Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iloka, Miller or Lewis would all be nice players to add. Another 1 that I really like his value right now is Nick Toon. Big, strong WR that runs great routes and might be the best run blocking WR in this draft.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take a WR I bet it'll be Marvin McNutt. IOWA CONNECTIONZZZZZZZZZZZZ

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephenson Comes "Home"

Quote:
“It’s a great experience. I’m speechless. I love the Chiefs and have always loved them. To have a chance to play in my hometown is a dream come true.”

Stephenson, a lifelong Chiefs fan and Kansas City native, was at his mother’s house in Blue Springs when the Chiefs called to tell the hometown kid he was headed to play for his childhood team.

“It’s home,” he said of the Chiefs. “Through the years, I’ve watched them, good times and bad. It won’t be hard for me to play with passion for this team because I fell in love with them when I was a youngin’, so I’m just happy. I’m very happy to just play for them.”
Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after watching Pioli Thursday & Friday, how ****** would we be right now if the Chiefs didn't sign Winston?!? seriously, this whole draft has been completely based on need and need alone. sure, every once in a while the BPA fills a Need (Pioli and Crennel both say that is the case with Poe), but overall drafting players out of need doesn't often work in your favor.

there we are at #11 looking at Riley Reiff as our potential pick because we have no RT on the roster. we couldn't afford to trade it away for fear he would be gone and have to settle for Jonathan Martin in the late teens or early 20's.

can you imagine the mass suicide in KC if Reiff was the pick? wow, i really hope that one day need doens't play such a big part of our draft process and we can take the biggest difference maker with every pick.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, yeah, I was thinkin about that too. Getting Winston and even guys like Hillis and Boss really helped us out here.

edit: Oh, and ESPECIALLY getting Routt. That was huge.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
after watching Pioli Thursday & Friday, how ****** would we be right now if the Chiefs didn't sign Winston?!? seriously, this whole draft has been completely based on need and need alone. sure, every once in a while the BPA fills a Need (Pioli and Crennel both say that is the case with Poe), but overall drafting players out of need doesn't often work in your favor.

there we are at #11 looking at Riley Reiff as our potential pick because we have no RT on the roster. we couldn't afford to trade it away for fear he would be gone and have to settle for Jonathan Martin in the late teens or early 20's.

can you imagine the mass suicide in KC if Reiff was the pick? wow, i really hope that one day need doens't play such a big part of our draft process and we can take the biggest difference maker with every pick.
Another potential concern is that last year we took Baldwin it seemed to help us negotiate with Bowe. This year we took Stephenson too help us negotiate with Albert. I don't know for sure that it worked out this way, but both of those picks seemed a bit early and I hope were not made to strictly save money.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like Devon Wylie, so that pick was ok to me.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we just wasted a 4th rounder on Dexter McCluster v 2.0?are we never going to addres S
Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
so we just wasted a 4th rounder on Dexter McCluster v 2.0?are we never going to addres S
No, we wasted a high second on Devon Wylie 2.0 in the 2010 draft. Devon Wylie can be what McCluster was supposed to be.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wylie will make some contributions to this team. I fail to see how this is a wasted pick. Of course Iloka would've been a good one but Wylie is ok

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No, we wasted a high second on Devon Wylie 2.0 in the 2010 draft. Devon Wylie can be what McCluster was supposed to be.
how is drafting a guy who can't stay healthy appearantly a good pick?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
Wylie will make some contributions to this team.
If he isn't on IR.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The position of need for the Chiefs were DL (Poe) , OL (Allen and Stephenson), S (not adressed) after that its just depth. Wylie will have a role on this team and you will all eat crow for saying this pick sucked.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I didn't count QB because they all ******* blow after Cousins.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-28-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Not even close to the same player. McCluster is a RB, Wylie is a slot receiver. Which was one of the bigger needs the team had going into the draft. Plus he's a Pat Hill guy, so he should be able to come in and be pretty familiar with how things are done in KC right away.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Score, I really like Menzie a lot. And he's an SEC DB, so that is pretty much a lock.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, T-Rich, you got your safety.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

a bit surprised it was'nt Allen or Iloka but FINALLY we get a S
Old 04-28-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Menzie is a smart player that is always around the ball and likes to hit. Fits the mold perfectly
Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson is still available too, just going off "ratings" most guru's had him higher than Menzie. But then again, everyone is passing on him.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume Herm is talking about Alfonzo Dennard, and no thanks. Dude is not very good.

I like the picks of Wylie and Menzie. I'd rather have gone Marvin Jones but I like Wylie's speed and explosiveness. I don't think he is a potential replacement for Bowe, but he is a very nice complement for the Killer Bs in the 4th round.

I like Menzie much more as a safety based on his measurables, but he was just a play maker for the Tide. I like Pioli's track record with DBs so I can't complain.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I ******* LOVE the Cyrus Gray pick. So much.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyrus Gray, I like it in the 6th. Doubtful he could start but an effective spell back and special teamer.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Gray was very productive at A&M. over 3000 yds rushing and 13 TDs in 2010, 15 TDs in 2011. very good runner that fits in a ZBS very well. he can catch the ball too. i like this pick alot and he has HUGE value this late
Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I ******* LOVE the Cyrus Gray pick. So much.
this this and more THIS