million is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
Since there is no way Richardson is falling I don't even know why you guys are having this convo :P
True, true.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also did a 2013 first round and the Chiefs traded up for Tyler Bray!!!!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yep, we rule everything basically.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last 4 round mock no trades

1. Luke Kuechly, LB, BC - Tackle machine solidifies interior of defense

2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington - will make life for Kuechly and DJ easy

3. Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami (OH) - good value for a guy I like alot

4. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma - Chiefs rule: Never draft WR's whose last names DON'T start with a B
Old 04-25-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got a look at Mayock's mock draft and let's just say his KC pick is a WOW
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
His Chiefs pick sucks. Kendrick Lewis is a fine player next to Berry. Using the 11th pick on a S is stupid and a waste.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Making 3 million.

There's no depth chart with RBs. There's roles. All four guys would serve different roles. And quite honestly, I'd take Peyton Hillis at $3m/1y to platoon at RB all day long.

I agree the Barron pick is dumb unless he's just slotting Barron there with the idea that someone will trade with the Chiefs to take him at #11. If the Chiefs can get back to #16 or wherever the **** the Cowboys are (the only other team off the top of my head that would be trading up would be the Chargers...which is just odd), Pioli would be laughing all the way to the podium as the group of players at #16 fit more with what the Chiefs are doing with their team. I'd guess the pick to be Hightower or Cordy Glenn if DeCastro doesn't fall.

Last edited by nepg : 04-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SEC player? Check.
Nick Saban player? Check.

The Chiefs just might flat out go BPA on their board and Barron is really rising.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it. With a healthy Berry, S is a strength. If Pioli is picking this high, he's going to get a guy who is going to have a big, fairly immediate impact on the team. There are 3 positions that can happen: OG, NT, ILB.

The other two positions I could see Pioli going in the first round are DE and CB.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Barron makes perfect sense. Both safeties are coming off surgery. Barron is an SEC defender. Saban is close to Pioli. We visited their pro day.

Barron gives us a number of options in our subset nickel and dime packages. He is probably the best way to fix the TE coverage problem. Having Berry, Lewis and Barron on the field at the same time would be insane.

DeCastro, Keuchly and Barron would make instant impacts on this team.

Guys like Tannehill, Poe, Brockers, Ingram, etc are projects with questions. There are no big questions with the 3 impact players listed.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Safety at 11 is a wasted pick. There are solid safeties for what we need to do in rounds 3 through 5. Taking one at the top of the first is foolish. Period.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm not against Poe like some people. "He's a project..." has no bearing on the guy because every NT ever drafted for the 3-4 is a project for at least 3/4 of the season (and that's only if you're Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, or Ted Washington).

The only reason I wouldn't want Poe is if Jerrel Powe is ready to be the guy at NT for the Chiefs for the next 5+ years.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say by this point, expect the unexpected.

Nobody thought Tyson Jackson was going in the top 3 until word was leaked right before the draft. Nobody outside of Chiefs fans thought that Pioli was going to draft a safety at 5. Baldwin in the first round along with trading down and passing on Phil Taylor? No way, "the Chiefs gotta get a nose"

I think I'm preparing myself for the following:
-D-line with either Brockers or Poe
-Moving up to take Tannehill
-Going safe with an Alabama talent like Barron
-A guard? Who knows.
-Kuechly? He fits what Pioli looks for.
-Maybe someone really loves Barron enough to give us a sweet deal
-Peyton is in the division along with Palmer; a fake QB and a journeyman (Tebow and Campbell) are gone. More pass rushers the better?
-**** it, just go strictly BPA.

After preparing myself mentally for all these situations, Claiborne could begin to slide and the Chiefs move up to take him. All I can say is prepare for anything to happen.

The Chiefs hold a very interesting selection in the draft and we don't have a clear direction as to what could happen. I've pounded on the table allover the place why Poe should not and will not happen, but it could.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-25-2012 at 09:25 PM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You're right, anything will happen. Tomorrow at this time we'll have a new member of the Chiefs and there is nothing we can do about it but live with it.

I just hope it's someone who can impact the team in the positive for the future. I'm tired of being a mediocre team.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm not "expecting the unexpected", the Chiefs just have a lot of options and it will be fun to see hoe it plays out.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its Brockers, cause its the one i want the least. another LSU Dlineman that can't pressure the QB. i guess now that i'm acknowledging this scenario, most anything to take place tomorrow will be ok with me. if Brockers is the choice, i hope we trade down a few picks and get an extra 2nd or 3rd. Pioli is very good at getting extra picks and still getting e targeted player.

maybe nepg's scenario of a team trading up for Barron will come true. maybe Philly @ #15 wants to jump ahead of dallas and get Barron.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Safety at 11 is a wasted pick. There are solid safeties for what we need to do in rounds 3 through 5. Taking one at the top of the first is foolish. Period.
I disagree.the S class this year outside of Barron is crap.SMith is overrated.If Barron is the highest rated player on their board take him
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
its Brockers, cause its the one i want the least. another LSU Dlineman that can't pressure the QB. i guess now that i'm acknowledging this scenario, most anything to take place tomorrow will be ok with me. if Brockers is the choice, i hope we trade down a few picks and get an extra 2nd or 3rd. Pioli is very good at getting extra picks and still getting e targeted player.

totally agree with this.people talk about Poe's bust factor but Brockers has just as much bust factor as Poe does
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I disagree.the S class this year outside of Barron is crap.SMith is overrated.If Barron is the highest rated player on their board take him
No. Berry was a special player. Barron is not. Safeties are a dime a dozen if they aren't of the special variety.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Outside of the year of Berry and Thomas, there has been a lot of blah safety classes.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking we go for a solid, slightly reach prospect like Decastro. He should be the BPA on KC's board at 11. I certainly hope that's the case anyways. I didn't think Barron was THAT good to grab at eleven. I'm just hoping we grab a NT in the second or third round. Who would you guy's prefer? Ta'aMu or Chapman? Both are big run stuffers but no pass rushing skills. Chapman also has bad knees.