Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the cold open of Tallahassee. Finally getting time to watch it.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ehhh After Hours, was alright.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Test store had it moments, ending was good.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Creed SLAP, SCREAM, RUN AWAY (and not come back) was AWESOME. So was Stanley keeping pizza in his pyramid and being on break. Those two are prolly my fave characters and they've been awesome this season.

The rest of the episode.....meh.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

They weren't kidding about Florida Stanley, I love him.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I think I see the imprint of a ring pop."

Hahahahaa
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My review of "Last Day in Florida"

Things I liked:
- All of the Jim/Dwight stuff. The Florida arc has been heavy on Dwight/Jim interaction, and it paid off big tonight with some long-overdue character development, all the while being funny.
- The cookie plot was mostly good. The extra helping of Toby was great. I love how they left his random glasses unexplained. And I love Daryl's reveal that Kevin buys 40 boxes a year.
- I like the idea of Erin being hired to help the old woman, though they dialed up her ignorance a little too much. Overall, still a net positive plot.
- Packer taking the fall for the store.
- Robert California's return wasn't bad. I appreciated the fact that he was aware of how terrible the concept of a Sabre Store was.

Thinks I disliked:
- The cold open was lousy. Once again, they repeated a Michael Scott joke by rehashing it and giving it to Andy. Shame on the writers for this one.
- Again, Erin was just a little too dumb for my liking.
- Creed had nothing outside of the cold open.

Overall grade (post-Steve Carell era): A-

I thought this was easily one of the three best episodes of this season.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
My review of "Last Day in Florida"

Things I liked:
- All of the Jim/Dwight stuff. The Florida arc has been heavy on Dwight/Jim interaction, and it paid off big tonight with some long-overdue character development, all the while being funny.
- The cookie plot was mostly good. The extra helping of Toby was great. I love how they left his random glasses unexplained. And I love Daryl's reveal that Kevin buys 40 boxes a year.
- I like the idea of Erin being hired to help the old woman, though they dialed up her ignorance a little too much. Overall, still a net positive plot.
- Packer taking the fall for the store.
- Robert California's return wasn't bad. I appreciated the fact that he was aware of how terrible the concept of a Sabre Store was.

Thinks I disliked:
- The cold open was lousy. Once again, they repeated a Michael Scott joke by rehashing it and giving it to Andy. Shame on the writers for this one.
- Again, Erin was just a little too dumb for my liking.
- Creed had nothing outside of the cold open.

Overall grade (post-Steve Carell era): A-

I thought this was easily one of the three best episodes of this season.
I think the point of the Florida arc was to bring the show more in focus on Jim and Dwight. They are the most popular and interesting characters on the show so it should focus on them. I really liked how Jim saved Dwight from being fired. It showed how good of a guy Jim is.

Erin was too stupid. I know she is an idiot, but they just took it to another level this week. I seriously thought that old lady was going to die after seeing Erin just dump random pills into her pill container.

I have a feeling the Andy-Erin plot is going to result in Andy not being the manager next season. Something about bosses not being able to date coworkers or something. But if they make Nellie the manager, that is the end of my viewing of the Office. The entire show has been about Jim progressing in his career from a guy who didn't want to make Dunder Mifflin his career to a guy who was at one point Co-manager. Giving Andy the manager's job over Jim was a hug kick in the nuts to the long-time fans. If they had another opportunity to make him manager and didn't, it would be like taking a machete to our dicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jim becomes manager next season. The whole point of this season was to show Jim's weaknesses and how he's sort of evolved. He was kind of lousy when he was put in charge before and wasn't ready (probably not willing) to be a manager.

All of Jim's story lines have been him looking weak but as of late, he's been a lot more complete of a character. I think that would make sense if he becomes manager and him taking initiative in the finale last season painted the way for it.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you two are right. I wanted Jim as manager all along for many of the reasons you stated.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

My review of tonight's episode, "Get the Girl"

The positives:

- Toby/Tony ... seriously, they complete randomness of Toby the last few weeks is superbly amazing for the fact that he makes no effort to explain or even acknowledge that anything is different about him.
- The open open ... KILL THE BALLOON! KILL THE BALLOON!
- Jim ... I hope he keeps fighting Nellie at every turn and eventually rallies the rest of the office, not behind Andy, but behind him. Perhaps Robert will tell Andy that he can't date Erin AND be manager, even if that's a contrived way to get him out of the manager's chair.
- Creed ... both his look of sadness in the cold open and his "touch me and I'll sue you" line sitting at Dwight's desk. Golden.

The negatives:
- EVERYTHING else.
- Nellie was downright terrible. None of her jokes landed. I absolutely refuse to accept that anyone could find this to be humorous. She's the most god awful comedienne I've ever seen. If she returns next season, I will bail. I can't think of anything else the show could do that would have the same effect on me.
- Erin, again, was made to be too stupid. Clueless is one thing (it's her character), but doing things that make you legitimately question how someone that stupid could live to that age is way too far.
- Andy/Erin ... There were ways I could possibly have been convinced to care about the pairing of them; This was not it. It lacked intrigue in the worst way.
- Robert ... having TWO completely foreign characters in The Office at once, he and Nellie, made things worse. Way too many characters got no lines or screen time as a result of devoting time to people we don't and never will care about.

Overall grade (Post-Carell era): D+

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was pretty bad the main reason being Nellie.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think any episode with Nellie as the main focus will have a ceiling of about a C. She is horrible.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the last two weeks it started to pick back up, but honestly, this was one of the worst of the series. Meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought the last two weeks it started to pick back up, but honestly, this was one of the worst of the series. Meh.
I did get better because the last few episodes have focused on the relationship of Jim and Dwight. That is the bread and butter of the show. Tonight, there was almost no interaction between the two. Instead they focus on the worst character in the history if the show. Not hard to see why is sucked so much.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I REALLY hope the takeaway from this episode is that Jim continues to fight Nellie and eventually take the job himself.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another highlight in this episode for me was the Dwight/Daryl confrontation, that was actually funny.

When the show involves a plot that does not include Jim or Dwight (and occasionally Kevin), the rest of the episode sucks.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillez, if you don't start posting more....I will kick you in the dick. Just right square in the dick, and it will hurt more than a 22 minute nonstop Nellie episode.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Erin is a lost cause, how is she so dumb? Maybe thats why not so many people care about her and Andy. Before I kind of did, when he was a salesmen and she didn't seem so dumb. But now, what the hell? That old lady is smarter.

Also Nellie and her god damn annoying voice and accent and stupid jokes all terrible.

California I liked his bit about the analogy, "Do you want Nature or Sex? ...you know trust me you want the sex one."
Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Nellie is full of that senseless British humor that's completely lost on Americans. And god damn is her accent annoying.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

she wasn't to bad in FL
Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nellie is opposite of a laugh. I just don't think her jokes are funny. She just doesn't fit. I like how Robert had no power over getting rid of her though. You can slowly see him working himself out.

Also I may be the only one, but I still love Andy & Erin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't hate Andy and Erin in theory, but I hate Andy as boss, which makes his behavior just absurd. How can he just leave his damn job to DRIVE to Florida. That'd take days.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't hate Andy and Erin in theory, but I hate Andy as boss, which makes his behavior just absurd. How can he just leave his damn job to DRIVE to Florida. That'd take days.
He didnt stop to pee.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nellie is full of that senseless British humor that's completely lost on Americans. And god damn is her accent annoying.
That's extremely offensive to people who get British humor.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote