Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's on track to earn his Masters this spring, and has said that if he comes back for his last year of eligibility, he's going to enroll in law school.

Impressive kid, for sure.

Last edited by WCH : 09-27-2011 at 05:12 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys will hate him once the Cowboys draft him.

Just sayin'.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the first round hype with him. His athleticism is over-rated (he's a long strider) and his accuracy is hit or miss.

edit: While he may not be that "typical athletic QB", he struggles from the same things they do. Poor mechanics and Poor accuracy.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't see the first round hype with him. His athleticism is over-rated (he's a long strider) and his accuracy is hit or miss.

edit: While he may not be that "typical athletic QB", he struggles from the same things they do. Poor mechanics and Poor accuracy.
I'm not sure you can overrate his athletic ability. He's an Olympic caliber athlete, long strider or not.

He's also completing 85% of his passes right now. Gimmick offense, level of competition...sure. But that's impressive no matter which way you slice it. It's not like it's all easy throws. I've seen him complete back shoulder lasers, position balls in the right place on the sideline, and just rape on the deep ball.

I just don't see mechanical and accuracy issues like some do. Even still, those things don't keep you out of the first round anymore. See Blaine Gabbert. He's got ridiculous upside and top notch intangibles on top of it. That's generally a winning combination, even with some rawness. He's nowhere near as raw as some people think though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-27-2011 at 05:13 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO if you liked Newton/Locker/Gabbert, I don't see why an NFL team wouldn't head over heels for the chance to draft Griffin.

I'm at the point if a guy looks like he can pass in college and appears to have good arm strength, I'm assuming his throwing skillset translates to the NFL.

I see plenty of velocity and accuracy when RGIII throws the football. His intangibles are pure Eagle Scout and I love his deep ball accuracy.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
IMO if you liked Newton/Locker/Gabbert, I don't see why an NFL team wouldn't head over heels for the chance to draft Griffin.

I'm at the point if a guy looks like he can pass in college and appears to have good arm strength, I'm assuming his throwing skillset translates to the NFL.

I see plenty of velocity and accuracy when RGIII throws the football. His intangibles are pure Eagle Scout and I love his deep ball accuracy.
I do NOT love the deep ball accuracy. I love the WRs adjusting to them. He consistently overthrows or underthrows his receivers, and they make the catch anyway. There is a reason Kendall Wright is on Scott's HOT list.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you tell RGIII is overthrowing WRs if they make the catch in stride??lol
Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's getting to that point, it would seem.

Again, it's easier than ever before to be an NFL QB. You have to be really, really crappy to not be an effective NFL QB anymore.

Anyways, if RGIII keeps this up, he'll end up being the #2 QB on a lot of team's boards. Whether he's drafted there depends on a number of unforseeable variables.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We talked about Griffin for about ten minutes on the most recent podcast:

Draft Countdown Podcast - September 27, 2011
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/draftco...raft-countdown

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He now has more incompletions than TD. The fact that we can first say that in October is telling. K-State had a great game plan to take Baylor down, and it worked, finally.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
He now has more incompletions than TD. The fact that we can first say that in October is telling. K-State had a great game plan to take Baylor down, and it worked, finally.

J
did they even? He still had a great game, his one interception was because he got crushed.

And I understand how fast he is, but his speed hasn't really wowed me on the football field. Not like Vick who looked the fastest player on the field, which Griffin apparently is.

Now he's obviously a great player, I just was expecting a more dynamic runner for how fast he is.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin has more straight line speed, he isn't as agile as Vick.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick has better straight line speed football wise than RG3.(Well old Vick)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I like that RGIII's running ability doesn't overshadow his entire game. He has mobility and speed but he's not a gifted runner.

If only Baylor had a defense. I'd like to see Griffin in a bowl game, besides the Senior Bowl.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That WR for Baylor Kendall Wright seems be getting overshadowed...he is legit. I like him a lot.

If Baylor played a more ball control type offense I think there defense would be better but they seem to be a quick strike offense which leads to that defense being gassed.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like that RGIII's running ability doesn't overshadow his entire game. He has mobility and speed but he's not a gifted runner.

If only Baylor had a defense. I'd like to see Griffin in a bowl game, besides the Senior Bowl.
No one in the Big...the conference in the middle of the country...plays defense. So they fit right in.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have him ranked 4th behind Landry Jones as the best QB's for the draft. He has improved his stock a lot, but we will see if he can keep up this type of production. Right now I'd probably have him as a 2nd rounder, maybe sneeking in as a late 1st.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Eagles draft him and having Reid groom him the next couple seasons behind Vick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I have him ranked 4th behind Landry Jones as the best QB's for the draft. He has improved his stock a lot, but we will see if he can keep up this type of production. Right now I'd probably have him as a 2nd rounder, maybe sneeking in as a late 1st.
I don't think it's fair to ask him to maintain this level of production. If he does...great. But it's sort of an impossible standard to live up to throughout the season. He'll probably go through a stretch where he's as productive as he was last year, which was VERY productive....just not ungodly productive.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His running is like VY, not particularly agile but great in a straight line and has some wiggle.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yea, he has a 150.8 NFL QB rating...not bad lol. Utterly useless stat but still quite impressive.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I don't think it's fair to ask him to maintain this level of production. If he does...great. But it's sort of an impossible standard to live up to throughout the season. He'll probably go through a stretch where he's as productive as he was last year, which was VERY productive....just not ungodly productive.
Hell no; people are on crack. If he maintains this level of production, he overtakes Luck as the #1 pick in the draft. 80% completion rate = #1 pick.

Fortunate for Luck, he almost certainly won't maintain this level of production.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Hell no; people are on crack. If he maintains this level of production, he overtakes Luck as the #1 pick in the draft. 80% completion rate = #1 pick.

Fortunate for Luck, he almost certainly won't maintain this level of production.
Even if he did keep up his production there is no way he would overtake Luck as the number 1 pick.

Last edited by SolidGold : 10-02-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the Chiefs happen to win enough games to be out of the Andrew Luck prize, then I want RGIII over Jones and Barkley.

I think RGIII is going to be special in the NFL!
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will too and I'm a huge RG3 fan. Good deep ball, smart, good awareness.. I think he could be a player in this league.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote