Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 for 4 on picks by Pioli visiting the facilities in KC. i'm just saying. keep it in mind for next year. Poe was on my list of 3 players with 1st round grades that visited KC
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
There goes Zeitler. With the DBs falling, I'm leaning towards wanting a CB or another DL with some solid potential 3-4 linemen still available.
I could see CB or FS/SS for sure.

They lack depth at both and with #18 in the Div they are going to need it.

Their FA was O heavy so I could see a D heavy draft.

Last edited by Splat : 04-26-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like their depth, but it could be better. It's like how I (we) feel about Belcher.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please let Silatolu be there at 44
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm really hoping Amini is there at 44. He's my dude.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the happiest person Poe is a Chief?Derrick Johnson.that large man will be making life easier for DJ
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coach Crennel addresses the media following the selection of Memphis NT Dontari Poe

Watch Video
This makes me feel better about the pick. I never hated it but it did worry me some.

I trust RAC when it comes to D.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
what I really love about this pick is KC did'nt go the safe route.they went bold with Poe.Maybe I am a etenal optimist but I think the Chiefs will get rewarded with this pick
I'll concede that.

Would of disliked DeCastro as the pick even more. It'll be interesting to see what they do for NT in the mean time, as not even Wilfork was a Week 1 starter for Crennel.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Poe is a Chief. I wasn't wanting him, but he is now one of my favorite players. It may take him a little while to get acclimated but if he produceses our D is in good shape for years to come. Hopefully we can get a guard tomorrow and maybe a CB soon. Hopefully we will build some depth with this roster this weekend.

Last edited by BPhilb : 04-26-2012 at 11:05 PM.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some props for you guys. I looked on here after the draft first to see what you guys' thought. Glad to see my fellow KC fans are ok with this pick as well. A lot of Big WR's out there, Guards and Corners. I am curious whether or not they think corner is a big issue since routt is there.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Rookie

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Guard is next area to address and there should be a good one there with Glenn, Osemele and Silatolu available.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be ecstatic if we somehow ended up with Silatolu, as he is my favorite G prospect this year, but lemme throw a name at you:

Janoris Jenkins.

I know, we'll all pretty much immediately cross his name off because of the off the field stuff, but he might be the best pure corner in the draft. If he's available at 44, can we pass on him?

Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think best path in the 2nd round would be BPA. If the BPA is a corner? Take them. Guard? Take them. QB? Take him. DE? Take him. etc etc

Outside of QB (I'm not sure about the options by now, maybe if someone like Osweiller became good value) and the eventual OL player to put through the system, don't really see pressing needs for this team. Just hang tight, maybe field a few phone calls if some good trade down offers come in, otherwise just start plucking the best talent.

OLB isn't a pressing need, but Upshaw would be fantastic value in the 2nd round and you can never have too many pass-rushers.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-27-2012 at 12:00 AM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

man if Upshaw fell to 44 you have to jump on that like white on rice.I mean having Upshaw, Houston & Hali on field in certain packages would be epic
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like Upshaw but I dunno about him at 44. I wouldn't hate the pick like I would have at 11 overall, but I still think we can find better players to pick from.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd be ecstatic if we somehow ended up with Silatolu, as he is my favorite G prospect this year, but lemme throw a name at you:

Janoris Jenkins.

I know, we'll all pretty much immediately cross his name off because of the off the field stuff, but he might be the best pure corner in the draft. If he's available at 44, can we pass on him?
i was thinking this myself, but i was thinking #74. here's my thoughts. this reminds me a lot of the Houston situation last year. a guy with 1st round talent, but 5th round head. hell, i think Janoris has more red flags than Houston did. he also might be the best man cover CB to come out of this draft. i could see him continuing to fall and the Chiefs nabbing him when his value is the highest.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Poe will play NT on 1st and 2nd, DE on 3rd down.
If we go to an even front in the nickel, he will be the NT. He will not get sacks, but he should be able to push the pocket back.

I was a big fan of deCastro. Assuming Tannehill was gone, Poe was my 2nd choice over Kuechly.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I listened to Pioli and Crennel last night and I guess I feel better about the Poe selection. Heck, we are all Chiefs fans and we are all going to come to accept this. Pioli said Poe was their number one nose tackle before the combine. He had an explanation for the inconsistent performance (he played every down at every position on the line, never given the chance to focus on one technique). Pioli did say the kid had squeaky clean character and has the emotional makeup to play the 2 gap nose.

I need to avoid watching the post-draft analysis. Mayock is going to kill us for selecting Poe. It means nothing but it will be annoying.

I like Silatolu in the 2nd but also Brandon Brooks if he's gone. I know some have projected him for the 3rd but I don't think he'll still be there.

Jenkins - Will Pioli draft a kid with this much baggage? First round talent, 5th round character. Somebody will take him in the 2nd round.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 04-27-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: to correct the usual typos
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know that they'd go with Jenkins over Kirkpatrick, but I wouldn't rule Jenkins out.

Upshaw... I don't see the point. They have two of the best 3-4 OLBs starting for them with two good, possibly very good backups in Cameron Sheffield & Studebaker...heck, they still have Gabe Miller who is a freakish athlete who got Patriot IR'd last year.

I wouldn't hate it, but it's not really addressing a need or depth and there are better players on the board, imo.

I like a G like Silatolu in the 2nd as well. It doesn't immediately force Lilja out...he'll get a fair shake at turning it around, which he deserves. Unlike with DeCastro or even Zeitler where Lilja would have been benched immediately.

Also, there are still some interesting receivers on the board and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they grabbed one. If they pass in round 2, I'm hoping they address the position with their fourth pick because...

With the third pick, I want them to start looking to Chris Polk if he's available at the end of the second round and Bernard Pierce. I think the end of the second round and beginning of the third will be the best place to grab a RB, and they really need a guy like Polk or Pierce with the recent injury histories of Charles & Hillis.

Unfortunately, that's probably also the best place to land a DB. So maybe RB gets pushed back a little further.

Last edited by nepg : 04-27-2012 at 07:45 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I would do and hope the Chiefs do:

Mike Adams - yes, tackle is not necessarily a need, but with Alberts uncertain tenure and Adams is my second tackle, great value, great depth.

Cordy Glenn - you have to love the tackle/guard combo and the tremendous value.

Mychal Kendrick - Upgrading next to DJ may be more of a luxury, but Kendrick is a stud and has tremendous versatility. 30 TFLs over the last two years which means he attacks the line of scrimmage.

Reuben Randle - When I turned on LSU this guy was always making plays, and the Chiefs allegedly are shopping Bowe.

Amini Silatolu - Honestly, haven't seen any tape of Silatolu, however his scouting reports are glowing, and the Chiefs need to do Big Sal proud and represent Polynesia.

Brandon Boykin - Love this guys game, reminds me a lot of Flowers with more explosiveness and return potential.

George Iloka - Big safety to replace McGraw, he has some cover ability and should be an able back up while getting a lot of playing time in multi-WR sets.

I'd be happy with any of these players, which of course means they will draft none of them.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably more pumped than some of you guys. Poe will be a ******* monster in that D. Crennel will coach him up and DJ is gonna have tons of fun next year with him man-handling the middle.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't know that they'd go with Jenkins over Kirkpatrick, but I wouldn't rule Jenkins out.
Well, Drek is off the board, so..

Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Scott Pilo was quoted as saying "We're going to surprise you" in reguards to one of the remaining picks.Heck maybe he means Jenkins.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Scott Pilo was quoted as saying "We're going to surprise you" in reguards to one of the remaining picks.Heck maybe he means Jenkins.
That would be a surprise.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't like surprises.