Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's crazy how much better the show got when they decided to just not have a replacement for Michael.
There were signs of improvement even before Andy's hiatus began. Greg Daniels returning as showrunner for this last season was hugely important.

But Andy is coming back. Ed Helms is off the show to shoot a movie, not because they figured it would help the show's quality and plots. My hope is they keep him out of the spotlight.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the two episodes were pretty good. Like I said, I'm holding my opinion of the camera crew until we see where they are going with it.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else getting the feeling we havent seen the last of Brian?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Anybody else getting the feeling we havent seen the last of Brian?
Uhhh ... that's a 100% guarantee ...
Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rewatched the episodes. I liked them more the second time. I'm just a Jim fan amd I though ght his storylines were weak. Brian is an interesting development as long as Pam shoots him down if it ever comes to that. And where was Pete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

It's worth pointing out, as Brian Baumgartner did on Twitter today, that Pam cheated (or at least kissed) another man while engaged to Roy ... but it's not like we need to be fearful of a non-happy resolution to Jim and Pam's strife.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first episode had Badger from Breaking Bad so it wins.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The first episode had Badger from Breaking Bad so it wins.
The entire time he was in it I couldn't place him. Finally thought of it during the 2nd episode.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Brodeur had to point out that the guy who defaced Pam's mural was Bram from LOST.

I usually have an excellent eye for determining where I've seen obscure actors before.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost half the time I recognize someone it's cause they were the bad guy on law and order.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was disappointed with how much air-time Eric Wareheim got.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Brodeur had to point out that the guy who defaced Pam's mural was Bram from LOST.

I usually have an excellent eye for determining where I've seen obscure actors before.
He was also the brute moron from Justified in S2 who beat the **** out of Raylan, but you would not have gotten that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm glad they cleaned up the Brian thing. They cleaned up a bunch of loose ends yesterday. Dwight's imaginary Andy was pretty funny. Not a funny episode overall, but moved the plot along.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm glad they cleaned up the Brian thing. They cleaned up a bunch of loose ends yesterday. Dwight's imaginary Andy was pretty funny. Not a funny episode overall, but moved the plot along.
I'll agree with you there. I enjoyed the episode. It shows that an episode doesn't have to be full of cheap laughs to be good. I hope Andy gets fired, he is seriously the manager ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I liked the episode.

I just hope they don't soften Andy's dickishness now that they went to that extreme yesterday. Give his character some semblance of closure and a happier ending, sure, but don't have the whole office (and Erin) back to propping him up as a good boss ever again.

The thing with Brian still doesn't bother me. I feel like it's been handled well because it has coincided with a legitimate Pam/Jim conflict and will only make for a bigger pay-off in the end.

Loved yesterday's characterization of Dwight, so basically the show is back to alternating between good and bad Dwight on an episode to episode basis. I am glad his spin-off was not picked up.

I want more David Wallace. He's a reminder of when the corporate aspect of the show wasn't a trainwreck (Sabre era DM), and he's always been a good voice of reason.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I love that Dwight is wearing the Italian suit now. To me, even with Michael, the show has always been about Dwight and his relationship with Jim.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Brian is terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It was a little awkward, but ended up working pretty well. It was an easy way to introduce a new character and get rid of him without impacting the rest of the cast to drive an arch.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last nights episode was pretty good. Watching Bob Odenkirk, I wish The Office would of set it up where he took over for Michael when he left instead of Andy, who is getting more annoying each episode.

Interesting note at the end of the show.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Thought this weeks was pretty good. Very Andy move to bring their exs back.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

That episode was just so bizarre. I didn't dislike it, but the different plots couldn't have been more haphazardly assembled. It felt like the Dwight/Angela and Toby/Strangler/Nellie plots were those deleted plot threads that often don't make the final episode cut after editing it down. They weren't bad. They just existed completely independent of the rest. Same with the Oscar tag at the end.

But I didn't dislike it. I'm glad they're continuing to paint Andy as a villain. Changing gears would just be really unnatural and a disappointment now that they've committed to his lunacy.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That episode was just so bizarre. I didn't dislike it, but the different plots couldn't have been more haphazardly assembled. It felt like the Dwight/Angela and Toby/Strangler/Nellie plots were those deleted plot threads that often don't make the final episode cut after editing it down. They weren't bad. They just existed completely independent of the rest. Same with the Oscar tag at the end.

But I didn't dislike it. I'm glad they're continuing to paint Andy as a villain. Changing gears would just be really unnatural and a disappointment now that they've committed to his lunacy.
It's very possible that many of those scene were deleted scenes from previous episodes. The episode was originally a half hour but a late call by NBC changed it to an hour.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

There was so much going on int he episode. I also didn't dislike it. I liked all of the different plots going on, it was just weird and not very cohesive.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've made Andy the most annoying, obnoxious, intolerable character in the history of television.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
They've made Andy the most annoying, obnoxious, intolerable character in the history of television.
As long as they keep it up and don't make him redeem himself in some grand way. His behavior has been pretty unforgivable all around and it'll be very unrealistic if all is forgiven.