Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I also hate this Jim "affair" storyline that's begun out of nowhere. I know it won't happen but I don't like how they keep pushing it on us.
Yeah, I'll agree with you on that one. I want more development on Angela's marriage to the *** senator than Kathy.

Stupid Kathy.

Also, when they were talking about Kevin, Kelly, and Kathy, I was sure that a KKK joke was coming up. I was disappoint.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Yeah, I'll agree with you on that one. I want more development on Angela's marriage to the *** senator than Kathy.

Stupid Kathy.

Also, when they were talking about Kevin, Kelly, and Kathy, I was sure that a KKK joke was coming up. I was disappoint.
That's to creative for the new Office writers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no idea Kathy was still on the show, or her name, before tonight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoyed it. Upcoming episodes look promising.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faith restored.

Tonight's episode was excellent and for the first time in a long time, I'm excited to watch the next few episodes. They set up several real plot arcs to play out. I have a strong feeling we could be looking at something similar to the quality of the Michael Scott Paper Company arc.

Seriously loved this episode. The jokes weren't prevalent, but when the show actually instills a sense of purpose in its characters, everything improves. This is the type of development I've been demanding for some time.

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-09-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the episode as well. Dwight gave me a few laughs and as Xio said, created some plot arcs. Definitely excited to see where this goes.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FOUR MINUTES of deleted scenes from this episode:

http://www.officetally.com/the-offic...deleted-scenes

They might not have wanted to cut that talking head for Kathy/Cathy ... isn't it the first one she's had? The first one that gives her any semblance of a story?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Faith restored.

Tonight's episode was excellent and for the first time in a long time, I'm excited to watch the next few episodes. They set up several real plot arcs to play out. I have a strong feeling we could be looking at something similar to the quality of the Michael Scott Paper Company arc.

Seriously loved this episode. The jokes weren't prevalent, but when the show actually instills a sense of purpose in its characters, everything improves. This is the type of development I've been demanding for some time.
I really like your takes on this show. It's gonna be nice to have some real plot substance again. I wonder how they are going to split the time between the two places.

I also dislike the Kathy affair thing. I feel like its dramatic and heavy & I just don't want it.

Not gonna lie, the Erin/Andy thing breaks my heart. They are my favorite characters (shut up) and bring me joy so it makes me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked last night's episodes...

Thing I loved the most...
Stanley. He was hilarious. I loved him. Quite frankly, reminded me of a black version of me. Some1 that wants to be in Florida but lives in a **** cold state. MVP of the episode.

Things I liked (besides Creed being visible)...
As others have already mentioned Robert California not being in it. I am getting sick of his story line and Andy's needing to kiss his ass. I thought Andy was prolly a good choice since I think Ed Helms is a great actor, but in this way for me, it just doesn't work.

I liked Dwight getting a "managerial" position. Him having his sense of power and the attempt to make him feel special. Line of the night was prolly when Andy asked Dwight why he couldn't take like a Creed or a Meredith.

Things I hated...
The ending. A. I am not sure why Jim is going with such a young baby at home. Doesn't make a ton of sense. B and most of all the whole affair/love triangle thing between him and Kathy or Katie or Anne or whatever the **** her name is. Where the **** did she come from?

Secondly, Angela. I hate her. She is a ***** and never have liked her, doesn't bring much to the story ever. And she is a *****.

Last edited by yodabear : 02-10-2012 at 05:52 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Angela way more than Phyllis or Meredith.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I liked last night's episodes...

Thing I loved the most...
Stanley. He was hilarious. I loved him. Quite frankly, reminded me of a black version of me. Some1 that wants to be in Florida but lives in a **** cold state. MVP of the episode.

Things I liked (besides Creed being visible)...
As others have already mentioned Robert California not being in it. I am getting sick of his story line and Andy's needing to kiss his ass. I thought Andy was prolly a good choice since I think Ed Helms is a great actor, but in this way for me, it just doesn't work.

I liked Dwight getting a "managerial" position. Him having his sense of power and the attempt to make him feel special. Line of the night was prolly when Andy asked Dwight why he couldn't take like a Creed or a Meredith.

Things I hated...
The ending. A. I am not sure why Jim is going with such a young baby at home. Doesn't make a ton of sense. B and most of all the whole affair/love triangle thing between him and Kathy or Katie or Anne or whatever the **** her name is. Where the **** did she come from?

Secondly, Angela. I hate her. She is a ***** and never have liked her, doesn't bring much to the story ever. And she is a *****.
A. Jim is going because Robert California told him to come...If your Boss told you to come to Florida to play golf you do it or your stuck in the same position for the rest of your life...or fired.

B. Kathy likes Jim but Jim hasnt really ever showed any of those feelings back. Clearly Kathy is extremely awkward person and feels that Jim must have these feelings back to her. Now I honestly think it wont be much of a big deal...I think she throws herself at Jim, Jim rejects her, and she goes bat **** crazy or something. Clearly she thinks that Jim and Pam's marriage is on the rocks...though there is no indications of that either...so the chick is crazy for Jim. The chick is going to lose her job anyway.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim did/didn't admit that she was objectively attractive. But Kathy also asked to move out of Jim's desk cluster. It should be interesting to see what they do with this. I think her going crazy is a good possibility.

Maybe its just because Pam hasn't really been on the show a lot lately, but I feel like Jim and Pam have really been side characters this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwights team being announced, and him cussing LUULLZZZ
Old 02-10-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also perfect pig anus
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Uhhhhhh ending of episode!!! That biotch, home wrecker
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post

B. Kathy likes Jim but Jim hasnt really ever showed any of those feelings back. Clearly Kathy is extremely awkward person and feels that Jim must have these feelings back to her. Now I honestly think it wont be much of a big deal...I think she throws herself at Jim, Jim rejects her, and she goes bat **** crazy or something. Clearly she thinks that Jim and Pam's marriage is on the rocks...though there is no indications of that either...so the chick is crazy for Jim. The chick is going to lose her job anyway.
I don't think she is going to lose her job. It looks like Erin plans on staying in Florida so maybe Kathy get the receptionist job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This store in Florida will make for a good segue into Dwight's spinoff. It is absurd how out of place and pointless Jim's character has become. Maybe this Florida trip might make things interesting. They already had a golf episode with him. Stanley could have a good stretch of episodes.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
This store in Florida will make for a good segue into Dwight's spinoff. It is absurd how out of place and pointless Jim's character has become. Maybe this Florida trip might make things interesting. They already had a golf episode with him. Stanley could have a good stretch of episodes.
Jim should have been made manager. It's as simple as that. Andy was a character who used to thrive as a leader of the pack of secondary characters.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't think she is going to lose her job. It looks like Erin plans on staying in Florida so maybe Kathy get the receptionist job.
You think Erin is really staying in Florida? Come on. There's not a chance in hell this plot doesn't end with Andy going down there to bring her back.

And Kathy will be kicked to the curb even sooner than that.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've got to be saving Kathy for something good.
She's literally done nothing so far. There needs to be a reason for this.
...and no, Erin will not leave or stay in Florida.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
They've got to be saving Kathy for something good.
She's literally done nothing so far. There needs to be a reason for this.
...and no, Erin will not leave or stay in Florida.
They're saving her to make a pass and Jim. That's pretty explicitly clear based on the end of the last episode ...
Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

at* Jim?

I guess I dont remember that youre talking about. I'll have to rewatch.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
at* Jim?

I guess I dont remember that youre talking about. I'll have to rewatch.
Did you miss the tag at the end of the episode? It was after the last segment of commercials.

HUGE IMPLICATIONS. Kathy is talking on the phone to person unknown and basically says Jim and Pam's marriage is already on the rocks and she's gonna make a move in Florida.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wtf is wrong with Michael's hair in the first season?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Did you miss the tag at the end of the episode? It was after the last segment of commercials.

HUGE IMPLICATIONS. Kathy is talking on the phone to person unknown and basically says Jim and Pam's marriage is already on the rocks and she's gonna make a move in Florida.
Yup. Missed that completely. Wow.