Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3: Chiefs vs. Chargers (3:15 CST)

Discuss the upcoming game against the Chargers here. Ugh!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... This is a really tough game for the Chiefs. They should have won the last two games, but this one... They're going to have to pull one out of their ass this week.

Slow the game down with Jones and McClain. Double TE sets have caused problems for the Chargers and O'Connell and Pope aren't too terrible in the receiving game.

The safeties did a solid job against the Lions TEs last week (aside from Kendrick Lewis going for a terrible pick attempt on the Scheffler TD). And Carr and Flowers are a lot more reliable (typically) defending against bigger receivers than what McCourty, Bodden, and Arrington showed against the Chargers in Week 2.

So if the offense can just put a few drives together, the defense will have a chance to keep them in the game, and the Chiefs have a shot at winning this one. Going to have to grind it out.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jfyi, O'Connell was released and Becht was resigned.

yeah.... we got no shot. sure it's the NFL and "any given Sunday" blah blah blah. we're going to get our asses kicked again. realistically, this should be the worst game of the 3. the Chargers are the best team so far. for that reason, i think the Chiefs will keep it closer (i guess thats a relative term, because 21 pts would be "keeping it closer" and i hardly believe losing by 21 is close). 2 things that scare me th most about the Chargers, Gates & Tolbert. Gates has always kicked our ass and Tolbert is a tackle breaking machine. you don't get away with arm tackling him. if we can quite those 2 down, then it will be closer than anyone thinks. if Gates and Tolbert run free, it's gunna be another long Sunday.

i have 0 confidence in our offense or the play calling. even if our defense plays well early, they will be on the field to much and get tired. the O has to show me 1st before i believe them. i am a Missouri boy!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed 100% KC. This one is a loss and I don't expect it to be close. Playing the Chargers is always difficult, but we've been extremely poor on both sides of the ball this year so I don't think this will be all that difficult for them.

I expect a quick game with the Chargers winning handily, 34-10, which would be our biggest offensive explosion this year.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for making a thread I can rant in come Sunday.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Hey, you got it buddy!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say it fwith me...SUCK 4 LUCK!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the more the week progresses, this just seems like a game that the Chargers could give away. i don't really see how the Chiefs can move the ball offensively, but with some turnovers and good field position, maybe the Chiefs pull a rabbit out of their hat. i'm completely on board with the Suck 4 Luck movement. i really would hate to see the Chiefs win 6 games and find themselves not getting a new QB. it's odd how quickly i reverted back to a fan of ****** team. after last year, i thought i was done rooting for a top pick. it only took 2 terrible games to jump right back into the, "wait for next year" mindset.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are silly. *******, let's beat the Chargers!

The Chiefs have some ways to move the ball on the Chargers. This isn't the Chargers' defense we're used to. They have new players on the line and the Chiefs can run on them. Yeah, Charles is gone, but they still have a good stable of runningbacks. Pope could be huge for the Chiefs. The Chargers had absolutely no answer for Gronk, and while he's probably the best TE in the NFL right now, Pope has the potential to dominate the Chargers similarly if he steps it up. If they can get the running game and Pope going, that will open things up for Bowe and McCluster.

As the game gets closer and closer, and I see more and more chances for the Chiefs to take advantage of the Chargers, things look better and better. The key this week will be the defense. They HAVE to show up huge Sunday. If the offense can get the ball first, run it down the Chargers' throats and put up a score early, that should bring life to the defense. The way the offense played the first two games, we saw the defense just give up in the second half once it was apparent they weren't going to get any help.

Last edited by nepg : 09-23-2011 at 05:47 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is going to have a monster game.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I stopped reading after you said Gronk was the best TE in the NFL.

Chargers win, 37-17.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I stopped reading after you said Gronk was the best TE in the NFL.
I wouldn't say he is the best today but he is for sure on pace to be sooner rather than later. I don't think people realize how good he is. The kid is a flat out beast.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I wouldn't say he is the best today but he is for sure on pace to be sooner rather than later. I don't think people realize how good he is. The kid is a flat out beast.
I completely agree that he is a beast, but best in the NFL is stretching it.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rivers is going to have a monster game.
without a doubt.
and that's putting it mildly Splat.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I completely agree that he is a beast, but best in the NFL is stretching it.
Why? He's a great blocking TE who is also an amazing receiving TE. Who is better?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Why? He's a great blocking TE who is also an amazing receiving TE. Who is better?

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Nope. Gronk is better right now and those guys don't even block.

Last edited by nepg : 09-24-2011 at 04:35 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm taking a healthy Gates today as my #1 TE but I'm super high on Gronk he is easily top 5 right now and will be the best very soon IMO.

NE arguably has two top 10 TE's on their team it's just insane.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That first third down pass right there is a perfect picture of Cassel, when they showed the replay you could see the post coming open, but Cassel didnt have the vision to see it, instead dump off to McCluster for 3 yards and a 3 and out on the first posession.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Ryan Succop is sucking this year.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ryan Succop is sucking this year.
Just a bit...but who isn't this year.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

With this play calling I'm pretty sure the coaches don't trust Cassel.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_fan88 View Post
With this play calling I'm pretty sure the coaches don't trust Cassel.
Why should they?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

Quote:
Why should they?
I agree, but this is just bad, and blatently obvious, its like watching Herm-O all over again.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I can tell you what Cassel is going to do before he even does it. If I know what he is doing then you can bet your ass NFL players know whats coming.

So dam predictable.