Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping we'd nab Lamar Miller.get an impact player not some project OL
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't get the pick. I don't dislike it, at all, I just DON'T GET IT. Albert and Winston are holding down those spots right now.. and OT depth is DEFINITELY a need, but a third round need?

I thought Ronnell Lewis or Iloka would be much better picks. Iloka is a huge need since we play three S a lot.. I dunno.

I just don't get it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Certainly looks like the Chiefs are planning to move on from Albert next year. I love that the Chiefs are taking big men, I'm just not loving the players.
They're definitely going with the Bill Parcells Planet Theory in this draft. They're hitting big needs, but it's kind of lame for fans when the same position group is drafted with back-to-back picks.

Really wanted Polk with that one, myself, but I like Stephenson and he's a good value there.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really don't get the pick. I don't dislike it, at all, I just DON'T GET IT. Albert and Winston are holding down those spots right now.. and OT depth is DEFINITELY a need, but a third round need?

I thought Ronnell Lewis or Iloka would be much better picks. Iloka is a huge need since we play three S a lot.. I dunno.

I just don't get it.
Pioli got some splaining to do on this one
Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Pioli got some splaining to do on this one
Not really. He got a very good value on a position of great importance.

Just wasn't the impact position player we wanted to see go at that spot.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I just realized...this OFFICIALLY means no more B-Rich....therefore I now LOVE this pick :)
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I am warming up to this pick. We're a team that had a ton of depth issues. We addressed two big needs in NT and OG, and we addressed a huge depth need in OT.

Also, if any of you heard his interview on 810, when asked how it felt to be drafted by KC he said "Home." and "I grew up watching this team as a youngin, I love this team.. it won't be hard for me to play passionately for the Chiefs".. I like that a LOT.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

He's big, he's athletic... Great scheme fit. A little raw, but he's a backup to an All-Pro level RT and an upper-half LT. As a player going to the Chiefs, I love him. He's such a great fit for everything they do. Can't wait to see how he develops. Nice to have a local (Blue Springs HS, but grew up in KC) guy drafted by the Chiefs at a premium spot.

They've drafted huge upside players at positions of need. They've also gotten great character guys and players who were team leaders in college.

Last edited by nepg : 04-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

ok 4th rd we HAVE to get a S.weather it's Allen, Markell Martin Iloka or whoever we need to improve depth at posistion
Old 04-27-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like Iloka a lot, and I think he could be a great 3 S for us.

Last edited by vidae : 04-27-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I dont think they have to. What is this sudden thinking that the Chiefs are in desperate need of a safety? I like Martin a lot, but I also value RB and WR pretty highly in this area. Also, is Minnifield still out there?!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you see worthwhile on the roster currently that would play the 3rd safety role in deep coverages? I don't see one.

The position needs to be addressed at some point.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

? Lewis and Berry?? If McGraw comes in, he's a very good in the box S.

If they have more than 4 DBs, they'll be corners.

Would I like if they brought someone in? Yes. But it isn't an urgent need.

Last edited by nepg : 04-28-2012 at 12:19 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGraw isn't coming in because he's not even on the team.

The only depth that I know of right now at both positions is Donald Washington and some camp bodies.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-28-2012 at 12:25 AM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
? Lewis and Berry?? If McGraw comes in, he's a very good in the box S.

If they have more than 4 DBs, they'll be corners.

Would I like if they brought someone in? Yes. But it isn't an urgent need.
If Berry gets hurt, who steps up? Donald Washington is a liability in pass protection. If Kendrick Lewis gets hurt, who steps up? Honestly?

S depth is as big of a need as OT was. We need to improve the third and fourth guy because injuries do happen, and McGraw and Sabby are gone.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

S in this draft is so hard to rank. I get that, but RB is the same situation. I'd be happy if they went for a safety, but also understand if they don't.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If this draft is about adding depth at key positions, S should be the next pick in round 4. End of story.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Gotta say, Will Shields looked in great shape while Willie Roaf looked fat and out of shape.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Gotta say, Will Shields looked in great shape while Willie Roaf looked fat and out of shape.
Always been that way. Roaf always looked like he was half about ready to keel over, he's just a physical freak of nature.

So far this draft is looking like a huge boom or bust fest. All three players have the potential to be top of the line starters within 2 years, but all three also have questions that make it possible they could be out of the league before their rookie contracts are expired. I don't think we'll have to wonder about whether their positions need to be drafted for again, they'll all either be fantastic successes or monumental busts.

There are a number of players I'd love to see the Chiefs go after on this last day, but I think I'd be ok with the Chiefs going after Ta'amu here in the 4th. Can you imagine a short yardage line of Jackson-Poe-Powe-Ta'amu-Dorsey? I also still want Iloka, and Marvin Jones to fill a developmental role in the receiving corps. I'm somewhat shocked that TJ Graham is long gone but Jones remains.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:54 AM    (permalink
David965
Rookie

David965 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default hi

Hi i am one of the newest member here. Thank you!
David965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David965 View Post
Hi i am one of the newest member here. Thank you!
Welcome aboard, David!
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft is clearly going to be about depth which isn't a bad thing, it just isn't sexy.

I'm thinking S,CB or ILB with the next pick.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should give a look at Iloka in the fourth!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd love Iloka, Ronnell Lewis, Lamar Miller, etc. One of those guys.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I have been begging for the Chiefs to address the OLine for years. Between Winston and the Allen and Stephenson picks I can finally say they have. It's been a weak point for our team for way to long and hopefully we can make it a strength now and in the future. Today should be about adding depth at more positions. If there is one thing to keep in mind it's that Pioli loves drafting TE's at this point in the draft. Don't be suprised if we grab one in the next couple of rounds.

Last edited by BPhilb : 04-28-2012 at 09:47 AM.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote